Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
    You did that yourself? Wow. My favourite part is :25-:39
    Yep, but I can't get the transition smoothly. There is no way I can play the whole thing in one go, because I'm not a very good piano player...

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Ha, I love the blog entry SR.

As for the trailer, I think using just one brief clip of Elizabeth at the end of the trailer, as the 'climax' of sorts (the 'dun-dun-dun' moment, as you put it). Either a close-up of her eyes or her face. Maybe in slo-mo and with the sound drained out. I've always been fond of just a little glimpse in trailers (HATE trailers that outright spoil everything.)

Damn, this makes me wish my video-editing program because I have ideas of my own I would like to try!
      I like this idea of yours and nephtys; I'd kind of played around with the idea of doing something like that before, and now I think I'm going to do it. Thanks!

*gets very excited imagining it*

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
      Hah, now it works. Maybe it only takes complete themes?
      Viola, the Sparky-Theme!
      (I'm so inspired today I could burst with creative energy...)

EDIT: Sorry for the double-post!
      Ooo, that's really pretty!

Congrats on the promotion, Probie!
      sigpic
      Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
        Yep, but I can't get the transition smoothly. There is no way I can play the whole thing in one go, because I'm not a very good piano player...
        Oh, you can play far better than I can.

Oh, and I have a Sparky song to share. Love Remains The Same.

I think it fits them very well.

Comment

Oh, you can play far better than I can.
          I can only play stuff I made up myself...
          Maybe slightly more smooth. (I had to delete the first version in order to upload the new one.)
          Someone make a Sparky Season 6 preview video with this theme, please? *bats eyelashes*
          Attached Files

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            I have trailer music available if you need it - Immediate Music, X-Ray Dog or Audio Machine.
            Really? I just might have to take you up on that. Have anything sort of 'Lux Aeterna'-esque? Kind of fast paced and epic in nature?
            Last edited by Erin87; 31 January 2010, 11:32 AM.
            sigpic
            Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
              ETA: SR the sartorialist in me must ask is the grey a light grey or dark grey like a charcoal? I think light grey would be fine, but a darker grey would be a bit drab in sunny Florida. I would go with the Khaki (I assume you mean color) or some kind of off white. Unless your grey trousers are cut differently than your lighter colred ones, it probably won't play down your hips. It's more about cut than color if one wants to accent or down play a feature.
              Maybe I'll just wear jeans. That whole business about the clothes was a take off on a certain blogger. Evidently I need to be more obvious.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I found a song for Elizabeth which is very inspiring!!! I'm going to start a new video, Elizabeth centric, with hints of Sparky ... God I love that song, but I won't tell you which one it is. Surprise

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                  Really? I just might have to take you up on that. Have anything sort of 'Lux Aeterna'-esque? Kind of fast paced and epic in nature?
                  Do you know E.S. Posthumus music? Tell me the trailer's lenght and I could cut the right music for you

P.S.: Example --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wio1vJt1Ig
                  Last edited by nephtys59; 31 January 2010, 11:52 AM.

Comment

I deleted my post above because I'm sure GW doesn't want me posting musics here that isn't my own.

So, nothing to see here! *handwaves*

But I have some music that you might want to use -- if you're interested, drop me a line though I'm sure you've found something by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                      All three have epic and adventure as a theme... Immediate Music has a whole CD full of epic and adventure alone.

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                      Do you know E.S. Posthumus music? Tell me the trailer's lenght and I could cut the right music for you
                      And have them too. Their songs are named after archaeological sites in the world.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

FH I have Unearthed and Cartographer albums, I love them both!!!

Comment

FH I have Unearthed and Cartographer albums, I love them both!!!
                          I only own Unearthed. I wasn't aware of Cartographer's existence.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday! And once again, lazy seems to be quite a misnomer, as everyone's buzzing around!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            We can all do a blog and post piccies. Overwhelm our fans with all the glorious trivia of our exciting lives.
                            LOL!

Not to mention how we overwhelmed the servers for the first time and this thread went viral. Maybe success scared him. LOL
                            *snerks*

Just one idea came to my mind about a way to fight Elizabeth's nanites.
                            John Sheppard during TRW wasn't attacked by them when he touched Elizabeth, because "they were too focused on her", he says. But ... what if it was Sheppard's ATA gene to keep them far from him?

This might be a way to:
                            - inject Elizabeth with a boosted ATA gene to cure her and slowly start to kill her nanites
                            - provide her with the ability to use the ancient technology, but ... at first THIS is what causes Elizabeth to connect to the city and lock it down
                            In the end, after a lot of trouble, nanites die, Elizabeth is saved, and she keeps the ATA gene
                            What do you think about it?

P.S.: ATA's gene capability to keep nanites down could be a failsafe created by the Ancients to avoid being infected by nanites against their will ...
                            Hmm, you may have something there...

I just spent a few minutes trying on different pairs of slack in preparation for packing for vacay. I'm leaning toward the basic goes-with-everything black in a perfect- for- the- weather- in- Florida cotton. But the gray ones also exude a certain je ne sais quoi plus the added bonus of making my hips look smaller. Then there is the ever popular khaki. Hmm? Perhaps the larger suitcase and all 3 because you know there will be so many opportunities for casual dining in both Orlando and Key West and I wouldn't want to be underdressed. Now to look at tops, jackets and sweaters. Plus matching scarves and jewelry.

Mr. SR says he's good to go with the Virginia Tech sweatshirt and jeans. How to convince him that as consort of an important showrunner such as I, he must look a little more GQ? Why is he pointing at JF?
                            *dies laughing*

So blog your day. With pics. What perfume are you wearing? What did you have for lunch? Do you have snow? Me, I just did my early online checkin at our Disney resort. These have got to be the most organized people on the face of the planet. They put me to shame. I want them to come and just run my life. *OMG!flails*
                            Goodness yes, Disney just pwns everyone else when it comes to event organizing. Well, at least at Walt Disney World. It's been kind of hit or miss at events located at Disneyland. Though admittedly, all the ones I've attended have been a hit.

And here's an important thing: Do you guys realize that this whole season 6 thing was basically Joe Flanigan's idea? Remember the conversation he had with SK at the Burbank con? She has all the details but essentially he said if we could come up with the money he was ready to do our version of S6. There was even talk of rescuing Elizabeth and an in person woobie face. So we just want to thank Joe for the great idea and look at us go with it! *ebil laugh*
                            God Bless Joe Flanigan!

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                            I like the titles, though some were used by SG-1 like FH mentioned. (e.g. Evolution, Frozen.) Might I suggest the following:

Episode 3 - Sympathy for the Devil
                            Episode 5 - Cold Shoulder (Maybe if we go humor, the folks there are super shy?)
                            Episode 6 - Missing Link
                            Episode 8 - The Sect (Love it, maybe Anathema as an alternative depending how the episode goes.)
                            Episode 12 - Trojan (Trope playing on "Trojan Horse" [Elizabeth's feelings sneaking in and creating havoc) and the "Trojan" computer virus.]
                            Episode 13 - Found In Translation (Love it!)
                            Episode 16 - Words and Deeds
                            Episode 17 - Torment Of The Soul (How about Soul's Lament to avoid SG-1 similarity?)
                            Episode 18 - Sympathy (If y'all like Sympathy for the Devil, how about Sensitive?)
                            Episode 20 - I like Extinction (I like it too.)
                            I love ALL of those suggestions. My faves have got to be Sympathy for the Devil, Cold Shoulder, Trojan, and nephtys's Found in Translation.

And I am heading... back to work on the S1-5 timeline. *waves*
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*sniff* Finally saw Adrift.....and
                              you all know that I adore Elizabeth....but GRRRRRR.....I'm SO mad at Rodney....I understand the inclination toward not wanting her to die and all but .....ugh....*sigh*....
                              I can't even articulate it.....(and I know I knew what was going to happen already but still.....I kinda wish John and decked him)
                              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                              sigpic

Comment

Ok sparkies, I need help. I've been developing notes for "Run Through the Jungle" and need some help. Like what to name the people on the planet. I'm terrible with that stuff. Oh, and I'm having trouble deciding on what the aliens want from Atlantis. Something funny like 5,234 tons of green M & M's or something serious like medicines? I'll have to go rewatch "Inquisition" (Always reminds me of "History of the World Part I" with that title) to prepare for Lizzie vs. PC story.
                                "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Working...
                                X