Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks!
    My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
    sigpic

Comment

Hi, here's some more. FH, don't read the fourth one (it's not against Kate, it just might remind you of that incident). Also implied language in the last one.

Spoiler:

EW: Seeing you all here, alive, makes me feel so.............
      RM: Oblivious to everyone but Sheppard?

Spoiler:

RW: Um, Colonel?
      JS: Sorry, it's just force of habit, usually I'd be playing footsie with Elizabeth by now

Spoiler:

JS: Getting kicked out of here by those Ancients really sux, eh?
      EW: I know what you mean. I've got the last laugh though - I haven't cleaned the walls

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
      Here's what they said:

OUTSIDE BALCONY. Sam comes out to join John who has been gazing out over the ocean.

CARTER: There y’are.

SHEPPARD (gesturing at the view): Two moons!

CARTER: Actually, there are five. It’s just these are the only two visible to the naked eye.

SHEPPARD: Really?

CARTER: Yeah.

Spoiler:
      Here's what they meant:

NB: I actually like Carter, in case you were wondering

Spoiler:
      OUTSIDE BALCONY. Sam comes out to join John who has been gazing out over the ocean.

CARTER: Actually, there are five. It’s just these are the only two visible to the naked eye.

SHEPPARD: Fantastic. You can count them as you fall to your death

Spoiler:

EW: You realise if you shoot all the buildings, there'll be nowhere for our secret encounters?
      JS: Good thinking. I'm glad I brought you with us

Spoiler:

JO: Sheppard, you know it's against regs to bring your girlfriend on a mission, right?

Spoiler:

RD: Looks like we're trapped in here. Tell me something about yourself
      JK: Well, I have a yeast infection
      RD: You really are special, aren't you?

Spoiler:

RD: So why won't you date me?
      JK: To be honest Ronon, it's the hair. Did you do something different to last year? Coz it looks
      Spoiler:
      ridiculous

Spoiler:

Here's what they said:

WEIR: Until Rodney delivers the preliminary status report, I’m all yours. Put me to work, Colonel.

SHEPPARD: Alright, let’s make up some time. Break into teams. Ronon, you’re with Teyla. Elizabeth, you’re with me -- or I’m with you, however you wanna put it.

(Ronon hands him a rifle and he walks off, Elizabeth following him.)

WEIR: Either [ee-ther] way ... or either [eye-ther] way.

(Ronon hands Teyla a pistol and they too head off.)

Here's what they meant:

Spoiler:
      WEIR: Until Rodney delivers the preliminary status report, I’m all yours. Put me to work, Colonel.

SHEPPARD: Alright, let’s make up some time. Break into teams. Ronon, you’re with Teyla. Elizabeth, you’re with me -- or I’m with you, however you wanna put it.

WEIR: Either [ee-ther] way ... or either [eye-ther] way. F*** me, frak me, twist me, bend me, however you want to phrase it....

Also, does anyone know how to do the hotlinking? I've been adding these as attachments. I read about hotlinking in the FAQ's but couldn't find an explanation for how to do it
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        Also, does anyone know how to do the hotlinking? I've been adding these as attachments. I read about hotlinking in the FAQ's but couldn't find an explanation for how to do it
        Oh no, you do NOT want to hotlink. Hotlinking other people's pictures is BAD. What you do want to do is set up your own photo album account with a service like Photobucket or Picasa, and link to your own photos.

Now, on to the fun stuff...

Hi, here's some more. FH, don't read the fourth one (it's not against Kate, it just might remind you of that incident). Also implied language in the last one.

Spoiler:
        [ATTACH]25272[/ATTACH]
        EW: Seeing you all here, alive, makes me feel so.............
        RM: Oblivious to everyone but Sheppard?
        *snerks* Rodney can be quite perceptive when it suits him.

Spoiler:
        [ATTACH]25273[/ATTACH]
        RW: Um, Colonel?
        JS: Sorry, it's just force of habit, usually I'd be playing footsie with Elizabeth by now
        Hah!

Spoiler:
        [ATTACH]25274[/ATTACH]
        JS: Getting kicked out of here by those Ancients really sux, eh?
        EW: I know what you mean. I've got the last laugh though - I haven't cleaned the walls
        ZOMG! Do we even want to know what they were up to that got the walls dirty?

... scratch that, of course we do!

Spoiler:
        [ATTACH]25275[/ATTACH]
        Spoiler:
        Here's what they said:

SHEPPARD: Really?

CARTER: Yeah.

Spoiler:
        Here's what they meant:

NB: I actually like Carter, in case you were wondering

Spoiler:

SHEPPARD: Fantastic. You can count them as you fall to your death
        AHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! Ooooh, that'll certainly leave a mark!

Spoiler:
        [ATTACH]25276[/ATTACH]
        EW: You realise if you shoot all the buildings, there'll be nowhere for our secret encounters?
        JS: Good thinking. I'm glad I brought you with us
        Exactly. Can't have John blowing up his and Lizzie's love nest!

Spoiler:
        [ATTACH]25277[/ATTACH]
        JO: Sheppard, you know it's against regs to bring your girlfriend on a mission, right?
        Uh, Jack? Pot. Kettle. *snorts*

Spoiler:
        [ATTACH]25279[/ATTACH]
        RD: Looks like we're trapped in here. Tell me something about yourself
        JK: Well, I have a yeast infection
        RD: You really are special, aren't you?
        EWWWWWWWW!

Spoiler:
        [ATTACH]25278[/ATTACH]
        RD: So why won't you date me?
        JK: To be honest Ronon, it's the hair. Did you do something different to last year? Coz it looks
        Spoiler:
        ridiculous
        Damn, now that's just cold.

Spoiler:
        [ATTACH]25280[/ATTACH]
        Here's what they said:

WEIR: Either [ee-ther] way ... or either [eye-ther] way.

(Ronon hands Teyla a pistol and they too head off.)

Here's what they meant:

Spoiler:

WEIR: Either [ee-ther] way ... or either [eye-ther] way. F*** me, frak me, twist me, bend me, however you want to phrase it....
        Ah, the beauty of dating a linguist... all the lovely ways that Lizzie can talk dirty.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          We don't have a set time for getting our first SS6 script done. We want it to be done right so aren't rushing it. We're discussing the treatment of each episode before anyone starts writing.
          Ah, alright. That's what I had originally thought. No need to go rushing through things, now that SGA production has complete autonomy from the SciFi (Syfy?) Channel's deadlines, among other things...

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
          i made a sig (no brain power to write tonight...just wanted something pretty)

Spoiler:

the text is lyrics from the song "Forever for Tonight" by Blessid Union of Souls (love them!!! *sigh*)
          Very fitting for Sparky. I'll admit that I've never heard of the song before (or the band, for that matter), but I like the sound. I'm a sucker for acoustic guitar. (Which is certainly fitting for John/Elizabeth, since John plays the guitar.)

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Just think of John and Elizabeth as literary characters. Which they are, in a sense.

Looking forward to seeing your drawing!
          You're right -- they are in a sense literary characters, presented in a visual fashion. Though what I originally meant by literary was out of a book, in which I'm not as constrained to making the characters looking at least somewhat like Torri Higginson or Joe Flanigan.

I'll post drawn related artistic odds and ends here as they come since I don't have PS. But t might be a while though before you get something decent.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          I like this idea; it kind of reminds me of the soundtrack from Alien 3, which also incorporated Latin (specifically, portions of the Agnus Dei). That was a very creepy score.
          Haven't seen the third Alien, but I get what you mean and how such a score would contribute to a film like that. Really brings up the intensity. A random musing: I'm rather fond of the use of human vocals in soundtracks (and by that, I don't mean actual singing, but rather mean 'undefined' voice that molds with the orchestra). I don't remember where I heard it, but I recall hearing or reading that the use of vocals in a film or television score can create a very intrinsic 'human' connection with the audience in a deeper was that mere instruments couldn't (when used correctly, of course). I thought that statement was rather brilliant.

Comment

Voting for Adoremus.

Looks like Gateraid is in a good mood. I love the captions!
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Guys! We are about to hit 94 000 posts!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                Ah, alright. That's what I had originally thought. No need to go rushing through things, now that SGA production has complete autonomy from the SciFi (Syfy?) Channel's deadlines, among other things...
                Like an unlimited budget.

Very fitting for Sparky. I'll admit that I've never heard of the song before (or the band, for that matter), but I like the sound. I'm a sucker for acoustic guitar. (Which is certainly fitting for John/Elizabeth, since John plays the guitar.)
                Even though we never saw him play the guitar in S1-S5. Hmm, something else we'll need to slip into a scene somewhere... I'm sure Joe will be willing to oblige and play a bit on camera, even if Jason does tease him a little.

You're right -- they are in a sense literary characters, presented in a visual fashion. Though what I originally meant by literary was out of a book, in which I'm not as constrained to making the characters looking at least somewhat like Torri Higginson or Joe Flanigan.

I'll post drawn related artistic odds and ends here as they come since I don't have PS. But t might be a while though before you get something decent.
                No worries, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. There's never too much Sparky fanart.

Haven't seen the third Alien, but I get what you mean and how such a score would contribute to a film like that. Really brings up the intensity. A random musing: I'm rather fond of the use of human vocals in soundtracks (and by that, I don't mean actual singing, but rather mean 'undefined' voice that molds with the orchestra). I don't remember where I heard it, but I recall hearing or reading that the use of vocals in a film or television score can create a very intrinsic 'human' connection with the audience in a deeper was that mere instruments couldn't (when used correctly, of course). I thought that statement was rather brilliant.
                I rather like the use of the wordless vocal as well. That statement you found about such vocals making a human connection with the audience is very brilliant! I've never heard of that before, but it makes perfect sense to me.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                  Voting for Adoremus.

I know! Just the thing to cheer me up when I'm feeling icky.

Guys! We are about to hit 94 000 posts!!!!
                  Whee! *gets the champagne ready*

Comment

gateraid

reiko thanks. I've been listening to Blessid Union of Souls since high school (so for a pretty long time) and I just love their sound. and they've got a few songs that just make you go *guh*
                    My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                      i made a sig (no brain power to write tonight...just wanted something pretty)

Spoiler:
                      http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k248/andrewsmommy47/avis%20and%20sigs/foreversparkykiss.jpg

the text is lyrics from the song "Forever for Tonight" by Blessid Union of Souls (love them!!! *sigh*)

Just lovely. I like the really pretty ones.

gateraid! That's your best bunch ever. I'd hate to have to chose my favorite. Okay, maybe the last one.

[SIZE="2"]

I think with drawings you have a lot of literary leeway. People know who they are if they look even the least bit like Joe and Torri as long as it's clear that it is intended to be John and Elizabeth. If that makes sense. I know one time someone did a drawing of another ship in wedding outfits and actually showed it to one of the actors at a con. Needless to say, she went "OMG! That's me and XXX." LOL Shipping real people is one of my hot buttons. But it takes a real moron to think the actors have the same feelings for each other as their characters or to be so insensitive as to post huggy pics of them at cons without distinguishing between the actors and the characters. We were always so careful with our Joe kissed Torri posts. *sighs* That seemed so long ago but was a big moment at the time that told us he thought Sparky was a viable option.

Your drawing, on the other hand, will be tasteful and not ambiguous in the least.

Voting for Adoremus.

Vote recorded. Who hasn't voted? *pokes thread*
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

thanks SR...I seem to do the soft/pinkish-purple thing alot *shrug*
                        sigpic

Comment

SS6 journal is updated through "Adoremus" (I've included the title as that since that's what the majority wants so far--I'll change it if that changes). There are a lot of notes posted under "Gravity" as well since the thread got sidetracked to that discussion.
                          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                            SS6 journal is updated through "Adoremus" (I've included the title as that since that's what the majority wants so far--I'll change it if that changes). There are a lot of notes posted under "Gravity" as well since the thread got sidetracked to that discussion.
                            Thanks for that. The vote count so far shows Adoremus well ahead with 5 votes. Runner up is Sanctus with 2, but everyone hasn't voted. We'll leave the voting open until I check in tomorrow morning.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

I think with drawings you have a lot of literary leeway. People know who they are if they look even the least bit like Joe and Torri as long as it's clear that it is intended to be John and Elizabeth. If that makes sense. I know one time someone did a drawing of another ship in wedding outfits and actually showed it to one of the actors at a con. Needless to say, she went "OMG! That's me and XXX." LOL Shipping real people is one of my hot buttons. But it takes a real moron to think the actors have the same feelings for each other as their characters or to be so insensitive as to post huggy pics of them at cons without distinguishing between the actors and the characters. We were always so careful with our Joe kissed Torri posts. *sighs* That seemed so long ago but was a big moment at the time that told us he thought Sparky was a viable option.

Your drawing, on the other hand, will be tasteful and not ambiguous in the least.
                              Wtah the frak???? Someone really did THAT?! That's not just tasteless or stupid, it's indescribable. Actors don't have to share your shippy preferences and ambitions. And even if you want them to know that character X and Z are cute together and would make a good couple, there's a tasteful way to let them know.

Oh, the pictures. Distinguishing is really, really important. Characters are not actors and actors are not characters. There's a huge difference between imagination and reality. I think we need to respect that.

I apologize for the sidetracking of the thread. I hope you guys forgive me

Comment

Aaaaaaaand WE HAVE 94 000 POSTS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X