No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't ask me how, but SR's sublime pic inspired this (best not to wonder how my mind works)

Eri, don't look at this one Or if you do, you were warned not to

Spoiler:

Kolya: What claim do you have over this city. You don't even have any ancient in you

Weir: No, I don't. Except for a few hours a week.

Kolya: What the hell kind of operation have I stumbled in to?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
      Don't ask me how, but SR's sublime pic inspired this (best not to wonder how my mind works)

Spoiler:
      [ATTACH]25812[/ATTACH]
      Kolya: What claim do you have over this city. You don't even have any ancient in you

[ATTACH]25811[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]25813[/ATTACH]
      *diez laughing* Honestly... this made my day... every time I'm feeling down I'm gonna look at that

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Hey, SMB! We haven't had a Season 6 cast and crew activity for a while, and I just thought of a good one: The space shuttle Atlantis is scheduled to launch on it's final scheduled mission this Friday. How about a launch viewing party? Liftoff is set for 2:20pm Eastern Time (11:20am Pacific), and the launch is carried live on NASA TV and also on the NASA website, so everyone outside the US can watch it too. What do you think?
        I agree - great idea. And, in the words of my favorite Star Trek captain - "Make It So!"

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Spoiler:
        "Ah...choo!" Elizabeth blew her nose for the thousandth time and scowled at Rodney McKay.

Rodney took a step further away from her desk and said, "I just don't understand it, that's all. You were hardly anywhere near Sheppard the last few days. God knows we didn't do much work while Icky McLovin was around." He stopped to shudder and Elizabeth sneezed again.

"Give it a rest, Rodney. I must have caught John's cold when he handed me his final report on the situation. You know as well as I do that germs are most frequently passed hand to hand." She threw her crumpled tissue into a nearby trashcan and grabbed another from the box on her desk.

Rodney edged closer to the door. "If you say so, but I didn't think Sheppard had gotten around to writing his report yet. He said something last night about making up for lost time. I assumed he was talking about catching up on his sleep."

"You know what they say about the word "assume", McKay." Rodney hadn't noticed that John had slipped up quietly behind him and was blocking his exit from Elizabeth's office. Hearing the tone of John's voice, he decided it was wise to drop the subject.

McKay edged around John who was carrying a tray with a small teapot. "I'll just...um...go."

Elizabeth brightened a bit and meeting John's eyes, tried for a slightly trembly smile. "Is that for me?"

He nodded and set the tray on the corner of her desk. "Your favorite tea," he said. "After all, it's the least I can do."

Love it! Very cute. Thanks for sharing...

Spoiler:
        [ATTACH]25812[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]25811[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]25813[/ATTACH]
        Hehehe - that made me LOL. Thanks!
        sigpic
        Signature by Erin87

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

"All right, if you feel the need"

"Yes, I feel the need"

Loved that bit. Of course they were talking about marines, but whatever
          Ah, don't you just love double entendres? Done right, they can be so sublime.

Frakkity frak frak!!! Stupid time zones. Sounds like an awesome idea. And very appropriate, given the particular shuttle that's launching
          My thoughts exactly.

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
          I hate working on holidays! So depressing. I tried making it nicer by having a big fat breakfast in the student-office while the experiment incubates, but that doesn't make it better. *sigh* And I had to send my B.Sc. student home, cause she came with a stomach flu. Seriously, why do people bother to show up when they are sick? So that they can infect the rest of the department? 'Cause that's what always happens.
          Someone send me some Sparky fun to improve my day, please!
          In my experience, students tend to do that because they don't want to lose attendance points.

There is a lot of missed opportunity in that ep. The opportunity to impregnate Teyla (or at least say that was what happened some time during s4) artificially is the most obvious. I love how she yells to Rodney when he gets taken away from her, its very un-Athosian, maybe a little bit of Earth is rubbing off on her.
          Heh, that would've been the perfect opportunity to make Teyla's baby Michael's, wouldn't it? Of course, by the time that Rachel announced she was pregnant, I think they had already written the episodes leading up to it, and too much time passes in and between those episodes for it to work. That, and they already did the 'spawn of evil' storyline with Vala on SG-1, so they probably didn't want to repeat themselves. Pity. The Michael/Teyla version would've been more fun.

Weir haters would pick on that line as her being mother hen again; I don't really see it that way. I try to imagine other characters saying those types of lines - if Hammond said it to O'Neill, people would say he was being prudent (Hammond is the benchmark). It's that old chestnut, chemistry, which makes it a sparky line IMO.
          Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
          Weir haters try to see something bad in anything she does or says. I stopped caring about what they're saying a long time ago.
          Exactly. They take their bias to such extremes that they've become completely irrational.

Enjoy the holiday. ITA on people coming to work sick. In fact that is Mr. SR's pet peeve. Most germs are passed through hand to hand contact so if you just touch something the sickie has touched you can catch it.

But that would make a cute fic. Imagine having to explain how Elizabeth ended up with John's cold after Irresistible.

Spoiler:
          "Ah...choo!" Elizabeth blew her nose for the thousandth time and scowled at Rodney McKay.

Rodney took a step further away from her desk and said, "I just don't understand it, that's all. You were hardly anywhere near Sheppard the last few days. God knows we didn't do much work while Icky McLovin was around." He stopped to shudder and Elizabeth sneezed again.

"Give it a rest, Rodney. I must have caught John's cold when he handed me his final report on the situation. You know as well as I do that germs are most frequently passed hand to hand." She threw her crumpled tissue into a nearby trashcan and grabbed another from the box on her desk.

Rodney edged closer to the door. "If you say so, but I didn't think Sheppard had gotten around to writing his report yet. He said something last night about making up for lost time. I assumed he was talking about catching up on his sleep."

"You know what they say about the word "assume", McKay." Rodney hadn't noticed that John had slipped up quietly behind him and was blocking his exit from Elizabeth's office. Hearing the tone of John's voice, he decided it was wise to drop the subject.

McKay edged around John who was carrying a tray with a small teapot. "I'll just...um...go."

Elizabeth brightened a bit and meeting John's eyes, tried for a slightly trembly smile. "Is that for me?"

He nodded and set the tray on the corner of her desk. "Your favorite tea," he said. "After all, it's the least I can do."

Squee! Awww, that's adorable! Yes, John, that is the least you can do... and maybe cuddle with her at night and keep her feet warm.

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
          *hihi* Very cute. That makes me feel better, too. Now I only need beer and Bob and I'll be alright. (Although, it's before 4...)
          Just remember... it's before 4 somewhere...

Thanks to all who liked my little fic. We're keeping the Sparky World Summer going around here. And we need to see this again.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...6a21b6a0b5.jpg
          Right on! That ought to be posted every day!

Spoiler:
          [ATTACH]25812[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]25811[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]25813[/ATTACH]
          *dies laughing*

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
          I agree - great idea. And, in the words of my favorite Star Trek captain - "Make It So!"
          *salutes*
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Spoiler:
            [ATTACH]25812[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]25811[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]25813[/ATTACH]
            You still got it. *slaps knee* Poor Kolya. LOL
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Spoiler:
              [ATTACH]25812[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]25811[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]25813[/ATTACH]
              *gigglesnort* Love it!

I may not be around a whole lot for a while
              Spoiler:
              my sister and nephew are staying with us for a while - she left her hubby and needed a place to stay and I couldn't NOT offer to let them stay here. So I may be lurking but not posting much as things are kind of crazy around here.
              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                Had a little help from a friend and now it's looking pretty awesome... if I say so myself ;^)

hi-res version: http://lh6.ggpht.com/_o5ilIjkMTsc/S-...Ws/season6.jpg
                Ooo, that's really awesome!

Spoiler:
                [ATTACH]25812[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]25811[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]25813[/ATTACH]
                You know if you tell me not to I'm going to click it. And you've done way worse than that!

I will say this--though I don't write or read much smut, it doesn't mean I'm innocent. I do work in Sports TV production with a bunch of guys. I could probably shock the socks of you with some of the stuff I'm prone to say. I have to remember to keep my filter on in mixed and proper company. This afternoon we weren't too far off your little joke there with what we were talking about in our control room.
                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                  *gigglesnort* Love it!

Spoiler:
                  my sister and nephew are staying with us for a while - she left her hubby and needed a place to stay and I couldn't NOT offer to let them stay here. So I may be lurking but not posting much as things are kind of crazy around here.
                  Awww, too bad. We'll miss you. Drop in when you can. We don't want you to miss a minute of the Sparky World Summer.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                    *gigglesnort* Love it!

Spoiler:
                    *huggles* We'll miss you, drew! And don't hesitate to drop in whenever you need a dose of sanity in our happy place.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                    You know if you tell me not to I'm going to click it. And you've done way worse than that!

I will say this--though I don't write or read much smut, it doesn't mean I'm innocent. I do work in Sports TV production with a bunch of guys. I could probably shock the socks of you with some of the stuff I'm prone to say. I have to remember to keep my filter on in mixed and proper company. This afternoon we weren't too far off your little joke there with what we were talking about in our control room.
                    In that case, I dare you to write a ficlet where the boys are being boys. Okay, you don't have to, but it would be kinda fun to see how something like that would come out...
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*huggles* We'll miss you, drew! And don't hesitate to drop in whenever you need a dose of sanity in our happy place.

In that case, I dare you to write a ficlet where the boys are being boys. Okay, you don't have to, but it would be kinda fun to see how something like that would come out...
                      Ooo, I might take you up on that. Hmmm...

Drew, take care--I hope everything works out with your family and your sister will be in my prayers.

Comment

Drew, take care--I hope everything works out with your family and your sister will be in my prayers.
                        In case you missed the request yesterday for Kris's wallpapers to be added to the art on the comm. They are here. The second version is the best and color variations are here.
                        sigpic

Comment

In case you missed the request yesterday for Kris's wallpapers to be added to the art on the comm. They are here. The second version is the best and color variations are here.
                          I will add these when I have time, probably over the weekend. Thanks for the update.

Comment

Enjoy the holiday. ITA on people coming to work sick. In fact that is Mr. SR's pet peeve. Most germs are passed through hand to hand contact so if you just touch something the sickie has touched you can catch it.

But that would make a cute fic. Imagine having to explain how Elizabeth ended up with John's cold after Irresistible.

Spoiler:

Hee! Cute!

Love the different colors for the wallpaper, Kris.
                            sigpic
                            Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

It does sound like a pretty zany idea, doesn't it?

Hmm, SyFy is skipping over Submersion entirely and going straight to First Strike as their rerun today. So, do I watch it and start breaking my heart again, or do I not turn the TV on and sing Kumbaya instead? I think... I shall go work on the Atlantis-verse timeline.

Comment

It does sound like a pretty zany idea, doesn't it?

Hmm, SyFy is skipping over Submersion entirely and going straight to First Strike as their rerun today. So, do I watch it and start breaking my heart again, or do I not turn the TV on and sing Kumbaya instead? I think... I shall go work on the Atlantis-verse timeline.
                                actually it goes submersion than vengeance than first strike.

Comment

Working...
                                X