Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    Hey, this is Joe's request. We're honoring the wishes of one of our senior staff and it's not permanent. It's 'intelligent evolution'.
    I said before I get your point, even if I'm not happy with that and I believe I gave some constructive advice anyway.
    Inside myself, however, I feel it as wrong. That's my personal view of Shep, a man seriously in love with the only love of his whole life: Elizabeth. Can't help it, sorry Probably is my hopelessly romantic italian side being responsible for that. Forgive me.

Comment

I think that would be me (and Kitty?) I don't remember if we paired up to write the first and last eppies of the season or just the last eppy.
      Just the last one. The LJ post for Return to Pegasus doesn't have a writer listed yet. That said, I wouldn't mind pairing up with you for RtP as well!

How about

Eilis (variation of Elizabeth! *sneaky sneaky*)
      Ciel: Heaven
      Mirai: Miracle
      Miren: One who is loved
      Arine: Light
      Lirain: Flexible

Think about how John would say it--that's an important factor. It should sound good when John says it.
      Eilis would be sneaky... of course, we already have a Colonel Ellis, so maybe too much of a sound-alike. I like Arine best.

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
      Would we still be thinking some variation on the whole military theme (just better and more feminine)? Or are we wanting something completely new here?
      Good question. I'm currently thinking a less severe and more feminine, but still military, look. Perhaps a divided skirt, like this one, paired with a blouse (like in the photo on the page I've linked to... for a better look, it's this blouse) or a reworked version of the Genii uniform jackets we've previously seen?

ETA: I've also found this jumper-style dress and jacket for a more casual look; could be paired with the blouse I noted earlier.

No, no, an honest to goodness kiss-kiss. If he's been going off-world to visit her through episodes 4-5, they'll be to the point where we can show a kiss in Eppy 6. This is a 'girlfriend' girlfriend, so it needs to move pretty quickly. Peck on the cheek implies they've only been flirting and I don't know if that's strong enough to warrant his feeling seriously betrayed. I think it needs to be hovering around 'almost serious' by the time she betrays him.

Plus, it'll shock the heck out of everyone.
      Shock is good. And it'll make Joe happy.
      Last edited by Scary Kitty; 04 May 2010, 01:18 PM. Reason: found another clothing pattern for John's new girl!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Just the last one. The LJ post for Return to Pegasus doesn't have a writer listed yet. That said, I wouldn't mind pairing up with you for RtP as well!

Eilis would be sneaky... of course, we already have a Colonel Ellis, so maybe too much of a sound-alike. I like Arine best.

Good question. I'm currently thinking a less severe and more feminine, but still military, look. Perhaps a divided skirt, like this one, paired with a blouse (like in the photo on the page I've linked to... for a better look, it's this blouse) or a reworked version of the Genii uniform jackets we've previously seen?

ETA: I've also found this jumper-style dress and jacket for a more casual look; could be paired with the blouse I noted earlier.

Let's do it! We're totally the M&M for our SS6. Or the BW&RC. Should we be SK & EM?

I love the blouse and skirt combination.
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Let's do it! We're totally the M&M for our SS6. Or the BW&RC. Should we be SK & EM?
          Works for me! *cackles*

I love the blouse and skirt combination.
          Noted and logged! Blouse and divided skirt combination it is!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Another World Sparky Summer banner!

sigpic
            Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Both my first and middle names end in A.

I think that would be me (and Kitty?) I don't remember if we paired up to write the first and last eppies of the season or just the last eppy.

How about

Eilis (variation of Elizabeth! *sneaky sneaky*)
              Ciel: Heaven
              Mirai: Miracle
              Miren: One who is loved
              Arine: Light
              Lirain: Flexible

Think about how John would say it--that's an important factor. It should sound good when John says it.
              I like Arine also. Would it be pronounced Ah-ree-nee?

No, no, an honest to goodness kiss-kiss. If he's been going off-world to visit her through episodes 4-5, they'll be to the point where we can show a kiss in Eppy 6. This is a 'girlfriend' girlfriend, so it needs to move pretty quickly. Peck on the cheek implies they've only been flirting and I don't know if that's strong enough to warrant his feeling seriously betrayed. I think it needs to be hovering around 'almost serious' by the time she betrays him.

Plus, it'll shock the heck out of everyone.
              Of course a real kiss-kiss. The man is 40 years old and single. Let's not try to pretend he's a monk. It would probably be unrealistic not to imply more but we have to be PG.

Hey, this is Joe's request. We're honoring the wishes of one of our senior staff and it's not permanent. It's 'intelligent evolution'.
              There you go. We probably should ask him if he minds us putting his name in as a producer. He's certainly been a consultant already considering all the feedback he's given us. I read a con report that talked about how the boys joked about the McShep fanfic. I wonder if Joe knows that now he is officially a fanfic writer. LOL

And I like the blouse/skirt combo also. Very sporty without being too casual.

And making Joe happy is what we are all about. I will proudly tell him in Chicago that we took his advice and gave him a girlfriend.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                Another World Sparky Summer banner!

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/v...merbanner2.jpg
                Ahahaha! Oh, I love their little 'he said, she said' exchange! John's been a naughty boy again!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                I like Arine also. Would it be pronounced Ah-ree-nee?
                That's what I'm guessing.

Of course a real kiss-kiss. The man is 40 years old and single. Let's not try to pretend he's a monk. It would probably be unrealistic not to imply more but we have to be PG.
                True, dat. We've got to keep that all-important content rating in mind.

There you go. We probably should ask him if he minds us putting his name in as a producer. He's certainly been a consultant already considering all the feedback he's given us. I read a con report that talked about how the boys joked about the McShep fanfic. I wonder if Joe knows that now he is officially a fanfic writer. LOL
                *cracks up*

And I like the blouse/skirt combo also. Very sporty without being too casual.
                That's two votes!

And making Joe happy is what we are all about. I will proudly tell him in Chicago that we took his advice and gave him a girlfriend.
                Even if it is predestined to crash and burn. Heehee!

Comment

Ahahaha! Oh, I love their little 'he said, she said' exchange! John's been a naughty boy again!

That's what I'm guessing.

True, dat. We've got to keep that all-important content rating in mind.

*cracks up*

That's two votes!

Even if it is predestined to crash and burn. Heehee!
                  He doesn't need to know everything. Besides, he should be able to surmise that once Elizabeth is back all bets are off.
                  sigpic

Comment

I think people missed my question, so let me repeat it:
                    I'm working on a s6 wallpaper/banner and I'm wondering who's most important in s6. Carson or Keller, cause there's only room for one of them.
                    Thx!

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                      I said before I get your point, even if I'm not happy with that and I believe I gave some constructive advice anyway.
                      Inside myself, however, I feel it as wrong. That's my personal view of Shep, a man seriously in love with the only love of his whole life: Elizabeth. Can't help it, sorry Probably is my hopelessly romantic italian side being responsible for that. Forgive me.
                      nephty I see where you are coming from. I have a similar personal view of John as well and like you I readily admit it's the view I have for him, not necessarily the one I could or should expect anyone else to have. I'm not Italian, but I have one of those hopelessly romantic sides as well. I know it may not be realistic, but in my hopeless heart, I guess reality and practicality take a back seat to fairytale. Just wanted you to know you weren't alone on this.

All - not trying to rain on the parade, this is obviously a concept that several have thought out in great detail and has good support from the majority of the thread. Just wanted to let nephty know I sympathized with her position.

Okies - back to your regularly scheduled programming.
                      sigpic
                      Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                        I'm working on a s6 wallpaper/banner and I'm wondering who's most important in s6. Carson or Keller, cause there's only room for one of them.
                        Thx!
                        I would have to say they're probably equal. They each have a place and because we're not changing canon we're keeping Keller in her current position. And McKeller. Although it won't get a lot of attention. As far as who gets the most "screentime", that would be for Eri to answer as she's more knowledgeable about the main arc.

And for those who aren't happy with the Shep girlfriend bits. We welcome everyone's opinion. There are elements of the overall season that everyone would like changed but we have to go with majority rule. I don't think the GF is going to take over even a whole episode but it's something that will add depth and realism to the story. And we can show TPTB how it could have been done well.
                        sigpic

Comment

As long as I get to enjoy Kate back... I'm happy... Easy to please I am.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

He doesn't need to know everything. Besides, he should be able to surmise that once Elizabeth is back all bets are off.
                            *snickers*

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                            nephty I see where you are coming from. I have a similar personal view of John as well and like you I readily admit it's the view I have for him, not necessarily the one I could or should expect anyone else to have. I'm not Italian, but I have one of those hopelessly romantic sides as well. I know it may not be realistic, but in my hopeless heart, I guess reality and practicality take a back seat to fairytale. Just wanted you to know you weren't alone on this.

All - not trying to rain on the parade, this is obviously a concept that several have thought out in great detail and has good support from the majority of the thread. Just wanted to let nephty know I sympathized with her position.

Okies - back to your regularly scheduled programming.
                            Oh, I'm a hopeless romantic as well, never doubt that. But I can also see John thinking 'Elizabeth would want me to be happy.' And I think Elizabeth would want him to find some happiness for himself, to balance out all the crap that he's gone through over the years.

And for those who aren't happy with the Shep girlfriend bits. We welcome everyone's opinion. There are elements of the overall season that everyone would like changed but we have to go with majority rule. I don't think the GF is going to take over even a whole episode but it's something that will add depth and realism to the story. And we can show TPTB how it could have been done well.
                            Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              As long as I get to enjoy Kate back... I'm happy... Easy to please I am.
                              You betcha! *passes a saucer of sugar to the lemming*

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                                Thx!
                                If it's any help, for the banner header I made for the LJ comm I chose Jennifer.
                                sigpic
                                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Working...
                                X