Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miller's Crossing, eh? Cool.

Oooh, and old school Atlantis alert: The Siege, Part 1 is on SyFy right now!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
      It's time for another Sparky Season 6 Shindig.....

What: Movie Night
      When: Thursday after work
      Where: Studio Media Room
      Who: Cast Crew & Staff of SS6
      What to Bring: Your favorite DVD (share your pick with us here on the thread)

Snacks & Beverages provided by Management (thanks SR)!

I'm bringing "You've Got Mail"
      I'll be bringing Lemming of course. And Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind.

Lemming was intended as the joke but to my utter surprise it's an actual film.

When you say Big Bertha, all I can see is the big underwater spider-thingy from Sanctuary... not a pretty sight to see John try to escape that.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I say we go ahead and call it a day, grab our DVDs and head to the media room for the movie night (which has now turned into movie night + 3 day weekend, due to all the great flicks y'all are bringing)!

Last one there is a gutted TaunTaun....... (keeping in the theme of today's discussion)....
        sigpic
        Signature by Erin87

Comment

Last one there is a gutted TaunTaun....... (keeping in the theme of today's discussion)....
          *sprints past in an attempt not to be last*
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            When you say Big Bertha, all I can see is the big underwater spider-thingy from Sanctuary... not a pretty sight to see John try to escape that.
            Ewwwwww!

I say we go ahead and call it a day, grab our DVDs and head to the media room for the movie night (which has now turned into movie night + 3 day weekend, due to all the great flicks y'all are bringing)!

*runs like mad, dragging in a cart with an extra tub of ice cold drinks*
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Yeah, I'm sorry we never saw that firestarter again. Stupid. But we have to let her forget it this time. Maybe Kanaan is using it to light all those candles they keep in their quarters. LOL
              I can see Tayla not having the firestarter, probably not something she'd normally carry on a mission. But how to explain none of them having matches? Aren't they a standard item of emergency gear in the tac vests?
              DDC

Comment

*strolls in whistling* Am I late? Darnmit, which movie did I miss?

Originally posted by ddc View Post
                I can see Tayla not having the firestarter, probably not something she'd normally carry on a mission. But how to explain none of them having matches? Aren't they a standard item of emergency gear in the tac vests?
                Yes, but we can always use that old adage of movies/tv shows/books galore--matches get wet in snowy conditions and it's generally very windy on ice planets. None of them would hold the flame long enough to light the brush/logs, which themselves will be damp from the snowy conditions.
                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                  Yes, but we can always use that old adage of movies/tv shows/books galore--matches get wet in snowy conditions and it's generally very windy on ice planets. None of them would hold the flame long enough to light the brush/logs, which themselves will be damp from the snowy conditions.
                  And of course, you've only got so many matches before you run out. Of course, one could also be carrying a lighter (Sheppard had one of his own in Rising), but even that will only last so long, and it's still going to be prone to being blown out in the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                    Ohoh! I hope you don't mind me dropping in here, but this so much reminded me of some art that was done for the last Sticks and Snark thing-a-thon. It's here. I've always thought there had to be an awesome episode behind that pic.
                    I love that. I must have read their mind.

Originally posted by ddc View Post
                    What Eri and SK said. They will have multiple problems with the fires. Wet kindling is a good possibility in the snow also. Ronon and Carson will be out in the open with no wood. Rodney and Teyla will have plenty of green wood but little dry kindling and the wind will blow out the lighter or it just won't work in the cold. And just when they think the fire is going to go something will happen to put it out. John will be nice and toasty. Hee.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I love that. I must have read their mind.
                      Certainly looks cold, doesn't it? Of course, Rodney won't be injured in the episode, but hey, his whining about being cold will probably make up for it to the point that Teyla will want to whack him over the head with her P-90!

What Eri and SK said. They will have multiple problems with the fires. Wet kindling is a good possibility in the snow also. Ronon and Carson will be out in the open with no wood. Rodney and Teyla will have plenty of green wood but little dry kindling and the wind will blow out the lighter or it just won't work in the cold. And just when they think the fire is going to go something will happen to put it out. John will be nice and toasty. Hee.
                      Aaaah, gotta love Murphy's Law. Ain't it a b***h? *cackles*

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Certainly looks cold, doesn't it? Of course, Rodney won't be injured in the episode, but hey, his whining about being cold will probably make up for it to the point that Teyla will want to whack him over the head with her P-90!

Aaaah, gotta love Murphy's Law. Ain't it a b***h? *cackles*
                        There is a distinct possibility that we are turning into *whispers* whumpers.

I just found this. ROTFLMAO! Poor John.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

There is a distinct possibility that we are turning into *whispers* whumpers.
                          'Turning into?' Heh, we already are! LOL!

I just found this. ROTFLMAO! Poor John.
                          Aaaahhhh, my eyes! I'm gonna have to pour bleach into 'em after looking at that link! Poor John, indeed! Good thing Kate's gonna be back two episodes later, 'cause John's gonna need her help after a close encounter with that thing!

Comment

Oh, and just an aside on the 'Big Bertha' pic, is it safe to assume that since this is a snow/ice world, these creatures' hair/fur is going to be white rather than that reddish-brown? So as to better blend in with the surroundings and be harder to track? We'll need to coordinate that with the make-up department and Henson Studios.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                              Hairless?

Uh, they may not be yeti, but he's got some...
                              You're both incredible. *crubs brain*

*kidnaps john and locks him with Elizabeth in a room* ;D
                              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                                *kidnaps john and locks him with Elizabeth in a room*
                                *kidnaps John and locks him FIRST with ME in a room*
                                No, no, wait Elizabeth, put down that P90, I was kidding!!! Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelpppppppppppppppppppppp!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X