No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Very happy to see that Joe and Torri will be appearing on stage together on September 24th at the last Stargate Convention in Chicago. I'm sure a lot of Sparkies will appreciate seeing them together again.
      sigpic
      Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
      View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Originally posted by Sequoia Hope View Post
        Very happy to see that Joe and Torri will be appearing on stage together on September 24th at the last Stargate Convention in Chicago. I'm sure a lot of Sparkies will appreciate seeing them together again.
        Ugh, of course Creation would string us out until the last con! We've only been begging for a dual appearance for, what, years? Sure hope someone there posts some good pics and video!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Well, we've had them together in Marseille!

That one time, 5 years ago or so...

And that's probably never happening again. I mean, the closest convention to my city has yet to announce a single actress. So far we've had Nicholas Brendon, David Hasselhoff, Sean Astin and Paul McGann announced, of which I find Nick and Sean possibly the only once worth to spend money on. Where are those actresses I wonder?
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

ShipperWriter, if you've been checking this thread, I've sent you a few PMs, so if you could take a look at them and reply when you have time, I'd greatly appreciate it.
            sigpic
            Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
            View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies. As you go about your day, please take a moment to remember the events of 15 years ago in New York, Washington DC, and Pennsylvania.

Originally posted by Sequoia Hope View Post
              ShipperWriter, if you've been checking this thread, I've sent you a few PMs, so if you could take a look at them and reply when you have time, I'd greatly appreciate it.
              SW isn't online as often as she once was due to her work and school schedule, so it may be some time before she's on again to see your PMs. Patience is a virtue.

Comment

Hey! I'm back from the dead. I started up my re-watch for the... third? time a couple days ago, and I'm hooked again.

Actually, after lurking this thread a bit to catch up, I only just found out about the Stargate con. I've never been to one, but I could feasibly attend one in Chicago if I can get the time off. The thought is super exciting because what better con to be my first than the last Stargate one?? If I end up going, mind if I ask you guys some questions about con experiences and how to prepare? As much as I would LOVE to attend two days of it (Michael Shanks, gah!), I probably can only afford one/have time for one before I'd need to travel home.

Of course, I would want to see Torri and Joe! And get an autograph with Torri. More research is needed, and I don't know how fast these things sell out, but I definitely want to look into it.

ETA: Yep, planning in process. Looks like there are only a few seats left for people who don't have weekend tickets, and I'm not sure it's worth another $30 to select a slightly better seat than whatever I would end up with if I had a no-reservation seat lmao.
                Last edited by Janet Fraiser; 11 September 2016, 12:44 PM.
                rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
                  Hey! I'm back from the dead. I started up my re-watch for the... third? time a couple days ago, and I'm hooked again.

Actually, after lurking this thread a bit to catch up, I only just found out about the Stargate con. I've never been to one, but I could feasibly attend one in Chicago if I can get the time off. The thought is super exciting because what better con to be my first than the last Stargate one?? If I end up going, mind if I ask you guys some questions about con experiences and how to prepare? As much as I would LOVE to attend two days of it (Michael Shanks, gah!), I probably can only afford one/have time for one before I'd need to travel home.

Of course, I would want to see Torri and Joe! And get an autograph with Torri. More research is needed, and I don't know how fast these things sell out, but I definitely want to look into it.

ETA: Yep, planning in process. Looks like there are only a few seats left for people who don't have weekend tickets, and I'm not sure it's worth another $30 to select a slightly better seat than whatever I would end up with if I had a no-reservation seat lmao.
                  I would say yes it is definitely worth getting the better ticket. At times, they call sections to line up for autographs and you will get to go earlier. It makes a difference because the guest is fresher and not as hurried. I went to a Chicago con and would be happy to answer any questions.

BTW, Joe is better looking in person.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    I would say yes it is definitely worth getting the better ticket. At times, they call sections to line up for autographs and you will get to go earlier. It makes a difference because the guest is fresher and not as hurried. I went to a Chicago con and would be happy to answer any questions.

BTW, Joe is better looking in person.
                    Thank you for the insight!

So, I was able to get a reserved seat in the back (the "copper" package was sold out, and I'm not really in the position to get the "silver" package since I'm also saving and planning for an overseas trip, urgh). Since this is my first con, I figured that would at least take some stress away from finding a seat every time I go in there. Schedule isn't up yet, so I don't even know when the panel goes on and if the actors are even there at the same time.

Hopefully they're not too tired by the time I go up for an autograph? The site says it isn't rushed, but I guess that's always subject to how the day goes. If I had known about the con sooner I probably could've gotten a better seat, but as this is my only chance, I'll take what I can get.

I bought autograph tickets for Torri and Chris; I was tempted for Joe's, but in the end I figured I would like to see someone from both shows. I can only hope I can even see Joe from the back lmao. Does the autograph session take place at the end of a talk, or is it its own scheduled event that you can attend separate from the panel?

I am annoyed that the site gives you no option for just email delivery or pick up at the entrance; all ticket types cost $7.75 each to ship, and that adds up fast. Not to mention it's less than two weeks out, and the site says to allow two weeks for delivery OTL.

Overall, I'm excited to go just to be there. Even if I don't get to talk to them much or really see them in the main theatre, I want to actually be around other Stargate fans irl for once. I would like to get autographs from some of the people in the vending area like Carmen Argenziano, Gary Jones, and David Nykl. They sell them for a "nominal fee" - do you have any idea how much that would be? It'll be fun just to see them in person, really. Hopefully there are some interesting booths and merchandise to look at.

It'll also be my first time in Chicago, so I'm looking forward to exploring the city, too!
                    rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Good morning, Sparkies. As you go about your day, please take a moment to remember the events of 15 years ago in New York, Washington DC, and Pennsylvania.
                      I have not forgotten. How can we?
                      I think everyone who actively lived through those days, still remembers what they were doing, that very moment the news rolled in.

Hopefully they're not too tired by the time I go up for an autograph?
                      I remember the autograph sessions in Marseille went on for hours and we were quite literally the last ones in, and they were still taking their time for everyone.

I would like to get autographs from some of the people in the vending area like Carmen Argenziano, Gary Jones, and David Nykl. They sell them for a "nominal fee" - do you have any idea how much that would be?
                      If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say probably around 25 - 30 dollars.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Thank you for the insight!

So, I was able to get a reserved seat in the back (the "copper" package was sold out, and I'm not really in the position to get the "silver" package since I'm also saving and planning for an overseas trip, urgh). Since this is my first con, I figured that would at least take some stress away from finding a seat every time I go in there. Schedule isn't up yet, so I don't even know when the panel goes on and if the actors are even there at the same time.

Hopefully they're not too tired by the time I go up for an autograph? The site says it isn't rushed, but I guess that's always subject to how the day goes. If I had known about the con sooner I probably could've gotten a better seat, but as this is my only chance, I'll take what I can get.

I bought autograph tickets for Torri and Chris; I was tempted for Joe's, but in the end I figured I would like to see someone from both shows. I can only hope I can even see Joe from the back lmao. Does the autograph session take place at the end of a talk, or is it its own scheduled event that you can attend separate from the panel?

I am annoyed that the site gives you no option for just email delivery or pick up at the entrance; all ticket types cost $7.75 each to ship, and that adds up fast. Not to mention it's less than two weeks out, and the site says to allow two weeks for delivery OTL.

Overall, I'm excited to go just to be there. Even if I don't get to talk to them much or really see them in the main theatre, I want to actually be around other Stargate fans irl for once. I would like to get autographs from some of the people in the vending area like Carmen Argenziano, Gary Jones, and David Nykl. They sell them for a "nominal fee" - do you have any idea how much that would be? It'll be fun just to see them in person, really. Hopefully there are some interesting booths and merchandise to look at.

It'll also be my first time in Chicago, so I'm looking forward to exploring the city, too!
                        The autograph sessions are separate. You will receive a schedule when you register so you can plan your time. I remember standing in line for a long time. When you get up to the table the "handlers" try to hurry you along. Don't let them rattle you. There are also instructions on what you can and can't do, especially if you want to give the guest something. You can't hand anything directly to them but only to the "handler." They also may or may not let you personalize an autograph, but most of the guests ignore this. You said you are a big Michael Shanks fan. When I went through his line there was a long pause after me because the next person in line wanted to give him a gift and had to explain it to the "handler" so I took advantage and got to chat with Michael for a few seconds. He was very nice.

They didn't have tables for autographs in the vending area when I went. It sounds like the fees will be individual and will probably be posted on the table. I'm willing to bet it will be less than $20.

Mr. SR and I skipped the Sunday events for Universe and went on a city tour. It's an easy walk from the hotel to the "L" but a long ride into the city. Check online for city tours. We did a city tour and then the boat tour on the river. Both were great. The "L" is an experience also, loud and goes way too close to the buildings. lol
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Yay, welcome back! Glad to hear you're going to the Chicago con and hope you have a great time! Also good to hear you went for the reserved seats; as another former Creation con vet, I concur with SR that it's a big advantage to have them. Even the sections toward the back of the room where you'll be sitting still get to go for autographs earlier than the general seats.

Are you sure about that? I just looked at the main page for the event, and it says right up at the top that tickets are emailed in PDF format and you're supposed to print them out and bring them with you. You should probably double check that with Creation, but that's how my tickets for Creation events were always handled.

And before I forget, this week's College Football Roundup! Georgia beat Nicholls 26-24, Virginia Tech fell to Tennessee 45-24, USC beat Utah State 45-7, Air Force beat Georgia State 48-14, and Navy beat Connecticut 28-24. The morning PT run in Atlantis must've been interesting...

Comment

I really appreciate all this insight into the con experience! How awesome that you've all gone already and met our favorite people!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            I remember the autograph sessions in Marseille went on for hours and we were quite literally the last ones in, and they were still taking their time for everyone.

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say probably around 25 - 30 dollars.
                            Oh, that's good to hear. Who did you meet, and how was it?

I'll probably have to prioritize a bit when I find their booths; I do love all the actors and their characters, but my budget can only accept so much lol.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            The autograph sessions are separate. You will receive a schedule when you register so you can plan your time. I remember standing in line for a long time. When you get up to the table the "handlers" try to hurry you along. Don't let them rattle you. There are also instructions on what you can and can't do, especially if you want to give the guest something. You can't hand anything directly to them but only to the "handler." They also may or may not let you personalize an autograph, but most of the guests ignore this. You said you are a big Michael Shanks fan. When I went through his line there was a long pause after me because the next person in line wanted to give him a gift and had to explain it to the "handler" so I took advantage and got to chat with Michael for a few seconds. He was very nice.

They didn't have tables for autographs in the vending area when I went. It sounds like the fees will be individual and will probably be posted on the table. I'm willing to bet it will be less than $20.

Mr. SR and I skipped the Sunday events for Universe and went on a city tour. It's an easy walk from the hotel to the "L" but a long ride into the city. Check online for city tours. We did a city tour and then the boat tour on the river. Both were great. The "L" is an experience also, loud and goes way too close to the buildings. lol
                            Nice! If I'm not deathly tired by the time I arrive on Friday night, maybe I can pop over to the hotel and register ahead of time so that I have Saturday planned out.

I haven't even considered bringing anything as a gift or decided what I might take for them to sign. This is too exciting! I briefly thought about bringing a DVD cover (like the paper insert) with the characters on them, but then mine are pretty worn out and falling apart lol. I suppose I'll just pony up the money for a photo to use - unless I can find something more interesting in the meantime.

When you say personalize, do you mean that they don't always write your name in the autograph? Or do you mean like a message? I would hope that at least a name is included for the price.

Oh, you are definitely lucky - I would love to see Michael (and David Hewlett!), but I've decided to only do Saturday. I feel as though they'll probably make appearances at other sci-fi cons at some point, though, so I can hopefully look forward to that. Now, if Teryl were there, I would have gone all out and attended both days, despite my budget killing me for it.

I've seen many a con vid with Chris, and he just has me on the floor laughing. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing him in person, and I'm glad to have at least one SG-1 actor available Saturday!

I'm also stoked to see Chicago. I spent the better part of yesterday planning the trip and looking up things to do (and eat, of course). I definitely want to ride the L - Your description of it makes me want to do it even more lmao.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Yay, welcome back! Glad to hear you're going to the Chicago con and hope you have a great time! Also good to hear you went for the reserved seats; as another former Creation con vet, I concur with SR that it's a big advantage to have them. Even the sections toward the back of the room where you'll be sitting still get to go for autographs earlier than the general seats.

Are you sure about that? I just looked at the main page for the event, and it says right up at the top that tickets are emailed in PDF format and you're supposed to print them out and bring them with you. You should probably double check that with Creation, but that's how my tickets for Creation events were always handled.
                            Ah, the group of seats I chose from was the rearmost on the reservation chart, but I didn't consider that there may be gen admission seats behind me. For some reason, I assumed all gen tickets would take whatever seats were left in my group lol. I'm glad to hear it's not the case! Now I see how big of an event this really can be.

Yeah, unfortunately, the shipping page states that all ticket orders (made online, by phone, fax, etc.) have a shipping and handling fee, which must be in addition to them emailing them. The email PDF version takes something like 3-5 business days to arrive. It seems very unnecessary and like something that other cons (like Walker Stalker) don't do.
                            rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

I haven't even considered bringing anything as a gift or decided what I might take for them to sign. This is too exciting! I briefly thought about bringing a DVD cover (like the paper insert) with the characters on them, but then mine are pretty worn out and falling apart lol. I suppose I'll just pony up the money for a photo to use - unless I can find something more interesting in the meantime.
                              I downloaded and printed out pics at home for them to sign. But I recall that they had tons of pics for about $6 in the vending room.

When you say personalize, do you mean that they don't always write your name in the autograph? Or do you mean like a message? I would hope that at least a name is included for the price.
                              By personalize I mean both adding your name and/or a message. Anything more than them just scribbling their name may or may not be allowed. They will make an announcement, but again the guest sometimes ignores them. For example, I told Chris Heyerdahl that he was the best part of any show he's in. He told me I was sweet and asked my name. I reminded him that it wasn't allowed and he said something like "never mind what they said" and I got a great personalized autograph. Michael Shanks draws a funny picture on his and David Hewlett's line takes forever because he loves to write a special message.

There is a great pizza place within walking distance of the hotel. Just ask at the desk. Food in the hotel is expensive and there are not a lot of places to eat. When I was there they did a little boxed lunch thing in the lobby also, but I would advise you to take snacks.
                              sigpic

Comment

Art Challenge 2.0

The art challenge is back! I hope everyone had a great summer! Mine was ridiculously busy and hot, with no signs of cooling off anytime soon. Ugh!

We had a few sign ups for the pairs challenge, but we are extending it until next week if you still want to sign up. Just let me or slizzie 1986 know by Sunday September 18th so we can match up pairs and you can get started on Monday the 19th!
                                For the pairs challenge, you will be paired up with someone and you will either motivate and cheer each other on to finish a long lingering project that has been festering, or you can collaborate together on a new and exciting project!

For this week's challenge, let us dust off our Gimp or PS or whatever program you use. Some may be rusty, out of practice, or your muse is still on vacation. Let's take it slow and ease back into art {or fan fic}. Make some art [or fan fic] about a new show you are excited about coming to TV this fall. Either a returning favorite, or a new show you can't wait to see. Please include the title of the TV show somewhere in the art.

Entries are due to me by noon your time Monday September 19th.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X