X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

December 5th advent made by RodneyisGodney
    sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

December 6th advent made by MSusy
        sigpic

Comment

Have you guys heard anything about this?
          https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ks/description

They don't say all that much about what direction they're taking the story (but at least it looks like it has nothing to do with the Legacy books, so that can only be good), but the artwork looks interesting. And Elizabeth is in it, even if it's probably just a flashback, so yay!?
          sigpic
          Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
            Have you guys heard anything about this?
            https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ks/description

They don't say all that much about what direction they're taking the story (but at least it looks like it has nothing to do with the Legacy books, so that can only be good), but the artwork looks interesting. And Elizabeth is in it, even if it's probably just a flashback, so yay!?
            How do you know Elizabeth is in it? I didn't read every word but didn't see her name. Judging by the cover art and knowing how these things tend to appeal to the young male audience, I am hesitant to support it.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              How do you know Elizabeth is in it? I didn't read every word but didn't see her name. Judging by the cover art and knowing how these things tend to appeal to the young male audience, I am hesitant to support it.
              If you pause the video at 1:50 (and scroll down to the "Chevron 8" donor prize) there's an image of a panel with Rodney and someone who looks an awful lot like Elizabeth. I could be wrong (and with that hair it's probably just a flashback) and that might not even be final art, but it's (a very little) something. I was kind of 'meh' about it all myself but seeing that made me feel a smidgen better. I wouldn't give money to the whole kickstarter thing either (esp with so little to go on) but I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything more about it.
              sigpic
              Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

No, Elizabeth will not be in it as a regular. It's a season 6 continuation.

They did say in an interview that any of the characters who didn't die (so, scratch Kate so basically I'm not interested) in the past years could make an appearance.

I was peeved that any backing over 25$ would cost me even more on shipping so I decided not to fall for their trap and go for a wait-and-see approach. Personally, I don't quite understand why they would need a kickstarter project in the first place. Probably to gain fan interest, but those 100+ backers are not going to be enough to keep funding your costs.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  No, Elizabeth will not be in it as a regular. It's a season 6 continuation.

They did say in an interview that any of the characters who didn't die (so, scratch Kate so basically I'm not interested) in the past years could make an appearance.

I was peeved that any backing over 25$ would cost me even more on shipping so I decided not to fall for their trap and go for a wait-and-see approach. Personally, I don't quite understand why they would need a kickstarter project in the first place. Probably to gain fan interest, but those 100+ backers are not going to be enough to keep funding your costs.
                  Exactly. Sounds too much like a money grab. And I have to wonder what MGM's legal department might say about it...

In other news, here's today's College Football Roundup! It's a sad day all around, as USC fell to Stanford in the Pac-12 Championship 41-22, and Air Force fell to San Diego State in the Mountain West Championship 27-24. So I'll just be over in the corner with Sheppard and Lorne, crying into our beer.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Exactly. Sounds too much like a money grab. And I have to wonder what MGM's legal department might say about it...
                    I doubt they care, as long as their license fees are paid. Look how long it took them to put a stop to the Legacy books.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      I doubt they care, as long as their license fees are paid. Look how long it took them to put a stop to the Legacy books.
                      Yep, and the actual content doesn't seem to interest them either. If this is something enough people want, I say more power to them, but I don't think I'm interested.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

December 7 advent made by Libero
                        sigpic

Comment

December 8th advent is made by Grace
                          sigpic

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you're all enjoying this Canon Monday!

Our internet's been out since last night; we had a major power outage (whee, storms with gale force winds!) and though we got power back last night, some components of the wireless internet network we're on didn't get power back until just a little bit ago. Glad to see the internet didn't burn down while I was away.

Carry on!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Power and internet are still up, and the rain continues.

Comment

December 9th advent is made by rinkrat
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X