Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    And thanks for reading.

Now this is interesting. From JM's blog.

Shiny writes: “So how is it writing for steamy SGU after writing for such a chaste SGA…”

Answer: SGA wasn’t exactly chaste. There was the McKay/Keller relationship, Ronon’s interest in Jennifer before the early developments on the Amelia Banks front, Teyla settling down with her baby daddy, Woolsey and that Aussie who turned out to be an alien and, of course, Sheppard trying to nail every female alien he could get his mitts on.

Shiny also writes: “SGA was all about repressing and heavy silences while SGU screams and slides down walls before leaping into the nearest bed..”

Answer: I don’t know if I agree. No, strike that. I DO know. I DON’T agree. SGA didn’t have all that much repressing – although fans of specific ship pairings would argue otherwise.

Shiny also writes: “Also, if SGA could have been like SGU how would the lovelines have been drawn – which hookups were the writers rooting for? (Teyla and Michael? Rodney and Elizabeth? Shep with Clone Elizabeth? Teyla and Ronin? Zelenka and Sam?”

Answer: Depends on which writers you’re referring to. Marty G. and I toyed with the idea of making McKay a father when he was Katie Brown (an idea my writing partner Paul did not appreciate) and it’s no secret that the possibility of a Sheppard/Teyla hook-up loomed large. But both of these potential storylines were reconsidered when we chose to embrace the Teyla pregnancy arc.

I had to LOL at this. Once again what they did was so loud it drowned out what they thought they were doing. So once again I thank him and all the other writers for making the right decision. Way to go, JM. But I didn't see Sheppard trying to nail anybody. At least their ignorance of their own show is consistent.
    He always leaves out Carl, too. *LOL*

Um, of the how many? 100? episodes of SGA, I can count on one hand all the episodes in which "Sheppard nailed a female alien he could get his mitts on": Sanctuary, Epiphany & Travelers (if you take that little innuendo at the beginning--not the Larrin stuff.) Am I missing any?

Ones in which he played the flirt include those listed above plus: The Tower (which honestly doesn't count because we're told that he rejected her advances), BAMSR with Larrin, Inferno, and the one or two moments where he smiles/flirts with girls on the expedition or mentions their hotness. (Tao of McKay, for example). And truthfully Joe always played John with such 'honor' that it wasn't 'nailing' in the sense that Malozzi's trying to argue. John was honestly attracted to Chaya and Teer took months before he entertained the thought--at HER insistence, not his.

So, yeah, sometimes I just have to go HUHWHA? with their arguments. Good thing they were writers and not lawyers.
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

Um, of the how many? 100? episodes of SGA, I can count on one hand all the episodes in which "Sheppard nailed a female alien he could get his mitts on": Sanctuary, Epiphany & Travelers (if you take that little innuendo at the beginning--not the Larrin stuff.) Am I missing any?

Ones in which he played the flirt include those listed above plus: The Tower (which honestly doesn't count because we're told that he rejected her advances), BAMSR with Larrin, Inferno, and the one or two moments where he smiles/flirts with girls on the expedition or mentions their hotness. (Tao of McKay, for example). And truthfully Joe always played John with such 'honor' that it wasn't 'nailing' in the sense that Malozzi's trying to argue. John was honestly attracted to Chaya and Teer took months before he entertained the thought--at HER insistence, not his.

So, yeah, sometimes I just have to go HUHWHA? with their arguments. Good thing they were writers and not lawyers.
      Yes, completely agreed. Joe always, always played John with so much honor.

It's a sad thing they're writers too, because they've done really poor job in some aspects - not all, but the stuff that failed, had failed hard.
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Amen. I saw women going after John in a lot of cases. I never saw him trying to "nail" anyone. What's wrong as with Chaya with a single guy romancing a woman he's attracted to. I think someone may have a little personal prejudice there. Hmm?

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        Yes, completely agreed. Joe always, always played John with so much honor.

It's a sad thing they're writers too, because they've done really poor job in some aspects - not all, but the stuff that failed, had failed hard.
        Yes, he did. They continue to prove how clueless about their own show they are. But at least things have to stay in canon that ended up canon. If that makes sense.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

It's fascinating to see that JM is still ..... let me think about a nice word .... that JM (and not just him) is completely ignorant when he speaks of his own work. I did it during the first month at work but now I know it but him after 5 years.....Well I'm impressed. I'm impressed by TPTB in general when we talk about it.
          The problem with SGA is the fact there are many writers with different ideas and just one or two of them can write a story about relationship. Relationship and strong female....I'm not sure if TPTB know those words.
          I would prefer Rodney/Katie. It was realistic for once. And for Teyla, a part in me wanted to see her out of the show (sorry FH) because she wasn't use and I felt tired to see Rachel doing nothing. Another part in me, wanted to see something very interesting about her. Her pregnancy was useless. We saw nothing about it. You already knew I'm not a fan of this character. (sorry again FH).
          I would love to see Rodney and Katie. It's realistic for once. But well, this show is over. We can't change anything except in our minds (or books or comic books but who cares).
          I start to be a little upset by this franchise. Not because of you of course but because TPTB screwed everything and this has an impact on fans. There are many "clans" now and I hate it.
          I missed the old good time when fans were a family. When you can give your idea and not be "attacked" (well this was for another thread) by someone. When TPTB have great ideas. This franchise leaves a bitter taste
          Yes it's official, I love Sparky and I will always love SGA but I begin to lose interest in this franchise.
          Last edited by Probie; 31 March 2010, 09:22 AM.
          sigpic
          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Yeah, I've been through stages like that. And why I'm still around is because of the other people here in this thread.

Sometimes the people who make a show see things completely differently than the viewers. But it's not just now that there are clans. The early days were much much worse, trust me. It's just that some "clans" today think they are the only one who is allowed to have an opinion. Just laugh at their ignorance and move on.
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I've been through stages like that. And why I'm still around is because of the other people here in this thread.

Sometimes the people who make a show see things completely differently than the viewers. But it's not just now that there are clans. The early days were much much worse, trust me. It's just that some "clans" today think they are the only one who is allowed to have an opinion. Just laugh at their ignorance and move on.
              Much worse...so I'm happy to be "new".lol
              The "stupid" thing is we are talking about a show. It's not the real life and some people just want to hurt another fan for pleasure. Or when you have a different idea, you can read "You're not a real fan, get out".
              It's impossible to have a real conversation with "opposite side". It's just a show. Of course, we can be passionate but with respect for the others.

Wow I don't know why I'm so serious tonight and I don't know why I'm talking about it.lol
              Maybe an old psychological trauma that i lived in another thread.lol
              sigpic

Comment

((hugs)) We've all had those believe me. I wish I could stay away from the danger zones but there's something in my nature that just makes me go poke the bear. *glares at Anuna* Especially since the bear does not think logically.

But you're right, how some people can get so worked up about a TV show is truly puzzling. We have a lot of fun here and spend probably way too much time on it, but none of us thinks Sparky matters as an important subject in the world. We don't need constant confirmation that OMG! someone one day thought about making it official and OMG! I can live my life now because I know Sparky was meant to be. Sheesh! Get a life why don't you?

Anyway, Sparky fun. Let's keep it up.
                sigpic

Comment

((hugs)) We've all had those believe me. I wish I could stay away from the danger zones but there's something in my nature that just makes me go poke the bear. *glares at Anuna* Especially since the bear does not think logically.

But you're right, how some people can get so worked up about a TV show is truly puzzling. We have a lot of fun here and spend probably way too much time on it, but none of us thinks Sparky matters as an important subject in the world. We don't need constant confirmation that OMG! someone one day thought about making it official and OMG! I can live my life now because I know Sparky was meant to be. Sheesh! Get a life why don't you?
                  Anyway, Sparky fun. Let's keep it up.
                  LOL

My post was not only focus about Sparky and others ship. Each topic about SG is a conflict now.
                  But don't worry. I'm not sad about it. If I start to lose interest about this show,it is not a problem. I can live with this feeling.lol
                  And I love to spend time here because it's fun.
                  sigpic

Comment

Time to record the show "paxoes proibidas" for my parents. If I forget it, my mom will kill me. It's funny after SR said "how some people can get so worked up about a TV show is truly puzzling". Maybe I can ask it to my mom when she will be back.lol
                    sigpic

Comment

I will be there on Friday, but I don't know what to bring. Um, how about sweet iced tea and some Cascarones? They're hollowed out eggs filled with confetti inside that you run around smashing on other people's heads. It's a lot of fun (though it can get violent sometimes... @______@).
                      Those sound GREAT! And btw, Jason M just wandered by in the hall and he wants to visit with you about the "confetti" used to fill the eggs. I think he has something nefarious planned, but I'm not sure - he just grinned at me (evilly, I might add) when I asked him about it.

And, ta da! It's cherry blossom season here, which apparently has spawned a bunny.

Blossoms
                      I posted my comment on your LJ, but wanted to share it here too - wonderful story - thank you!
                      Spoiler:

Ok, that brought tears to my eyes. Beautiful vignette. My hubby, kiddo and I were one of those "American Midwest" families in DC the first full week of March. I had to go for a work conference and hubby and kiddo tagged along. We did a lot of walking, a lot of gawking and a lot of photo taking. The last time I had been there as a tourist was 1988, the summer before I started college. Alas, we were too early for cherry blossoms, but I long to see them in their full glory one day. It was a glorious trip and your story took me right back there - thank you!
                      sigpic
                      Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                        LOL

My post was not only focus about Sparky and others ship. Each topic about SG is a conflict now.
                        But don't worry. I'm not sad about it. If I start to lose interest about this show,it is not a problem. I can live with this feeling.lol
                        And I love to spend time here because it's fun.
                        We used to see this happen in between seasons. People tended to get really cranky with each other. Now we all have nothing to look forward to so we're cranky all the time. I just wonder how much longer most of us will hang on. But then I look at Firefly forums and Star Trek forums, etc. I guess there will always be something to rehash. But the one thing we can't do is change canon. What has been on screen or not been on screen is forever the same. That's why Sparky is going to last I think. It was never promised to us and therefore we didn't get bitter when it was snatched away. Sparky is clear to anyone who opens their eyes and we don't have to explain how we see something no one else does.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                          Those sound GREAT! And btw, Jason M just wandered by in the hall and he wants to visit with you about the "confetti" used to fill the eggs. I think he has something nefarious planned, but I'm not sure - he just grinned at me (evilly, I might add) when I asked him about it.

I posted my comment on your LJ, but wanted to share it here too - wonderful story - thank you!
                          Spoiler:

Ok, that brought tears to my eyes. Beautiful vignette. My hubby, kiddo and I were one of those "American Midwest" families in DC the first full week of March. I had to go for a work conference and hubby and kiddo tagged along. We did a lot of walking, a lot of gawking and a lot of photo taking. The last time I had been there as a tourist was 1988, the summer before I started college. Alas, we were too early for cherry blossoms, but I long to see them in their full glory one day. It was a glorious trip and your story took me right back there - thank you!
                          Tell him if you see him he can find me in the writers' room (that's good because I need to get his input on Ronon's empath episode anyway and how far he's willing to go with some of the emotions, so I can pass that along).

And given his curiosity, I want to sign a liability disclaimer about what people choose to do with the Cascarones. I'm only providing the eggs with the paper confetti and I take no responsibility on where/when/how/on whom people choose to break them.
                          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post

Spoiler:

Aww, thank you. Why didn't you tell me you were coming to town? I would have sought you out.
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh Probie. *hugs and pats* Most of us went through that. Some of us even got tehir share of trauma on this very thread. *raises hand* Twice or three times? I don't recall any more. In every fandom there are people who love the drama, who seem to think that their opinion is better, and some even think their opinion equals the facts. It's very similar among fanfiction writers who often think their way of seeing things is the only right way. I guess it's a constant of human nature, we cherish our opinions and think very highly of them and are extremely upset when someone dares questioning them. On internet it's very easy to get away with insulting and not truly listening to each other.

This thread is precious - there maybe aren't many people on it, but we are a good bunch. If you don't poke us in the wrong spot, we won't bite. We're pretty smart (yes we are) and also pretty tollerant (if we weren't we wouldn't put up with certain John hater who used to frequent this thread as long as we did, and actually listened to his opinions too!). If there wasn't for this thread I'd leave GW forum long long time ago. I may be biased, but I'm really proud of us, because we are STILL here, even after we were called dead wood, even after the crapfest of S4 and S5 and so many people telling us that our opinion doesn't matter.

Guess what? We're still here. And yes, we and our opinions do matter.
                              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

And, ta da! It's cherry blossom season here, which apparently has spawned a bunny.

Blossoms
                                Oh that's sweet! And wonderful pictures!

And thanks for reading.

Now this is interesting. From JM's blog.

... and, of course, Sheppard trying to nail every female alien he could get his mitts on.
                                Now that really makes me angry!

Answer: ... and it’s no secret that the possibility of a Sheppard/Teyla hook-up loomed large.
                                And that hook-up, if it happened, would have come out of nowhere because there was no evidence on screen that they had more than friendship, IMHO. While John & Elizabeth were there all the time. Did I watch a different show?

I had to LOL at this. Once again what they did was so loud it drowned out what they thought they were doing. So once again I thank him and all the other writers for making the right decision. Way to go, JM. But I didn't see Sheppard trying to nail anybody. At least their ignorance of their own show is consistent.
                                It's fascinating to see that JM is still ..... let me think about a nice word .... that JM (and not just him) is completely ignorant when he speaks of his own work.
                                Ignorance is the right word, I agree.

Yes it's official, I love Sparky and I will always love SGA but I begin to lose interest in this franchise.
                                I can understand how you feel ... those are the same reasons why, with time, I lost interest in Star Trek and Archer/T'Pol shipping.

The "stupid" thing is we are talking about a show. It's not the real life and some people just want to hurt another fan for pleasure. Or when you have a different idea, you can read "You're not a real fan, get out".
                                It's impossible to have a real conversation with "opposite side". It's just a show. Of course, we can be passionate but with respect for the others.
                                That's the reason why I stay in this thread and I do not venture out of it.
                                I had enough of shipping wars during Star Trek Enterprise on Trekbbs, nobody couldn't even mention Archer / T'Pol without being attacked. Archer was strongly hated and Trip overestimated, and I couldn't understand all that hate for something which was supposed to be just an entertainment show. In the end I lost patience and I was banned permanently.
                                Now I prefer to stay safe talking with nice people who share my preferred 'ship

Comment

Working...
                                X