Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    I guess you could interpret it that way, but for me it was that she completely missed the reference. I guess it's up to your personal choice, there's no right or wrong answer. But that, coupled with her lack of interest in football (personal FOUL for me as a female football fan and the ONLY part of Elizabeth that irritated me!) makes me think she doesn't really care to know much about sports, at least not those sports.
    That irritated me too. But you know it's the good 'ol boy writers being sexists. Why of course a woman of her refinement and education can't be interested in football. I'm a pretty typical woman of my generation and my friends are about 50/50 on liking sports. Gaming, however, totally escapes us. Unless you count playing Farmville on FB. Which I have so far avoided. But I'm the only woman I know over 50 who plays on a SciFi forum. Yet scrapbooking and taking craft classes would make me slit my wrists with my little tiny scissors. I'm proud of being untypical.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

OMG! Switzerland beat Spain.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        That irritated me too. But you know it's the good 'ol boy writers being sexists. Why of course a woman of her refinement and education can't be interested in football. I'm a pretty typical woman of my generation and my friends are about 50/50 on liking sports. Gaming, however, totally escapes us. Unless you count playing Farmville on FB. Which I have so far avoided. But I'm the only woman I know over 50 who plays on a SciFi forum. Yet scrapbooking and taking craft classes would make me slit my wrists with my little tiny scissors. I'm proud of being untypical.
        *snickers* I guess that makes me pretty untypical, too. Here I am, university educated in theatre and political science, I like to cook, I like fine art and fine wine, I play computer games (especially first-person shooters, but RPGs are fun too), I'm a football, baseball and hockey fan, I like going to Renaissance fairs, I watch science fiction, I'm trying to learn how to sew... yeah. I'm a weirdo.

Quick, someone fire up the fondue pot! LOL!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Weird, isn't it?? I'm not really interested in the World cup, but from what I heard so far, I'm going: "WTF is up with the World Cup this year??"

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          *snickers* I guess that makes me pretty untypical, too. Here I am, university educated in theatre and political science, I like to cook, I like fine art and fine wine, I play computer games (especially first-person shooters, but RPGs are fun too), I'm a football, baseball and hockey fan, I like going to Renaissance fairs, I watch science fiction, I'm trying to learn how to sew... yeah. I'm a weirdo.
          Lol, I'm a typical nerd
          I like computers and programming. I love gaming (especially RPGs and Godgames), I absolutely love sci-fi. I have a Star Trek and a Stargate uniform that I wear when I'm at a convention... and sometimes when I'm not at a con (yes, I'm crazy like that... but it's usually the Stargate stuff that I wear in daily life, cause they just make me look military and not like a weirdo like the Star Trek one would) I love to read, love movies and adore tv. I'm into graphic design.
          But then again, I'm also not a typical nerd as I don't live in the basement, but live together with my boyfriend And I love the sunshine I also love to go to music festivals and concerts (ranging from classical to trance and everything in between). I love going out with friends to discus politics. And I love baseball (and yes, I also have a fondness for curling). I also love playing sports myself.
          My friends consist of real nerds and people who can't stand sci-fi.
          So yeah... even though I'm a real nerd, I have my non-nerdy side too

Sig by me

Comment

It's the year of the underdogs.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I know! Wild, huh?

I'm so there. I have an English & Poly Sci double degree, a law degree, and yet I work in marketing for a cable corporation owned sports network doing graphic design and commercial script writing. I am a sports fanatic, yet In Style is my favorite magazine; I could spend hours playing video games (Zelda is my favorite) yet I am currently reading War & Peace. Metallica S&M is my all time favorite album but I regularly attend opera and classic music. I love to bake, I love cars, I am trying to learn how to knit and I play tennis competitively. I love writing fanfiction and I'd do a Kurasawa film fest any day.

I am a total non-stereotype of a maverick, and I love it.
              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Attention, Season 6 cast and crew! Just for something random, to celebrate the shocking win by Switzerland over Spain, we're going to be serving a fondue snack bar in the parking lot next to Stage 6. We'll have lots of veggies, meats and bread to dip in those bubbling pots of cheese, with a dessert station featuring fruit and more chocolate than you can shake a fondue fork at! Joe's called for a truckload of Budweiser, which should be arriving momentarily...

*there is suddenly the sound of a truck horn blowing at the studio gate*

The beer is here! Let's party!

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                Lol, I'm a typical nerd
                I like computers and programming. I love gaming (especially RPGs and Godgames), I absolutely love sci-fi. I have a Star Trek and a Stargate uniform that I wear when I'm at a convention... and sometimes when I'm not at a con (yes, I'm crazy like that... but it's usually the Stargate stuff that I wear in daily life, cause they just make me look military and not like a weirdo like the Star Trek one would) I love to read, love movies and adore tv. I'm into graphic design.
                But then again, I'm also not a typical nerd as I don't live in the basement, but live together with my boyfriend And I love the sunshine I also love to go to music festivals and concerts (ranging from classical to trance and everything in between). I love going out with friends to discus politics. And I love baseball (and yes, I also have a fondness for curling). I also love playing sports myself.
                My friends consist of real nerds and people who can't stand sci-fi.
                So yeah... even though I'm a real nerd, I have my non-nerdy side too
                Whoo hoo! Nerds rule!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                  I'm so there. I have an English & Poly Sci double degree, a law degree, and yet I work in marketing for a cable corporation owned sports network doing graphic design and commercial script writing. I am a sports fanatic, yet In Style is my favorite magazine; I could spend hours playing video games (Zelda is my favorite) yet I am currently reading War & Peace. Metallica S&M is my all time favorite album but I regularly attend opera and classic music. I love to bake, I love cars, I am trying to learn how to knit and I play tennis competitively. I love writing fanfiction and I'd do a Kurasawa film fest any day.

I am a total non-stereotype of a maverick, and I love it.
                  Yay! We are just so cool in our non-stereotype-ness!

Comment

You like fine wine. What is your current favorite? You live in a great place for the good California stuff.

Attention, Season 6 cast and crew! Just for something random, to celebrate the shocking win by Switzerland over Spain, we're going to be serving a fondue snack bar in the parking lot next to Stage 6. We'll have lots of veggies, meats and bread to dip in those bubbling pots of cheese, with a dessert station featuring fruit and more chocolate than you can shake a fondue fork at! Joe's called for a truckload of Budweiser, which should be arriving momentarily...

Whoo hoo! Nerds rule!
                    Woot! I love fondue. *waves fork* And the beer goes with it perfectly. We can also celebrate the success of the McShep world tour that resulted in Sparky World Summer! I haven't seen any actual reports on Minneapolis but I read something about how Joe has loosened up a lot on the McShep jokes and actually says what those fans want to hear. Proves our point that when the guys talk about ship they are just playing to the audience. But I doubt either of them know how seriously all the ship fans take anything they say. LOL
                    sigpic

Comment

You like fine wine. What is your current favorite? You live in a great place for the good California stuff.
                      I'm currently into Viognier and Petite Syrah, as well as Malbecs from Argentina. Very yummy stuff.

Woot! I love fondue. *waves fork* And the beer goes with it perfectly. We can also celebrate the success of the McShep world tour that resulted in Sparky World Summer! I haven't seen any actual reports on Minneapolis but I read something about how Joe has loosened up a lot on the McShep jokes and actually says what those fans want to hear. Proves our point that when the guys talk about ship they are just playing to the audience. But I doubt either of them know how seriously all the ship fans take anything they say. LOL
                      *raises a glass to Joe and David* Those two are so our heroes! LOL!

Comment

Whoohoo, season 6 cast and crew party Just what I needed
                        *puts vegan fondue on table and grabs some veggies*... *drools*
                        If I'd drank beer I'd be very grateful to Joe for the truckload of the stuff
                        *raises VitaminWater* Cheers guys!!

Ooh, they don't have a clue to how seriously the fans take it... although if you know how much they're confronted with it, you'd think they would.
                        *raises glass to Joe and David* You guys rock!! And especially Joe, cause I didn't see David at the bar at fedcon

Sig by me

Comment

It was a funny night. I forgot how crazy my mom is and my dad couldn't stop saying "she's hot".lol

Invasion of sga actors on the French television: Jessica Steen, Robert Patrick, Don S Davis, Claire Rankin.....And the movie with Jessica Steen is in the same place that the one we can see in Vegas. link
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

*races past with a fork in hand*

FOOD!!!
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Whoohoo, season 6 cast and crew party Just what I needed
                              *puts vegan fondue on table and grabs some veggies*... *drools*
                              If I'd drank beer I'd be very grateful to Joe for the truckload of the stuff
                              *raises VitaminWater* Cheers guys!!
                              Hey, you know we never pass up an opportunity to party. All work and no play make Sparkies dull. And we can't have that!

Ooh, they don't have a clue to how seriously the fans take it... although if you know how much they're confronted with it, you'd think they would.
                              *raises glass to Joe and David* You guys rock!! And especially Joe, cause I didn't see David at the bar at fedcon
                              Heehee! Sometimes, I wonder about those two... Joe and David are quite devious, after all.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                              It was a funny night. I forgot how crazy my mom is and my dad couldn't stop saying "she's hot".lol

Invasion of sga actors on the French television: Jessica Steen, Robert Patrick, Don S Davis, Claire Rankin.....And the movie with Jessica Steen is in the same place that the one we can see in Vegas. link
                              Then I take it a good time was had by all? Excellent! And wow, look at all the SG alums!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              *races past with a fork in hand*

FOOD!!!

Comment

Weird, isn't it?? I'm not really interested in the World cup, but from what I heard so far, I'm going: "WTF is up with the World Cup this year??"
                                Exactly my reaction but not for the game. Because the horrible noise.lol
                                I'm sure all the big teams (Brazil and Spain for example) will be better for the next match. It's not a good thing for Portugal.grrr
                                Players of Spain were sure to win. Big head. Glad they lost this game. Now they will start to play a little and stop to think they're the best. It's not just for Spain but also for Brazil and many other countries.
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                X