Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    I knew someone was going to guess! And I prefer this fanon over the show canon.
    This is so cute. Just looking at the pics and thinking they're going to be parents makes me squee and all happy. It really looks like they're waiting for the big news. Thank you 'nuna for the adorable mental image. Now I'm going to squee for the rest of the day... *squee* *giggles*
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
      No words needed. Sheppard is sooooooooooooooooo ...

Adorable. I love it when you get inspired.

on polyamorous nomads - it is supposed to be a group of people wandering without a goal and sleeping with each other, also without a goal.
      *snerk* I can see it. Halling must have gone through the entire tribe by now. LOL

So, I'm back from the wine festival which was in one of those little Virginia colonial towns close to us. It was hot hot hot. We tasted about 10 vineyards and I think Mr. SR has a list somewhere of wines we want to buy. There was a Clearance Clearwater Revival cover band, so it was all good for the Vietnam generation. Mr. SR made friends with an Air Force colonel who commented on his aviator sunglasses. I just grinned and drank more wine. Great day.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

CCR! You just KNOW Sparky would LOVE CCR!!!!

Welcome back, SR!
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

CCR! You just KNOW Sparky would LOVE CCR!!!!

Welcome back, SR!
          Everybody loves CCR. I grew up on CCR. What would John's favorite CCR song be? I'm betting that he relates to:

Not for the war references but for the rich kid association because John didn't use his wealth to get out of serving as some did.
          sigpic

Comment

Sparky Rules!!!
            It was proven yet again, today.
            We had a meeting with our Star Trek fanclub today and one of my friends there is a Sheyla. I don't know if any of you remember, but last year, I talked about this discussion I had with her about Sparky vs. Sheyla and she's the one who said that Liz looked too old to fit with John and that Sheyla should happen because it was a hot couple.
            Anyway... I showed her this picture:
            Spoiler:

And asked her: Have you ever known John and Teyla to look at each other like this?
            She gave me a glare, hung her head and admitted: No.
            I did a mental silly little happy dance, because once again it is proven that:
            Spoiler:
            SPARKY RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Last edited by KrisRussel; 29 May 2010, 12:58 PM.

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by krisrussel View Post
              sparky rules!!!
              it was proven yet again, today.
              We had a meeting with our star trek fanclub today and one of my friends there is a sheyla. I don't know if any of you remember, but last year, i talked about this discussion i had with her about sparky vs. Sheyla and she's the one who said that liz looked too old to fit with john and that sheyla should happen because it was a hot couple.
              Spoiler:

and asked her: Have you ever known john and teyla to look at each other like this?
              I did a mental silly little happy dance, because one again it is proven that:
              Spoiler:
              sparky rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REALITY CHECK DONE RIGHT. Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!!!!!

Comment

OT
                Spoiler:
                Oh my god, I think we're going to win the European Song Contest! I never thought this would happen during my lifetime!
                But very few points from France, je suis decue, Probie!
                And I have a dishwasher!!

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee congrats germanyyyyyyy!!!!

Comment

Congrats Germany
                    And I'm cursing Holland for only giving us 6 points... we would have made top 3 if they'd given us 12 points like we always give them...

Sig by me

Comment

Oh mein Gott!
                      This is unreal
                      Now we only need to win the World Cup!

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
                        Oh mein Gott!
                        This is unreal
                        Now we only need to win the World Cup!
                        Lol, good luck with that

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          The discussion here about Carter has been interesting. It's OT but relates in a way since we are trying to get our heads around John as a depressive. I loved Carter on SG-1 in a casual fan sort of way and never thought very deeply about her psyche. I think they wrote her as too much of a Mary Sue for any depression to show. She always bounced back from stuff way too quickly. On SGA however, I always saw her as being written exactly like Weir. Even her lines sounded the same and not Carter like at all. Aside from the first part of S&R where she acted like a true leader. Maybe it was because John wasn't around to tell her what to do. Hmmm. But I don't think the writers realized what they were doing.
                          Definitely a Mary Sue, and frankly too well adjusted to be believable. She'd be more like the character of Carter in Mobius than either Sg1 Carter or SGA Carter. You're right, they did write her like Weir (which made losing her all too pointless), except in S & R. And in that ep, she was actually given something to do, something similar to what she did on SG1. Hmm

Funny, but just recently I read a comment on LJ from a serious Carter fan who said S4 was sooooo great because the writers knew they were writing for AT and had to make it good. No, I am not making that up. LOL
                          Huh? The promo stuff was good, that was written for AT. The show, however, was not. IMO of course.

But really, we may be surprised. After all, said author also declared herself completely committed to canon. So surely she won't include any of those fanfic characterizations in her books. Surely.

Again, huh? Being committed to canon doesn't mean starting from where they left off in the show and then completely altering it. Being committed to canon is supposed to involve writing the characters in situations where they react in keeping with their original characterisation.

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                          Hi, this is my first post, i've been lurking here and on various other gateworld threads for quite awhile, a lot longer than i've had an account, and i figured that it was time to say hi, and you all seem nice and capable of intelligent conversation lol. I kinda should mention that I'm really not a shipper, especially when it comes to ships between main characters. That said, i can totally see this ship working in the way you guys have described in your discussions about a virtual season six, since elizabeth wont be john's boss. thats always been that main reason for my dislike of the john/elizabeth ship, cuz i've always seen the chemistry between the two characters, i just didn't like the implications on there professional relationship. I definately see this ship way more than the other suggested ship, which had me rolling my eyes and saying "oh please no" when i saw the heavy handed hints at it in the first ep, thankfully that was dropped and never made canon. Which brings me to whats quoted above and certain authors need to change canon in order to bring her fav ship into fruition. I'd never read any of said author's fanfic before, but just from her "not too spoilery spoilers" i got the impression that that is where her books are headed. I sincerely hope I'm wrong , but from reading what has been said on this thread which only confirmed what i got from reading the author's lj page, i'm not expecting much. It just kinda irritates me when published authors try to rewrite or twist canon in order to suit there own personal veiws on how a character should develop, and claim it was the only logical devolopment for the characters to undergo. Not to mention making up backstory that doesnt fit whith what was shown/discussed in canon in order to support said development (polyamourus nomads?? Seriously??????) Anyways, lol I think i've ranted enough, and im really looking forward to reading your season six when it comes out , moreso than anything thats going to be published. Gotta go bye-bye
                          Welcome to the madhouse

Get ready to squee! I just found a post from someone on my LJ flist who is at the con in the UK. She talked to Joe and he went into a rant about how badly Torri got treated, said she was hot on camera and was even sexier in person. Yes, he said it again. This person writes Sparky fanfic so she would be fair in reporting the convo. He ranted on about the producers and how everyone was treated. I won't link without her permission but that's the best of it.

Now.
                          Spoiler:
                          Squee!
                          It's official - Joe is cool

Yep, and evidently all that it took to bring this rant on was her telling him she had seen Torri's play in LA. LOL Man, he sure holds on to a mad, doesn't he. She also said he had quite a bit to say about how actresses aren't allowed to age and good parts only go to Meryl Streep and how unfair it is. LOL And I thought I couldn't love this man any more. And then he kissed her on the cheek for listening. OMG! Sounds like our boy has a lot to say if you bring up Torri. LOL

All right Drew and others who are going to Shore Leave. Torri needs to hear about this.
                          Nothing TPTW have said is believable now

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                          Sparky Rules!!!
                          We had a meeting with our Star Trek fanclub today and one of my friends there is a Sheyla. I don't know if any of you remember, but last year, I talked about this discussion I had with her about Sparky vs. Sheyla and she's the one who said that Liz looked too old to fit with John and that Sheyla should happen because it was a hot couple.
                          Spoiler:

And asked her: Have you ever known John and Teyla to look at each other like this?
                          Spoiler:
                          The too old thing bugs the crap out of me. If you're using that arguement, John is too old for Teyla. In fact, Teyla and Ford would've been more suitable if age were the only criteria.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                            The too old thing bugs the crap out of me. If you're using that arguement, John is too old for Teyla. In fact, Teyla and Ford would've been more suitable if age were the only criteria.
                            Ooh, I couldn't agree more!! The "too old" argument bugs the crap out of me too!!
                            And Teyla and Ford would have been so cute together At least they had some good chemistry

Sig by me

Comment

God I live the "she is too old for him" criteria. Can't you come up with something better? Ah, no, you can't. (general 'you', lol).

Here, a smut!fic, should you care for something steamy? ... and turn into water, post Siege, rated M. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                                Sparky Rules!!!

Spoiler:
                                And that was in S1. We can show a gazillion pics just like it from every episode they were in together.

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
                                OT
                                Spoiler:
                                Oh my god, I think we're going to win the European Song Contest! I never thought this would happen during my lifetime!
                                But very few points from France, je suis decue, Probie!
                                And I have a dishwasher!!
                                Yay! and Yay!

God I live the "she is too old for him" criteria. Can't you come up with something better? Ah, no, you can't. (general 'you', lol).

Here, a smut!fic, should you care for something steamy? ... and turn into water, post Siege, rated M. Enjoy!
                                Well, since Joe said that women get better with age, I guess that's the end of that old argument. LOL

And smut!fic. Yay!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X