Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
    Why don't we start with that Atlantis can't hang around forever in San Francisco (was it??) bay? I mean, someone is bound to notice. And since there is really nowhere suitable on Earth and Atlantis is much too dangerous to have here, why not have them decide to send it elsewere. This way we get it away from Earth and can go from there how to get them into danger.

And I refuse to watch S4 and 5...

Hm, do I have to renew my driver's license, too?

EDIT: I'm leaning more towards the fanfic idea. It's nicer to read...
    Indeed. The first thing we have to do is get them off Earth.

Do you live in the US? They send you a letter when it's due and you have a month to renew it. Normally you can renew online but at certain points they want you to take a new pic and retake the eye test. I'm good now for another 8 years.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
      It's done. She's Ok. We just have to tell her: where and when? And I will do her contract.
      Oh my job here looks a lot like my real job. Without all the actors.lol
      Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      That's the main cast for starters. Later on Elizabeth Weir will be added after Sheppard.

This is beyond the call of duty. I love it all. And we can discuss each episode one at a time. I also like the idea of Oberoth being the one to put Elizabeth in stasis and the ideas you had connected with that. I don't see a bad idea anywhere.

Where's probie? We need to call Michelle Morgan's agent. ASAP. Here's the updated roster. I added anyone who volunteered in the appropriate department but I'm sure a lot of overlap will occur.

Showrunner: Southern Red
      Administrative Assistant/Actor Liaison: Probie
      JF's Personal Assistant: nephtys59
      Shipper Liaison: Anuna
      Continuity Coordinator/Meeting planner/Torri's PA: Eri13
      Security Chief: Scary Kitty
      Security Deputy Chief/Claire Rankin's PA: Falcon Horus
      Security Deputy/Crowd control officer: pkprd869
      Makeup Supervisor: Scary Kitty
      Makeup: Henson Studios
      Photography Department:
      Probie
      Erin
      Art Department:
      Costumes: Scary Kitty
      Erin
      pkprd
      Fionnait
      Set Designer:Falcon Horus
      Public Relations: Drewandian
      Biomedical Consultant: Fionnait
      Writers: Southern Red
      Anuna
      Eri
      Scary Kitty
      Pkprd
      nephtys
      Drewandian
      Erin
      Lt.Col.JohnSheppard
      Special Effects: Stargate Studios
      Music: Fionnait
      pkprd
      Drewandian

And OT:
      Spoiler:
      I survived my trip to the DMV. It only took a little over an hour and on my way back through Macy's I bought an armload of clothes. So it's all good. I didn't see Patty and Selma but there were some clerks there who may be related to them. Though I did have a certain amount of sympathy for them. Here's an actual conversation I overheard:

Clerk: Sir, please read the first two lines on the chart.
      Man: 0 3 uh 8
      Clerk: Sir, the first line contains letters, not numbers. Try again.
      Sweet on Michelle. She worried me a bit.

Thanks! Glad the Show Runner approves! Don't forget to add Carl B. to the list of writers, too.

Spoiler:
      Glad you survived the DMV. My driver's license lady actually had a real honest to goodness beehive when I took my driving test.

Why don't we start with that Atlantis can't hang around forever in San Francisco (was it??) bay? I mean, someone is bound to notice. And since there is really nowhere suitable on Earth and Atlantis is much too dangerous to have here, why not have them decide to send it elsewere. This way we get it away from Earth and can go from there how to get them into danger.

And I refuse to watch S4 and 5...

Hm, do I have to renew my driver's license, too?

EDIT: I'm leaning more towards the fanfic idea. It's nicer to read...
      It has been suggested. All suggestions for the seasons are on the previous page, an entire outline and suggestion of Season 6, including a start to how to get Atlantis back to Pegasus.

Personally, I vote fanfic, too, actually.

AND... *takes of play hat for a minute* If we're really thinking of doing something like this for fun, let's set up a few rules?

1) Let's make a pact, if enough people will support.: Please don't write anything until you get episode 'go' approval from the team. That saves people from getting feelings hurt for ideas that haven't been approved, helps us keep story continuity, and keeps this in order. We may be able to publish this on a community or something if we get really great stories.

I'll tacky up my S6 list somewhere and if your episodes been given the go ahead, it'll be labelled "GO". Otherwise, we haven't discussed enough elements of it yet for approval.

IF YOU JUMP THE GUN, WE MAY NOT CONSIDER YOUR EPISODE.

Please. This is to keep this fun.

2) As with any show, general elements are approved, but once the guidelines have been given, writers have creative liberty. But we will be checking over for OOC-ness!

3) We want majority approval for stuff here, so check over story ideas and give your vote! I'll go back day by day and update our discussion lists so people can keep track of ideas pitched.

*puts play hat back on* Okay, Already pitched:

--I need votes on

-- Weir-in-stasis-bring-back-Franibeth idea for reviving Elizabeth in the midseason 2-parter. General consensus on this, please? We have 3 for.

-- Atlantis being sent back to Pegasus: Pitch More story ideas, or do you like the idea of the Pegasus coalition calling them back? SR has approved.

-- Atlantis being lost at the end of S6: Breaking way from earth to protect Earth. Ideas, votes?

Once our 'big 3' arcs are voted on, we'll move to standalones and how those major arcs influence the minor stories.
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Do you live in the US? They send you a letter when it's due and you have a month to renew it. Normally you can renew online but at certain points they want you to take a new pic and retake the eye test. I'm good now for another 8 years.
        No, I live in Germany. I think it's valid indefinitely... There is a little dash were it says expiry date. *hehe* You can't actually read the date I got it either *g*

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Well I'm all for the first two but I'm still iffy on Atlantis being "lost" I mean it looks like we're starting to go that SGU route with the whole not getting home thing give me a day to make up my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
            -- Atlantis being lost at the end of S6: Breaking way from earth to protect Earth. Ideas, votes?
            I would like it if they left earlier, because this way we could still have fun with them being cut off. Maybe even before Elizabeth's return, saves the trouble with the IOA, because I really hate these bureaucracy episodes.

Comment

In that case you are forgiven. As long as you didn't sell JF's leather coat. Though we may have to think of a bribe to get him to wear it again. Maybe if we let him wear flip flops a couple of times. And no more messing around with teh hair.

Now where's my coffee? I've had a traumatic day. I actually had to go to the frelling DMV. *flails* I wish I lived in a small town. And why can't people make their children behave in public?
              I drank it. It was a bad day for me too. But I will do another one for you.lol

Thanks to you I just remember something. In France (don't know if in another country is like this), when wehave the driver's license, we have to stick an "A" on our car for 3 years to show we're young driver. And today, I'm a driver since 3 years. I spent 20 minutes to try to remove the "a" on my car. I can't drive with it now or I wil have a fine.

Blablabla......Back to the topic. Do we have other guests?
              sigpic
              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

I like all the ideas especially the last one. I don't want contact with Earth except if it's really necessary.
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks to you I just remember something. In France (don't know if in another country is like this), when wehave the driver's license, we have to stick an "A" on our car for 3 years to show we're young driver. And today, I'm a driver since 3 years. I spent 20 minutes to try to remove the "a" on my car. I can't drive with it now or I wil have a fine.
                  In Belgium we have an L but only for as long as you are learning. As soon as you pass your exam and get your permanent driver's license the L can go.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Sweet on Michelle. She worried me a bit.

Thanks! Glad the Show Runner approves! Don't forget to add Carl B. to the list of writers, too.

Spoiler:
                    Glad you survived the DMV. My driver's license lady actually had a real honest to goodness beehive when I took my driving test.

It has been suggested. All suggestions for the seasons are on the previous page, an entire outline and suggestion of Season 6, including a start to how to get Atlantis back to Pegasus.

Personally, I vote fanfic, too, actually.
                    I vote fanfic too.

AND... *takes of play hat for a minute* If we're really thinking of doing something like this for fun, let's set up a few rules?

1) Let's make a pact, if enough people will support.: Please don't write anything until you get episode 'go' approval from the team. That saves people from getting feelings hurt for ideas that haven't been approved, helps us keep story continuity, and keeps this in order. We may be able to publish this on a community or something if we get really great stories.

I'll tacky up my S6 list somewhere and if your episodes been given the go ahead, it'll be labelled "GO". Otherwise, we haven't discussed enough elements of it yet for approval.

IF YOU JUMP THE GUN, WE MAY NOT CONSIDER YOUR EPISODE.

Please. This is to keep this fun.

2) As with any show, general elements are approved, but once the guidelines have been given, writers have creative liberty. But we will be checking over for OOC-ness!

3) We want majority approval for stuff here, so check over story ideas and give your vote! I'll go back day by day and update our discussion lists so people can keep track of ideas pitched.
                    I approve all these and add 4) Each person is responsible for keeping up with what is going on. Please bookmark the pertinent posts or copy/paste the info you need to remember. I am making stickies even as we speak. *hugs stickies*

And may I also clarify that you can feel free to write all you want, but if this is going to be a community (which I like BTW) any fics for the community need to fit Eri's plan. We're not being mean but we insist on continuity. And there's no hurry to get anything written. We just want it to be right and not screw up canon.

*puts play hat back on* Okay, Already pitched:

--I need votes on

-- Weir-in-stasis-bring-back-Franibeth idea for reviving Elizabeth in the midseason 2-parter. General consensus on this, please? We have 3 for.

-- Atlantis being sent back to Pegasus: Pitch More story ideas, or do you like the idea of the Pegasus coalition calling them back? SR has approved.

Once our 'big 3' arcs are voted on, we'll move to standalones and how those major arcs influence the minor stories.
                    I think I voted on the Franibeth thing. I'm for it with the Oberoth scenario.

I love the Pegasus coalition. This could heavily involve Teyla and even Todd and maybe have a role for Ronon. Oooh, and Ladon Radim plus those 3 judges in Inquisition. That *****y lady could be a good protagonist for Teyla.

Want them lost. Being adrift again would be too much like S4 so they could be somewhere they know where they are but Earth doesn't.

No, I live in Germany. I think it's valid indefinitely... There is a little dash were it says expiry date. *hehe* You can't actually read the date I got it either *g*
                    That bothers me. Over here you have people in their 80's driving into buildings or backing over people because they get confused. Luckily they now have to take the vision test every year but when I took mine I could have sworn the lady wasn't even paying attention so I'm not sure what good it does. My husband has an aunt who's a menace but her daughter can't get her to give up the keys.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      In Belgium we have an L but only for as long as you are learning. As soon as you pass your exam and get your permanent driver's license the L can go.
                      In France, it depends if you learn with your parents (you can drive when you want with them) and after with professional or if you only learn only with professional. First case: you have this "A" during 2 years and second case, it's during 3 years (like me...my parents didn't want to share their cars lol).
                      Do you have a system with points too?
                      sigpic

Comment

I would like it if they left earlier, because this way we could still have fun with them being cut off. Maybe even before Elizabeth's return, saves the trouble with the IOA, because I really hate these bureaucracy episodes.
                        Are you thinking we're on Earth the whole time? In the proposed timeline to S6, we start off with them going back to Pegasus, so they're in Pegasus for the whole of S6. Them being 'lost' is the end of S6, when they decide to cut off contact with Earth. But they're not on Earth in S6.

Comment

I drank it. It was a bad day for me too. But I will do another one for you.lol

Blablabla......Back to the topic. Do we have other guests?
                          Thanks for the coffee my dear. You are a treasure. But I may need something stronger soon after dealing with the unions and the exterminators.

We don't have anything to put on our cars but the actual license is different. They have recently changed it quite a bit. Now under 21 the license is printed vertically and afterwards it is horizontal. Easy for the police to tell who is underage for drinking purposes. I'm not sure how the period of being a new driver is handled these days.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the coffee my dear. You are a treasure. But I may need something stronger soon after dealing with the unions and the exterminators.

We don't have anything to put on our cars but the actual license is different. They have recently changed it quite a bit. Now under 21 the license is printed vertically and afterwards it is horizontal. Easy for the police to tell who is underage for drinking purposes. I'm not sure how the period of being a new driver is handled these days.
                            Whiskey? Martini? Scotch? Téquila? Vodka?
                            sigpic

Comment

In Georgia, we have limitations on when and where new drivers can go, which is good IMO, because of how bad traffic is in the ATL. You have to age to 17 or 18 to get full range of driving permissions unless you're in a special circumstance.

I've opened a LJ community for us: http://community.livejournal.com/sparky_season_6/

Posted right now is the list of the Season 6 episodes. I'll put the link in my sig, so people can constantly check on the updates of the Episode lists. I'll also put up Episode synopses when we have them written.

Comment

Congratulations! I've been driving for 7 years now. Geez, how time flies...

That bothers me. Over here you have people in their 80's driving into buildings or backing over people because they get confused. Luckily they now have to take the vision test every year but when I took mine I could have sworn the lady wasn't even paying attention so I'm not sure what good it does. My husband has an aunt who's a menace but her daughter can't get her to give up the keys.
                                I do agree with you there.

Are you thinking we're on Earth the whole time? In the proposed timeline to S6, we start off with them going back to Pegasus, so they're in Pegasus for the whole of S6. Them being 'lost' is the end of S6, when they decide to cut off contact with Earth. But they're not on Earth in S6.
                                I got that. It's just that I wish for them to get lost mid-season rather than at the very end.

Comment

Working...
                                X