No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Sparky Season 6 is becoming more and more interesting.
    Think a trailer video is needed ... I volunteer to create it, if you want it.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      You name your lows? We only name our hurricanes.
      Yep! And until a few years ago all the lows would have female names and the highs would have male names. Then some stupid feminist came and complained that all the bad weather had female names and the good weather male names. Now they alternate every year.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      True, that. Sure wouldn't mind seeing a tropical rain forest... At least they did a desert a couple of times.

Or maybe an all-water planet... (And if anyone makes any Waterworld or Gungan/Jar-Jar Binks jokes, I WILL KILL THEM. SLOWLY. )
      They could arrive in nice weather and then suddenly, on the second day or so, they get surprised by a snow storm.

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

so i saw that John and Elizabeth Edwards Split so im guessing not every couple name John and Elizabeth are mean't to be together.

Comment

*emerald_day drops in*

Hey there sparkies how are you all?

I wish I could have been more active on the forum and this tread but I just have been so busy and my school and stuff. It´s always nice to come back and feel welcomed Lately I have been trying to work on my sparky fanfiction but it has been going kinda slow for me because I´m a bit rusty when it comes to writing and I kinda have a writers-block anyway I hope I´ll finish it someday it´s my very first attempt at a chapter story.

Here is something I have been working on for a while it´s a banner but be warned it´s a bit dark themed, it´s an Elizabeth banner resolving around the Replicator nanites in her body. The lyrics on the banner is a song from Within Temptation and the songs name is: It´s the Fear. I thought the song fitted well for this.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...ar-banner1.jpg

I hope you´ll like it even though it´s dark.

*gives everyone a bear hug*

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
            This Sparky Season 6 is becoming more and more interesting.
            Think a trailer video is needed ... I volunteer to create it, if you want it.
            Erin is doing one and, as I said above, anyone else is welcome to join in also.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            so i saw that John and Elizabeth Edwards Split so im guessing not every couple name John and Elizabeth are mean't to be together.
            Well, since John Sheppard is not a lying cheating sack of excrement, I doubt our John and Elizabeth will end up split.

Originally posted by emerald_day View Post
            *emerald_day drops in*

Hey there sparkies how are you all?

I wish I could have been more active on the forum and this tread but I just have been so busy and my school and stuff. It´s always nice to come back and feel welcomed Lately I have been trying to work on my sparky fanfiction but it has been going kinda slow for me because I´m a bit rusty when it comes to writing and I kinda have a writers-block anyway I hope I´ll finish it someday it´s my very first attempt at a chapter story.

Here is something I have been working on for a while it´s a banner but be warned it´s a bit dark themed, it´s an Elizabeth banner resolving around the Replicator nanites in her body. The lyrics on the banner is a song from Within Temptation and the songs name is: It´s the Fear. I thought the song fitted well for this.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...ar-banner1.jpg

I hope you´ll like it even though it´s dark.

*gives everyone a bear hug*
            Beautiful work on the banner. Hope you can come and play with S6.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Considering the baby-wraith Queen idea I proposed has not been taken into consideration for Season 6, would you mind if I use it for my fanfic? I've decided that I might try and write in English once again ...

Comment

Considering the baby-wraith Queen idea I proposed has not been taken into consideration for Season 6, would you mind if I use it for my fanfic? I've decided that I might try and write in English once again ...
                That story is covered in sparky season 6 , our comm. Scroll down under unworked story ideas. Eri just hasn't decided where it fits in the timeline yet.

Memo to all Sparkies: I'll be out of the office most of today with RL considerations. I'll catch up on your posts later today or tonight.
                sigpic

Comment

Beautiful work on the banner. Hope you can come and play with S6.
                  Aww, thank you *hug*

I would love to join but what is it that you guys are doing for season 6, I have been kinda out of touch here so I don´t know what has been happening here, anybody care to inlighten me some more. I like the sound of Sparky season 6 great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                    Guys, I know I think Falcon Horus had mentioned little teaser trailers before, and I don't know much about who was planning on claiming that job when we get to it, but would it be okay if I went ahead and made a trailer for the whole season in general? I've got the first part at least pretty much planned out.
                    I'd love a trailer, but why not wait till we have all episodes? That way you won't go through all the trouble of making one only to find we've done a 180 on one of the storylines.

You are welcome to take it back if you want! Just let me know. I honestly don't know much about the Wraith/Todd development from Season 5 so until someone can tie that idea into how we'd evolve from canon, I'm not sure how to put it in.
                    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by emerald_day View Post
                      Aww, thank you *hug*

I would love to join but what is it that you guys are doing for season 6, I have been kinda out of touch here so I don´t know what has been happening here, anybody care to inlighten me some more. I like the sound of Sparky season 6 great idea.
                      LoL. That would take longer than I have to explain. Our LJ comm pretty much has it all. We're having fun living in a fantasy world right now. Check out our jobs list and see where you fit or come up with a new one. I'm the showrunner and Eri is the episode planner. She does the hard work. I have meetings and make up emails.
                      sigpic

Comment

Points of business!!! This is our episode list so far, and I think it's pretty good, but as I was thinking about it, I noticed we're missing one key essential ingredient to anything Atlantis oriented (also thanks to the episodes of SGA I watched last night): WRAITH.

Episodes 1 & 2: The Return to Pegasus
                        Episode 3: Torren's Christening/Threat to the Athosians (Writer: Erin)
                        Episode 4: Welcome to Hoth (Writer: SouthernRed)
                        Episode 5:
                        Episode 6
                        Episode 7: Box of Dreams (Writer: Anuna)
                        Episode 8
                        Episode 9
                        Episodes 10: Primum Movens, Part I (Writer: Erika)
                        Episodes 11: Primum Movens, Part II (Writer: Erika)
                        Episode 12: Lockdown: (Writer: Drewandian)
                        Episode 13: Elizabeth, the translator (Writer: Erika)
                        Episode 14:
                        Episode 15
                        Episode 16: Run Through the Jungle (Writer: pkprd869)
                        Episode 17: John Mental Torture episode! (Writer: Anuna)
                        Episode 18:
                        Episode 19: Ronon, the Empath (Writer: Southern Red)
                        Episode 20: House of Mirrors (Writer: Scary Kitty)
                        Episodes 21-22: LOST

So I have a proposal, based on an idea I've been mulling around for a while (long before SSS) and which I think can fill out the remainder of our season.

The season as a whole and how the Wraith can impact it (the baby Queen storyline may be worked in here somewhere as well):

Spoiler:
                        Moving the Christening episode down one, we have our 3rd episode be the team dealing with what to do with Todd. My guess is we have to find a way to let him go.

Episode 6 is a sorta 'standalone' dedicated to a new twist on the Wraith--a planet where our team encounters Wraith whose ancestors were stranded for hundreds of thousands of years. After killing the humans on the planet, the Wraith were forced to evolve into a species which is capable of dual feeding--both by eating food and by absorbing the energy through their feeding hand. This is a story vaguely similar to the SGA novel "Entanglement", but in our case it's evolution of the Wraith rather than an AU timeline. In this episode, our guys are presented with an interesting chance to do something about the Wraith similar to the retrovirus, but in a way that doesn't require complete evolution of the Wraith into humans. Beckett/Keller begin research into it.

Episode 8 brings in people we've never seen before--the Wraith worshippers. Maybe Team Atlantis stumbles upon a seemingly nice planet where the people are a little suspect. They're suffering from lack of food; Team Atlantis opts to help them in exchange for Stargate addresses. when they visit one, however, they are surprised to find that the people of that planet fear those who come through the gate as 'the shadows' or some such, who take children in the night. The original planet is discovered to be kidnappers, who take people for Wraith sacrifice. However, by the end we discover that the sacrifices haven't been working, since the Wraith haven't been coming. This is a first sign the main Wraith are weakening.

Episode 9: The Pegasus Coalition comes calling, letting Atlantis know that the tide is turning in the battle against the Wraith. This can take into account whatever we decide brought Atlantis back to Pegasus--maybe in those first episodes, Atlantis and the Daedalus, Apollo, etc help fight a major battle which seriously weakened Wraith numbers. I'm not sure if this is feasible--those who have seen through Season 5 let me know--but the Coalition wants to start planting nuclear devices (finally finished by our friends the Genii) on potential planets with Hive ships and Wraith connections. Atlantis disapproves this move for whatever reason...too many human lives at stake, etc, etc.

Todd comes in with an opinion against this option, wanting instead to continue the medical route. Beckett/Keller have found that half-evolving the wraith like the race from Episode 6 is a workable option. The new race created, dubbed the "Irati" (twist on the Iratus bug name), will have to make a moral choice as to whether they'll feed on humans or not. This story can be played ad nauseum forever. Atlantis isn't all that thrilled about agreeing with a Wraith, etc, but it presents an alternative to blowing everything up, as the Coalition wants to do. Those who have seen Season 5--please flesh this out!

In this episode, we are also told of a strange occurrence, by either Todd or the Coalition--the razing of planets in certain parts of the galaxy. Maybe the Coalition thinks it's Wraith-caused, which is why they're itching to start blowing things up. No one can figure out who or what is doing that, until, in the final few scenes, Atlantis discovers that all the planets are neutronium heavy--used for Replicators. This immediately causes concern and they check the space gate through which Franibeth was gated--and find her missing. This leads into Primum Movens.

I've moved "Run through the Jungle" to episode 15 to give Elizabeth a few more diplomatic offworld experiences under her belt before...

...Episode 16 shows her suiting up to become Atlantis's representative with the Pegasus Coalition. She is there to address whatever moves are being made against the Wraith in whatever way. In this case, we get our first occurrence of Elizabeth meeting Todd, and perhaps our first occurrence of Elizabeth reuniting with Ladon Radim. Discussion ensues. There can be some sort of premeditated attack on the Wraith in this one, which is our action portion. This can be a small attack that is resolved within the episode, but it stages part of where Season 7 can go. Elizabeth will also be very torn about what's going on, feeling the pressure (a throwback to TRW, too) leading more into HOM.

I've altered the timeline a little to move up Ronon's empath episode and House of Mirrors to episodes 18 & 19. I did this to give Elizabeth one recovery episode after her breakdown, and to allow episode 20 to be a good penultimate cliffhanger--somehow, we've got to address the developments of the Pegasus coalition, the war with the Wraith, the potential retrovirus, Todd. All these things need to be sorta 'wrapped' in the sense that they don't leave the audience going 'wait a MINUTE! You've got another war to address before this stupid race sieges the city!'

I think the new race completely sideswipes us in the finale. We have no idea they were coming, which is why the moves of Atlantis in destroying the dialing crystals are so drastic and why they're afraid to contact Earth, because they have no idea what they're dealing with.

And finally--in a bitter, ironic twist, I think I've got the perfect titles for the finale: The Lost City, I & II. Ironic, because it was in the SG-1 episodes "the Lost City" that we first heard of Atlantis--but the titles have never been used in the SGA episode list, so I think it's kinda perfect that we go full circle with it.

The new episode list would look like this:

Episodes 1 & 2: The Return to Pegasus
                        Episode 3: Todd resolution (Wraith based): We let him go.
                        Episode 4: Torren's Christening/Threat to the Athosians (Writer: Erin)
                        Episode 5: Welcome to Hoth (Writer: SouthernRed)
                        Episode 6: Wraith Standalone - the non-Wraith 'wraith'. TEYLA BIG ROLE; RONON'S CONCERNS ADDRESSED
                        Episode 7: Box of Dreams (Writer: Anuna)
                        Episode 8: Wraith Standalone - the Wraith worshippers TEYLA BIG ROLE
                        Episode 9: Standalone - addressing the battle with the Wraith; the Pegasus Coalition. RONON SUPPORTS THE COALITION'S MOVE
                        Episodes 10: Primum Movens, Part I (Writer: Erika)
                        Episodes 11: Primum Movens, Part II (Writer: Erika)
                        Episode 12: Lockdown: (Writer: Drewandian)
                        Episode 13: Elizabeth, the translator (HUMOR EPISODE) (Writer: Erika)
                        Episode 14: MCKAY EPISODE
                        Episode 15: Run Through the Jungle (Writer: pkprd869)
                        Episode 16: The Pegasus Coalition--Elizabeth starts the real work
                        Episode 17: John Mental Torture episode! (Writer: Anuna)
                        Episode 18: Ronon, the Empath (Writer: Southern Red)
                        Episode 19: House of Mirrors (Writer: Scary Kitty)
                        Episode 20: IMPORTANT PENULTIMATE EPISODE: WRAITH TIE-IN AND SLIGHT SEASON CLIFFY FOR WRAITH STORYLINE
                        Episodes 21-22: The Lost City, Parts 1 & 2

The only thing left standing is Episode 14--for which I've inserted the requisite McKay eppy. And I've altered the Elizabeth translates for non-english speaking aliens into a complete humor episode. We'll all need a laugh after the lockdown episode anyway.

I definitely need approval on this and hammering out the finer points of the Wraith and Pegasus Coalition storyline(s). PLEASE WEIGH IN WITH SUGGESTIONS.

If this gets approved, I'll alter the comm to reflect that.
                        Last edited by Eri13; 28 January 2010, 07:41 AM.
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Alléluia!!! This forum woeks today!

Eri: Love your idea. And it's true we forgot Wraith and Atlantis but you fix it.
                          My real mom is yelling/calling at me. It's not SR for once. Be back later.lol
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

That story is covered in sparky season 6 , our comm. Scroll down under unworked story ideas. Eri just hasn't decided where it fits in the timeline yet.
                            OK, thanks!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                            You are welcome to take it back if you want! Just let me know. I honestly don't know much about the Wraith/Todd development from Season 5 so until someone can tie that idea into how we'd evolve from canon, I'm not sure how to put it in.
                            I'm in no hurry, if you decide later you're not going on with the baby wraith queen idea, I can write the fic later on.

I'd love a trailer, but why not wait till we have all episodes? That way you won't go through all the trouble of making one only to find we've done a 180 on one of the storylines.
                            Ok, I had just thought about a generic trailer, showing all character but not giving away too much.
                            I'm working on other J/E shipping videos, by the way

Comment

*runs in, drops off fic*
                              Small Miracles

*runs out*
                              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                                *runs in, drops off fic*
                                Small Miracles

*runs out*
                                YEAH!!! Don't run. It's excellent
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                X