Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Actually, they still haven't published a companion book for Season 5.
    It will be available in september if I have a good memory.
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
      Quick hello again before to join my friends outside.

I bought the S4 companion book and I will buy the S5 just for the same reason that I bought S4 and S5 dvds: I hate to start something and don't have the whole thing.lol But I almost stole the S4 dvds (20 euros and not 55 euros because the shop did a mistake) so I'm not sad.lol And I don't sell them for the moment because I still really like the first seasons. Companion books are interesting.
      The book that you mentioned is Angelus? My mom bought some of those books just because I had to read them for her.lol I didn't read "Blood ties" (not sure if it's the title) and my mom is not happy.lol

Time to return to hell. It's so hot here.......I miss the rain
      Yup, Angelus was the novel I was talking about. Pretty decent, for post-Lifeline. If Evans does any more Atlantis novels, I'll be willing to give them a try.

Read Blood Ties! It's kinda cracktastic, but fun.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yup, Angelus was the novel I was talking about. Pretty decent, for post-Lifeline. If Evans does any more Atlantis novels, I'll be willing to give them a try.

I have ten books to read. Well 50 books if I count the discworld ones (thanks fionnait).
        sigpic

Comment

It will be available in september if I have a good memory.
          I just looked at Amazon and didn't see it.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I don't think the 5th season companion book is out yet, ive been looking out for it bust so far nothing yet. i hope they have one cuz id like to read about what went into some of the eps. i got all the sga novels though, and i think most of them are good up until blood ties. everything from blood ties and after seems a little off to me. Though i did enjoy mirror mirror, if the author just didnt have a character say something about that if the wraith didnt exsist maybe atlantis wouldnt have been built id have enjoyed it more. Casualties of War is a good elizabeth book in terms of her actually going off world and using her diplomatic skills.
            sigpic

Comment

With angelus, i felt that sams characterization was a bit off , and the way she and john interacted with each other felt odd as well. Otherwise i liked the book.

I had serious issues with blood ties.
              sigpic

Comment

I just looked at Amazon and didn't see it.
                I think someone mentioned they saw it up on borders, but i usually buy from amazon and its not there.
                sigpic

Comment

so outta curiosity who outta the recurring characters list that we havent see in a while will be bringing back i wouldn't mind seeing General O'Neill, Colonel Carter and Dr. Jackson make a return appearance (not necessary in the same episode) but it would be nice to see them.

Comment

Sounds like loads of fun! Have a good time!

*hugs* I miss Thor.

Heh, I still haven't even gotten the S4 companion book... or the S4 DVDs, or, well, anything related to S4 and S5. Except for the trading cards (the set contains Seasons 3 and 4), and one of the novels, which was quite good at keeping Elizabeth's spirit alive even without her there. The rest of it can all burn.
                    Gee, I wonder why?

*cracks up* Is it just me, or does the idea of doing snarky t-shirts for Atlantis Rising sound very appealing?
                    LOL Great idea. I'll bet we could come up with some great slogans. Right now I can't think of anything that's not smutty.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

@ SR - let us then have the smutty ones.
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

September 6, 2010 for the companion book

link
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          Oh I get that you didn't mean Patrick was evil but it's still a little too cliche. Sorry, don't hate us for not liking your idea. LOL
                          Meh. If it was good you would've liked it.

I never saw the last episode of SG1. For me my little Hermy is still alive. It was hard when Thor....can' say the word.
                          I love Hermiod.

Season 7 for Ford, good idea.
                          Well, I suppose they never actually say Hermy is dead, but it's kinda implied. Also there's the fact that we never see him again.

I'm back. The concert was great. I took a photo of my friend in her uniform and made it my screensaver on my phone. I may replace her in Chicago though.

I bought the first 3 companion books but have completely skipped the last 2. Some of those episodes I didn't want to know what everybody thought. Yech.
                          I take it by companion books, you guys are meaning something that isn't a novel, rather something to do with the production of each episode? Kinda like the dvd special features? The last two would be the ones I'd want to buy the most, I bet there'd be some diverse opinions.

Now I'm taking a break before heading out to dinner with SR Jr. and his GF at ...wait for it....Joe's Crab Shack . It's one of our favorite places with a huge outdoor patio and great drinks. And you can buy a t-shirt that says "Hot Legs and Great Tail" or "Crabs do it sideways" or "I got crabs at Joe's" or my personal favorite "Bite me".

Gee, I wonder why?

*cracks up* Is it just me, or does the idea of doing snarky t-shirts for Atlantis Rising sound very appealing?
                          Very

LOL Great idea. I'll bet we could come up with some great slogans. Right now I can't think of anything that's not smutty.
                          Do share
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post

Well, I suppose they never actually say Hermy is dead, but it's kinda implied. Also there's the fact that we never see him again.
                            Why you say it? Do oyu really want to break my heart?lol
                            Hermy is alive.

I have to watch the last episode of SG1.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              Okay, let's see. How about "Atlantis: It's always rising." or "Atlantis Rising: We can always get it up." or maybe "Atlantis Rising: Always erect."
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Why, whatever's wrong with smut?

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                                What Anuna said.

September 6, 2010 for the companion book

link
                                Aha! Thankies for the link.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                                I take it by companion books, you guys are meaning something that isn't a novel, rather something to do with the production of each episode? Kinda like the dvd special features? The last two would be the ones I'd want to buy the most, I bet there'd be some diverse opinions.
                                Correct. Here's the companion books for Season 3 and Season 4, for just a quick peek.

'Diverse opinions?' *snerks*

Comment

Working...
                                X