Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    I also like the tidally-locked planet idea; we've never seen anything like that on SGA before.

Oh, and if I suddenly disappear, don't panic, I tried to upgrade to Windows 7 and my computer had a spaz attack. It looks like I may have to do a factory restore. Blech.
    I'm sad for you. One word. Mac. That is all.

And I have to wish everyone a Happy St. Patrick's Day! Check out my contribution on my LJ .
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
      Let's see, let's see... *wracks brain*
      Maybe the ruling body of the planet are the ones who are the worshippers and they've kept their bargain with the wraith a secret from their people. (I get this image of people in something like circa 1700s clothing wearing masks and doing all these dark and creepy ceremonies.) So the team goes to the planet and hear the rumors and then things go from there. (sorry about the lack of detail in this, but I'm kinda dead on my feet right now ) Maybe by revealing this the team triggers an uprising? Like at the end of the ep after they've revealed the truth to the people they just turn their backs and walk towards the gate while behind them the angry mob swarms their former leaders and then everything fades to black. However, this might be a little similar to the basic plot of 'Condemned' so I don't know. *shrug*

Also, if we take the spin that the worshippers are kidnapping children (I think we did say it was children that were being taken, right?) because they're crazy psychos only out to protect themselves instead of an entire planet from the wraith, then... okay, I have this image in my head of these two planets (both habitable) that are tidally locked to each other - one is way larger than the other and kind of looms in the sky at all times (although admittedly it's faded out during the day). Maybe the team goes to the smaller planet for some reason and they start to hear these rumors about children being taken <insert sinister name here>. Turns out the worshippers have their base on the other planet and have been using some kind of ship or Ancient teleportation device to travel between the two (maybe a side effect of the teleportation device is making them all shadowy looking or semi-invisible and that's how they get the name, I don't know) and... or hey, maybe the bad guys have an accomplice on the planet who's like the person that you'd least expect it to be and the team finds out about it - here you could have the 'what the...?' moment with the team discovering a bone altar in this person's backyard or something (cause I like that element).
      So the team eventually finds their way to the 'dark' side of the planet where the b.g's have their hide out (maybe that's where they get the shadowy name from, cause they're on the side of the planet nobody ever sees b/c the two planets are tidally locked) and things proceed from there.

Whew... well, like I said I'm not at my best at the moment so maybe I can give it some more thought later. Oh, and I like Adoremus for the title.
      I like this, though I'd rather stay away from the 'hierarchy decides for us again!' plotline. I'd like this to be all or nothing, as in all the people of the race are involved and not just the leadership. From what we learn of them in "The Hive" they're sorta brainwashed into believing this is the best path and even the peasants buy into it.
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

And I have to wish everyone a Happy St. Patrick's Day! Check out my contribution on my LJ .
        Ditto on the Mac. I got a new work computer-laptop with an upgrade Windows OS and MO 2007 and its already crashed and is unusable, so now I'm in a messy, stuffed with junk cubicle working on my old computer.

*LOL* at the Muppets.

Comment

IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!!!!
          I HAVE A NEW STABLE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!
          YOUHOU!!!!!!!!

Hmm....sorry.
          sigpic
          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
            IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!!!!
            YOUHOU!!!!!!!!
            Congrats Probie!!!

Comment

IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!!!!
              YOUHOU!!!!!!!!

Hmm....sorry.
              Probie, that's wonderful! Congratulations!!!!

Comment

Thank you!
                I'm so happy!

And I have a new avatar too.lol
                sigpic

Comment

IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!!!!
                  YOUHOU!!!!!!!!

Hmm....sorry.

Great news! I'm so happy for you! And love the avatar.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Congrats Probie.

Comment

Thanks.

Too bad I'm alone today. I'm doing "fiesta" with myself.lol
                      sigpic

Comment

WOW - CONGRATULATIONS Probie!!!
                        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Félitations, mon amie!

Oh, Lifeline... And I tuned in to Elizabeth looking seriously at John and John making the woobie face. *sigh* *cries*

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                            Okay guys... someone explain tidally- locked to me? *dumb*
                            Tidal locking

IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!!!!
                            YOUHOU!!!!!!!!

Hmm....sorry.
                            Congratulations!
                            sigpic
                            Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

I LIVE! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday and Happy St. Patrick's Day! May the luck o' the Irish be with ye all! And since we're way past morning, let's skip the Irish coffee and head straight for the pints of Guinness! ('cause damn, I sure need it after last night!)

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

Gah. A Mac would be nice, except then I'd have to go through the hassle of switching over all my software to Mac versions (and some of my games don't have versions for Mac). *sighs*

In any event, the factory restore function worked like a charm and reset the computer to the state it was in when I first took it out of the box. (Thank you, Dell!) Now I'm just reinstalling all my third-party software. Annoying, but at the same time, a good learning experience.

And SR, that Muppets video gave me just the laugh I needed! Animal is so my hero, LOL! Thanks! *huggles*

IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!!!!
                              YOUHOU!!!!!!!!

Hmm....sorry.
                              Whoo Hoo! Congrats on the new job!
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

On the title-voting... where I keep reading Adiemus instead Ader... what was it again?

Anyway, I'm not a fan of the Catholic church, or of any religion for that matter, so my knowledge of Church latin is limited to "Requiem in Pace" and "In nomeni patri et filius, et spiriti sancti" (or something).

So, whatever title is used to address the Wraith-worshipping community... is fine by me.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X