Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    oooooh. Two teams I really really dislike are England and Italy. But France comes very very close.
    hihihihihihi Bye France. I don't like this team too. There is a thing between Portugal ad France. lol
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
      All my family was with me. It's not everyday that we see Portugal playing so well. We laught. It was rugby.
      The funny thing is the fact that the 4 players who had red cars were friends........(just a moment YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAH MEXICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.French is in a bad situation I'm happy!!!!!!)....hmm....so I was saying.lol They were sitting together and laughing when their teammates were playing.
      *LOL* I am rooting for Mexico in this one. So Yay!

In SS6 related news, I've finally finished watching all 101 episodes of SGA *sigh* and will do a sort of continuity timeline for everyone. Then if y'all want we can open up the floor for the final discussion of the wrap up of the Wraith Extinction storyline. I think we can actually hold off on The Lost City episodes as far as discussion goes because they're a 90 degree turn from other stuff, so let's team build through the season a bit before we do the finale. But after we look at the continuity elements, we'll double check our final arc discussion and then the floor will be open to write!

All writers need to do either the Echoes (or pick an eppy of your choice) assignment of novelizing scenes from the start of the episode until the first American commercial break. If you're uncertain where this is in an episode, let me know and I'll tell you about where it falls.
      This is a good exercise because it will show you about how long your first part should be--and hence about how long your entire story should be (multiply the number of pages of the first part times 5).

It'll also show you how to write a story more like an episode (with cut offs, cliffhangers and scene breaks) rather than a prose story (which is more continuous). Writers that need to do this are Erin87, pkprd, Anuna, Eri13, and drewandian.

Oh, and my friend with the awesome editing suite agreed (and is excited) about doing new credits. I'm going to bring over my DVDs and show her how the old credits look. I'll keep you updated on what she thinks she can accomplish.
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Sorry to be OT again but I'm crazy when I watch sport.lol

My mom said to me "tomorrow, I will watch SGA with you because I was nice tonight to not yell when you and your dad was yelling and jumping"lol
        sigpic
        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
          Oh, and my friend with the awesome editing suite agreed (and is excited) about doing new credits. I'm going to bring over my DVDs and show her how the old credits look. I'll keep you updated on what she thinks she can accomplish.
          Awesome!! Looking forward to see what she comes up with.
          Are we still doing to two different credits? One before Torri joins and one after?

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
            Are we still doing to two different credits? One before Torri joins and one after?
            We can see--I think it'll depend on how long these take her. The S5 ones would work for our early episodes, since the only cast member they're missing is Paul, and we can add him in post-Torri too. But I'll keep you updated.

Comment

In SS6 related news, I've finally finished watching all 101 episodes of SGA *sigh* and will do a sort of continuity timeline for everyone. Then if y'all want we can open up the floor for the final discussion of the wrap up of the Wraith Extinction storyline. I think we can actually hold off on The Lost City episodes as far as discussion goes because they're a 90 degree turn from other stuff, so let's team build through the season a bit before we do the finale. But after we look at the continuity elements, we'll double check our final arc discussion and then the floor will be open to write!
              Eri, I'm still picking at my SGA timeline; I don't remember if I sent you a copy or not. It's pretty detailed (as far as SGA history goes; not so much with SG-1 or SGU history); let me know if you want to use that as a base document.

Excellent! I'm looking forward to seeing what she comes up with!

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
              Good question; I don't think we ever totally pinned that down.

We can see--I think it'll depend on how long these take her. The S5 ones would work for our early episodes, since the only cast member they're missing is Paul, and we can add him in post-Torri too. But I'll keep you updated.
              Good point. I'm not sure we've ever finalized whether or not we'd have Carson appearing in a major role in enough episodes to trigger a slot in the opening credits.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

All writers need to do either the Echoes (or pick an eppy of your choice) assignment of novelizing scenes from the start of the episode until the first American commercial break. If you're uncertain where this is in an episode, let me know and I'll tell you about where it falls.
                This is a good exercise because it will show you about how long your first part should be--and hence about how long your entire story should be (multiply the number of pages of the first part times 5).

It'll also show you how to write a story more like an episode (with cut offs, cliffhangers and scene breaks) rather than a prose story (which is more continuous). Writers that need to do this are Erin87, pkprd, Anuna, Eri13, and drewandian.

Sounds like a plan. I encourage all writers and participants in the discussion to go to the comm and refresh their memories on the story arcs.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Sounds like a plan. I encourage all writers and participants in the discussion to go to the comm and refresh their memories on the story arcs.
                  A capital suggestion.

As for me, I'm going to be laying in a stock of hard liquor and mainlining all of SGU Season 1 this weekend to see if there's anything we can steal use.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

You guys can do a couple of earth episodes. You know what I don't understand? Why didn't you guys follow some of the storylines from what Atlantis season 6 was supposed to be abd tweak them for sparky?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      A capital suggestion.

As for me, I'm going to be laying in a stock of hard liquor and mainlining all of SGU Season 1 this weekend to see if there's anything we can steal use.
                      God be with you my child. There are some things I won't do even for Sparky.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      You guys can do a couple of earth episodes. You know what I don't understand? Why didn't you guys follow some of the storylines from what Atlantis season 6 was supposed to be abd tweak them for sparky?
                      Because we already have our own story arcs that we have painstakingly come up with over the last few months. All we have on what they planned for S6 is the bits in Mallozzi's blog and who knows how serious he was. And also we are not writing a Sparky romance novel. We will be working the John/Elizabeth relationship into the season but it will have a rocky start. Check out our comm for all the news. The url is in my sig.
                      sigpic

Comment

Eri, I'm still picking at my SGA timeline; I don't remember if I sent you a copy or not. It's pretty detailed (as far as SGA history goes; not so much with SG-1 or SGU history); let me know if you want to use that as a base document.

Excellent! I'm looking forward to seeing what she comes up with!

Good question; I don't think we ever totally pinned that down.

Good point. I'm not sure we've ever finalized whether or not we'd have Carson appearing in a major role in enough episodes to trigger a slot in the opening credits.
                        Thanks. The timeline I'm doing is more continuity based than actual event based, meaning I'm going to be focusing on evolution of characters/concepts (like following the Wraith progression and all the stuff they experienced, from waking up to civil war to the effects of Jennifer's retrovirus etc) rather than when they occurred. But I'll definitely be referencing your timeline for stuff.

SR, I'm with you. SGA in whole was enough.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday and HAPPY SPARKY DAY!!!! That's right, everyone, another month, another 18th day of the month! In celebration of Sparky Day, we'll be having a wine tasting this afternoon at 3:30, with a selection of fun wines and tasty snacks for a warm summer's day. So come on out and join us for a leisurely afternoon to kick off summer!

God be with you my child. There are some things I won't do even for Sparky.
                          *snickers*

Because we already have our own story arcs that we have painstakingly come up with over the last few months. All we have on what they planned for S6 is the bits in Mallozzi's blog and who knows how serious he was. And also we are not writing a Sparky romance novel. We will be working the John/Elizabeth relationship into the season but it will have a rocky start. Check out our comm for all the news. The url is in my sig.
                          Indeed. We're aiming for canon-friendly stories with an eventual shipper angle, but we're in no hurry to get there. It's as much about the journey as it is about the destination.

Thanks. The timeline I'm doing is more continuity based than actual event based, meaning I'm going to be focusing on evolution of characters/concepts (like following the Wraith progression and all the stuff they experienced, from waking up to civil war to the effects of Jennifer's retrovirus etc) rather than when they occurred. But I'll definitely be referencing your timeline for stuff.

SR, I'm with you. SGA in whole was enough.
                          Aha, cool beans.

And yeah, I think I'm gonna need a lot of alcohol to get through this assignment.

Comment

I hope this can be useful to you writers, some timelines I found over the Internet:
                            http://www.stargatehandbook.org/sga/timelinemain.html
                            http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline
                            http://scifi-timeline.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

And this is a site with a sort of Atlantis city map:
                            http://stargatehub.com/sgawidget/

Unfortunately this site, which had the most detailed maps:
                            http://atlantis-project.webs.com/Index.html
                            has many dead links except for the tower.

Hope these links can be of any use to you

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday and HAPPY SPARKY DAY!!!! That's right, everyone, another month, another 18th day of the month! In celebration of Sparky Day, we'll be having a wine tasting this afternoon at 3:30, with a selection of fun wines and tasty snacks for a warm summer's day. So come on out and join us for a leisurely afternoon to kick off summer!

*snickers*

Indeed. We're aiming for canon-friendly stories with an eventual shipper angle, but we're in no hurry to get there. It's as much about the journey as it is about the destination.

Aha, cool beans.

And yeah, I think I'm gonna need a lot of alcohol to get through this assignment.
                              Speaking of needing alcohol, wait until you read your PM's.

Anyway, wine tasting. I'm on it. I'll bring several bottles of the 2005 Octagon wine from Virginia's own Barboursville Vineyards. This is the best red wine VA makes and IMHO is on par with any much more expensive I've ever had. Including Opus One. Octagon is a proprietary blend driven by Merlot, with elements of Reserve Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon and Petit Verdot. It has a dark, rich garnet color with an intense aroma of plum, cassis, coffee and berries woven together in barrel for a phenomenally full and silky palate. Tannins are resplendent and graceful. If you like a good muscular red, you will love this.

We'll also have the Veritas Viognier which is a medium-full-bodied, pale golden wine, produces an elusive, almost tantalizing bouquet of apricots, peaches and white flowers. The first impression is an uplifting fruit-filled rush that tastes of ripe peaches, honey, fresh orange peel and lychee fruit. This is one of our favorite VA whites and we love to visit the vineyard to watch the sunset over the Blue Ridge with a glass of their wine.

For those who don't drink but want to enjoy the tasting I'll throw in a case of another Virginia product: Alpenglow, our sparkling cider. It's refreshing and delicious and not too sweet.
                              sigpic

Comment

Having a full understanding of the series is so nice. I think I have a plotline for Episode 3--tell me what y'all think.

At the end of EATG, we're left hanging with whether John made good on his threat to kill Todd. I say he didn't, Todd's still around.

Spoiler:
                                When we end the Series 6 two-part opener, Atlantis will be back in Pegasus. When they get there, they will go to New New Athos so Teyla can find her people.

In episode 3, we get there and Teyla discovers that many of her people are missing, and the ones left will NOT want her back as leader. The reason is they felt she abandoned them (having been on Earth for anywhere from 6 months to a year without word to them) and while she was gone the Wraith came and took some of them.

What the Atlantis group finds out is that the Wraith have started building camps to keep prisoners for experimentation of potential cures for the Hoffan drug. This is similar to what was hinted at in Outsiders, and also shows what the Wraith were doing with the refugees. Plague survivors are kept and tested on.

The Athosians have been attacked because of their connections to Atlantis, for revenge, etc. In this way we can start to build the Athosians as a more important race in Pegasus because the Wraith are aware of them and they are considered a 'lead' alien group when they join the coalition. Teyla is desperate to find them but the remaining Athosians won't listen to her and Atlantis has no idea where to start. In a twist, Kanaan is able to mediate between Atlantis and Athos.

Todd, however, proposes that he knows of a number of potential 'sites' where the camps could be, that he can worm his way back into his faction of the Wraith and that if John lets him go, he'll contact Atlantis when he's found Teyla's people. Like Elizabeth with Ladon in common ground, John has to decide if he can trust Todd or not.

In the end, he allows him to go. Todd, perhaps realizing John wasn't kidding about ending his life the last time, makes good on his promise and sends Atlantis the coordinates of the camp where the Athosians are being held. They rescue them and take the entire Athosian tribe to a planet similar to Lantea, where the Athosians can establish a new land under the protection of Atlantis until they are strong enough again to protect themselves. Though the Athosians do not like being without a gate, Kanaan convinces them this is the smartest way to stay safe until they can learn new technologies that will allow them to defend themselves. Teyla Teyla and her people are still at odds and perhaps Kanaan is trying to make peace between them. (remember that whole 'he is meant to be a leader' speech Teyla gives in Missing? Perhaps we see him start to exercise that here).

Building into Episode 4, we can have the Birthday start out as a way for Teyla to try and reconnect, and it is reserved but by the time the 'adventure' is over Teyla will have made peace with her people.

This way the Athosians will be near Atlantis and Teyla (no gate access, but that'll be part of the deal of being kept safe and rebuilding) and we can transition Kanaan to a more leaderly role. Plus, John now owes Todd a favor AND Todd is out there in the universe.

Thoughts?
                                Last edited by Eri13; 18 June 2010, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X