Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Grrrrr. Anuna is not happy. My 'big' computer just died. Or is nearly ded. We don't know what's going on. We're taking it somewhere to be fixed. *grrrr*
    Oh no! Not happy! *huggles Anuna*
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

kick it. silly 'puter.
      sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
        The music in the first part is from the actual SGA soundtrack.
        Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        The very first music clip is from the SGA soundtrack CD; it's "Weir Speaks," when they're dialing the gate to Atlantis for the first time in Rising.
        *facepalm* This is so shameful. I can remember facts and details of every episode in SG1 and SGA, but I can't remember the music.... DOH!!

Unfinished version of EATG?
        *nods* The one without the special effects in place. The one that leaked on the internet before it aired. It's notable in the scene where Todd speaks to Sheppard in that videolink. There's a blue screen in the back still where later in the editing process the open gate will be inserted.
        And when Atlantis makes the re-entry to land on Earth, there are no visual effects either.

I happen to have that same version on my external harddrive; it's why I recognize it.

And thank you.
        Anything I can do to help...

I did find a few things when I Googled "Craftsman furniture"...
        Oh, there's some pretty awesome stuff there. Very inspiring.

I should do some random photoshopping to mix it with the Lantean interior.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        ...oomph...
        Ah... oomph... not umph...

If we want to stay with the sleek modern look and get away from Ikea, here are some lines to consider. The last one has a number of design collections.
        There is some seriously useful stuff in there... which I think is very fitting for the Ancients. In which case....

FH is our set designer. Any ideas?
        ...the craftsmen has to go to the Athosians, cause I was thinking about giving them lots of woodwork, though incorperated with scraps from what they find lying around on their travels.

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
        *RUNS TO TAKE COLD SHOWER*
        HEY!!! *shrieks* Find your own shower!
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          *facepalm* This is so shameful. I can remember facts and details of every episode in SG1 and SGA, but I can't remember the music.... DOH!!
          Don't worry, it still took me almost a minute to recognize it.

Maybe that'll help me picture it, because right now, the idea of mixing what looks like 60s style furniture in a Frank Lloyd Wright house still isn't working for me.

There is some seriously useful stuff in there... which I think is very fitting for the Ancients. In which case....

...the craftsmen has to go to the Athosians, cause I was thinking about giving them lots of woodwork, though incorperated with scraps from what they find lying around on their travels.
          The Athosian furniture we've seen always seemed rougher to me, not quite as cleanly symmetrical as Craftsman style, though. Woodwork, definitely, just not as precise and detailed. *shrugs*
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Thanks for all the comments on the trailer!

*hugs Irish Eyes* Blasted cable company!

Nah, just some of it. I mean, can anyone really see them lugging all those big heavy white leather upholstered chairs and ottomans and sofas that we always see randomly cluttering the hallways through the Stargate in Rising?

My vote's on either Picardo in the shower *grins at SR* or we give Rachel an encore... maybe as part of Torren's first year ceremony in Episode 4?

*dies laughing at the IKEA comment* So. True. Heh, to be honest, I think the contemporary stuff looks too dated to match with the more classic design motifs favored in the rest of Atlantis's visual design for me to see it as anything that the Ancients themselves used... but stuff brought from Earth, sure.

I'm beginning to wonder if Gero has multiple personalities; one that likes Weir, and one that doesn't like her.
            Ooo, I love that idea! *realizes it means I'll have to write a song* Hmmm... Oh well, it's still a good idea!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
            Good luck!

I watched the trailer--it's very chill inducing (and all I could do was drool over S5 John. I really need to watch it)!

I promised I wouldn't critique, so I won't...but if I can make two suggestions:

1) Is it possible to clip/condense the idea down into a teaser trailer? (typically 30 seconds). This can be done later, I just think it would be cool to have a S6 blitz attack?

2) I know we said no Elizabeth--but I wonder if the last shot should not be a shot of Torri's Elizabeth's eyes popping up--you may actually have to find a clip that works and crop down to just the eye-opening. So close you can't recognize her really unless you really knew Weir. That may give people a tease of what we might be planning without a full on Torri shot.
            *nods* I'd considered the shot of the eyes and I like it, but like you said we'd agreed to not show her, so... That might be something for the teaser trailer though. I like the idea of doing one of those too.

*nods* The one without the special effects in place. The one that leaked on the internet before it aired. It's notable in the scene where Todd speaks to Sheppard in that videolink. There's a blue screen in the back still where later in the editing process the open gate will be inserted.
            And when Atlantis makes the re-entry to land on Earth, there are no visual effects either.

I happen to have that same version on my external harddrive; it's why I recognize it.
            But I didn't use that version. All I used came from the DVDs.

I'd like to see that.

Intriguing preview of the vid, nephtys!
            sigpic
            Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

The Athosian furniture we've seen always seemed rougher to me, not quite as cleanly symmetrical as Craftsman style, though. Woodwork, definitely, just not as precise and detailed. *shrugs*
              Athosian furniture needs to be rough cause they don't have the machinery to make it look all shiny and new, and smooth-like.

But I didn't use that version. All I used came from the DVDs.
              Really... weird.

Now, I have to admit I don't own the finished version, or the DVD's of season 4 or 5. So I could just be seeing things that are just not there.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Ooo, I love that idea! *realizes it means I'll have to write a song* Hmmm... Oh well, it's still a good idea!
                Yup... I want to hear Rachel sing again!

But I'd still love to see Picardo singing in the shower... maybe something from an opera?

*nods* I'd considered the shot of the eyes and I like it, but like you said we'd agreed to not show her, so... That might be something for the teaser trailer though. I like the idea of doing one of those too.
                And like Eri said, it could be a shot that's zoomed in to just her eyes, so it's not immediately apparent that it's Torri's Elizabeth, and viewers wouldn't recognize her unless they knew what to look for. Hiding in plain sight, and all that.

Athosian furniture needs to be rough cause they don't have the machinery to make it look all shiny and new, and smooth-like.
                Or to do the really precise placement of the slats on seat backs, that sort of thing.

Hmm... come to think of it... Remember how we saw the ruins of an Ancient city on Athos in Rising? I can definitely see current Athosian design being related to past Ancient design... while the Ancients used more straight lines and sharp angles, Athosian styles might have evolved into more flowing lines and curves (Craftsman versus, say, something like Art Nouveau, as a possible example). If one were to put a chair or table from each style side by side, one could pick out the similarities, but also see some pretty drastic differences. 'Tis a thought.

Comment

Southern Red, I don't believe that I was around for the Robert Picardo/Woolsey singing conversation you speak of. But I think I get the image. Not sure about naked, wet Woolsey in the shower though...

Why did I get a flash of Gero curled up in a corner with a picture of Elizabeth hissing "my preccciiiooouuusssssss"?
                  I always thought Keller was Gero's precioussssss. She gives him the terrible power to drive fans crazy with her presence.

<geeky tangent>

This makes me want to play with the concept of the Stargate(s) being Stargate Command's/the expedition's/Earth's metaphorical 'ring of power' of sorts -- it is pretty damn powerful being able to access all those worlds so easily (if I recall correctly, Arda itself was called 'Morgoth's ring' in Tolkien's mythology). Especially when the question comes up if the Atlantis Expedition has done more harm than good in Pegasus. After all, they try to good things for the galaxy, but in the process of doing so, they've set off a series of terrible events (waking the Wraith is the prime example) that affects all the peoples to Pegasus. I think the concept certainly applies.

</end geeky tangent>

Hmm... come to think of it... Remember how we saw the ruins of an Ancient city on Athos in Rising? I can definitely see current Athosian design being related to past Ancient design... while the Ancients used more straight lines and sharp angles, Athosian styles might have evolved into more flowing lines and curves (Craftsman versus, say, something like Art Nouveau, as a possible example). If one were to put a chair or table from each style side by side, one could pick out the similarities, but also see some pretty drastic differences. 'Tis a thought.
                  I always imagined that the Athosians would have a more 'organic' style of design as opposed to the Ancients' angular, geometric architecture. But Falcon Horus has a good practical point -- the Athosians don't have the same resources as the Ancients did, so theirs would naturally be less polished and more rustic.

Weren't the Athosians more technologically advanced, way back when? (Or am I dreaming that up?) If so, we could assume that they had a permanent settlement (or was it the Athos Ancient city). That would be an interesting set location to design (maybe in s7, but I think I may be getting a little far ahead). Then it would be fun to truly differentiate Ancient design vs Athosian design.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                    Southern Red, I don't believe that I was around for the Robert Picardo/Woolsey singing conversation you speak of. But I think I get the image. Not sure about naked, wet Woolsey in the shower though...
                    But it's the comedy! Surely you see teh funniez in it!

I always thought Keller was Gero's precioussssss. She gives him the terrible power to drive fans crazy with her presence.

<geeky tangent>

This makes me want to play with the concept of the Stargate(s) being Stargate Command's/the expedition's/Earth's metaphorical 'ring of power' of sorts -- it is pretty damn powerful being able to access all those worlds so easily (if I recall correctly, Arda itself was called 'Morgoth's ring' in Tolkien's mythology). Especially when the question comes up if the Atlantis Expedition has done more harm than good in Pegasus. After all, they try to good things for the galaxy, but in the process of doing so, they've set off a series of terrible events (waking the Wraith is the prime example) that affects all the peoples to Pegasus. I think the concept certainly applies.

</end geeky tangent>
                    *snickers*

Inquisition touches on the issue of the expedition sometimes doing more harm than good with their power, and we're aiming to continue working with that idea by making the Pegasus Coalition such a big part of the story arc with the Wraith. Oh yes we are, precioussss...

I always imagined that the Athosians would have a more 'organic' style of design as opposed to the Ancients' angular, geometric architecture. But Falcon Horus has a good practical point -- the Athosians don't have the same resources as the Ancients did, so theirs would naturally be less polished and more rustic.
                    Yup, definitely. Digging around in the GW gallery, I found these shots of Charin's tent from The Gift... pic 1 pic 2

Weren't the Athosians more technologically advanced, way back when? (Or am I dreaming that up?) If so, we could assume that they had a permanent settlement (or was it the Athos Ancient city). That would be an interesting set location to design (maybe in s7, but I think I may be getting a little far ahead). Then it would be fun to truly differentiate Ancient design vs Athosian design.
                    Based on Teyla's comments in Rising, I also got the impression that the Athosians were more technologically advanced in the past (and that much of it had been destroyed in Wraith cullings), and that the Ancient city on Athos was inhabited by the Athosians' ancestors. Though I could swear that someone mentioned at some point in the early episodes that after the Athosians evacuated to Atlantis, Athos had been razed in retaliation by the Wraith, which means the city is probably nothing more than rubble now. Of course, there could still be a portion underground, service tunnels, storage rooms and the like, that might still be accessible... Hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                      Grrrrr. Anuna is not happy. My 'big' computer just died. Or is nearly ded. We don't know what's going on. We're taking it somewhere to be fixed. *grrrr*
                      Noooo. I hate when that happens.

Anything I can do to help...

Ah... oomph... not umph...

HEY!!! *shrieks* Find your own shower!
                      I was thinking the same thing. That the craftsman matches with the Athosians much better than the Ancients. I guess it's hard for me to imagine the Ancients with anything other than the sleek look they showed us. Lack of imagination on my part. But I'd love to see a new concept. I remember this table
                      Spoiler:
                      in TLB which made me wonder if they found a Pennsylvania House outlet in the Pegasus Galaxy. And then the bed
                      Spoiler:
                      in The Kindred I which was very organic and actually made sense for the Athosians.

<geeky tangent>

</end geeky tangent>

See my example above of the organic Athosian style. ITA with that idea. The problem with the Ancients is we don't know what style they favored except for the monochromatic outfits. I guess from that we can surmise that they went for very plain neutral furniture with a practical look. They didn't seem to lean toward frills. But the stained glass windows were a nice touch.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Whew, I made it home in one piece. It's nasty out there! Anyways, SK did I mention I'm a millwright. I'm good with a torch and a decent welder. Just call me when those steel frames need assembly. SR I may have to borrow Probie to get me stuff for the job. Things like MiG wire, torch tips, grinders, coffee, etc.

With singing, it would be cool to see Teyla singing "Que Sera, Sera" to her son. And I could see Woolsey breaking out a mean "Sweet Transvestite" (from the Rocky Horror Picture Show) in a funny Halloween episode.
                        "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Whew, I made it home in one piece. It's nasty out there! Anyways, SK did I mention I'm a millwright. I'm good with a torch and a decent welder. Just call me when those steel frames need assembly. SR I may have to borrow Probie to get me stuff for the job. Things like MiG wire, torch tips, grinders, coffee, etc.

With singing, it would be cool to see Teyla singing "Que Sera, Sera" to her son. And I could see Woolsey breaking out a mean "Sweet Transvestite" (from the Rocky Horror Picture Show) in a funny Halloween episode.
                          Where is that French girl anyway? You can have her all next week as I'll be away but she will also have to manage the office in my absence. I will be checking in from time to time but will have to rely on hubby's iTouch to get online. Needless to say my posts will be short. I guess I'll have to bring her a present for all the extra work. *thinks* Okay, Mickey Mouse ears should do it. Or maybe a Margaritaville tee shirt from Key West?

And thank you for that image of Woolsey. Now I'll never get to sleep tonight.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Where is that French girl anyway? You can have her all next week as I'll be away but she will also have to manage the office in my absence. I will be checking in from time to time but will have to rely on hubby's iTouch to get online. Needless to say my posts will be short. I guess I'll have to bring her a present for all the extra work. *thinks* Okay, Mickey Mouse ears should do it. Or maybe a Margaritaville tee shirt from Key West?

And thank you for that image of Woolsey. Now I'll never get to sleep tonight.
                            Cool Thanks. If it helps. you can always imagine Shep doing the Time Warp. (I'm sure all the pelvic thrusts would drive the gals insa-a-a-ane)
                            Last edited by pkprd869; 05 February 2010, 07:25 PM.
                            "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Cool Thanks. If it helps. you can always imagine Shep doing the Time Warp. (I'm sure all the pelvic thrusts would drive the gals insa-a-a-ane)
                              I just had to come out of hiding and comment on that! John Sheppard as Frank-n-Furter!!! They must have stumbled onto some whacked out mushroom planet for that one!!!
                              (Dammit, Janet, but those pelvic thrusts really would drive me wild...)
                              sigpic

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. That the craftsman matches with the Athosians much better than the Ancients. I guess it's hard for me to imagine the Ancients with anything other than the sleek look they showed us. Lack of imagination on my part. But I'd love to see a new concept. I remember this table
                                Spoiler:
                                in TLB which made me wonder if they found a Pennsylvania House outlet in the Pegasus Galaxy. And then the bed
                                Spoiler:
                                in The Kindred I which was very organic and actually made sense for the Athosians.

See my example above of the organic Athosian style. ITA with that idea. The problem with the Ancients is we don't know what style they favored except for the monochromatic outfits. I guess from that we can surmise that they went for very plain neutral furniture with a practical look. They didn't seem to lean toward frills. But the stained glass windows were a nice touch.
                                The bed in The Kindred is definitely more what I had in mind for the Athosians. Craftsman furniture has a sleeker look in comparison; crisp, clean lines, though made of organic materials. Kind of a middle ground, actually. I see the Ancient style as taking those clean lines and making them out of equally sleek materials, to make them light and airy to match the soaring towers and bright stained glass.

Yeah, that sounds so pie in the sky.

*shudders at the image of RHPS Woolsey* I think I've just been scarred for life!

Comment

Working...
                                X