Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    For starters, there's this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcABP...ayer_embedded#! from our very own Southern Red. I don't know how to do the time/link thingee, but the empty office bit is at 3m50s. I will have to find one with the chair sitting (he's not conducting a meeting, or having an interview, he just sits down in her chair with a rather lost look on her face). I've seen so many recently, now I have to re-watch
    The clip of him standing in her empty office is from Adrift. There is no scene that shows him sitting in her chair, however.

That's why he could afford (no pun intended) to be so, err, outspoken re some earlier show changes. That, and he sounds like a top bloke (who can beat a truckload of beer??)
    He is totally a class act, especially when he's calling out the bad guys.

Of course, a beer delivery for cast and crew helps, too.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Adrift, eh? I got lost in my history pages, then ended up looking through some in-memorian stuff for Don S. Davis (a man who was so much more than simply Hammond of Texas)

But back on topic

I've found proof Weir lived longer than the end of Lifeline, on GW's site. The first is from TMC's transcript, the others are from the omnipedia character bio's.

Quote:

KELLER: Part of her brain had been replaced by nanites. It was done to save her life but it made her dangerous. Whenever she linked with other Replicators, the human part of her exerted an unhealthy influence – at least, that's the way Oberoth saw it.

The key word there is whenever ie more than the one time that we actually saw

There's also this:

Quote:

This allowed Elizabeth to access the Replicators' collective consciousness and lead Sheppard's team on a daring mission to save Atlantis. Elizabeth herself confronted the Replicator leader, Oberoth, distracting him long enough for her people to escape -- though she herself had to remain behind.

When the team encountered a Replicator-made double of Elizabeth several months later, they learned the probable fate of their friend: Oberoth had her executed. The double herself was killed (along with doubles of Sheppard's team) saving them.

and this:

Quote:

Be All My Sins Remember'd - In the wake of the destruction of the Replicator homeworld, a version of Weir -- most likely a Replicator copy herself -- leads a ship full of survivors.

A replicator copy, so she had to be alive (for a period at least) in order to be copied. Why would they make copies in the first place - giant plot hole

My question - did TPTW read this?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        We decided to redecorate. Like it? LOL!
        You can redecorate all you like, as long as you're all still in the thread!

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

SK: Yes it was me who put the link

Gateraid: I can't remember a scene like this. I hope you will find it and show us.

Airports are closed everywhere in France. My friend is stuck in Egland. My godfather is stuck here and my cousin has to go in the south of France to see her mom and start school again but not plane. And the funny part: there is a "train strike" again. I love my country.lol

Little question: My mom can vote or no? She's still a fan.lol
          sigpic
          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post

Gateraid: I can't remember a scene like this. I hope you will find it and show us.

Airports are closed everywhere in France. My friend is stuck in Egland. My godfather is stuck here and my cousin has to go in the south of France to see her mom and start school again but not plane. And the funny part: there is a "train strike" again. I love my country.lol

Hmmm? Good question on your mom. I think we have to limit the voting to people who participate in the thread. She can register and post and then she can vote.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and HAPPY SPARKY DAY!!!

Adrift, eh? I got lost in my history pages, then ended up looking through some in-memorian stuff for Don S. Davis (a man who was so much more than simply Hammond of Texas)
              *salutes Don and wibbles*

But back on topic

I've found proof Weir lived longer than the end of Lifeline, on GW's site. The first is from TMC's transcript, the others are from the omnipedia character bio's.

Quote:

KELLER: Part of her brain had been replaced by nanites. It was done to save her life but it made her dangerous. Whenever she linked with other Replicators, the human part of her exerted an unhealthy influence – at least, that's the way Oberoth saw it.

The key word there is whenever ie more than the one time that we actually saw

There's also this:

Quote:

This allowed Elizabeth to access the Replicators' collective consciousness and lead Sheppard's team on a daring mission to save Atlantis. Elizabeth herself confronted the Replicator leader, Oberoth, distracting him long enough for her people to escape -- though she herself had to remain behind.

When the team encountered a Replicator-made double of Elizabeth several months later, they learned the probable fate of their friend: Oberoth had her executed. The double herself was killed (along with doubles of Sheppard's team) saving them.

and this:

Quote:

Be All My Sins Remember'd - In the wake of the destruction of the Replicator homeworld, a version of Weir -- most likely a Replicator copy herself -- leads a ship full of survivors.

A replicator copy, so she had to be alive (for a period at least) in order to be copied. Why would they make copies in the first place - giant plot hole

My question - did TPTW read this?
              This is TPTW we're talking about. They'll ignore it if it's convenient for them. Also, I was (and still am) pretty annoyed about that "probable fate" comment in the GW omnipedia. It's not "probable," only "possible." Which is a big difference. As I've said time and time again, we've never seen any independently verifiable proof she's dead. All we've got is hearsay from Replicators. I am so sick of seeing people stupidly believing those claims without anything to back it up. It's even more frustrating to see the biggest Stargate fan site out there falling for the lie.

As you've just demonstrated, however, we're not going to let them forget it. Ever.

I saw Lilo and Stitch on the Disney Channel yesterday, and there's a quote there that fits: Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind, or forgotten.

Elizabeth is ohana, damnit. You don't leave ohana behind!

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
              You can redecorate all you like, as long as you're all still in the thread!
              *cackles* No worries about that! We're not going anywhere!

Probie, could you repost that link, since gateraid must've missed it when the other thread went kaboom?

Gee, how very mercenary of the train workers.

What SR said: your mom should join the forum and post!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh yes I agree: mothers/fathers and even grandmothers/fathers are welcomed to join our Sparky thread!
                I'm not a teenager myself: I'm 50 after all

HAPPY SPARKY DAY TO EVERYBODY!!!

Comment

Probie, could you repost that link, since gateraid must've missed it when the other thread went kaboom?

Gee, how very mercenary of the train workers.

the link: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10...-atlantis_news

For the train is always like this. There is always a strike with them.

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                  Oh yes I agree: mothers/fathers and even grandmothers/fathers are welcomed to join our Sparky thread!

What SR said: your mom should join the forum and post!
                  Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Hmmm? Good question on your mom. I think we have to limit the voting to people who participate in the thread. She can register and post and then she can vote.
                  My mom won't join this thread because:
                  -she can't understand english
                  -it means more work for me because I have to be next her to translate her sentences and I already have some problems for me.lol
                  -she can't use a computer.

Just for information: her vote is "The Eye" and "Common Ground".
                  sigpic

Comment

There's that link! I said it before, and I'll say it again, Joe is such a goofball! LOL!

Comment

French girl talking.........Goofball?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post

Oh wow, I thought I was the only one here on the far side of 50. *high fives*

There's that link! I said it before, and I'll say it again, Joe is such a goofball! LOL!
                        From some of the early con reports, I hear the boys had a ball yesterday. It must have been Mr. SR's virtual sangria. LOL
                        sigpic

Comment

The new thread is up... cool. Not so cool... working 16 hours. Stupid ladle and stupid production getting the stupid steel caught under the stupid furnace. Oh, the fairy tale stories are gone, I typed them in the thread instead of copying from Word Who's got some fun sparky stuff to cheer me up.
                          "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Me me me...fun Sparky coming up.

Spoiler:

Not Sparky, but just cause it's my favorite. My homage to Con Air.

Spoiler:
                            sigpic

Comment

French girl talking.........Goofball?
                              It means that he's a silly person.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              Oh wow, I thought I was the only one here on the far side of 50. *high fives*

From some of the early con reports, I hear the boys had a ball yesterday. It must have been Mr. SR's virtual sangria. LOL
                              Heh! Guess we'll have to have the sangria on hand for all future SS6 social functions!

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                              The new thread is up... cool. Not so cool... working 16 hours. Stupid ladle and stupid production getting the stupid steel caught under the stupid furnace. Oh, the fairy tale stories are gone, I typed them in the thread instead of copying from Word Who's got some fun sparky stuff to cheer me up.
                              Bad steel factory! Bad! *shakes finger*

We're all hoping the fairy tales and the rest of the thread aren't lost forever. *crosses fingers*

And that reminds me, I have some fic recs to post!

ETA: *dies laughing at SR's latest motivator pic spam*

Comment

It means that he's a silly person.

Heh! Guess we'll have to have the sangria on hand for all future SS6 social functions!

Bad steel factory! Bad! *shakes finger*

We're all hoping the fairy tales and the rest of the thread aren't lost forever. *crosses fingers*

And that reminds me, I have some fic recs to post!

ETA: *dies laughing at SR's latest motivator pic spam*
                                Actually I'm loving this new thread. Should be celebrate hitting 100 posts? *dies laughing*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X