No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday, and ZOMG, we just hit 94,000 posts! Way to go, everyone! *pops open the champagne and starts pouring mimosas*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I think with drawings you have a lot of literary leeway. People know who they are if they look even the least bit like Joe and Torri as long as it's clear that it is intended to be John and Elizabeth. If that makes sense. I know one time someone did a drawing of another ship in wedding outfits and actually showed it to one of the actors at a con. Needless to say, she went "OMG! That's me and XXX." LOL Shipping real people is one of my hot buttons. But it takes a real moron to think the actors have the same feelings for each other as their characters or to be so insensitive as to post huggy pics of them at cons without distinguishing between the actors and the characters. We were always so careful with our Joe kissed Torri posts. *sighs* That seemed so long ago but was a big moment at the time that told us he thought Sparky was a viable option.

Your drawing, on the other hand, will be tasteful and not ambiguous in the least.
    Yeah, shipping real people (or implying it) is really NOT COOL and downright squicky. As for character shipping, let's not forget about people posting pics that were taken between takes on the set (so everyone's in costume), and trying to pass those pics off as the characters getting really "friendly" with each other when in reality, it was just the actors goofing off between scenes. Honestly, it's shameful how low some will go.

Reiko, I know you'll do a much better job with your art!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      SS6 journal is updated through "Adoremus" (I've included the title as that since that's what the majority wants so far--I'll change it if that changes). There are a lot of notes posted under "Gravity" as well since the thread got sidetracked to that discussion.
      Excellent! I'll have to take a looksee! In related news, I'm starting to put together my outline for House of Mirrors, and I think I've solved the problem of what the 'trigger' for Elizabeth's breakdown will be... muahahahah!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

First of all: 94,000 posts!!! We rock!

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        Wtah the frak???? Someone really did THAT?! That's not just tasteless or stupid, it's indescribable. Actors don't have to share your shippy preferences and ambitions. And even if you want them to know that character X and Z are cute together and would make a good couple, there's a tasteful way to let them know.

Oh, the pictures. Distinguishing is really, really important. Characters are not actors and actors are not characters. There's a huge difference between imagination and reality. I think we need to respect that.

I apologize for the sidetracking of the thread. I hope you guys forgive me
        I thought you knew about that incident. I guess it was before your time but it's pretty legendary and the person who did it was totally clueless. In fact I think at the time she was using it as a sig or something and posted on BamBam's thread. Even he came back and said, uh, maybe you wanna think about this. LOL Now moving on. *looks around for spies*

And I think I sidetracked the thread first. As usual. But I feel kinda evil today.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday, and ZOMG, we just hit 94,000 posts! Way to go, everyone! *pops open the champagne and starts pouring mimosas*

Yeah, shipping real people (or implying it) is really NOT COOL and downright squicky. As for character shipping, let's not forget about people posting pics that were taken between takes on the set (so everyone's in costume), and trying to pass those pics off as the characters getting really "friendly" with each other when in reality, it was just the actors goofing off between scenes. Honestly, it's shameful how low some will go.

Reiko, I know you'll do a much better job with your art!
        Poor Reiko, now she's going to be afraid to do her drawing. We weren't talking about you love. Hee.

Yeah, I remember a pic of Torri and Robert Patrick kissing that made the rounds. I don't remember anybody shipping them though. But it wouldn't surprise me. LOL
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Congratulations everybody for 94 000 posts.

Gateraid: Ah, you're hilarious.

SR: I remember the story with the fan who did a drawing. It's funny because we all know the ship is.....*looks the moderator* ok we can't say it without starting a new war.

tweet of the day: I ate too much. I think I can't stand up for the moment so I will stay here.lol
          sigpic
          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

*runs in*
            new fic
            *runs out to bus stop*
            My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
              *runs in*
              new fic
              *runs out to bus stop*
              Don't run. It's excellent
              sigpic
              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

I thought you knew about that incident. I guess it was before your time but it's pretty legendary and the person who did it was totally clueless. In fact I think at the time she was using it as a sig or something and posted on BamBam's thread. Even he came back and said, uh, maybe you wanna think about this. LOL Now moving on. *looks around for spies*

And I think I sidetracked the thread first. As usual. But I feel kinda evil today.
                *snerks* BamBam put a smackdown on that person? Well, I guess we can call it case closed, then.

Poor Reiko, now she's going to be afraid to do her drawing. We weren't talking about you love. Hee.
                Yeah! We want pretty Sparky drawings!

Yeah, I remember a pic of Torri and Robert Patrick kissing that made the rounds. I don't remember anybody shipping them though. But it wouldn't surprise me. LOL
                I seem to recall seeing a few Weir/Sumner fics scattered around... And I think that behind-the-scenes pic of Torri and RP is up at the MGM Stargate site, for anyone who hasn't seen it. It's kinda funny, actually.

*runs in*
                new fic
                *runs out to bus stop*
                Aaaaah! Everyone, be sure you've got some tissues ready when you read this one, it's a fantastic tear-jerker!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                  Don't run. It's excellent
                  had to run, we were running late

Aaaaah! Everyone, be sure you've got some tissues ready when you read this one, it's a fantastic tear-jerker!
                  yeah...probably should have warned you all... sorry 'bout that!
                  My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                  sigpic

Comment

had to run, we were running late

You know me, I love a good sob story and that one was great.
                    sigpic

Comment

You know me, I love a good sob story and that one was great.
                      And I'm addicted to angst - we make a great pair lol
                      thanks!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                        FH, don't read the fourth one (it's not against Kate, it just might remind you of that incident).
                        I agree with John on that notion. You earned green even.

Besides, ever since writing my Little Bang Doppelganger fix-it fic/changed the episode a bit ... the actual Doppelganger is but a memory in the wind.

I seem to recall seeing a few Weir/Sumner fics scattered around... And I think that behind-the-scenes pic of Torri and RP is up at the MGM Stargate site, for anyone who hasn't seen it. It's kinda funny, actually.
                        I think, if I'm not mistaken, that it's in the behind the scenes from The Rising on the DVD's, and it's absolutely hilarious.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

But it was really good!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          I agree with John on that notion. You earned green even.
                          Yup. In Sheppard We Trust.

Besides, ever since writing my Little Bang Doppelganger fix-it fic/changed the episode a bit ... the actual Doppelganger is but a memory in the wind.
                          Ahhh, isn't it nice to be able to look back on it and say, 'no, Kate wasn't dead, she was just in a deep coma. She got better.'

I think, if I'm not mistaken, that it's in the behind the scenes from The Rising on the DVD's, and it's absolutely hilarious.
                          I remember watching that when I first got my S1 set. Hilarious is right!

Comment

I remember watching that when I first got my S1 set. Hilarious is right!
                            Isn't the director telling them what to do off screen and goes like:

You're walking into Atlantis and you're in aw... Continue walking,.... and then ... you kiss.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Isn't the director telling them what to do off screen and goes like:

You're walking into Atlantis and you're in aw... Continue walking,.... and then ... you kiss.

Yep, he totally was! They're so goofy!

Comment

Helllooooo! Wakey wakey! I guess everybody who is going to vote has voted so here's the results:

The number in () indicates second choices.

Title suggestions: The Sect (1)
                                Give Us Peace or Grant Us Peace
                                Sanctus 2 (2)
                                Adoremus 5 (1)
                                Te Deum
                                Adoremus Te--Let us adore you
                                Adoramus Te--We adore you
                                Veneration & Worship = Veneratio quod Cultus
                                We Worship and Adore = Nos Cultus quod Adore
                                Wraith Worshipers = Cultus Wraith

So it looks like the title of the Wraith worshippers episode is to be: Adoremus
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X