Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Okay, let's see. How about "Atlantis: It's always rising." or "Atlantis Rising: We can always get it up." or maybe "Atlantis Rising: Always erect."
    Bwahahaha!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Bwahahaha!
      I blame the fact that I am lightheaded with hunger. Can't wait to get those crabs at Joe's.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I blame the fact that I am lightheaded with hunger. Can't wait to get those crabs at Joe's.
        Ah, hunger, the mother of inspiration.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'd like to buy the Atlantis companion books, but I have so many books in my house, I don't have any room left. I'm considering to buy an e-book reader, but there are so many models and most of them are expensive I don't really know if it's worth it or not. But it would be good for purchasing foreign book in electronic format, including the Stargate ones. Any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
            I'd like to buy the Atlantis companion books, but I have so many books in my house, I don't have any room left. I'm considering to buy an e-book reader, but there are so many models and most of them are expensive I don't really know if it's worth it or not. But it would be good for purchasing foreign book in electronic format, including the Stargate ones. Any advice?
            SR Jr. has a Kindle and he loves it. I also have a friend who has one and she loves hers too.
            sigpic

Comment

The season companion books are not available as e-books; right now, only a few of the novels are, and those are only available for Amazon's Kindle.

Comment

Heh, I still haven't even gotten the S4 companion book... or the S4 DVDs, or, well, anything related to S4 and S5.
                Second that.

*cracks up* Is it just me, or does the idea of doing snarky t-shirts for Atlantis Rising sound very appealing?
                Something like this maybe...

T-shirt for Kate -> puts the FUN in dysfunctional

(is from a fanfic in which John brings T-shirts back from Earth - not mine)
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Okay, let's see. How about "Atlantis: It's always rising." or "Atlantis Rising: We can always get it up." or maybe "Atlantis Rising: Always erect."
                  "Atlantis Rising: Not going down."

Okay, that one isn't that smutty, but this fic I'm working on just reached the good part. FINALLY.
                  I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I like it!

Originally posted by Anuna View Post

Okay, that one isn't that smutty, but this fic I'm working on just reached the good part. FINALLY.
                    Whoo hoo! Bring on the smut!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Second that.

do you remember the name of the fic?

Comment

Thank you to everyone that read my fic *hugs*

I also have the first three companion books and I'm no interested in buying the other two. Although I'd like to check in the 4th one how they talk about Torri leaving.

Aah, too many books. A "problem" that sounds very familiar. But I still prefer to read my books as an actual book and not on a screen... I'm nostalgic like that
                        It's actually the only "problem" I have with fanfic... if it wouldn't hurt so many trees, I'd print all the fanfics to read them and then keep an archive of the ones I love...

Originally posted by Anuna View Post

Yay, the good part
                        I really can't wait to read it

Sig by me

Comment

I'm back from Joe's and stuffed with crabs. Actually I had shrimp but shrimp isn't as funny. Like I would never say I had a little shrimp at Joe's. Never ever.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                            Thank you to everyone that read my fic *hugs*

I also have the first three companion books and I'm no interested in buying the other two. Although I'd like to check in the 4th one how they talk about Torri leaving.
                            *snorts* They were probably under studio-mandated order to downplay it as much as possible.

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                            Aah, too many books. A "problem" that sounds very familiar. But I still prefer to read my books as an actual book and not on a screen... I'm nostalgic like that
                            It's actually the only "problem" I have with fanfic... if it wouldn't hurt so many trees, I'd print all the fanfics to read them and then keep an archive of the ones I love...
                            I did that with Stargate!Ren. I was able to do all sorts of nifty stuff with fonts, printed on both sides of the paper just like a real book, and everything. Filled up two binders.

I'm back from Joe's and stuffed with crabs. Actually I had shrimp but shrimp isn't as funny. Like I would never say I had a little shrimp at Joe's. Never ever.
                            *snickers* It's funny how easy it is for Joe and innuendo to go together. Kinda like peanut butter and chocolate.

Comment

*snorts* They were probably under studio-mandated order to downplay it as much as possible.

From the season 4 companion book:
                              "For various reasons, the production found it necessary to write out the character of Dr Elizabeth Weir, played by Torri Higginson. The decision had actually been made at the conclusion of season three. The writers had always found weir a difficult character to intergrate into the Atlantis enviroment, with all its inherent jeopardy- as a civilian diplomat with no military backround, Weir's function as part of the Pegasus Project was difficult to flesh out.Finding reasons to take her offworld and into the heart of the story could easily feel contrived. Yet having her be the character that stayed in the city watching the teams come and go did not make for a fullfilling role, either for the writers or Higgenson. Eventually the producers felt the only solution was to replace the character. "
                              sigpic

Comment

^^ And that makes me furious all over again.
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X