Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    Exactly! We've gotta let Torri know how long her hair needs to be. Or at least make her a season appropriate wig.
    Eh, we probably don't need a wig, just curl her hair a little more and strategically pin it back for a few episodes. I think that's what they did for No Man's Land and Misbegotten to match it up to her shorter hair in Allies.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Before I go off to play with molten steel, I lean toward post EATG. I might have to post my notes for my longer fic when I get back home. (Let's just say Lizzie back and she's really *BEEP*ed off...)
      "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        In that case, I'd like to also volunteer for the costume department. I have a BA in Theatre with an emphasis in Costume Design, and I know how to use it! (in other words, no more damn leather. And the gawd-awful Star Trek wannabe uniforms from S4-5 are going straight to the incinerator.)
        Thank you merciful Jesus. In rewatching Farscape I have noticed the wonderful costumes. The episode with the blue people had the most gorgeous outfits with intricate beading and style that was out the wazoo. The cast of Braveheart look got really old on SGA too. And don't get me started on the maternity outfits. OMG. And how about no more burlap?

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        Monday morning's first order of business is the list of S6 episodes...are we sticking with the Home reboot or are we sending Atlantis out of SF Bay and back to Pegasus? Let me clarify so I've got everything in order for the official minutes...
        Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
        Before I go off to play with molten steel, I lean toward post EATG. I might have to post my notes for my longer fic when I get back home. (Let's just say Lizzie back and she's really *BEEP*ed off...)
        I've been thinking about my Home story and I think if we tried something like that we would get bogged down real fast because it would seem like a rerun. I'm open to a post-EATG scenario.

Our first meeting will have to be organizational. But to start here's what we have to date:

Showrunner: Southern Red
        Administrative Assistant/Actor Liaison: Probie
        JF's Personal Assistant: nephtys59
        Shipper Liaison: Anuna
        Continuity Coordinator/Meeting planner/Torri's PA: Eri13
        Security Chief/Costume Manager: Scary Kitty
        Security Deputy Chief/Claire Rankin's PA: Falcon Horus
        Security Deputy/Crowd control officer: pkprd869
        Writers:
        Southern Red
        Anuna
        Eri
        Scary Kitty
        Pkprd

Anyone else want to be a writer? And we still need: PR people, and makeup. I'd like someone who can make more realistic aliens please. What else?
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

This already sounds like a kick-ass team...

We need a photographer to get the best photo-ops for cast pictures... don't forget great cast pictures.
          Not the horrible photoshopped horribles.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Stupid question but....It's me or this forum has changed. I'm lost.lol
            sigpic
            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
              Stupid question but....It's me or this forum has changed. I'm lost.lol
              It's not just you... VBulletin upgraded.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

We need a photographer to get the best photo-ops for cast pictures... don't forget great cast pictures.

Good idea. And we also will need lots of behind the scenes shots. Any volunteers?

And I guess we have a new format. So far I'm not impressed. Smaller font. Hard to read and too white. And everything is in a different place. *flails* I hate change.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  I hate change.
                  GW PTB took a lesson from PTB page of "What isn't broken, doesn't need changing" - so change it anyway.

Comment

It's not just you... VBulletin upgraded.
                    I almost yell at my father, thinking he had hit something on the computer. You saved his life.lol

Good idea. And we also will need lots of behind the scenes shots. Any volunteers?

And I guess we have a new format. So far I'm not impressed. Smaller font. Hard to read and too white. And everything is in a different place. *flails* I hate change.
                    I hate change too. 2 minutes to find how I can quote you.lol
                    And I love my new job, mommy. Love working for you....for the moment.
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by probie View Post
                      i almost yell at my father, thinking he had hit something on the computer. You saved his life.lol
                      lol!

Comment

Thank you merciful Jesus. In rewatching Farscape I have noticed the wonderful costumes. The episode with the blue people had the most gorgeous outfits with intricate beading and style that was out the wazoo. The cast of Braveheart look got really old on SGA too. And don't get me started on the maternity outfits. OMG. And how about no more burlap?
                        Ugh, definitely no more burlap. All military personnel will be following Sheppard's example and wearing BDUs, like they should've been all along. All civilian personnel will be going back to a modified version of the S1-3 uniform, but with BDU-style trousers, so they've got those nice big pockets for carrying around extra gear (PDAs, penlights, spare PowerBars in McKay's case). Hey, this is a scientific expedition. They're supposed to be wearing functional clothes, not fashion runway rejects!

Pegasus native costuming will stop looking like it's been slept in for a week in a gutter. Styles, of course, must remain cognizant of the fact that most populations have been held to a pre-industrial technological level due to repeated Wraith culling, but by the Ancestors, yes, the Braveheart look is out. The neat and tidy quasi-17th to 18th century farmer/merchant wear from the Genii will be a good model to start with. Linen, wool, some leather for accessories and coats will be appropriate. But no more leather bondage gear. (Larrin, this means you!) *headdesk*

I've been thinking about my Home story and I think if we tried something like that we would get bogged down real fast because it would seem like a rerun. I'm open to a post-EATG scenario.

Our first meeting will have to be organizational. But to start here's what we have to date:

Showrunner: Southern Red
                        Administrative Assistant/Actor Liaison: Probie
                        JF's Personal Assistant: nephtys59
                        Shipper Liaison: Anuna
                        Continuity Coordinator/Meeting planner/Torri's PA: Eri13
                        Security Chief/Costume Manager: Scary Kitty
                        Security Deputy Chief/Claire Rankin's PA: Falcon Horus
                        Security Deputy/Crowd control officer: pkprd869
                        Writers:
                        Southern Red
                        Anuna
                        Eri
                        Scary Kitty
                        Pkprd

Anyone else want to be a writer? And we still need: PR people, and makeup. I'd like someone who can make more realistic aliens please. What else?
                        I'm willing to work on makeup if no one else is (yeah, I took classes in that at USC as well). Since most of the inhabitants of Pegasus originated from the Ancients' seeding of humanoid life, they'll probably remain in that silhouette. For more "alien" looking aliens, I suggest we contact the Henson Studios; their puppetry work on Farscape kicked ass and took names.

Word! Henceforth, all promotional cast photos will return to the S1-3 tradition of being taken on set. I'd also like to suggest more action-oriented, 'slice of life' type shots as a bit of a change from standing straight and staring into the camera. For example, McKay and Zelenka in a lab poring over their computers, looking up as if the observer has just walked in. Similar shots in the conference room, or the mess hall would be a nice change of pace as well.
                        Last edited by Scary Kitty; 18 January 2010, 09:59 AM.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

GW PTB took a lesson from PTB page of "What isn't broken, doesn't need changing" - so change it anyway.
                          I'm a bit calmer. I went and read some of the thread about vBulletin and got a few laughs. Poor Darren.

My husband, among other things, designs web sites for a living. He designed this site: World Bank and is responsible for keeping it up and running 24 hours a day. Needless to say he is empathetic to GW right now. LOL Pleasing everyone, especially people from multiple cultures, is never possible.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                          I almost yell at my father, thinking he had hit something on the computer. You saved his life.lol

I hate change too. 2 minutes to find how I can quote you.lol
                          And I love my new job, mommy. Love working for you....for the moment.
                          What do you mean for the moment? I can cut off your contact with certain actors, you know. Do you do photography? We need a studio photographer.
                          sigpic

Comment

It seems the "reply with quote" function doesn't shut off once you've made your post. And my first post in this new format is all smooshed over. Grrr.
                            Last edited by Scary Kitty; 18 January 2010, 10:00 AM. Reason: what the heck is with the forum smooshing my posts?!?

Comment

Do you already have an idea of how to bring Elizabeth back? And do you plan to let things restart at end of Season 5? Because if the first answer is NO and the second one is YES, I have an idea.
                              I would have like to write a fanfic but ... I'm not THAT good in english ... and I'm not good in techno-babble thing, so if you're interested I can expose my idea and you can check if it's good or not

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Ugh, definitely no more burlap. All military personnel will be following Sheppard's example and wearing BDUs, like they should've been all along. All civilian personnel will be going back to a modified version of the S1-3 uniform, but with BDU-style trousers, so they've got those nice big pockets for carrying around extra gear (PDAs, penlights, spare PowerBars in McKay's case). Hey, this is a scientific expedition. They're supposed to be wearing functional clothes, not fashion runway rejects!

Pegasus native costuming will stop looking like it's been slept in for a week in a gutter. Styles, of course, must remain cognizant of the fact that most populations have been held to a pre-industrial technological level due to repeated Wraith culling, but by the Ancestors, yes, the Braveheart look is out. The neat and tidy quasi-17th to 18th century farmer/merchant wear from the Genii will be a good model to start with. Linen, wool, some leather for accessories and coats will be appropriate. But no more leather bondage gear. (Larrin, this means you!) *headdesk*

I'm willing to work on makeup if no one else is (yeah, I took classes in that at USC as well). Since most of the inhabitants of Pegasus originated from the Ancients' seeding of humanoid life, they'll probably remain in that silhouette. For more "alien" looking aliens, I suggest we contact the Henson Studios; their puppetry work on Farscape kicked ass and took names.

Word! Henceforth, all promotional cast photos will return to the S1-3 tradition of being taken on set. I'd also like to suggest more action-oriented, 'slice of life' type shots as a bit of a change from standing straight and staring into the camera. For example, McKay and Zelenka in a lab poring over their computers, looking up as if the observer has just walked in. Similar shots in the conference room, or the mess hall would be a nice change of pace as well.
                                Good ideas. I will make you the makeup supervisor and we'll call Henson. And can we get all military personnel to wear dog tags and go to salute training? Plus learn that you don't do hand signals and talk at the same time?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X