No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: When you will start to write it and post it? It's not an order of course.lol
    I'm just lost again.
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
      Question: When you will start to write it and post it? It's not an order of course.lol
      I'm just lost again.
      We've got to finish planning out all the episodes first.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        We've got to finish planning out all the episodes first.
        Thank you
        sigpic
        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday! *runs around, randomly tossing confetti*

gateraid, you've still got the touch! My tummy hurts after all that laughing!

*huggles Eri and sends some ginger tea*

So, "The Pegasus Coalition!"

I agree, they should have no warning that it's coming. Plus, I've been wondering how they'd even be able to tell whether or not all of the Replicators unbonded and which one(s) might be missing, since all Atlantis is going to find is a cloud of inert nanites around the space gate.

Something else to consider: After Woolsey managed to derail the Genii's pulling the strings of the Coalition, the Genii may be looking at getting their hands on the retrovirus as a way to regain some control over the Coalition and undercut Atlantis. But to what end? What are the Genii after? Is all this going on with Ladon Radim's approval, or is it a splinter faction (maybe that's where Sora could come in)?

*nods* I can definitely see someone making a comment about that.

That, too.
          Thanks--for the ginger tea especially.

I still haven't seen all of S5, so I don't know particulars. I really need to see Inquisition to know everything, but I think it'd be neat to re-establish the Genii as a two-faced ally. Remember Elizabeth's words at the end of "Coup d'etat": 'Generally the new government tends to be as bad as the old one'?

I'd like to gather all the weird Genii stuff they threw at people (like Harmony, for example--what were they up to there?) and blend it back to Ladon's attempting some kind of Genii dominance of Pegasus in defiance of Atlantis. Not attempting to 'take over the world', but just to become a powerhouse. To do that they need to be covert in one sense and yet put on a good game face to play nice in the Sandbox. But because Atlantis is always splitting their time between Pegasus and Earth, the Genii want to be the race people turn to in Pegasus, something like that. To get there they have to be a little ruthless as well as a little nice.

It'd be neat to bring back Ladon as a more hardened character who is ambiguous in his nature. Like he felt in Common Ground. You just didn't know if he could be trusted.

Is it possible to work something like that off of what was presented in S5?
          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

I still haven't seen all of S5, so I don't know particulars. I really need to see Inquisition to know everything, but I think it'd be neat to re-establish the Genii as a two-faced ally. Remember Elizabeth's words at the end of "Coup d'etat": 'Generally the new government tends to be as bad as the old one'?

I'd like to gather all the weird Genii stuff they threw at people (like Harmony, for example--what were they up to there?) and blend it back to Ladon's attempting some kind of Genii dominance of Pegasus in defiance of Atlantis. Not attempting to 'take over the world', but just to become a powerhouse. To do that they need to be covert in one sense and yet put on a good game face to play nice in the Sandbox. But because Atlantis is always splitting their time between Pegasus and Earth, the Genii want to be the race people turn to in Pegasus, something like that. To get there they have to be a little ruthless as well as a little nice.

It'd be neat to bring back Ladon as a more hardened character who is ambiguous in his nature. Like he felt in Common Ground. You just didn't know if he could be trusted.

I think it's very possible. After Kolya's plot in Common Ground failed, I can see Ladon cracking down on opponents and double agents in his own ranks in order to solidify his power base. Ladon dealing with matters back on the Genii homeworld could certainly explain why we didn't see much of the Genii in Seasons 4 and 5 except for the hints about their covert operations in Harmony and Inquisition.

The Genii looking to claim a position of power throughout Pegasus definitely fits in with the bits we got of their history back in Underground, about how they once ruled a 'great confederation of planets' that was nearly wiped out by the Wraith. So now they're out to reclaim their former glory, by any means necessary. I like it. I want to see the sneaky Genii back too.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
              Every day I like you a little bit more
              Yay me!

*cough* where is this fic of which you speak?
              Well, that's a damn good question? .... To which I have no answer. I know it's supposed to be around LJ somewhere, but I need to upload it to a new archive anyway. However, it was written for the Little Bang challenge (femmeslash) (Kate/Teyla pre-relationship going into one sorta thingy).

If you still want to read it knowing that - I'll leave you a link once I upload it again.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Falcon, we always like you!

*slides over a saucer of sugar for the lemming*

Comment

Hola mi amigos y amigas! The real world has been kickin the crap out of me. Buying stuff for my new house (or next week it will be), working more to keep money in my account, etc. On the bright side I can almost play "Peggy Sue" on my guitar, but still got alot of work on the solo. (It's bad when I have to count out loud.) But I've missed y'all and sparky so much. So here's a little sparky treat, with a soundtrack.

Spoiler:
                  John Sheppard stood from the small table he set-up on the balcony overlooking Atlantis. He walked over to the railing and looked down at his watch. John started pacing thinking he had been stood up. She was late and her food was getting cold.

Elizabeth Weir rushed up a set of stairs mentally cursing herself. The one day she decides to take a nap since coming to Atlantis and she oversleeps a meeting. Elizabeth felt pretty embarrassed being late to her own birthday supper. She hoped her date was not too upset.

“Hi John. Sorry, I’m late,” Elizabeth offered.

“It’s alright,” John pulled out her chair.

“Thanks,” Elizabeth took her seat.

“Remember the first time we ever stood out here?” John asked as he poured some water.

“Yes, the view was breathtaking. It still is,” Elizabeth took a deep breath letting the night air fill her senses.

“We’ve had some close calls since then,” John took a sip of water.

“Yes, but nothing too out of the ordinary,” Elizabeth replied.

“Life sucking aliens, blowing up over half a solar system, and robots with a ‘why doesn’t mommy love me’ complex are somehow ordinary?” John smirked.

“Good point,” Elizabeth chuckled at how “ordinary” has a whole new definition.

“So what’s on the menu for this evening?” Elizabeth asked.

“That’s a surprise. For wine we have nice burgundy,” John offered with a small grin.

“Thank you. I can’t believe you went to all this trouble,” Elizabeth looked over the balcony appreciatively.

“It wasn’t that much trouble. Though General O’Neill did want to know why I needed a set of real plates,” John said with mock confusion.

“I love the decor. Very low key. I think you missed your calling,” Elizabeth smiled as she took a sip of her wine.

“You oughta see what I can do with a few gallons of paint and some drapes,” John joked.

“This wine is excellent. Where did you get this?” Elizabeth complimented.

“Dr. Sobrier gave it to me. I guess his folks work on some winery in Burgundy,” John answered as he wheeled over the serving cart.

“It smells delicious,” Elizabeth interest grew with the scent of supper.

“Oh, you’re gonna love it. It’s your all time favorite,” John took on a triumphant air as he removed the lids.

“Pot Roast! With red potatoes!” Elizabeth nearly jumped form her seat.

“Your mom said it was your favorite growing up,” John set Elizabeth’s plate on the table.

“When did you talk to my mom?” Elizabeth asked while she fought the urge to dig in before John sat down.

“The last few data bursts to Earth. But ‘mom’ recipes are hard to follow. ‘Some’ of this, ‘a sprinkle of that” and my favorite, ‘keep going ‘til it tastes good,” John retook his chair.

“John, this really is great,” Elizabeth spoke with sincerity in her voice.

“Thanks. I’m glad you like it. Oh I almost forgot,” John ran back and grabbed a large angel food cake.

“A cake too. I’m impressed,” Elizabeth leaned back and tilted her brow.

“I didn’t know if...” John got cut short.

“I know you weren’t going to mention how many candles to put on it,” Elizabeth gave John a playful glare.

“I was gonna ask if you wanted birthday spankings,” John replied in feigned ignorance.

“Maybe later. Let’s just enjoy the food,” Elizabeth smiled.

“So how is it?” John asked after a few moments of quiet eating.

“It’s fantastic. Almost as good as mom’s,” Elizabeth replied.

“Almost huh?” John put on some fake hurt.

“John, nobody makes anything better than mom,” Elizabeth stated very matter-of-factly.

“True. I always wondered why that was?” John pondered out loud.

“Mom makes everything with love,” Elizabeth offered.

“Are you saying I didn’t make it with love,” John crossed his arms.

“What? No of course not. It’s made with a different kind of love,” Elizabeth back peddled.

“So my love isn’t good enough,” John continued teasing.

“No it is... wait you love me?” Elizabeth took the chance to turn the tables on John.

“Ah, well you know...” John felt like he was a kid caught with both hands in the cookie jar.

“Well, do you love me?” Elizabeth leaned forward placed her chin on her hand.

“I, maybe... in you know; a umm,” John started looking down at his feet.

“I’m waiting,” Elizabeth twirled some hair with her finger as she watched John squirm.

“I... yeah I do love you. In a...”John was interrupted again.

“I knew it,” Elizabeth smiled, “I love you too,” she winked letting John know he was off the hook for playing into her teasing.

“How about some music?” John smiled showing he appreciated the fun.

“Sounds good,” Elizabeth finished her wine.

“May I have this dance,” John offer his hand.

“Of course,” Elizabeth titled her head and smiled back.

To spend one night with you
                  In our old rendezvous

For the fans of the old school crooners: Frankie Laine

Or if you're a doo-woper: The Channels

Or a laid back rock ballad: Buddy Holly
                  "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

*LOL* gateraid I love your caps! Thanks for the mega belly laughs! I love the Ronon one.

And you may not remember, but I based my eyesex fic off of caps you did with Landry doing just that. It's a cycle.
                    I remember - I think I did a series of Landry eyesex caps starting with that one. You managed to turn it into a brilliant fic though, it put my caps to shame. I'm doing classic gateraid at the moment, as I've recently transferred all my old caps onto my new computer. Hopefully.

<snip>
                    I agree, they should have no warning that it's coming. Plus, I've been wondering how they'd even be able to tell whether or not all of the Replicators unbonded and which one(s) might be missing, since all Atlantis is going to find is a cloud of inert nanites around the space gate.
                    I'm no scientist, but my guess would be that they wouldn't have been there anyway. Given that the gate has thrusters so it can maintain its position in space and (presumably) orbit over the planet, I would assume the replicators would continue moving once they stepped through the gate, and over time get caught in the gravity of the planet. Otherwise they pretty much would've stopped as they exited the gate, and would either get kawooshed they next time it was activated, or mown down by the next vehicle to go through the gate (puddlejumper/dart/unknown PG alien craft)

Something else to consider: After Woolsey managed to derail the Genii's pulling the strings of the Coalition, the Genii may be looking at getting their hands on the retrovirus as a way to regain some control over the Coalition and undercut Atlantis. But to what end? What are the Genii after? Is all this going on with Ladon Radim's approval, or is it a splinter faction (maybe that's where Sora could come in)?
                    Or Kolya - he's not dead, he's just resting. Kidding. You raise a good point - Ladon liked Weir & Atlantis initially because he had something to gain by being their ally, Woolsey nixed that.

I've only had a brief look through s5, but I would assume so. As i said above, he had something to gain by being their ally earlier on, he has more to gain by having the coalition in his pocket now.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Yay me!

Well, that's a damn good question? .... To which I have no answer. I know it's supposed to be around LJ somewhere, but I need to upload it to a new archive anyway. However, it was written for the Little Bang challenge (femmeslash) (Kate/Teyla pre-relationship going into one sorta thingy).

If you still want to read it knowing that - I'll leave you a link once I upload it again.
                    Of course I'll read it
                    sigpic

Comment

pk! Good to hear from you, and that you're doing all right, buddy! We've missed you!

That's a lovely little story! Ahhh, a quiet, romantic dinner on the balcony. And way to go for John to cook for his lady! What a sweetheart!

Gotta say, that "robots with a ‘why doesn’t mommy love me’ complex" line had me rolling on the floor!

I'm no scientist, but my guess would be that they wouldn't have been there anyway. Given that the gate has thrusters so it can maintain its position in space and (presumably) orbit over the planet, I would assume the replicators would continue moving once they stepped through the gate, and over time get caught in the gravity of the planet. Otherwise they pretty much would've stopped as they exited the gate, and would either get kawooshed they next time it was activated, or mown down by the next vehicle to go through the gate (puddlejumper/dart/unknown PG alien craft)
                      Yeah, that could've happened too, but I think we're going to be operating this story on the assumption that their momentum coming out of the gate carried them far enough out of range of a kawoosh and any exiting traffic before the planet's gravity would've slowed them down. Still, we might want to have someone in the room when the footage from the MALP/jumper/whatever they send through suggest the possibility of a kawoosh taking the Replicators out... Gee, is Kavanaugh back in Atlantis again or are we going to assume he got shipped to Siberia?

Or Kolya - he's not dead, he's just resting. Kidding. You raise a good point - Ladon liked Weir & Atlantis initially because he had something to gain by being their ally, Woolsey nixed that.
                      Gah! That would just be too wacky... wouldn't it?

Comment

pk! Good to hear from you, and that you're doing all right, buddy! We've missed you!

That's a lovely little story! Ahhh, a quiet, romantic dinner on the balcony. And way to go for John to cook for his lady! What a sweetheart!

Gotta say, that "robots with a ‘why doesn’t mommy love me’ complex" line had me rolling on the floor!
                        Me as well. It's pretty accurate too

Yeah, that could've happened too, but I think we're going to be operating this story on the assumption that their momentum coming out of the gate carried them far enough out of range of a kawoosh and any exiting traffic before the planet's gravity would've slowed them down. Still, we might want to have someone in the room when the footage from the MALP/jumper/whatever they send through suggest the possibility of a kawoosh taking the Replicators out... Gee, is Kavanaugh back in Atlantis again or are we going to assume he got shipped to Siberia?
                        Someone should say it, just as an explanation as to why they aren't there (that they've been caught in the gravity of the planet - oh no, for the umpteenth time our inaction has caused Elizabeth/her copy to die), but obviously that's a red herring & the real reason is <insert here>

Also, maybe Kav gets cornered by Elizabeth at some stage, he thinks she is going to kill him for all the shtick he's given her in the past, faints again. Too much?

Gah! That would just be too wacky... wouldn't it?

Weeeeeeeellllllllllllllllll, Irresponsible wouldn't have happened? But yeah, too wacky by far
                        sigpic

Comment

I've used up my daily cap allowance, so two will have to do. Unless I get promoted to General

Spoiler:

I missed an obvious addendum to one I posted yesterday

Spoiler:

Wraith Queen: I'm telling you the retrovirus doesn't work, Doctor. Sure, Michael's got the spikey hair, but he simply refuses to sit on my desk. I've tried everything - I even tried to match your freckles, but it backfired & I accidentally dyed my entire face orange
                          Weir: It's barely noticeable. Orange isn't ........ too different from green.

Spoiler:

Simon: Oh my god Elizabeth, your hair is so, like, amazing. Would you be offended if I tried to copy your hairstyle for your next visit?
                          Elizabeth: Probably amused more than offended, but go right ahead :
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                            Hola mi amigos y amigas! The real world has been kickin the crap out of me. Buying stuff for my new house (or next week it will be), working more to keep money in my account, etc. On the bright side I can almost play "Peggy Sue" on my guitar, but still got alot of work on the solo. (It's bad when I have to count out loud.) But I've missed y'all and sparky so much. So here's a little sparky treat, with a soundtrack.

Spoiler:
                            John Sheppard stood from the small table he set-up on the balcony overlooking Atlantis. He walked over to the railing and looked down at his watch. John started pacing thinking he had been stood up. She was late and her food was getting cold.

Elizabeth Weir rushed up a set of stairs mentally cursing herself. The one day she decides to take a nap since coming to Atlantis and she oversleeps a meeting. Elizabeth felt pretty embarrassed being late to her own birthday supper. She hoped her date was not too upset.

“Hi John. Sorry, I’m late,” Elizabeth offered.

“It’s alright,” John pulled out her chair.

“Thanks,” Elizabeth took her seat.

“Remember the first time we ever stood out here?” John asked as he poured some water.

“Yes, the view was breathtaking. It still is,” Elizabeth took a deep breath letting the night air fill her senses.

“We’ve had some close calls since then,” John took a sip of water.

“Yes, but nothing too out of the ordinary,” Elizabeth replied.

“Life sucking aliens, blowing up over half a solar system, and robots with a ‘why doesn’t mommy love me’ complex are somehow ordinary?” John smirked.

“Good point,” Elizabeth chuckled at how “ordinary” has a whole new definition.

“So what’s on the menu for this evening?” Elizabeth asked.

“That’s a surprise. For wine we have nice burgundy,” John offered with a small grin.

“Thank you. I can’t believe you went to all this trouble,” Elizabeth looked over the balcony appreciatively.

“It wasn’t that much trouble. Though General O’Neill did want to know why I needed a set of real plates,” John said with mock confusion.

“I love the decor. Very low key. I think you missed your calling,” Elizabeth smiled as she took a sip of her wine.

“You oughta see what I can do with a few gallons of paint and some drapes,” John joked.

“This wine is excellent. Where did you get this?” Elizabeth complimented.

“Dr. Sobrier gave it to me. I guess his folks work on some winery in Burgundy,” John answered as he wheeled over the serving cart.

“It smells delicious,” Elizabeth interest grew with the scent of supper.

“Oh, you’re gonna love it. It’s your all time favorite,” John took on a triumphant air as he removed the lids.

“Pot Roast! With red potatoes!” Elizabeth nearly jumped form her seat.

“Your mom said it was your favorite growing up,” John set Elizabeth’s plate on the table.

“When did you talk to my mom?” Elizabeth asked while she fought the urge to dig in before John sat down.

“The last few data bursts to Earth. But ‘mom’ recipes are hard to follow. ‘Some’ of this, ‘a sprinkle of that” and my favorite, ‘keep going ‘til it tastes good,” John retook his chair.

“John, this really is great,” Elizabeth spoke with sincerity in her voice.

“Thanks. I’m glad you like it. Oh I almost forgot,” John ran back and grabbed a large angel food cake.

“A cake too. I’m impressed,” Elizabeth leaned back and tilted her brow.

“I didn’t know if...” John got cut short.

“I know you weren’t going to mention how many candles to put on it,” Elizabeth gave John a playful glare.

“I was gonna ask if you wanted birthday spankings,” John replied in feigned ignorance.

“Maybe later. Let’s just enjoy the food,” Elizabeth smiled.

“So how is it?” John asked after a few moments of quiet eating.

“It’s fantastic. Almost as good as mom’s,” Elizabeth replied.

“Almost huh?” John put on some fake hurt.

“John, nobody makes anything better than mom,” Elizabeth stated very matter-of-factly.

“True. I always wondered why that was?” John pondered out loud.

“Mom makes everything with love,” Elizabeth offered.

“Are you saying I didn’t make it with love,” John crossed his arms.

“What? No of course not. It’s made with a different kind of love,” Elizabeth back peddled.

“So my love isn’t good enough,” John continued teasing.

“No it is... wait you love me?” Elizabeth took the chance to turn the tables on John.

“Ah, well you know...” John felt like he was a kid caught with both hands in the cookie jar.

“Well, do you love me?” Elizabeth leaned forward placed her chin on her hand.

“I, maybe... in you know; a umm,” John started looking down at his feet.

“I’m waiting,” Elizabeth twirled some hair with her finger as she watched John squirm.

“I... yeah I do love you. In a...”John was interrupted again.

“I knew it,” Elizabeth smiled, “I love you too,” she winked letting John know he was off the hook for playing into her teasing.

“How about some music?” John smiled showing he appreciated the fun.

“Sounds good,” Elizabeth finished her wine.

“May I have this dance,” John offer his hand.

“Of course,” Elizabeth titled her head and smiled back.

To spend one night with you
                            In our old rendezvous

For the fans of the old school crooners: Frankie Laine

Or if you're a doo-woper: The Channels

Or a laid back rock ballad: Buddy Holly
                            Hey, missed you. Glad you're back. Cute story. John just walked right into that one. And it's true, nobody cooks like Mom. In my case, it's mostly because I don't necessarily follow the recipe exactly. Years of trial and error cause you to improvise. LOL
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*crawls in*

Can someone please cheer me up? Please?
                              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                                *crawls in*

Can someone please cheer me up? Please?
                                *hugs* what's up sweetie? what can I do to help?
                                My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X