No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@SK - me? Naughty? Isn't that, like, old news?

Spoiler:
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      What if the creature attacks Ronon and takes a bite? aaaangst and guess what - their motivation to fix this went sky high.
      Hmm, do we really want to beef up the jeopardy for the team that much? They're in plenty of danger as it is just with this creature running around... perhaps a scene where Ronon almost gets bitten would satisfy that requirement. And we are already gonna be screwing with Ronon in the 'Ronon the Empath' episode, too.

I would like them to know at leasts omething about this disease/condition. maybe old Athosians have heard of it? If it's Peg - galaxy version of rabies then Athosians must have heard of it.
      Oh, I agree, the Athosians should definitely know about it. It'll be like one of those legends that everyone in Pegasus hears about, like the Shrine of Talus in S5's The Shrine.

@SK - me? Naughty? Isn't that, like, old news?

Spoiler:
      RAWR! Now that's what I'm talking about!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

SK, you're probably right about Ronon in jeopardy. But when the creature almost got Ronon (and stole his gun, because he knows how to use it, because he's actually a sic Athosian guy), maybe Ronon recognizes him and realizes what's going on.

Comment

SK, you're probably right about Ronon in jeopardy. But when the creature almost got Ronon (and stole his gun, because he knows how to use it, because he's actually a sic Athosian guy), maybe Ronon recognizes him and realizes what's going on.
          Sweet! That solves the dual questions of how we temporarily get rid of Ronon's gun and how Our Heroes figure out the mystery!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Sweet! That solves the dual questions of how we temporarily get rid of Ronon's gun and how Our Heroes figure out the mystery!
            Heee, I love elegant solutions.

Comment

Yays. Glad y'all like what I've got so far.

I really really like this idea! What creature-izes this guy? Hmmm.... could it be something reversible? Like, if the infected person was captured on time there is an antidote that could be used?

What I'd like to see is all of them resorting only to clever strategies to catch the creature. If they shouldn't kills him, amybe they can't use guns at all? Basically a what to do without a gun kind of setup.
              Yeah, I was definitely thinking it should be something reversible. Either they capture him and get him back to Atlantis for treatment, or the time limit on this Pegasus-rabies is very short and Keller and Carson have to use what they have to come up with something, maybe teaming up with an Athosian healer/wise-woman. The latter option would give more urgency, but I'm wondering if that might not be too much - if the story should just focus on the capture.

Anuna! You are a naughty, naughty girl. Just sayin'.

Don'tcha just love all those cost-cutting measures? LOL!

Me too! This will give Kanaan something really awesome to do and give the audience a chance to see how he's integrated with the Atlantis crew and formed friendships with all of Teyla's teammates. I'm especially digging the very buddy-buddy vibe from the bits about Kanaan and Ronon working together.

Oooh, maybe it's like a kind of Pegasus Galaxy rabies. And part of it is that it sort of mutates the victim into something with some of the characteristics of whatever animal infected the victim. Like the Wolfman, only it requires an antidote (maybe a rare plant?) to reverse. The makeup department is gonna have a field day with this one!
              Yeah, I like the rabies idea. Maybe Keller and Carson can be roaming the woods cause they have to find this plant. This could go with either of the options I mentioned above. They could either have to get it back to Atlantis or use it where they are.

Or at least, everyone except for Ronon can't use guns. Since Ronon's gun has that sweet stun setting. Unless we can figure out some way of getting Ronon's gun out of the picture temporarily...
              Ronon without his gun!? lol
              I like the idea of the guy stealing it from him, but the wounded guy from the hunting party has already told them who it was. Unless of course Ronon jumps the gun on trying to catch the creature while they still think it's an animal (before the guy tells his story) and has an encounter with him where the gun stealing/recognizing happens. He then comes back and confirms what the wounded guy has said, like... "Yeah, it's <insert name of creature man here> alright. *grumbles* He took my gun."
              sigpic
              Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Heee, I love elegant solutions.
                Heh! Me too.

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                Yeah, I was definitely thinking it should be something reversible. Either they capture him and get him back to Atlantis for treatment, or the time limit on this Pegasus-rabies is very short and Keller and Carson have to use what they have to come up with something, maybe teaming up with an Athosian healer/wise-woman. The latter option would give more urgency, but I'm wondering if that might not be too much - if the story should just focus on the capture.
                Hmm, it's probably not too much if they find out early enough what the problem is. As the Pegasus rabies (or whatever we decide to call it) is pretty well-known to the Athosians and Ronon, it'll be pretty simple to get one group started with the treatment, while another group goes out to capture the Pegasus Wolfman and get him back to the village to be treated.

Yeah, I like the rabies idea. Maybe Keller and Carson can be roaming the woods cause they have to find this plant. This could go with either of the options I mentioned above. They could either have to get it back to Atlantis or use it where they are.
                I'm in favor of doing it all on New Athos; having to get them all back to Atlantis might take too long.

Ronon without his gun!? lol
                I like the idea of the guy stealing it from him, but the wounded guy from the hunting party has already told them who it was. Unless of course Ronon jumps the gun on trying to catch the creature while they still think it's an animal (before the guy tells his story) and has an encounter with him where the gun stealing/recognizing happens.
                I like that! Mr. Big Hunter Ronon would totally go off on his own to try to catch the creature himself!

He then comes back and confirms what the wounded guy has said, like... "Yeah, it's <insert name of creature man here> alright. *grumbles* He took my gun."
                LMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                  I promise I'm not trying to squelch the idea, because I really love it. But I'm trying to figure out how to practically include it in our season, which isn't going to have very many chances to see the world Atlantis is actually on.
                  What if we save the lake for S7, when they're cut off from Earth (emergency landing after they knock out the bad guys, the only option is a large, lake-like body of water)?
                  Ah, in that case, I think we're better off waiting to do this idea in a later season.

I really like the ideas that you guys have been spinning out here, especially Erin's summary of sorts which gives me an idea of which direction you plan on going with the episode. I'll read over some of the discussion posts again and see if I can come up with any useful or unique contributions or suggestions to include. (:

Comment

Anuna! You are a naughty, naughty girl. Just sayin'.

Don'tcha just love all those cost-cutting measures? LOL!

Me too! This will give Kanaan something really awesome to do and give the audience a chance to see how he's integrated with the Atlantis crew and formed friendships with all of Teyla's teammates. I'm especially digging the very buddy-buddy vibe from the bits about Kanaan and Ronon working together.

Oooh, maybe it's like a kind of Pegasus Galaxy rabies. And part of it is that it sort of mutates the victim into something with some of the characteristics of whatever animal infected the victim. Like the Wolfman, only it requires an antidote (maybe a rare plant?) to reverse. The makeup department is gonna have a field day with this one!

Or at least, everyone except for Ronon can't use guns. Since Ronon's gun has that sweet stun setting. Unless we can figure out some way of getting Ronon's gun out of the picture temporarily...
                    *shakes finger* Anuna is indeed a very naughty girl.

I like the idea of the Ronon/Kanaan connection. There is canon for that from Broken Ties when Ronon seemed to know all about what Kanaan was up to and how he was integrating into Atlantean society. Too bad we didn't see more of that. We also need some John/Kanaan interaction. Kanaan is probably going to be a bit like early Ronon when he was unsure of how to react to the Earth people. Elizabeth in particular will make him a bit nervous and Teyla will help him accept them for who they are.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

I like the idea of the Ronon/Kanaan connection. There is canon for that from Broken Ties when Ronon seemed to know all about what Kanaan was up to and how he was integrating into Atlantean society. Too bad we didn't see more of that. We also need some John/Kanaan interaction. Kanaan is probably going to be a bit like early Ronon when he was unsure of how to react to the Earth people. Elizabeth in particular will make him a bit nervous and Teyla will help him accept them for who they are.
                      I like all of that! Elizabeth will make Kanaan nervous? Because she's Teyla's best friend and he wants to make a good impression on her, or something? I can't imagine it would be the nanites... in fact, I think that might actually be something to give a little push to a friendship, that after going through the whole Wraith hybrid thing, he understands the 'being feared' thing that Elizabeth will be facing after her rescue... Hmm... *thinking deep thoughts*

Comment

I like all of that! Elizabeth will make Kanaan nervous? Because she's Teyla's best friend and he wants to make a good impression on her, or something? I can't imagine it would be the nanites... in fact, I think that might actually be something to give a little push to a friendship, that after going through the whole Wraith hybrid thing, he understands the 'being feared' thing that Elizabeth will be facing after her rescue... Hmm... *thinking deep thoughts*
                        Good thoughts indeed. I hadn't thought of that as a way for them to bond. I would imagine Elizabeth seems like a legend to him. He must have met her briefly when the Athosians first came to Atlantis but maybe he never got a chance to know her. And Teyla has talked so much about her he really wants to get to know her better but doesn't know how. Then they find a common bond through the whole hybrid/nanite thing. And I can see John smirking and saying "All I did was turn into a bug." LOL
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Good thoughts indeed. I hadn't thought of that as a way for them to bond. I would imagine Elizabeth seems like a legend to him. He must have met her briefly when the Athosians first came to Atlantis but maybe he never got a chance to know her. And Teyla has talked so much about her he really wants to get to know her better but doesn't know how. Then they find a common bond through the whole hybrid/nanite thing. And I can see John smirking and saying "All I did was turn into a bug." LOL
                          Heh! I wonder how Elizabeth will react to being thought of as a legend!

"All I did was turn into a bug." LOL! John would so say that!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Heh! I wonder how Elizabeth will react to being thought of as a legend!

"All I did was turn into a bug." LOL! John would so say that!
                            And Elizabeth would pat John on the arm while telling Kanaan how glad she is that he is himself again. Then Teyla would say something like "We are glad you are both yourselves again" while exchanging a secret "I never told him a thing" look with John.
                            sigpic

Comment

And Elizabeth would pat John on the arm while telling Kanaan how glad she is that he is himself again. Then Teyla would say something like "We are glad you are both yourselves again" while exchanging a secret "I never told him a thing" look with John.
                              *cracks up* We absolutely must put in a scene like that. Maybe over lunch in the mess hall with the rest of the team? Then Rodney comes in with some sort of whiny line about how he got an allergic reaction to the Iratus bug eggs when they went to get them in Conversion, or something. And Ronon rolls his eyes and tells McKay to shut up and eat his meatloaf.

Comment

Nice--and it makes Ronon smart, which is always a plus!

Heh! Me too.

Hmm, it's probably not too much if they find out early enough what the problem is. As the Pegasus rabies (or whatever we decide to call it) is pretty well-known to the Athosians and Ronon, it'll be pretty simple to get one group started with the treatment, while another group goes out to capture the Pegasus Wolfman and get him back to the village to be treated.

I'm in favor of doing it all on New Athos; having to get them all back to Atlantis might take too long.

I like that! Mr. Big Hunter Ronon would totally go off on his own to try to catch the creature himself!

LMAO!
                                I like the idea of a plague, but we've already had the 'we knew about it and you didn't' sickness in--what was it, Tabula Rasa? It might be more interesting to have it be something nobody heard about, or a disease that is known but rare. So the Athosians can say 'yeah, we know about it' and everybody moves on rather than dwelling on another 'Earth-people-can't-handle-it-plague'.

Maybe part of the suspense of the chase is how Keller and Carson know what they have to get to cure it but going in the woods is dangerous.

I like the idea of Elizabeth/Kanaan sharing a scene. We know she doesn't know him personally based on what she says in GITM (she seemed to imply that she'd only heard Teyla talk of him but didn't know him personally, so maybe doesn't remember him too well from when the Athosians were on Atlantis (neither do most people *lol*).

We're not really going to see the Athosians again when Elizabeth returns unless we come up with a good reason for Kanaan to be involved in one of the episodes post-Lockdown.

What if we have Kanaan be the voice of the Athosians in the Pegasus Coalition? Then we can have him appear in The Pegasus Coalition episode where Elizabeth steps up to represent Atlantis, and they can have a good chat there. It would fit in with him 'empathizing' with her, too, because she's starting to feel uncertain of herself as we lead down to HOM.

Also, food for thought--Remember John's "I hit more than you" game in Sateda? How do John and Kanaan act around each other? I think it might be funny to have a sort of 'I'm more man than you are' thing in the early part of the season (pre-Elizabeth), as though Kanaan's a little jealous of John's being Teyla's commander, and John's a little jealous (solely in a friendly, team-member possessive sense) of Kanaan's influence on Teyla. Would that make sense? *really needs to see Season 5*
                                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Working...
                                X