No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick note to say I'm still here and trying to catch up on all the posts. Some great caps, shopping stories and SS6 eppy discussions as usual. Was out at a conference all last week and now I'm trying to find my desk again. I'm sure it's around here somewhere......
    sigpic
    Signature by Erin87

Comment

*waves to SMB_BOOKS*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I like the Todd idea. I always thought he knew more than he let on and just parceled out little tidbits to torture tease John.
      My thoughts exactly. Todd has always struck me as the kind of person who hordes information for future use/blackmail/torture.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      I think we should definitely discuss Lockdown and House of Mirrors together, since they'll be the Elizabeth 'arc' and the start and end points of Elizabeth's full integration back into Atlantis life.

With Primum Movens, though, I don't think it's necessary because the action will be moving so fast her mental state won't really be an issue. Nothing as far as what to do with her will be resolved--it'll be hinted at, but for the ending scene I was thinking of actually having Elizabeth not even allowed on the balcony, and with SO's guarding her, because she's still a threat. Maybe a cliffhanger-y type ending of what to do about her by the group, with hints as to eliminating the nanites. But it might be cool to have the ending be a little darker.
      *nods* What I'm really interested in at this point is what state Elizabeth's nanites will be in at the end of Lockdown, and how we're going to get there from Primum Movens (does FRANibeth 'download' anything else into Elizabeth's nanites besides all the memories of all the duplicates?).

In short, my idea for House of Mirrors is that
      Spoiler:
      Elizabeth's breakdown is triggered by the awakening of her own memories of what happened to her following Lifeline, as well as all the memories of all of her duplicates, which were downloaded into her mind by FRANibeth during the climax of Primum Movens. (I'm thinking that Elizabeth could also possibly have part or all of the Asuran database; her knowledge of the Asuran database might come in handy if Atlantis temporarily loses their own database during the battle with our New Big Bad Guys at the end of S6 and the opening of S7)

With the duplicate memories (and possibly the database) that's a hell of a lot of information, and as we saw with O'Neill's two incidents of having the Ancient database downloaded into his mind, it's too much information for a normal human brain to handle. So the few remaining organic nanites in Elizabeth (the mechanical ones were purged in Lockdown) have been very, very slowly "rewiring" parts of Elizabeth's brain to be able to handle the information while still allowing her to function as a normal human being. There's no sinister plot behind it, it's just the nanites taking a rather creative approach to acting on their programming to keep Elizabeth healthy. The process is now complete, and for the past few episodes, Elizabeth's mind has now begun to process all this new information all at once, like opening a compressed file, and it's hitting her in random flashes that need to be sorted out.

So the conflict is three-fold: 1) the external issue of the nanites' continued activity and what, if anything, can be done about it, and the internal issues of 2) finally recalling the full memories of what happened to her and having to face the emotional fallout, as well as 3) integrating that set of memories along with those of her duplicates (and possibly the Asuran database).

As to the Todd--I've actually been struggling with not being too confusing with the Vanir. I was wondering if the story should be reworked to not include them--and then have them pop up in stuff like "The Pegasus Coalition". Would it make sense to have Todd be the one who picks up Franibeth because he, too, notices neutronium is what is being mined, and in his time on Atlantis he discovered her location, then when he figured out it was neutronium he put two and two together and knew something was up by the replicators? So he went and got her, figured out there are replicators around, found out about 'the Control' and decided to destroy it?

Only Franibeth contacts Atlantis and lets them know about it, to prevent it. Atlantis gets there first. Only when Elizabeth is awoken, it sends a message to the still-alive Oberoth (who d/led himself into that replicator from reunion) that the Control has been activated, which poses a problem. So he discovers Franibeth is alive and assimilates her to do his bidding, only it doesn't go quite as planned.

Asuras II is still the main goal of Oberoth and repopulation of the replicators. We just take the Vanir out of it.
      You're right, I've been thinking that the Vanir felt kind of tacked onto the story as well. Having Todd be the catalyst for the "Control" story feels a lot less messy. The plan you've laid out here looks perfectly logical to me. Let's go for it!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Bizarre RL story that may have happened to more people than just me.

Spoiler:
        I noticed today that one of my friends on Facebook had joined the Joe Flanigan fan group. ??? I didn't even know she watched the show. She said she was looking online for info about the movie and found that group. OMG! So I filled her in and directed her to GW. What a surprise. Now I'm afraid to ask her if she's a Sparky shipper because she's a really good friend and I'd hate to have to kill her. She has a little kid who would miss his mommy.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Love the ideas for S6. I have a couple eight hour days then back twelves until Tuesday morning. I do need to run some ideas for my eps by everybody. Dang new house and stupid work But without further ado... Lady Elizabeth and Sir John

Spoiler:
          Lady Elizabeth stood and moved to the small window in her room. The view of the great city below would have been breathtaking under normal circumstances. But the bars on the window and bolted door took away from the ambiance. She sighed waiting for her captors to return.

"Wasting your time again I see," Oberoth entered Lady Elizabeth's prison.

"So are you," Elizabeth raised a defiant brow.

"We do not waste our time lost in silly day dreams," Oberoth closed the door.

"Your time," Elizabeth emphasized.

"You are one of us now. Our elixir is part of you. We are connected," Oberoth moved closer.

"I'm nothing like you," Elizabeth prepared herself for another session of indoctrination.

Meanwhile...

"Below are the palisades of the P.O.U.S's. I can go no further," Tyndareus started his descent.

"I appreciate the ride. But why can't you fly over their lands," Sir John inquired.

"There is an uneasy truce between my master and the ruler of the P.O.U.S's. I risk a war encroaching upon their land," the dragon gently landed on the frozen ground.

"I see. Thank you my new friend," Sir John slid from Tyndareus to the ground.

"Your welcome Sir John. After you make it through this territory you must go by ship to Asuras. There is a small town on the dock where you can charter a vessel. Do you have any money?" Tyndareus asked.

"No I don't," Sir John replied.

"Then take this," Tyndareus pulled a shedding scale, "anyone will take it in trade. Think of it as a gift from our battle."

"Thank you," John reached in a small bag, "take some of these. In my land they're called cookies."

"Good luck sir John," Tyndareus took the cookies and flew away.

Sir John began his journey toward the fortification in the horizon. There would most likely be an inn of some kind where he can rest and resupply within the walls. He stifled a laugh thinking of giant penguins. Giant penguins seemed on par with life sucking bugs to Sir John.

After several hours Sir John stopped at an unfrozen creek for water. He heard some rustling and turned to see a large penguin staring back at him. He shook his to make sure the four foot tall penguin was not an illusion. The bird jumped and turned around. Thinking nothing of the encounter Sir John continued on.

Another few hours later he could see the doors to the fortified city.

"Hey there... guys," John was at a loss for words when five giant penguins appeared with bows drawn on the walls.

"Who encroaches upon our land?" one of the penguins barked.

"Sir John of Gaea. I only seek rest and provisions in your city," Sir John answered.

"There is no such place as Gaea," a penguin yelled.

"There is it's..." John brought his shield up as a volley of arrows came at him.

"I've done nothing to provoke..." Sir John was interrupted again when he got knocked to the ground.

Sir John jumped to see three giant penguins in chain mail rushing at him. He readied his shield and spear. But he was knocked over once again from behind. Sir John scrambled to his feet to see another penguin come dashing at him. The penguin jumped on its belly and came sliding at him. Sir John gave a mighty swing with his shield and sent the penguin bouncing into the city walls.

The other penguins began similar attacks on Sir John. In a matter of moments dozens of penguins had encircled him.

"Penguins Of Unusual Size. Didn't think it was possible. But there's a squad of them trying to beat the hell outta me," John vented aloud as he sent more penguins careening around.

The penguins kept sending reinforcements and Sir John could feel his shield and spear getting heavy. One final attack sent him airborne and Sir John looked up to see more than a platoon of penguins before losing consciousness.

On Asuras

"You are finally beginning to see things our way," Oberoth smiled.

"The impure will be torn asunder. Only we Asurans deserve to rule," Lady Elizabeth grinned darkly.

"What lands lie beyond the realm of Pegasus?" Oberoth asked.

"Many. Ripe with resources to build our empire," Elizabeth answered.

"And will you lead our army there?" Oberoth continued.

"The people of Gaea will tremble at the sight of our forces," Elizabeth spoke cold and hallow.

"And you will conquer them. For the Asuran Empire." Oberoth stated as final satisfaction.

"Not quite..." Elizabeth smiled as her form disappeared.

"What stratagem is this?!" Oberoth yelled.

Lady Elizabeth had escaped the tower and was moving as fast as possible for the gates of the city. The control over her new powers were minimal. But she learned enough from Oberoth's mental attacks to use the Asuran ability against him. She knew if the Asuran elixir allowed thoughts to be shared, Oberoth could easily track her.

Lady Elizabeth looked back to see uniformed Asurans fanning out from the prison tower. Finding a small boat Elizabeth sprinted on board. Unsure of how to pilot the vessel, she closed her eyes. A set of controls appeared in front of her and the boat began moving.

"Mommy that was great. What happens next," Torren eyes lit up.

"Well, tomorrow night I'll tell you about how Lady Elizabeth meets the friendly ogre Ronon and Sir John escapes the Ice Queen Chaya," Teyla smiled.
          "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
            Love the ideas for S6. I have a couple eight hour days then back twelves until Tuesday morning. I do need to run some ideas for my eps by everybody. Dang new house and stupid work But without further ado... Lady Elizabeth and Sir John

Spoiler:
            Lady Elizabeth stood and moved to the small window in her room. The view of the great city below would have been breathtaking under normal circumstances. But the bars on the window and bolted door took away from the ambiance. She sighed waiting for her captors to return.

"You are one of us now. Our elixir is part of you. We are connected," Oberoth moved closer.

"I'm nothing like you," Elizabeth prepared herself for another session of indoctrination.

Meanwhile...

"Below are the palisades of the P.O.U.S's. I can go no further," Tyndareus started his descent.

"I appreciate the ride. But why can't you fly over their lands," Sir John inquired.

"There is an uneasy truce between my master and the ruler of the P.O.U.S's. I risk a war encroaching upon their land," the dragon gently landed on the frozen ground.

"Your welcome Sir John. After you make it through this territory you must go by ship to Asuras. There is a small town on the dock where you can charter a vessel. Do you have any money?" Tyndareus asked.

"Then take this," Tyndareus pulled a shedding scale, "anyone will take it in trade. Think of it as a gift from our battle."

"Thank you," John reached in a small bag, "take some of these. In my land they're called cookies."

Sir John began his journey toward the fortification in the horizon. There would most likely be an inn of some kind where he can rest and resupply within the walls. He stifled a laugh thinking of giant penguins. Giant penguins seemed on par with life sucking bugs to Sir John.

After several hours Sir John stopped at an unfrozen creek for water. He heard some rustling and turned to see a large penguin staring back him. He shook his to make sure he was really seeing a four foot tall penguin. The bird jumped and turned around. Thinking nothing of the encounter Sir John continued on.

"Hey there... guys," John was at a loss for words when five giant penguins appeared with bows drawn on the walls.

"Sir John of Gaea. I only seek rest and provisions in your city," Sir John answered.

"There is it's..." John brought his shield up as a volley of arrows came at him.

"I've done nothing to provoke..." Sir John was interrupted again when he got knocked to the ground.

Sir John jumped to see three giant penguins in chain mail rushing at him. He readied his shield and spear. But he was knocked over once again from behind. Sir John scrambled to his feet to see another penguin come dashing at him. The penguin jumped on its belly and came sliding at him. Sir John gave a mighty swing with his shield and sent the penguin bouncing into the city walls.

The other penguins began similar attacks on Sir John. In a matter of moments dozens of penguins had encircled him.

"Penguins Of Unusual Size. Didn't think it was possible. But there's a squad of them trying to beat the hell outta me," John vented aloud as he sent more penguins careening around.

The penguins kept sending reinforcements and Sir John could feel his shield and spear getting heavy. One final attack sent him airborne and Sir John looked up to see more than a platoon of penguins before losing consciousness.

ON Asuras

"The impure will be torn asunder. Only we Asurans deserve to rule," Lady Elizabeth grinned darkly.

"The people of Gaea will tremble at the sight of our forces," Elizabeth spoke cold and hallow.

"And you will conquer them. For the Asuran Empire." Oberoth stated as final satisfaction.

Lady Elizabeth had escaped the tower and was moving as fast as possible for the gates of the city. The control over her new powers were minimal. But she learned enough from Oberoth's mental attacks to use the Asuran ability against him. She knew if the Asuran elixir allowed thoughts to be shared, Oberoth could easily track her.

Lady Elizabeth looked back to see uniformed Asurans fanning out from the prison tower. Finding a small boat Elizabeth sprinted on board. Unsure of how to pilot the vessel, she closed her eyes. A set of controls appeared in front of her and the boat began moving.

"Well, tomorrow night I'll tell you about How Lady Elizabeth meets the friendly ogre and Sir John escapes the Ice Queen," Teyla smiled.
            Awww, bedtime stories. Yays! And cookies! More yays!

I just got another message from my friend on Facebook. She's blaming the whole thing on her 5 year old son who likes Colonel Sheppard. Right.
            sigpic

Comment

SR blaming the kid now that's rough. I edited the story a bit fixing some typos and added a line here and there. But it was a tough call between cookies and pie. Cookies just seemed easier to do all sorts of valiant things in without a goopy mess.
              "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Bizarre RL story that may have happened to more people than just me.

Spoiler:
                I noticed today that one of my friends on Facebook had joined the Joe Flanigan fan group. ??? I didn't even know she watched the show. She said she was looking online for info about the movie and found that group. OMG! So I filled her in and directed her to GW. What a surprise. Now I'm afraid to ask her if she's a Sparky shipper because she's a really good friend and I'd hate to have to kill her. She has a little kid who would miss his mommy.
                LMAO! That's hysterical! Of course, if she's that good a friend, it shouldn't be too much trouble to turn her to the Sparky side...

Awww, bedtime stories. Yays! And cookies! More yays!

I just got another message from my friend on Facebook. She's blaming the whole thing on her 5 year old son who likes Colonel Sheppard. Right.
                Uh huh, suuuuure. Blame the kid. *snickers*

Spoiler:

Meanwhile...

After several hours Sir John stopped at an unfrozen creek for water. He heard some rustling and turned to see a large penguin staring back at him. He shook his to make sure the four foot tall penguin was not an illusion. The bird jumped and turned around. Thinking nothing of the encounter Sir John continued on.

On Asuras

"Well, tomorrow night I'll tell you about how Lady Elizabeth meets the friendly ogre Ronon and Sir John escapes the Ice Queen Chaya," Teyla smiled.
                Whoo hoo! Good on Lady Elizabeth for outsmarting the vile Oberoth and escaping! She's a damsel in distress who can rescue herself!

Cookies?! Awww, that's so cute! And the Penguins Of Unusual Size were perfect! Sir John is in sooo much trouble!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Don't know if any of you is reading this fic, title "Return":
                  - http://www.sheppardweir.com/fanfics/...y.php?sid=1626

In the last chapters John is captured and heavily tortured. I think it might be of inspiration for the SS6 torture episode.

Comment

Very true I think. We saw the fact that he used her first name and worried about the fact that Peterson was headed right for her and neither of them could risk having the other infected as being shippy. That it was, but this later conversation between John and Teyla may prove your point somewhat.

Spoiler:
                    TEYLA: You should not have undermined Doctor Weir's authority in front of Sergeant Bates.

SHEPPARD: Sometimes Elizabeth makes a decision early on and gets locked into it. That's a problem.

TEYLA: She is not the only one who suffers from that affliction.

(John looks at her, then rolls his eyes before activating his radio.)

SHEPPARD: Doctor Weir, this is Sheppard. Teyla and I are ready to head out. What's Peterson's location?

(In the Control Room, Elizabeth hears him but stares at a laptop and does not reply.)

SHEPPARD: Elizabeth.

(Elizabeth pauses for a moment longer, then speaks, her voice flat and emotionless.)

WEIR: He's in section E19, level three.

(John puts his hazmat helmet on and looks at Teyla.)

SHEPPARD: Let's head out.

Because he and Elizabeth are so alike, he sees getting locked into a decision as a fault of hers but doesn't recognize it in himself. That may be purely a "who's in charge" kind of thing but it could also be John's reluctance to cede authority totally to a woman. I don't see him as having a problem with women in authority so it may be that by this point he has developed such a protective attitude toward Elizabeth that he no longer thinks of her as being his boss. *shrugs* I'm not sure what his actual motivation is. Teyla certainly saw it. In the transcript earlier they had her rolling her eyes at his blustering.
                    It's hard to say - I could see them having a similar arguement if Elizabeth were a man, it's just that the arguement would play out differently. And John wouldn't get the silent treatment But I also don't think John would've gone over her head with Bates if she'd been Woolsey. That said, he probably wouldn't have done that with Carter either, so yeah, I guess he was just ensuring her safety.

What is this of which you speak? That's like saying you only need one pair of black shoes.
                    I only have one pair of black shoes However I do have running shoes, work sneakers, steel capped work boots, gumboots, tramping books....

SR blaming the kid now that's rough. I edited the story a bit fixing some typos and added a line here and there. But it was a tough call between cookies and pie. Cookies just seemed easier to do all sorts of valiant things in without a goopy mess.
                    That is rough. It's a bit like blaming the dog when you fart - nobody really buys it

Heh heh, loved the story - the ice queen?

Re what I was saying before (the first ep), I was thinking about that somewhat today. What if you altered that to Oberoth simply arriving at Earth on a replicator vessel (repliWeir survived BAMSR, and we didn't actually see him die, or on the planet at all) so he can steal Atlantis to use it as a base. He'd have been content with the ZPM's, but seizes the opportunity to take the entire city. Deadalus follows, SGA-1 infiltrate city, kill replicators, rescue everyone trapped in city (had been isolated/quarantined previously, but Oberoth kills life support so he has time to escape), Oberoth & co escape in replicator ship, never to be heard from again until neutronium starts to disappear. Atlantis is in PG, they land it on a planet of choosing. Apollo gets destroyed when Atlantis leaves Earth, maybe Deadalus severely damaged in PG, has to stay for a bit (to be repaired) before it can head home?

As for PM, I haven't read that far yet Will do so now and stop being unhelpful
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      It's hard to say - I could see them having a similar arguement if Elizabeth were a man, it's just that the arguement would play out differently. And John wouldn't get the silent treatment But I also don't think John would've gone over her head with Bates if she'd been Woolsey. That said, he probably wouldn't have done that with Carter either, so yeah, I guess he was just ensuring her safety.
                      He couldn't have done that with Carter. She outranks him. With Woolsey I can go either way. I can see Richard being a little hesitant and John jumping in to remind him it's a military situation. Bates had no choice but to obey John and I think Elizabeth knew it. I got the idea that Bates was willing to obey her until John ordered him. It was a sticky situation and if you're not a shipper it was a little more clear cut. The military vs. civilian thing was never effective to me. It kept coming up but they never did much with it. First they had John and Elizabeth stop arguing. Then they softened Caldwell or we ended up with John and whatever Colonel was there at the time double-teaming Elizabeth. I wish they had returned to the HZ conflict. I remember back in the day when the Season One Companion Book came out. Robert Cooper said something about the conflict between Sheppard and Weir not working no matter how hard they tried. At the time we shippers rejoiced and went "well duh". But in hindsight I wish they had thrown in a few more arguments like in HZ. It made the ship even more obvious IMHO.

I only have one pair of black shoes However I do have running shoes, work sneakers, steel capped work boots, gumboots, tramping books....
                      And we ladies need black boots too (both casual and dressy), and black pumps, black dressy sandals, black casual sandals, black flats, black low heel dressy shoes, black flip flops, black evening shoes, black low heel casual shoes with an open toe, er...what did I leave out. *goes to closet* All of the above can also come in suede, leather, fabric or any combination of the above. And with or without decoration on the toe. Oh, and there are also platforms/wedges in all of the above fabrics and styles.

Then you need all of the basic shoe types in navy/tan or brown and a selection of white for summer. Throw in some colors for matchy outfits and you got a shoe closet.
                      sigpic

Comment

Just got around to the crack!fic--very funny, SR & pkprd. I think I especially enjoyed Teyla's wardrobe changes and the POUSes. I'm eager for more chivarly fic.

Moving on (because there isn't much discussion on Primum Movens). We've discussed the lockdown episode quite a bit as well but we need a really good title for it. Lockdown doesn't quite fit what's happening with Elizabeth's side of things.

Drewandian is the writer of this--drew, do you have any questions/topics you want answered or addressed?
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Moving on (because there isn't much discussion on Primum Movens). We've discussed the lockdown episode quite a bit as well but we need a really good title for it. Lockdown doesn't quite fit what's happening with Elizabeth's side of things.
                          Suggestions:
                          - Dead Stop
                          - Breaking Point o Breakpoint

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Gee, all this talk about shoes has me wondering who on Atlantis is the resident shoe horse.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                            Re what I was saying before (the first ep), I was thinking about that somewhat today. What if you altered that to Oberoth simply arriving at Earth on a replicator vessel (repliWeir survived BAMSR, and we didn't actually see him die, or on the planet at all) so he can steal Atlantis to use it as a base. He'd have been content with the ZPM's, but seizes the opportunity to take the entire city. Deadalus follows, SGA-1 infiltrate city, kill replicators, rescue everyone trapped in city (had been isolated/quarantined previously, but Oberoth kills life support so he has time to escape), Oberoth & co escape in replicator ship, never to be heard from again until neutronium starts to disappear. Atlantis is in PG, they land it on a planet of choosing. Apollo gets destroyed when Atlantis leaves Earth, maybe Deadalus severely damaged in PG, has to stay for a bit (to be repaired) before it can head home?

As for PM, I haven't read that far yet Will do so now and stop being unhelpful
                            That's a possibility, but I'd only show Oberoth in his "other" identity as the Replicator from Reunion, because we want to leave the big reveal that Oberoth is the mastermind of the entire plot for Primum Movens.

Just got around to the crack!fic--very funny, SR & pkprd. I think I especially enjoyed Teyla's wardrobe changes and the POUSes. I'm eager for more chivarly fic.

Drewandian is the writer of this--drew, do you have any questions/topics you want answered or addressed?
                            Other title ideas, hmm... *racks brain*

Out of the Shell
                            Metamorphosis
                            Mindscape
                            Impenetrable
                            Outreach

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Gee, all this talk about shoes has me wondering who on Atlantis is the resident shoe horse.

That's a possibility, but I'd only show Oberoth in his "other" identity as the Replicator from Reunion, because we want to leave the big reveal that Oberoth is the mastermind of the entire plot for Primum Movens.

Out of the Shell
                              Metamorphosis
                              Mindscape
                              Impenetrable
                              Outreach
                              I like Metamorphosis. Very Kafkaesque. I'm fuzzy on the details so can't offer any alternatives. *goes to check*

Other title ideas, hmm... *racks brain*

Okay, got it. How about Full Circle?

In the notes we talked about how the others react to her, how she feels about herself, how Jeannie might be able to help her and then how they all adjust. There was mention of John talking to her like in TRW and maybe even regifting her with the mint jar. All this to bring her back to her original state with maybe a few nanites still hanging around.

We may need to vote again. Other suggestions? *makes a stickie*
                              Last edited by Southern Red; 13 April 2010, 07:52 AM. Reason: More ideas.
                              sigpic

Comment

So, we got a mention in a random sci-fi article:

http://www.airlockalpha.com/node/7311

It's about 'true love' in sci-fi, this being the pertinent part to Sparky:

Spoiler:

Next, crossing over from television to film and back again...,

Another mixed bag was the film-turned television series “Stargate SG-1.” While at the conclusion of “SG-1” Daniel Jackson and Vala Doron got to grow old together, there was no such blissful resolution for Sam Carter and Jack O’Neill (which may have been largely due to the fact that Richard Dean Anderson retired from the series and allowed newcomer Ben Browder to helm the show). But eternally star-crossed were Elizabeth Weir and John Sheppard on “Stargate: Atlantis” (which may have also been due to the fact that Torri Higginson left the series early as well).
                                I have to be amused because 1) I don't know how much of the 'left the series' part she really knows and 2) of course, we're not an official 'ship' by the show! But it just goes to our point that casual viewers picked up on it!
                                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Working...
                                X