Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Definitely. I'm wondering if we might wait until we have the first 5-10 stories done (so we've got a good buffer in case of unexpected delays) before we take the full site live; we could have a sort of teaser site up before then. There's a question: How frequently will we be posting stories once we get going? One a week? With a mid-season break of about a month or two?

Still crankin' on the timeline...

*nods* Yup. I kept thinking of those tables of free stuff that always seem to pop up at most conventions; fan clubs, comic book stores, independent artists and filmmakers, and the like are always putting out promotional flyers that attendees can pick up to read and investigate at their leisure. I figure it'll be worth exploring.

How does "Atlantis Rising: The Virtual Series" sound? (or Seasons, but I like the ring of "Series" better)
    That sounds great. Series is a much better word.

It depends on how quickly everyone writes their episodes and gets them beta'd. We want to keep everybody interested so don't want too long a delay. And I think having at least 5 written before we start putting them up would give us a good cushion of time to work with.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Atlantis Rising
      By fans, for fans!
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Definitely. I'm wondering if we might wait until we have the first 5-10 stories done (so we've got a good buffer in case of unexpected delays) before we take the full site live; we could have a sort of teaser site up before then. There's a question: How frequently will we be posting stories once we get going? One a week? With a mid-season break of about a month or two?

Still crankin' on the timeline...

*nods* Yup. I kept thinking of those tables of free stuff that always seem to pop up at most conventions; fan clubs, comic book stores, independent artists and filmmakers, and the like are always putting out promotional flyers that attendees can pick up to read and investigate at their leisure. I figure it'll be worth exploring.

How does "Atlantis Rising: The Virtual Series" sound? (or Seasons, but I like the ring of "Series" better)
        Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        That sounds great. Series is a much better word.

It depends on how quickly everyone writes their episodes and gets them beta'd. We want to keep everybody interested so don't want too long a delay. And I think having at least 5 written before we start putting them up would give us a good cushion of time to work with.
        Agreed on the timeline. I'd like publication to be pretty consistent and not be 1 month here, 1 week here sort of thing. But when we get to writing rough drafts we'll develop a better timeline for all authors.

I like the ring of 'series' too.
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

You were talking earlier about finding a pic of the city taking off, there's always the shots from EatG, similar to this:

As for the name

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Atlantis Rising
          By fans, for fans!
          That's the best I've seen so far.

My preference is for something not involving the word Rising. Granted, I can't think of anything better, but there's plenty of time for that. Months even.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
          Agreed on the timeline. I'd like publication to be pretty consistent and not be 1 month here, 1 week here sort of thing. But when we get to writing rough drafts we'll develop a better timeline for all authors.

I like the ring of 'series' too.
          Virtual Atlantis: The Series Continues
          By Fans, For Fans

Okay, that stinks. This is why I'm not writing anything
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Atlantis Rising
            By fans, for fans!
            That's good. Thoughts from everyone?

We've also got:

Atlantis Rising
            A Virtual Series

Or we could go for a combination?
            sigpic

Comment

Okay, so as far as the official title goes, we've got the following suggestions:

Atlantis Rising
              The Virtual Series

Atlantis Rising
              By fans, for fans!

By Fans, For Fans

Any others?

Right now, I'm still leaning toward Atlantis Rising: The Virtual Series, but if someone comes up with a better one, I'll vote for it.

Also, for the writers/artists, I spotted this post on LJ with links to sites that have pictures of weird and unusual buildings, scenery and natural phenomena that might spark some inspiration for the new settings we'll be visiting in Season 6 and beyond.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Okay, so as far as the official title goes, we've got the following suggestions:

Atlantis Rising
                The Virtual Series

Atlantis Rising
                By fans, for fans!

By Fans, For Fans

Any others?

Right now, I'm still leaning toward Atlantis Rising: The Virtual Series, but if someone comes up with a better one, I'll vote for it.

Also, for the writers/artists, I spotted this post on LJ with links to sites that have pictures of weird and unusual buildings, scenery and natural phenomena that might spark some inspiration for the new settings we'll be visiting in Season 6 and beyond.
                I prefer "Atlantis Rising, the virtual series".

Love those buildings. The basket building, House Attack and the Library one make me laugh. The Stone house in Guimaraes is near to my house in Portugal.lol
                Many great buildings in Spain.
                sigpic
                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Atlantis Rising
                  The Virtual Series

Atlantis Rising
                  By fans, for fans!

By Fans, For Fans

Any others?

Okay, looks like we're voting again. Unless more than 5 people object it looks like Atlantis Rising is our new title. Now we need to refine it. I voted for the first one also. We can always add the words "by fans, for fans" in the exposition somewhere.

Atlantis Rising--3
                  The Virtual Series

Atlantis Rising
                  By fans, for fans!

By Fans, For Fans
                  sigpic

Comment

My vote goes to: "Atlantis Rising, The Virtual Series".

OT
                    Spoiler:
                    Just finished watching Season 1 and 2 of Castle. Great! Can't wait to see the next S3, even if the Season 2 ending was a little sad ...

Comment

Mornin' sparkies. Man, it's been a while! Loved all the fics and pics! I do like the web host idea, and for a moniker, "Atlantis: Reprise. By fans, for the fans" just kind of popped into my head. I do like "Atlantis Rising" if entries can no longer be submitted. Now, no promises, but if things go well (like not losing limbs while doing yardwork today) perhaps a lil Sir John and Lady Elizabeth will set for spell with ya'll.
                      "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                        Mornin' sparkies. Man, it's been a while! Loved all the fics and pics! I do like the web host idea, and for a moniker, "Atlantis: Reprise. By fans, for the fans" just kind of popped into my head. I do like "Atlantis Rising" if entries can no longer be submitted. Now, no promises, but if things go well (like not losing limbs while doing yardwork today) perhaps a lil Sir John and Lady Elizabeth will set for spell with ya'll.
                        I guess I can add one since technically I didn't say no more nominations. (I'm saying it now!)

Atlantis Rising - 4
                        The Virtual Series

Atlantis Rising
                        By fans, for fans!

By Fans, For Fans

Atlantis Reprise - 1
                        By fans, for the fans
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          Okay, looks like we're voting again. Unless more than 5 people object it looks like Atlantis Rising is our new title. Now we need to refine it. I voted for the first one also. We can always add the words "by fans, for fans" in the exposition somewhere.
                          I agree, we definitely need to have the "by fans, for fans" tagline as part of our promotional/info statement. After all, that's one of the big features of this project.

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                          More of the adventures of Sir John and Lady Elizabeth? Hooray! I'll be looking forward to seeing it!
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Gah! Anyone who just tried to send me a PM, send it again; I've cleaned out my inbox.

Comment

Helloooo, Sparkies! Where is everyone? Watching the LOST finale?

I wonder what Elizabeth and John would do if they were marooned on a deserted tropical island...

Comment

Had a couple of unexpected busy days, but last night I went to a concert of Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood and it was AWESOME!!!!
                                Day before that we went to see a new born baby and it was such an insanely cute kid and I couldn't help but think that a Sparky baby would look so adorably cute too... I'm corrupted for life

I wonder what Elizabeth and John would do if they were marooned on a deserted tropical island...
                                Thank you for that plotbunny
                                And frak... don't have time to write it...

Sig by me

Comment

Working...
                                X