Clear All

Originally posted by Sequoia Hope View Post
    Just think Box of Dreams...
    Right, good point.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by hopesetfree View Post
      Hi there! This is my first time posting here (I think), so I'm going to just go ahead and jump in!

I've long been a fan of Sparky (from the moment I saw The Storm/The Eye, the OTP to end all OTPs hooked me). I used to hang around on LiveJournal in the SGA fandom under the name Rushingwind, and I occasionally wrote things, though I regret now that I was too self-conscious to post many of the things I wanted to share. I always lurked more than I talked or posted, and sort of felt like an outsider compared to the Greats of the Sparky fandom... though I realize now that I was just too shy and self-critical, and just didn't have the confidence to interact. Having lurked on this thread for a while, I remember several of you from LiveJournal, and it makes me happy to know that the love for John/Elizabeth is still alive and well! I wish now I hadn't been so shy and that I'd interacted more, or posted more of the fic that I'd written, but, well, it's never too late, is it? So here I am! I've been lurking on this thread long enough, I think!

Just so I don't show up empty-handed, this is a fanart-ish thing I made a while ago. Maybe some of you have seen it before (or maybe not), but it was one of my recent-ish tributes to Sparky. I hope it brings a smile to someone's face.

So hello! *waves at everyone* I hope you are all having a wonderful day when you read this! I look forward to hanging out and chatting with other Sparky fans again.

(By the way, thanks to those who posted about Torri's recent acting roles! I haven't seen This Life or Inhuman Condition, but I know what I'll be watching next when I have time!)
      Welcome here. We are always happy to talk to Sparky fans. Great art also.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hi there! This is my first time posting here (I think), so I'm going to just go ahead and jump in!
        Hi there newbie!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Excellent story. I too am sorry they didn't have more realistic moments like this in the show.

I've long been a fan of Sparky (from the moment I saw The Storm/The Eye, the OTP to end all OTPs hooked me). I used to hang around on LiveJournal in the SGA fandom under the name Rushingwind, and I occasionally wrote things, though I regret now that I was too self-conscious to post many of the things I wanted to share. I always lurked more than I talked or posted, and sort of felt like an outsider compared to the Greats of the Sparky fandom... though I realize now that I was just too shy and self-critical, and just didn't have the confidence to interact. Having lurked on this thread for a while, I remember several of you from LiveJournal, and it makes me happy to know that the love for John/Elizabeth is still alive and well! I wish now I hadn't been so shy and that I'd interacted more, or posted more of the fic that I'd written, but, well, it's never too late, is it? So here I am! I've been lurking on this thread long enough, I think!

Just so I don't show up empty-handed, this is a fanart-ish thing I made a while ago. Maybe some of you have seen it before (or maybe not), but it was one of my recent-ish tributes to Sparky. I hope it brings a smile to someone's face.

So hello! *waves at everyone* I hope you are all having a wonderful day when you read this! I look forward to hanging out and chatting with other Sparky fans again.

(By the way, thanks to those who posted about Torri's recent acting roles! I haven't seen This Life or Inhuman Condition, but I know what I'll be watching next when I have time!)
          Welcome! Your LiveJournal handle does sound familiar, so I must have seen you over there a few times. And OMG you're the one who created that art that blew up Sparky!Tumblr! Yay, that was so awesome! Glad you decided to stop by, and I hope you stay a while!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Welcome to aboard, hopesetfree.
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Welcome to the thread! LOVE the artwork! Gave me all kinds of feels!

And curse you. I got back on Tumblr for the first time in months and barely made it out alive.
              Last edited by ShipperWriter; 09 August 2016, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Oh, and I bring Sparky ficlet.

Spoiler:
                “Marry me.”

Elizabeth looked up at the man who had just stepped over her office threshold and uttered the two words she never thought she would hear - at least, not in this galaxy. "What?" she asked, more bemused than shocked.

John Sheppard grinned at her. "Apparently, the people of M38-527 only trade with married folks." As he took a seat in front of her, he continued, "So I gotta get hitched in order for McKay to try and talk them into trading for some awesome device they have that does something ... awesome."

Elizabeth set her Palm device on her desk, leaned back in her seat, and raised an eyebrow. "Why can't McKay be the married one?"

John glared coolly back at her. "Don't make me laugh."

She cocked her head to the side in a nod. "What about Ronon and Teyla?"

"They've traded with the Athosians before. They know Teyla."

"Ah. So you're the only choice left then."

"Well, I am the most eligible bachelor in Atlantis."

Elizabeth held up her hand. "Let's get something straight, Colonel. First off, that was an informal poll done while half of the senior staff was inebriated. Secondly, no matter how many times a single person voted for you - again, while inebriated - each person's vote should have been only counted once."

"That reminds me, I forgot to tell you how impressed I was with your tolerance. After five drinks, that is."

Elizabeth cleared her throat. "Alright, John, let's make a deal. I agree to be your wife for the purpose of trade negotiations, we never mention that night again. Deal?"

"Deal."

She leaned back. "Good."

"I'm just saying, you voted, like, ten times."

Elizabeth tapped her desk. "You're dismissed, Colonel."

Comment

Welcome to the thread! It's always great to see new names here. Beautiful artwork! Inhuman Condition and This Life are great shows, and Torri does a fantastic job as leading actress in both shows. Hope you stick around, it's great to see this thread a bit more active recently compared to when I popped back in here a few weeks ago.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

Spoiler:
                  “Marry me.”

Elizabeth looked up at the man who had just stepped over her office threshold and uttered the two words she never thought she would hear - at least, not in this galaxy. "What?" she asked, more bemused than shocked.

John Sheppard grinned at her. "Apparently, the people of M38-527 only trade with married folks." As he took a seat in front of her, he continued, "So I gotta get hitched in order for McKay to try and talk them into trading for some awesome device they have that does something ... awesome."

Elizabeth set her Palm device on her desk, leaned back in her seat, and raised an eyebrow. "Why can't McKay be the married one?"

Elizabeth held up her hand. "Let's get something straight, Colonel. First off, that was an informal poll done while half of the senior staff was inebriated. Secondly, no matter how many times a single person voted for you - again, while inebriated - each person's vote should have been only counted once."

"That reminds me, I forgot to tell you how impressed I was with your tolerance. After five drinks, that is."

Elizabeth cleared her throat. "Alright, John, let's make a deal. I agree to be your wife for the purpose of trade negotiations, we never mention that night again. Deal?"

"Deal."

She leaned back. "Good."

They're such a riot.
                  sigpic
                  Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
                  View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Originally posted by Sequoia Hope View Post
                    ...it's great to see this thread a bit more active recently compared to when I popped back in here a few weeks ago.
                    In comparison to other threads, this is a very lively thread. Nothing to complain about.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

And curse you. I got back on Tumblr for the first time in months and barely made it out alive.
                      LMAO! Yeah, that's Tumblr all right.

Spoiler:
                      “Marry me.”

"Deal."

She leaned back. "Good."

*screaming* OMG, that's hilarious!
                      Spoiler:
                      And do we even want to know how half the senior staff got inebriated that night? Sounds like another comedy fic idea to me!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      In comparison to other threads, this is a very lively thread. Nothing to complain about.
                      True, that.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

LMAO! Yeah, that's Tumblr all right.
                        Unfortunately, some of the blogs I follow change their interests so frequently that when I get on, I'm inundated with photos of actors that I like, but not THAT much. On the other hand, I know following you will result in Pepperony and Food Photos, and I like that.

*screaming* OMG, that's hilarious!
                        Spoiler:
                        And do we even want to know how half the senior staff got inebriated that night? Sounds like another comedy fic idea to me!
                        Haha, don't tempt me. I have a college project that I haven't touched in over a month (which is totally fine because I have an extension but still need to work on it soon), but if I misappropriate anymore of my "free time" and work on fanfic, I'll never finish my laundry. And I need clean clothes.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          “Marry me.”

"Deal."

She leaned back. "Good."

That was great. They could totally pull that off.
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            “Marry me.”

"Deal."

She leaned back. "Good."

I love it SW!!!
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. Sparky has been an OTP of mine since the show came out, so it feels a little weird to be a newbie on this thread since I've been shipping it since SGA's first season! (Guess I should have signed up sooner, haha). I guess maybe I just didn't know where to look, but I could never find much of a Sparky presence on Tumblr? That always made me sad.

I've written Sparky fic under my old handle (Rushingwind) and posted it all here, on AO3, if anyone's interested. Also, my personal favorite fic is a role reversal fic I wrote where Elizabeth is the military badass and John is the diplomatic badass leader (here). I actually wrote a sequel to it, but never posted it... though I've been revisiting and editing the fic lately, so maybe I'll post it soon after all.

I really look forward to getting to know you all. You all seem like awesome people!

Comment

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. Sparky has been an OTP of mine since the show came out, so it feels a little weird to be a newbie on this thread since I've been shipping it since SGA's first season! (Guess I should have signed up sooner, haha). I guess maybe I just didn't know where to look, but I could never find much of a Sparky presence on Tumblr? That always made me sad.

I've written Sparky fic under my old handle (Rushingwind) and posted it all here, on AO3, if anyone's interested. Also, my personal favorite fic is a role reversal fic I wrote where Elizabeth is the military badass and John is the diplomatic badass leader (here). I actually wrote a sequel to it, but never posted it... though I've been revisiting and editing the fic lately, so maybe I'll post it soon after all.

I really look forward to getting to know you all. You all seem like awesome people!
                                I will definitely enjoy reading your fics. Thanks for posting. It's great that after all these years we can keep Sparky alive.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X