Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    Today is a big day. I know it' s not my job but....Tonight: Fiesta en la Sparky casa (homie, you make me want to speak in spanish).
    In France and some countries in Europe is "La chandeleur". I don't know if you have this in your country (Groundhog Day but it's not the same.)
    You have to come to our fiesta. All the actors will be there. The only thing you have to do during this, it is eating this. Link 1 link 2
    And don't forget a coin. No I don't take money.
    "In France, Candlemas (French: La Chandeleur) is celebrated with crêpes, which must be eaten only after eight p.m. If the cook can flip a crêpe while holding a coin in the other hand, the family is assured of prosperity throughout the coming year" (Thank you Wikipédia lol)
    I've never heard about this! It sounds a bit like pancake day in Ireland. But that is on the 16th February this year...

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      Thank you!

Alright...to keep this brainstorming going, how about we move onto a slow episode-by-episode discussion session?

The Sparky Season 6 community, which you can find at the link below my sig picture, has places for people to comment, or you can comment here. It's an open journal community, so you don't have to be a member to read the background stories. You do have to be an approved member to comment at the journal, however you can post your thoughts here and I'll transfer them.

Since not everyone has seen through all 5 seasons, we'll be relying on those who have to fill in blanks.

Right now, I'd like to open discussion on our Season 6 premiere, working title "The Return to Pegasus".

Right now we need:

Writers
      Title

You've seen the general premise--now we need to hammer this out--and this is one we need to hammer out well, with all writers understanding the entire build of this episode, since so many will refer back to it during their own episodes.

As the set-up for our season, it's also the set of episodes that will drive the Wraith storyline, the Pegasus coalition storyline, and the emotions of our characters for Season 6. For me, this is the most important episode for us to all be on the same page for.

As such, I have one limitation to this episode--only a person (or people) who have seen every episode of Atlantis can qualify as a writer for this story. I think we'll need their understanding to push forward.

Also, our editors/fact-checkers are important here. Whenever an idea is 'brainstormed', let us know if any facts or details have been overlooked or are wrong. This will be about as important as the actual writing.

So, starting now, discussion on "Return to Pegasus" is open.
      Excellent. I don't want to be a writer for this but I have seen every episode at least twice and will fact check/edit as needed. I'll be away on Feb 8-17 but will dive back in when I get back. Probie will handle the office and collect any showrunner type questions.

Today is a big day. I know it' s not my job but....Tonight: Fiesta en la Sparky casa (homie, you make me want to speak in spanish).
      In France and some countries in Europe is "La chandeleur". I don't know if you have this in your country (Groundhog Day but it's not the same.)
      You have to come to our fiesta. All the actors will be there. The only thing you have to do during this, it is eating this. Link 1 link 2
      "In France, Candlemas (French: La Chandeleur) is celebrated with crêpes, which must be eaten only after eight p.m. If the cook can flip a crêpe while holding a coin in the other hand, the family is assured of prosperity throughout the coming year" (Thank you Wikipédia lol)
      I can eat crepes and I can flip a crepe with a coin in the other hand. Wanna see?
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Oh, now that's just unfair! I'm sitting at my computer at lunch right now eating a salad. I wanna crepe!
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

In France and some countries in Europe is "La chandeleur".
          In Italy is called "Candelora". It's mainly a religious day, the day when Jesus was brought to the Temple. It's the day of candles blessing, it's the day of Maria's purification (tradition: 40 days after giving birth to a child, women had to be purified).
          In celtic tradition it was the day of passage from winter to spring.
          Considering how still cold is in Italy this year, I would say winter's not over yet.

I'm a little sad today, I need some Atlantis to cheer me up. Have 3 music videos in my mind, I guess I will need to start to work on one of them to get some comfort ... have also a short fic in mind ... problem is connect my mind to my hands and get what I want on my pc. Need a computer who can be controlled telepathically, damn it!

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
            I've never heard about this! It sounds a bit like pancake day in Ireland. But that is on the 16th February this year...
            It's the same thing I think.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Excellent. I don't want to be a writer for this but I have seen every episode at least twice and will fact check/edit as needed. I'll be away on Feb 8-17 but will dive back in when I get back. Probie will handle the office and collect any showrunner type questions.

I can eat crepes and I can flip a crepe with a coin in the other hand. Wanna see?
            Mom, you will be proud of me when you will be back. Don't worry. Your office and jos are safe with me.....I hope.

And YES I want to see it.

Oh, now that's just unfair! I'm sitting at my computer at lunch right now eating a salad. I wanna crepe!
            It's my menu for tomorrow. I will take 8 pounds tonight. Tomorrow=salad
            I can send you crepe if you want.

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
            In Italy is called "Candelora". It's mainly a religious day, the day when Jesus was brought to the Temple. It's the day of candles blessing, it's the day of Maria's purification (tradition: 40 days after giving birth to a child, women had to be purified).
            In celtic tradition it was the day of passage from winter to spring.
            Considering how still cold is in Italy this year, I would say winter's not over yet.

I'm a little sad today, I need some Atlantis to cheer me up. Have 3 music videos in my mind, I guess I will need to start to work on one of them to get some comfort ... have also a short fic in mind ... problem is connect my mind to my hands and get what I want on my pc. Need a computer who can be controlled telepathically, damn it!
            It's also a religious day but food is more important in France.lol
            *hugs you*
            sigpic
            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Didn't know about Sony Vegas Movie Studio ... I use Corel Video Studio Pro, is Sony better? I'm searching for a program with more filters and transitions
              I took an evening class in Adobe Premiere, but due to my computer being unable to properly run Premiere I had to go back to MovieMaker until someone pointed me towards Sony Vegas. It's similar to Premiere... with lots of features. The first time I opened it, I got lost though. So I learn as I go.

As such, I have one limitation to this episode--only a person (or people) who have seen every episode of Atlantis can qualify as a writer for this story. I think we'll need their understanding to push forward.
              That would make me more than qualified since I've seen every episode at least as many times as there are main characters in it. And some a little more than that.

But I'm not going to volunteer for a writer's job... I'll stick to finding the continuity errors and the facts on the show itself. Like Zelenka not having the Ancient Gene because his therapy failed. It didn't stick.

Also, our editors/fact-checkers are important here. Whenever an idea is 'brainstormed', let us know if any facts or details have been overlooked or are wrong. This will be about as important as the actual writing.
              See above.

Oh, now I know why I'm invited to my grandmother's house for pancakes... *the proverbial coin drops*
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It's the same thing I think.

Mom, you will be proud of me when you will be back. Don't worry. Your office and jos are safe with me.....I hope.

And YES I want to see it.

It's my menu for tomorrow. I will take 8 pounds tonight. Tomorrow=salad
                I can send you crepe if you want.

It's also a religious day but food is more important in France.lol
                *hugs you*
                I'm all for pancake day since it's on my birthday. Maybe I'll have pancakes for my birthday. I'll be celebrating in Key West so key lime pancakes would not be out of the question. Or just skip the pancakes and have pie.
                sigpic

Comment

Can you help me remember which episodes show Elizabeth in offworld missions (especially with black uniform) or in combat mode?
                  Up to now, I remember:
                  The Long Goodbye - The Return - Submersion - Lifeline - This Mortal Coil
                  What else? My mind goes black today ...

Comment

The beginning of The Defiant One has Rodney learning and John being all tense and yelling. I think he'd be a bit more gentle with Elizabeth and apologize for yelling.
                    Can you help me remember which episodes show Elizabeth in offworld missions (especially with black uniform) or in combat mode?
                    Up to now, I remember:
                    The Long Goodbye - The Return - Submersion - Lifeline - This Mortal Coil
                    What else? My mind goes black today ...
                    She went 'offworld' or away from Atlantis in: (note, if she's in BDUS I'll say BDU; otherwise, it's her standard offworld attire, Grey Pants and Grey Jacket with maroon panels, which I'll call 'Weir wear' or she's doing something diplomatic/civilian, in which case it's casual clothes or her leadership uniform). This is from my head mostly, so apologize for any errors...

- Home (Weir Wear)
                    - Before I Sleep (Weir Wear--just for the brief time she was in the jumper; Ancient Attire)
                    - Siege II (tied up being interrogated by Genii--Weir Wear)
                    - Intruder (just a passenger on the Daedalus, so standard Leadership Red and Blacks, no combat)
                    - Condemned (to negotiate and find Sheppard's team--Weir Wear)
                    - Epiphany (to help track down John--Weir Wear)
                    - Inferno (to negotiate--Weir Wear)
                    - Allies, No Man's Land, Misbegotten (diplomatic call-back to Earth, standard Red and Blacks)
                    - Progeny (to negotiate--Weir Wear, but with a full TAC vest)
                    - TRW (so to speak, it's all hospital gowns and citizen wear)
                    - This Mortal Coil (Weir Wear - she looked smokin' hot in it, too)

Combat Mode

- TLG (Red and Black with a TAC vest WITH P-90)
                    - The Return, Parts I & II: BDUS with ARG gun
                    - Submersion (she was in BDUs, no gun)
                    - Lifeline (BDUS, no gun)
                    - Be All My Sins Remember'd (Black Leather Weir Wear, no gun)

Comment

Here goes another 'hello thread I am alive' posts of mine. Go about your usual business while I am catching up, and please, point me ind irection of potentially important stuff.
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

She went 'offworld' or away from Atlantis in: (note, if she's in BDUS I'll say BDU; otherwise, it's her standard offworld attire, Grey Pants and Grey Jacket with maroon panels, which I'll call 'Weir wear' or she's doing something diplomatic/civilian, in which case it's casual clothes or her leadership uniform). This is from my head mostly, so apologize for any errors
                        This was exactly what I needed ... thanks so much for your help!!!

Comment

I'm all for pancake day since it's on my birthday. Maybe I'll have pancakes for my birthday. I'll be celebrating in Key West so key lime pancakes would not be out of the question. Or just skip the pancakes and have pie.
                          When it's your birthday, mom? I can't miss it.

I ate too much. My belly will explode in 2 seconds.......1......2....BOUM!!!!!!
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                            Here goes another 'hello thread I am alive' posts of mine. Go about your usual business while I am catching up, and please, point me ind irection of potentially important stuff.
                            We are starting comments on the first episode for S6.

When it's your birthday, mom? I can't miss it.

I ate too much. My belly will explode in 2 seconds.......1......2....BOUM!!!!!!
                            Feb 16. I want a big cake. Having someone jump out of it is optional. Candles are not necessary. We don't want to set off the smoke alarm.
                            sigpic

Comment

We are starting comments on the first episode for S6.

Feb 16. I want a big cake. Having someone jump out of it is optional. Candles are not necessary. We don't want to set off the smoke alarm.
                              *PSST* PROBIE! *PSST*

Didn't you negotiate somewhere in Joe's contract that he has to be the one in the cake?

Comment

*PSST* PROBIE! *PSST*

Didn't you negotiate somewhere in Joe's contract that he has to be the one in the cake?
                                I heard that. Ahem.

Spoiler:
                                Squee!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X