Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
    Most of the talk was indeed about Torri and both Joe and David tried to steer away from ship questions as much as possible. Usually by joking... I think they realize what the consequences could be if they spoke positively about one single ship.
    Pity, though... no guts, no glory.

Nope, Torri really has not been forgotten. Far from.
    And of course ships aren't constantly on their minds. They just do what tptb tell them to do... no matter how stupid they think it is or how much they would like to see it differently.
    And sometimes they tweak it their own way. Woobie!face for the win.

I still can't believe he's going to let David read it too. That must mean he really likes it, right? Or am I just looking too much into things again?
    And I think that he's giving us a chance because we don't let John and Elizabeth hump like bunnies from the first ep on.
    I think it's because they really appreciate how much the fans care.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Dear Andy! Didn't you say ast night I was naughty?

I guess I corrupted you well
    Darling, you've corrupted all of us. And we wouldn't have it any other way.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
      SOOOO amazing! and fun...and I really don't have much to add to your report here...
      I will be doing my own report on LJ though...soon...probably while I'm sitting in Milwaukee....

I'm still on cloud 9 a little....
      *cracks up and huggles drew* I'd better stay away from sugar for a while, 'cause I'm still bouncing! ZOMG, the Torri!squee is epic!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

You guys are all feeding me off your bounciness. I'm so excited for you all.

I have to leave now or I'll never get work done. Keep the squee coming so I can relish it on my lunch break!!!
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
          You guys are all feeding me off your bounciness. I'm so excited for you all.

I have to leave now or I'll never get work done. Keep the squee coming so I can relish it on my lunch break!!!
          Oh, we will, never fear! But I will have to take a break and nosh on some breakfast... all this squee is making me hungry!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            *cracks up and huggles drew* I'd better stay away from sugar for a while, 'cause I'm still bouncing! ZOMG, the Torri!squee is epic!
            I forwarded the email with our pic to you

*sigh*

I have a feeling I'm going to be pretty useless for a while....
            My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
            sigpic

Comment

Nice graphic Ankareeda! I think it's you who talked about a dvd con. I want to see Joe talking in French especially those words.lol

I'm for The World Sparky Summer. I'm also for the World Sparky Century but I see things in big.lol

Forgot to say "Breathe Eri".
              sigpic
              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Ankareeda View Post
                YAY, GW is back up and running smoothly...

Here is promised picture of the autograph (click on the pic to see it bigger):

http://pics.livejournal.com/ankareeda/pic/001apeat/s320x240

Hey! *waves back* Thank you. Yeah, that would be awesome.

*lol* Yes and the way he said it was priceless. I hope it will be on the Con DVD, so we can watch it again and again. *lol*

I'm floating with you on the squee high. *high fives back*
                That is so beautiful. And look how they both admired your work.

Can't wait to read your report

Well, they did give a serious answer, just not to my question
                I'm not sure what Joe would have answered if it had just been him... such a shame his solo panel on Saturday only lasted 30 minutes

Yup, I couldn't agree more.

I love that the world can sometimes be so small

Most of the talk was indeed about Torri and both Joe and David tried to steer away from ship questions as much as possible. Usually by joking... I think they realize what the consequences could be if they spoke positively about one single ship.

Nope, Torri really has not been forgotten. Far from.
                And of course ships aren't constantly on their minds. They just do what tptb tell them to do... no matter how stupid they think it is or how much they would like to see it differently.

I still can't believe he's going to let David read it too. That must mean he really likes it, right? Or am I just looking too much into things again?
                And I think that he's giving us a chance because we don't let John and Elizabeth hump like bunnies from the first ep on.

Me too!!!! Especially even more after this weekend. Now I just have to wade through 9000+ photo's *headdesk*

Oh, we really will
                Yeah, all of them avoid ship questions on stage or make a joke. They really have to. They're not stupid. I've heard in the past that people used to badger them for an answer but I doubt that would work on Joe. And private conversations that nobody else hears can go either way. Who knows how honest they are.

I think as far as Joe is concerned, he is pretty straight forward and if he truly had thought our SS6 was lame he would not have been so enthusiastic. That said, I wonder how much he really understands about fanfic. I think he's just tickled that a group of fans cares enough to do something this well organized and elaborate. And being a writer himself, he was impressed by our professionalism and truly liked our ideas.

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                Kris, drew, SK and ankareeda - Thank you for sharing your Joe/Torri meeting squee from the weekend! Everyone's reports were truly a joy to read!

And I am in 100% support of World Sparky Summer!
                I think we have a new theme. Now we just need a banner. *hints*
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I have no talent with artwork, but I'll drop off some Sparky Summer ficlet prompties instead....

Lazy Days of Summer
                  Beach Blanket Bingo (or Poker, if you prefer)
                  Sandcastle Competition
                  Summer Camp
                  Swimming Hole
                  Flying Kites
                  School's Out For Summer
                  Summer Vacation

Have Fun!
                  sigpic
                  Signature by Erin87

Comment

I am SO HIGH from all the squee! *flails*

People we need fics. ASAP. we need them. We didn't have fics in, like, MONTHS. We need fics!!!!!! *goes to finish her own*
                    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                      I am SO HIGH from all the squee! *flails*

People we need fics. ASAP. we need them. We didn't have fics in, like, MONTHS. We need fics!!!!!! *goes to finish her own*
                      Your wish and SMB's prompt are my command. I present "Flying Kites".

Spoiler:
                      “Colonel Sheppard is doing what?”

Chuck paused at the door and looked back toward Dr. Weir who was giving him the eyebrow over the edge of her laptop.

“Flying a kite. Down on the north pier.”

Elizabeth stood up and closed her computer. “That's what I was afraid you said. I know I have wanted to tell him to go fly a kite a number of times but I didn't think he'd read my mind.”

Giving Chuck a shoulder pat in passing, Elizabeth headed for the nearest transporter.

“Give it some more string,” John was yelling as Ronon struggled with the kite that was barely clearing the ground. “Now run with it.”

Elizabeth stopped beside Teyla who was watching with Torren in her arms. The boy was reaching his tiny hands into the air as if to grab the colorful object that was now high over the ocean.

“So,” Elizabeth began as Teyla smiled a greeting, “where did the boys get the kite?”

“I do believe it came on the Daedalus. John may have mentioned something about...amazon.”

“Ah, of course.”

Hearing her voice, John approached and stopped in front of her with a grin. “Look 'Lizabeth.” He bounced on his toes and waved toward Ronon who was now in imminent danger of running off the end of the pier. “We've got a kite.”

“Yes I can see that. And it's a flying red horse.”

John put his hands on his hips and observed the kite which was now just a red blot in the sky. “Yep, it's Pegasus.”

Elizabeth gave him both eyebrows. “You know,” John waved his hands around, “for the Pegasus galaxy.”

“I did not realize Pegasus was red though.” Elizabeth shaded her eyes with her hand and peered at Ronon who had stopped and was backing up as he tugged on the kite string.

John scratched the back of his head. “Well, I couldn't find what I wanted but I remembered that oil company on earth that has Pegasus as their symbol and I found this on Amazon dot com. Isn't it cool?”

Elizabeth grinned back at him, at the sparkle in his eye and his playful moment of fun in the midst of a galaxy that any second might turn against them. “It's about the coolest thing I've seen all day. But John?”

“Yes Elizabeth.” He had not taken his eyes from hers since he noticed she wasn't going to lecture him for being childish but instead was as enchanted by the simple child's toy as Torren was.

“Ronon is about to...” Elizabeth's voice and Teyla's gasp of surprise came at the same moment and John turned his head right before the big splash.

“Hold on to the string!” John shouted as he made a mad dash toward the end of the pier and Torren clapped his hands in delight.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                        I forwarded the email with our pic to you

*sigh*

I have a feeling I'm going to be pretty useless for a while....
                        Got the pic! Squee!

Useless? Uh oh, jet lag catching up, or something? *huggles*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        Yeah, all of them avoid ship questions on stage or make a joke. They really have to. They're not stupid. I've heard in the past that people used to badger them for an answer but I doubt that would work on Joe. And private conversations that nobody else hears can go either way. Who knows how honest they are.

I think as far as Joe is concerned, he is pretty straight forward and if he truly had thought our SS6 was lame he would not have been so enthusiastic. That said, I wonder how much he really understands about fanfic. I think he's just tickled that a group of fans cares enough to do something this well organized and elaborate. And being a writer himself, he was impressed by our professionalism and truly liked our ideas.
                        I think that's it. The actors really appreciate the fans, and I think for most of them, this is their first experience with a big fan community that does conventions and all of that where they get to interact with the fans on such a personal basis. They probably get as much of a charge out of it as we do!

I think we have a new theme. Now we just need a banner. *hints*
                        And fic recs! Like SR's very own Atlantis Heat Wave. RAWR!

Comment

Spoiler:

Chuck paused at the door and looked back toward Dr. Weir who was giving him the eyebrow over the edge of her laptop.

Elizabeth stood up and closed her computer. “That's what I was afraid you said. I know I have wanted to tell him to go fly a kite a number of times but I didn't think he'd read my mind.”

Giving Chuck a shoulder pat in passing, Elizabeth headed for the nearest transporter.

“Give it some more string,” John was yelling as Ronon struggled with the kite that was barely clearing the ground. “Now run with it.”

Elizabeth stopped beside Teyla who was watching with Torren in her arms. The boy was reaching his tiny hands into the air as if to grab the colorful object that was now high over the ocean.

“So,” Elizabeth began as Teyla smiled a greeting, “where did the boys get the kite?”

“I do believe it came on the Daedalus. John may have mentioned something about...amazon.”

“Ah, of course.”

Hearing her voice, John approached and stopped in front of her with a grin. “Look 'Lizabeth.” He bounced on his toes and waved toward Ronon who was now in imminent danger of running off the end of the pier. “We've got a kite.”

John put his hands on his hips and observed the kite which was now just a red blot in the sky. “Yep, it's Pegasus.”

Elizabeth gave him both eyebrows. “You know,” John waved his hands around, “for the Pegasus galaxy.”

“I did not realize Pegasus was red though.” Elizabeth shaded her eyes with her hand and peered at Ronon who had stopped and was backing up as he tugged on the kite string.

John scratched the back of his head. “Well, I couldn't find what I wanted but I remembered that oil company on earth that has Pegasus as their symbol and I found this on Amazon dot com. Isn't it cool?”

Elizabeth grinned back at him, at the sparkle in his eye and his playful moment of fun in the midst of a galaxy that any second might turn against them. “It's about the coolest thing I've seen all day. But John?”

“Yes Elizabeth.” He had not taken his eyes from hers since he noticed she wasn't going to lecture him for being childish but instead was as enchanted by the simple child's toy as Torren was.

“Ronon is about to...” Elizabeth's voice and Teyla's gasp of surprise came at the same moment and John turned his head right before the big splash.

“Hold on to the string!” John shouted as he made a mad dash toward the end of the pier and Torren clapped his hands in delight.
                          ZOMG *spits out drink* That was hysterical. Poor Ronon!

Ah, I can see that scene in my head--perfect voicing. Thanks!

I was going to watch one more S5 eppy, but I think I might spend lunch writing an Emma piece involving the Sandcastle Competition prompt SMB left.
                          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Spoiler:

“Ah, of course.”

Ahahahah! Oh, that's adorable!
                            Spoiler:
                            Love how Torren's just in awe of the kite... and poor Ronon! But no Rodney? Oooh, he's going to be annoyed he got left out. Just watch, he'll try to make his own kite that's "better" than John's...

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                              ZOMG *spits out drink* That was hysterical. Poor Ronon!

Ah, I can see that scene in my head--perfect voicing. Thanks!

I was going to watch one more S5 eppy, but I think I might spend lunch writing an Emma piece involving the Sandcastle Competition prompt SMB left.
                              Oooh, Emma. Great. And thanks for liking the snippet and thanks to SK also. I had forgotten that fic. Heh.

Spoiler:
                              Love how Torren's just in awe of the kite... and poor Ronon! But no Rodney? Oooh, he's going to be annoyed he got left out. Just watch, he'll try to make his own kite that's "better" than John's...
                              Yeah, I was writing quickly and trying to make it short. I'm sure Rodney would want to talk about the laws of physics and spend hours designing a kite that will soar higher than the horse. LOL This was my inspiration for the kite.
                              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                                I second what SK said!!

Kite race, kite race! EEEE! That was so adorable, SR! Perfect and spot on and lovely UST and beautiful teamy moments of happiness and Elizabeth there with them *hugs the fic!
                                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Working...
                                X