Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    *salutes* Hopefully Eri or SR will be along a little later to add those utterly sublime pics to the intro post at the Season 6 comm.
    That would have to be Eri. She's away for the weekend I think so I'll be sure she sees it.

Hey, SMB! We haven't had a Season 6 cast and crew activity for a while, and I just thought of a good one: The space shuttle Atlantis is scheduled to launch on it's final scheduled mission this Friday. How about a launch viewing party? Liftoff is set for 2:20pm Eastern Time (11:20am Pacific), and the launch is carried live on NASA TV and also on the NASA website, so everyone outside the US can watch it too. What do you think?
    Sounds good. I'll bring popcorn.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      That would have to be Eri. She's away for the weekend I think so I'll be sure she sees it.
      Excellent!

Sounds good. I'll bring popcorn.
      Yay, popcorn! I'll bring the root beer!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
        In Germany we say "Kein Bier vor vier." This means: "No beer before four o'clock." Because the German words for five and beer don't rhyme. So, go ahead between four and five.
        I'll have to pass anyway, I think I'd get fired if I started drinking at 4pm

Cheers for that, I'll pull that one out the next time we have a few beers, it'll make me look quite intelligent

That makes a lot of sense. *nods*

Ahem and there's even music for the occasion.

Stupid youtube and stupid vevo violation, whatever that is

Well, or this:
        Spoiler:
        That's gold

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
        Had a little help from a friend and now it's looking pretty awesome... if I say so myself ;^)

Spoiler:

hi-res version: http://lh6.ggpht.com/_o5ilIjkMTsc/S-...Ws/season6.jpg
        That is awesome, you're allowed to say so.

Could you move the right margin in by about, say, 12%? Kidding, I'm over that now

Today's rerun on SyFy is Vengeance, and oh lookie! Elizabeth's Sheppard danger sense is a'tingling, and she's sending a team! After engaging in some radio sex in front of the kids, of course.
        "All right, if you feel the need"

"Yes, I feel the need"

Loved that bit. Of course they were talking about marines, but whatever

Hey, SMB! We haven't had a Season 6 cast and crew activity for a while, and I just thought of a good one: The space shuttle Atlantis is scheduled to launch on it's final scheduled mission this Friday. How about a launch viewing party? Liftoff is set for 2:20pm Eastern Time (11:20am Pacific), and the launch is carried live on NASA TV and also on the NASA website, so everyone outside the US can watch it too. What do you think?

Frakkity frak frak!!! Stupid time zones. Sounds like an awesome idea. And very appropriate, given the particular shuttle that's launching
        sigpic

Comment

I hate working on holidays! So depressing. I tried making it nicer by having a big fat breakfast in the student-office while the experiment incubates, but that doesn't make it better. *sigh* And I had to send my B.Sc. student home, cause she came with a stomach flu. Seriously, why do people bother to show up when they are sick? So that they can infect the rest of the department? 'Cause that's what always happens.
          Someone send me some Sparky fun to improve my day, please!

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Oh, count me in!!! I just have to figure out at what time that is for me... I'm bringing the Oreo cookies... and popcorn

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
            "All right, if you feel the need"

"Yes, I feel the need"

Loved that bit. Of course they were talking about marines, but whatever
            That must be among my fav lines in the whole show... that and the "you're with me or I'm with you" from Submersion
            And of course the whole "John Sheppard, are you defending my honor?" bit

I hate working on holidays! So depressing. I tried making it nicer by having a big fat breakfast in the student-office while the experiment incubates, but that doesn't make it better. *sigh* And I had to send my B.Sc. student home, cause she came with a stomach flu. Seriously, why do people bother to show up when they are sick? So that they can infect the rest of the department? 'Cause that's what always happens.
            Sorry you have to work on a holiday
            It totally blows
            And I have to admit I'm one of those crazy people that go to work when sick... if I still feel good enough to work, than I see no reason to stay home... most people at my job think about it like that to be honest.
            Sparky fun? Well, this is a golden oldie of mine and should make you hopefully feel better ;^)
            Birthday Presents

Sig by me

Comment

Because we need the money!! Plus, I hardly ever get sick, and work outside anyway, so it's unlikely I'd infect anyone unless I made out with them *shudders* What is this experiment of which you speak?

Oh, count me in!!! I just have to figure out at what time that is for me... I'm bringing the Oreo cookies... and popcorn

That must be among my fav lines in the whole show... that and the "you're with me or I'm with you" from Submersion
              And of course the whole "John Sheppard, are you defending my honor?" bit
              There is a lot of missed opportunity in that ep. The opportunity to impregnate Teyla (or at least say that was what happened some time during s4) artificially is the most obvious. I love how she yells to Rodney when he gets taken away from her, its very un-Athosian, maybe a little bit of Earth is rubbing off on her.

Weir haters would pick on that line as her being mother hen again; I don't really see it that way. I try to imagine other characters saying those types of lines - if Hammond said it to O'Neill, people would say he was being prudent (Hammond is the benchmark). It's that old chestnut, chemistry, which makes it a sparky line IMO.

Sorry you have to work on a holiday
              It totally blows
              And I have to admit I'm one of those crazy people that go to work when sick... if I still feel good enough to work, than I see no reason to stay home... most people at my job think about it like that to be honest.
              Sparky fun? Well, this is a golden oldie of mine and should make you hopefully feel better ;^)
              Birthday Presents
              Hey, I remember that! Command dynamics has never liked me, but cool fic though
              sigpic

Comment

Because we need the money!! Plus, I hardly ever get sick, and work outside anyway, so it's unlikely I'd infect anyone unless I made out with them *shudders* What is this experiment of which you speak?
                She ain't getting any money
                Proliferation assay, mixed lymphocyte reaction, blah... I'm actually pretty nervous about it, because we ordered this new, really expensive alternative kit, because we weren't getting any results with the regular method, so if it doesn't work I've wasted lots of money...

@Kris: Is your fic work-safe?
                Last edited by Fionnait; 13 May 2010, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Weir haters would pick on that line as her being mother hen again; I don't really see it that way. I try to imagine other characters saying those types of lines - if Hammond said it to O'Neill, people would say he was being prudent (Hammond is the benchmark). It's that old chestnut, chemistry, which makes it a sparky line IMO.
                  Weir haters try to see something bad in anything she does or says. I stopped caring about what they're saying a long time ago.

Hey, I remember that! Command dynamics has never liked me, but cool fic though
                  Oh, how come it has never liked you?
                  It's one of my fav Sparky sites

Of course it is... I don't write non-work safe fics

Sig by me

Comment

Great, it didn't work. And I have a suspicion that my student made a major pipetting error. I love my job! /sarcasm off

At least that was it for today.

@Kris: Thanks, your fic did help

Comment

Enjoy the holiday. ITA on people coming to work sick. In fact that is Mr. SR's pet peeve. Most germs are passed through hand to hand contact so if you just touch something the sickie has touched you can catch it.

But that would make a cute fic. Imagine having to explain how Elizabeth ended up with John's cold after Irresistible.

Spoiler:
                      "Ah...choo!" Elizabeth blew her nose for the thousandth time and scowled at Rodney McKay.

Rodney took a step further away from her desk and said, "I just don't understand it, that's all. You were hardly anywhere near Sheppard the last few days. God knows we didn't do much work while Icky McLovin was around." He stopped to shudder and Elizabeth sneezed again.

"Give it a rest, Rodney. I must have caught John's cold when he handed me his final report on the situation. You know as well as I do that germs are most frequently passed hand to hand." She threw her crumpled tissue into a nearby trashcan and grabbed another from the box on her desk.

Rodney edged closer to the door. "If you say so, but I didn't think Sheppard had gotten around to writing his report yet. He said something last night about making up for lost time. I assumed he was talking about catching up on his sleep."

"You know what they say about the word "assume", McKay." Rodney hadn't noticed that John had slipped up quietly behind him and was blocking his exit from Elizabeth's office. Hearing the tone of John's voice, he decided it was wise to drop the subject.

McKay edged around John who was carrying a tray with a small teapot. "I'll just...um...go."

Elizabeth brightened a bit and meeting John's eyes, tried for a slightly trembly smile. "Is that for me?"

He nodded and set the tray on the corner of her desk. "Your favorite tea," he said. "After all, it's the least I can do."

sigpic

Comment

I'm glad

Sig by me

Comment

But that would make a cute fic. Imagine having to explain how Elizabeth ended up with John's cold after Irresistible.

Spoiler:
                          "Ah...choo!" Elizabeth blew her nose for the thousandth time and scowled at Rodney McKay.

Rodney took a step further away from her desk and said, "I just don't understand it, that's all. You were hardly anywhere near Sheppard the last few days. God knows we didn't do much work while Icky McLovin was around." He stopped to shudder and Elizabeth sneezed again.

"Give it a rest, Rodney. I must have caught John's cold when he handed me his final report on the situation. You know as well as I do that germs are most frequently passed hand to hand." She threw her crumpled tissue into a nearby trashcan and grabbed another from the box on her desk.

Rodney edged closer to the door. "If you say so, but I didn't think Sheppard had gotten around to writing his report yet. He said something last night about making up for lost time. I assumed he was talking about catching up on his sleep."

"You know what they say about the word "assume", McKay." Rodney hadn't noticed that John had slipped up quietly behind him and was blocking his exit from Elizabeth's office. Hearing the tone of John's voice, he decided it was wise to drop the subject.

McKay edged around John who was carrying a tray with a small teapot. "I'll just...um...go."

Elizabeth brightened a bit and meeting John's eyes, tried for a slightly trembly smile. "Is that for me?"

He nodded and set the tray on the corner of her desk. "Your favorite tea," he said. "After all, it's the least I can do."

Hehe, that was cute
                          Thx!!

Sig by me

Comment

Spoiler:

*hihi* Very cute. That makes me feel better, too. Now I only need beer and Bob and I'll be alright. (Although, it's before 4...)

Comment

Thanks to all who liked my little fic. We're keeping the Sparky World Summer going around here. And we need to see this again.

Spoiler:
                              sigpic

Comment

She ain't getting any money
                                Proliferation assay, mixed lymphocyte reaction, blah... I'm actually pretty nervous about it, because we ordered this new, really expensive alternative kit, because we weren't getting any results with the regular method, so if it doesn't work I've wasted lots of money...

Sounds interesting Wasted is such a strong word.....

Great, it didn't work. And I have a suspicion that my student made a major pipetting error. I love my job! /sarcasm off

At least that was it for today.

Sick and useless, what a winning combination

OT Biology class story that may make you laugh

Spoiler:
                                We did an experiment at uni (I don't recall what it was now) which involved growing stuff in petri dishes. The dishes came in two sizes. I wanted to make sure I had the right one, so I checked with the lecturer (who was also our tutor in this lab). She said

"It's not the size of the petri dish that matters"

Of course, I said the first thing that came into my head

"It's what you do with it, right?"

She went bright red, then did an impersonation of a fish for about five seconds, and followed with

"You're not supposed to say that to ME!!!"

What was I supposed to say? How often do you get set up with that line?

Weir haters try to see something bad in anything she does or says. I stopped caring about what they're saying a long time ago.
                                Oh well, each to their own I guess. My reaction to Keller was a lot like that initially (she grew on me though, much like a birthmark that seems a bit out of place but you don't want to go to the effort of getting rid of ) so I guess I shouldn't really complain about it.

Oh, how come it has never liked you?
                                It's one of my fav Sparky sites
                                Every time I try to review something it has a complete spaz and shuts down

Enjoy the holiday. ITA on people coming to work sick. In fact that is Mr. SR's pet peeve. Most germs are passed through hand to hand contact so if you just touch something the sickie has touched you can catch it.
                                Wow, we must be a really unhygienic workplace. But hardly anybody ever gets sick *shrugs*

Spoiler:

Lurve it

Now, are you absolutely sure Elizabeth didn't cough at the end of Irresistable? After reading this, it would make sense if she did

*hihi* Very cute. That makes me feel better, too. Now I only need beer and Bob and I'll be alright. (Although, it's before 4...)
                                Maybe wait a couple of hours, just to be on the safe side
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X