X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As an addendum to that:

Spoiler:

Hang on, this Legacy novel is really good

...going back there to investigate...wait - are you reading that frakking novel again?

:woolsey: I pulled some strings and got an advance on the next novel, like you wanted. I don't see why you like it so much - Kanaan is dead, John's gay....Really?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post

Alternatively, there's:

Spoiler:
      Teyla, don't deny yourself the pleasure of true love. Now that Kanaan has realised that his affinity with childcare meant he was a raging homosexual and come out of the closet, you are free to get together with John.

I know you resisted the urge when I was alive, and I thank you for that. I'm sure you knew I had a crush on John, but was too frigid to make a move. Thankfully I didn't have the nerve, an age gap of a year or two is so much more inappropriate than one of nearly ten.

But now that I'm dead, there's no reason for you to hold back. John can bury himself in your heaving bosoms and you can make love at all hours of the day. And when you are visiting your people, John can visit Kanaan to take care of his urges. It couldn't work out any better if I planned it myself.

It'll make me so happy to see the two of you together. You've always been like a daughter to me, I know you'll be able to change John from that annoying co-worker I couldn't relate to into a complete human being.

I'll leave you to muse on that, I want to check up on my other son, Rodney. From what I hear, that lovely young Jennifer is pregnant. I'm so excited to be a grandmother in waiting!!! I could never have children, due to my inability to relate to people in general, and my failed attempts to attract men before I got past childbearing age, so it makes me so pleased to see you and Rodney taking that step. I might die for real this time!

LAMAO!!!! You've been gereened for that! I loved it! What we really need is to write fanfiction
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
        Heres how i think an elizabeth scene would play out in the books, except written way better

Spoiler:
        Ascended Weir or weir consciuosness downloaded into a supercompter in PG: " Teyla i know your confused right now but John needs you, hes always needed you, and you need him. your the one person hes ever truely been able to confide in , the one person hes ever truely loved. I saw it everytime hes ever looked at you, every time hes ever talked about you. he was always talking about what an important asset you were to his team, but ive always known he was talking about how important you were to him. And sadly, thats why ive always known that he and i could never be more than friends and co-workers despite me wanting so much more. But now you have a chance to be with him in a way i could never be. You can help make him whole, you can help make each other whole. tell him how you feel, i know you love him, stop denying it. now that you and kannan arent together anymore, theres nothing in your way, nothing to stop the two of you. you and john can finally be together, the way you were always meant to be. If you don't want to do it for yourselves, do it for me. Because more than anything i want to see the two of you together and happy. Damn, theres a bit of static in our connection, i gotta go now and tell rodney the secrets of the universe and make sure he knows that he and jennifer are soul mates as well. Good luck with john, make sure you tell him soon." Teyla stands there alone with tears glistening in her eyes and a thoughtful look on her face.

Alternatively, there's:

Spoiler:
        Teyla, don't deny yourself the pleasure of true love. Now that Kanaan has realised that his affinity with childcare meant he was a raging homosexual and come out of the closet, you are free to get together with John.

I know you resisted the urge when I was alive, and I thank you for that. I'm sure you knew I had a crush on John, but was too frigid to make a move. Thankfully I didn't have the nerve, an age gap of a year or two is so much more inappropriate than one of nearly ten.

But now that I'm dead, there's no reason for you to hold back. John can bury himself in your heaving bosoms and you can make love at all hours of the day. And when you are visiting your people, John can visit Kanaan to take care of his urges. It couldn't work out any better if I planned it myself.

It'll make me so happy to see the two of you together. You've always been like a daughter to me, I know you'll be able to change John from that annoying co-worker I couldn't relate to into a complete human being.

I'll leave you to muse on that, I want to check up on my other son, Rodney. From what I hear, that lovely young Jennifer is pregnant. I'm so excited to be a grandmother in waiting!!! I could never have children, due to my inability to relate to people in general, and my failed attempts to attract men before I got past childbearing age, so it makes me so pleased to see you and Rodney taking that step. I might die for real this time!

*dies laughing over and over!!!!!!*
        Brilliant!!!!!!!!
        And I so would read the books, cause that is just pure and simple crack!fic!!!!

Anuna, where's that smut fic you promised?

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          LAMAO!!!! You've been gereened for that! I loved it! What we really need is to write fanfiction
          Cheers So, post it on her LJ and see if it makes it into the novel?
          sigpic

Comment

Who knows? I doubt she'll get the irony of it all.

But I just posted something to my LJ and I believe you'd rather enjoy that.

Kris, no fic yet. Iw as way too sleepy yesterday, to finish it. patience, my young padawan

Comment

Who knows? I doubt she'll get the irony of it all.

But I just posted something to my LJ and I believe you'd rather enjoy that.

Kris, no fic yet. Iw as way too sleepy yesterday, to finish it. patience, my young padawan
              I got it, before you mentioned it (it's those all seeing eyes *nods*). And I commented. And suck it
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                Euhm... did you see in between Teyla and Woolsey?
                I wasn't talking about the banner, but the poster: http://picasaweb.google.com/kris.rus...38825324661394

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                  I wasn't talking about the banner, but the poster: http://picasaweb.google.com/kris.rus...38825324661394
                  Good catch! I was wondering what planet you were on, but I didn't pick that up AT ALL! What a fool am I.
                  sigpic

Comment

regarding age- isnt JF older than TH?
                    sigpic

Comment

Re actor's ages:

JF 5 January, 1967
                      TH 6 December, 1969

I can't attest to what age the characters are meant to be, sorry. Maybe someone else can help there?

Interesting sidenote though - on the GW omnipedia character bios, Sheppard's has a link to Weir (given he is/was her 2IC), yet there is no mention of him at all on Weir's page. Also, Sheppard's page has a link to Joe's IMDB profile, Weir's has no link to Torri's. I've been talking to an old man smoking a cigarette, he tells me there might be something in this. I'm not sure it was worth it - removing the giant X from my bedroom window was a real pain.
                      sigpic

Comment

for your season 6 have you thought about having the lucian alliance making a run at atlantis or attempted run at atlantis, be one of the reasons that the ioa consent to send atlantis back to pegasus. The ioa could come to the conclusion that having atlantis on earth would be more trouble than its worth cuz they cant let it fall into the hands of the lucian alliance and since they need an outpost in pegasus anyway to keep an eye on the wraith, sending atlantis back would be a good option. Also they can kill the zpm in order to get back , thereby cutting them off from earth stargate wise. This would tie in well with the problems earth has been having with the lucian alliance in sgu and would give a good reason for not having mckay come back to earth to fix problems on destiny cuz its inconvient. It doesnt have to be an actual attack or anything, it can be something like a mention that the odssey while on its secret mission or some earth spy or jaffa contact uncovered a plot by the lucian alliance to attack atlantis.
                        That's a feasible plan and would make a great fic. Check out our comm in my sig for all the details on SS6.

Interestingly, it seems that Joe F agrees with you on the bad fanfic note - didn't someone at J/T say he wasn't impressedby the new books coming out? LOL. Irony at its best.

Also, I am THISCLOSE to tell JG what I think of her sudden idea to include Elizabeth. She says all three authors like her? Pfffft. If she writers her like she does in her fic, that will be a real proof of liking her. Good grief.
                        That's what I hear he said but I haven't seen a con report confirming it. He wanted S6 and seemed happy when Kris told him about ours.

And anyone who likes Elizabeth would not write her as cold and distant.

You and VW are naughty children. I think you have found a soulmate. But both those fics point up how ridiculous it would be to characterize the characters like you did. Yet there is fanfic that has them exactly that way. Fanfic, it is. But it's not canon.

Yes he is by about a year I think. And Rachel and Torri are close to the same age also. The whole age thing is just another made up argument.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Re actor's ages:

JF 5 January, 1967
                          TH 6 December, 1969

I can't attest to what age the characters are meant to be, sorry. Maybe someone else can help there?

Interesting sidenote though - on the GW omnipedia character bios, Sheppard's has a link to Weir (given he is/was her 2IC), yet there is no mention of him at all on Weir's page. Also, Sheppard's page has a link to Joe's IMDB profile, Weir's has no link to Torri's. I've been talking to an old man smoking a cigarette, he tells me there might be something in this. I'm not sure it was worth it - removing the giant X from my bedroom window was a real pain.
                          Is it sad that I completely get that?
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Re actor's ages:

JF 5 January, 1967
                            TH 6 December, 1969

thats what i thought, thats y i never got the shes too old for him arguement. As for the characters , sheppard kinda has to be about the same age as joe just based on his military rank , the most you could go is 2 or three yrs younger. And since they used DH's real age for rodney i dont see why they wouldnt do it for the other characters/actors
                            sigpic

Comment

thats what i thought, thats y i never got the shes too old for him arguement. As for the characters , sheppard kinda has to be about the same age as joe just based on his military rank , the most you could go is 2 or three yrs younger. And since they used DH's real age for rodney i dont see why they wouldnt do it for the other characters/actors
                              Exactly. The point is, none of these characters are youngsters. They have a certain age, and experience that goes along and that is perfectly fine. EVERYONE AGES. It's not a tragedy. I never got that 'I'm losing my youth OMG look there's a wrinkle!' thing, and just as SR says, it's a made - up argument that ahs nothing to do with characters and the way they interacted on screen. Same goes for those arguments that Elizabeth was too pushy and - believe it or not - harrased John. (Like in that Michael Douglas and Demi Moore movie.) Which, again, has me wondering if there is some different version of SGA going around, one that I haven't seen?

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Is it sad that I completely get that?
                                Oy. i get it too. And CSM thinks it's full of cr*p.

Comment

Working...
                                X