No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just checked out the availability of atlantisrising.com and found out it's taken.
    So, I decided to check out the website and discovered that it's the name of a magazine.
    So, are we gonna keep the name? And if we are, what are we gonna do with the URL?

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
      I just checked out the availability of atlantisrising.com and found out it's taken.
      So, I decided to check out the website and discovered that it's the name of a magazine.
      So, are we gonna keep the name? And if we are, what are we gonna do with the URL?
      Drat! Now what? I don't know. How about checking out some other possibilities and then we'll discuss which we like?

Our original list was:

Atlantis Virtual Season Project
      Virtual Atlantis
      Atlantis Reloaded
      Atlantis Redux
      Atlantis Resurrected
      Atlantis Rising
      Atlantis Reenvisioned

Or we could go with a condensed version of the name like "SGArising.com".
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Unfortunately also atlantis-rising.com is taken and also the .net variations.
        The atlantisrising.us is available, what do you think about it?

Comment

Morning ya'll. Here's a little diddy to go with the morning coffee and sweet roll(s).

Spoiler:
          Sir John awoke shivering in the cold night air. He stood and paced thinking about how to escape his prison. Chaya had her P.O.U.S’s posted everywhere around the palace. Fighting his way out would futile. Sir John figured maybe if he asked Chaya would grant him leave to continue his quest to find Lady Elizabeth.

The next morning Sir John entered Chaya’s throne room in full armor.

“Chaya, I appreciate your hospitality and kindness. But I must ask you let me continue on my way,” Sir John made sure his tone was firm.

“Sir John, why do you wish to leave? Have I not been kind? Have you wanted for anything?” Chaya asked in return.

“No, I have been treated well. But I must find Lady Elizabeth,” Sir John replied.

“I see. Might I ask what the reason is you must leave this life of luxury?” Chaya did her best to stop her anger from showing.

“The reason is simple. True love,” Sir John stated.

“Beauty, grace, charm; they all just fade away. True love is for the story books Sir John,” Chaya spat cynically.

“No. It’s real,” Sir John shook his head in disagreement.

“I’ve heard many men say ‘I love you.’ But when they tire of you, they’ll just cast you off like an old rag,” Chaya rose from her throne and stood face to face with Sir John.

“My love will not fade away,” Sir John straightened to match Chaya’s stern gaze.

“Well,” Chaya stifled a giggle, “I’ll make a deal with you. If your Lady Elizabeth can present herself and prove your boasts of her beauty and grace, I’ll let you leave together.”

“Deal,” Sir John turned and left.

In the forest…

“Ronon, where are we going?” Lady Elizabeth asked as she followed her new friend.

“We go to town. Trade for information about Sir John,” Ronon answered.

“Alright. Do you know which territory he might be in?” Lady Elizabeth questioned.

“Maybe fire land of Neoptolemus. Or ice castle of Chaya,” Ronon informed.

“I see. We’ll probably need a ship to get there. What do you have to trade with?” Lady Elizabeth inquired.

“Ronon have many rare furs. Make nice coats,” Ronon responded.

“I only have a few little pieces of jewelry.” Lady Elizabeth’s tone showed a hint of dejection.

“We make do. Find Sir John,” Ronon stopped to and uncorked his water jug.

“Yes, we will,” Elizabeth found Ronon’s optimism invigorating.

A few hours later Ronon and Elizabeth arrived in a seaside town. The small town was filled with merchants and craftsmen selling their wares. Lady Elizabeth found the town charming in a way. Under normal circumstances, she’d probably spend an entire day searching for hidden treasures. But reuniting with Sir John, helping her friend Ronon, and getting back home were more important.

“Come, we try and get information,” Ronon motioned for Lady Elizabeth to follow him.

“Hello Ronon. Who’s your lovely new friend?” Landon asked with smile.

“Lady Elizabeth of Gaea. We need information,” Lady Elizabeth went to the point.

“So I hear. I can sell Ronon’s furs to drapers and milliners. But I need something rare and unique,” Landon hinted.

“I don’t have much. Only a few small trinkets,” Elizabeth removed a small bracelet and her earrings to show Landon.

“Hmm,” Landon studied the offerings, “how about the necklace?”

“It’s not very valuable. It’s more sentimental than anything,” Lady Elizabeth explained.

“But that symbol is familiar to my people. The upside down ‘V’ with the circle above it,” Landon explained.

“It’s the symbol for Gaea. If you want it, take it,” Elizabeth placed the necklace in Landon’s hand.

“Alright, the rumor is Sir John of Gaea is being held captive by Chaya. The crazy part is he can only leave if his true love show up to bail him out. I guess they don’t call Chaya the ‘Ice Queen” for nothing,” Landon held up his end of the bargain.

A few hours later Ronon and Elizabeth were waiting to board the Daedalus and set sail. The captain of the ship, a man named Caldwell, is known as one of the best sailors in the land. And he is also known for his short and almost rude demeanor.

“Permission to come aboard,” Lady Elizabeth shouted when she saw Caldwell on the deck.

“You paid, now get onboard so we can get going,” Caldwell shouted back.

“What crawled up his crow’s nest?” Ronon mumbled.

“Not sure but it’s been there awhile,” Lady Elizabeth couldn’t fight back a few small giggles.

“Alright, here’s how it is. You two will be quartered on deck three. The galley is on deck four. And the bridge is off limits to civilians,” Caldwell went straight to business when Lady Elizabeth and Ronon set foot on the deck.

“Fair enough, when do we set sail?” Lady Elizabeth asked.

“Now,” Caldwell turned to his crew, “weigh the anchor, raise the standard, and make my heading 167 degrees.”

Later that night Lady Elizabeth was looking over the ocean on the fore deck of the Daedalus. She turned to see Ronon come running and heard loud horn blowing.

“Ronon what’s going on?” Elizabeth was unnerved to see worry on Ronon’s face.

“Asurans, spotted off the starboard stern…”

“Mommy, what about the battle?” Torren whined.

“It will a grand battle. But we’ll need a whole night to tell of the valor of Lady Elizabeth and Ronon,” Teyla smiled at her son.

“Okay, but it better be good,” Torren tried eying down his mother.

“It will be, I promise,” Teyla kissed her son good night.
          Last edited by pkprd869; 24 May 2010, 06:39 AM.
          "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
            Morning ya'll. Here's a little diddy to go with the morning coffee and sweet roll(s).

Spoiler:
            Sir John awoke shivering in the cold night air. He stood and paced thinking about how to escape his prison. Chaya had her P.O.U.S’s posted everywhere around the palace. Fighting his way out would futile. Sir John figured maybe if he asked Chaya would grant him leave to continue his quest to find Lady Elizabeth.

“Chaya, I appreciate your hospitality and kindness. But I must ask you let me continue on my way,” Sir John made sure his tone was firm.

“Sir John, why do wish to leave? Have I not been kind? Have you wanted for anything?” Chaya asked in return.

“No, I have been treated well. But I must find Lady Elizabeth,” Sir John replied.

“I see. Might I ask what the reason is you must leave this life of luxury?” Chaya did her best to stop her anger from showing.

“Beauty, grace, charm; they all just fade away. True love is for the story books Sir John,” Chaya spat cynically.

“I’ve heard many men say ‘I love you.’ But when they tire of you, they’ll just cast you off like an old rag,” Chaya rose from her throne and stood face to face with Sir John.

“My love will not fade away,” Sir John straightened to match Chaya’s stern gaze.

“Well,” Chaya stifled a giggle, “I’ll make a deal with you. If your Lady Elizabeth can present herself and prove your boasts of her beauty and grace, I’ll let you leave together.”

In the forest…

“Ronon, where are we going?” Lady Elizabeth asked as she followed her new friend.

“Alright. Do you know which territory he might be in?” Lady Elizabeth questioned.

“I see. We’ll probably need a ship to get there. What do you have to trade with?” Lady Elizabeth inquired.

“I only have a few little pieces of jewelry.” Lady Elizabeth’s tone showed a hint of dejection.

A few hours later Ronon and Elizabeth arrived in a seaside town. The small town was filled with merchants and craftsmen selling their wares. Lady Elizabeth found the town charming in a way. Under normal circumstances, she’d probably spend an entire day searching for hidden treasures. But reuniting with Sir John, helping her friend Ronon, and getting back home were more important.

“Come, we try and get information,” Ronon motioned for Lady Elizabeth to follow him.

“Lady Elizabeth of Gaea. We need information,” Lady Elizabeth went to the point.

“So I hear. I can sell Ronon’s furs to drapers and milliners. But I need something rare and unique,” Landon hinted.

“I don’t have much. Only a few small trinkets,” Elizabeth removed a small bracelet and her earrings to show Landon.

“It’s not very valuable. It’s more sentimental than anything,” Lady Elizabeth explained.

“But that symbol is familiar to my people. The upside down ‘V’ with the circle above it,” Landon explained.

“It’s the symbol for Gaea. If you want it, take it,” Elizabeth placed the necklace in Landon’s hand.

“Alright, the rumor is Sir John of Gaea is being held captive by Chaya. The crazy part is he can only leave if his true love show up to bail him out. I guess they don’t call Chaya the ‘Ice Queen” for nothing,” Landon held up his end of the bargain.

A few hours later Ronon and Elizabeth were waiting to board the Daedalus and set sail. The captain of the ship, a man named Caldwell, is known as one of the best sailors in the land. And he is also known for his short and almost rude demeanor.

“Permission to come aboard,” Lady Elizabeth shouted when she saw Caldwell on the deck.

“Not sure but it’s been there awhile,” Lady Elizabeth couldn’t fight back a few small giggles.

“Alright, here’s how it is. You two will be quartered on deck three. The galley is on deck four. And the bridge is off limits to civilians,” Caldwell went straight to business when Lady Elizabeth and Ronon set foot on the deck.

“Now,” Caldwell turned to his crew, “weigh the anchor, raise the standard, and make my heading 167 degrees.”

Later that night Lady Elizabeth was looking over the ocean on the fore deck of the Daedalus. She turned to see Ronon come running and heard loud horn blowing.

“It will a grand battle. But we’ll need a whole night to tell of the valor of Lady Elizabeth and Ronon,” Teyla smiled at her son.

Fun. Thank you sir. I love me a little crack first thing in the morning.

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
            Unfortunately also atlantis-rising.com is taken and also the .net variations.
            The atlantisrising.us is available, what do you think about it?
            I think we should grab it while we can. Kris?

Thanks to Mr. SR for this info. Here you can find the available alternatives with atlantisrising.com. I kinda like virtualatlantisrising.com. And he says bluehost is a great hosting site.
            Last edited by Southern Red; 24 May 2010, 06:32 AM. Reason: more info
            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
              Oh, FRAK!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Drat! Now what? I don't know. How about checking out some other possibilities and then we'll discuss which we like?

Our original list was:

Atlantis Virtual Season Project
              Virtual Atlantis
              Atlantis Reloaded
              Atlantis Redux
              Atlantis Resurrected
              Atlantis Rising
              Atlantis Reenvisioned

Or we could go with a condensed version of the name like "SGArising.com".
              A condensed version could work...

I think we should grab it while we can. Kris?

Thanks to Mr. SR for this info. Here you can find the available alternatives with atlantisrising.com. I kinda like virtualatlantisrising.com. And he says bluehost is a great hosting site.
              According to godaddy, virtualatlantis.net is also available, as is atlantisrisingonline.com (and .net). So we do have some options.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I love monday when you don't have to work.
                Three days and sport sport sport. I'm tired. Too much tennis for me and it's so hot here. It's annoying to play. So the next option was to do some bets for the Football World Cup. I hope I will win.

Nice story, homie.
                sigpic
                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Oh, FRAK!

A condensed version could work...

According to godaddy, virtualatlantis.net is also available, as is atlantisrisingonline.com (and .net). So we do have some options.
                  Mr. SR says avoid godaddy. Bluehost is better and more accurate. But yeah, we do have a lot of options. Actually atlantisrisingonline.com might work better because of autofill.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post

Spoiler:

“Sir John, why do you wish to leave? Have I not been kind? Have you wanted for anything?” Chaya asked in return.

In the forest…

Hooray! More fun fantasy crack!fic! I can't wait to see this battle! *bounces*
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Mr. SR says avoid godaddy. Bluehost is better and more accurate. But yeah, we do have a lot of options. Actually atlantisrisingonline.com might work better because of autofill.
                      I definitely like atlantisrisingonline.com. And I'm totally snerching the link for bluehost.

Comment

HOLD DA PHONE!

Sorry, I'm reeling from the Lost finale and can't think straight, but before you go out and purchase hosting space, I have a TON that's available to use. I use Dreamhost and they're fantastic and I currently have almost nothing up there right now with an insane amount of space (I have half a terrabyte of bandwidth and 10000 Gigs of HD space that is free for use.)

If you need it, it's yours.
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                          HOLD DA PHONE!

Sorry, I'm reeling from the Lost finale and can't think straight, but before you go out and purchase hosting space, I have a TON that's available to use. I use Dreamhost and they're fantastic and I currently have almost nothing up there right now with an insane amount of space (I have half a terrabyte of bandwidth and 10000 Gigs of HD space that is free for use.)

If you need it, it's yours.
                          Hot damn, that's a lot of space!

Comment

*runs in*

The Sparky mint jar is up for auction! But it's missing the lid!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              *runs in*

The Sparky mint jar is up for auction! But it's missing the lid!
                              I never saw that there is a "symbol" on it. Where is the lid? They broke it or they want to sell it after?

And since when John has "playing cards"?
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                                I never saw that there is a "symbol" on it. Where is the lid? They broke it or they want to sell it after?
                                I just sent a question to them about the lid. They'd better not be trying to sell it separately!

Comment

Working...
                                X