Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
    Hey all I am in the middle of a rewatch of all of SG in the middle of season 4 of SGA it is not as painful now but it became a different show still miss Elizabeth
    http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Sparky/normal_atl_314_0879.jpg
    I have found that to be true also whenever I rewatch an episode these days. I find myself looking at different areas of the screen or looking at the scenes from a different character's POV. I have even watched with the intention of looking for clues to another ship, but it always comes back to Sparky. It's like they jump in front of the camera and shout "Hey you, look over here."

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    The Tau of Rodney was just on TV here yesterday. It's always weird seeing old episodes I haven't seen in a while again. But even in a Rodney centric episode like that, there was enough John and Elizabeth being John and Elizabeth that it was another stark reminder of just how baffling it was for the showrunners to miss how much chemistry she had with him and the rest of the cast.
    That will ever remain a mystery. But I think it might be like trying to edit your own writing. From experience with my own work and with other people's work, I know you miss a ton of things and only see what you intended to write, not what is actually on the page. Maybe the same is true with writing for the screen.

But I wouldn't confine this just to the Stargate writers. I have read articles about other shows in which the writers state something that they think was completely clear to the viewer when the opposite was actually true. I wish I could think of an example.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I suppose chemistry is one of those baffling nebulous concepts that is somehow completely subjective yet also blindingly obvious to anyone who sees it or a lack of it.

I imagine it's one of the reasons there are so many shipper wars.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you've all had a great Fluffy Thursday!

Met with the architect today on house design; this is just initial layout where we're playing with where rooms will go, how big they might be, etc., before we move on to the actual floor plan, elevation drawings, and the like. Awesome stuff and we're really happy with where we are!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        I have found that to be true also whenever I rewatch an episode these days. I find myself looking at different areas of the screen or looking at the scenes from a different character's POV. I have even watched with the intention of looking for clues to another ship, but it always comes back to Sparky. It's like they jump in front of the camera and shout "Hey you, look over here."
        I have the same problem.

That will ever remain a mystery. But I think it might be like trying to edit your own writing. From experience with my own work and with other people's work, I know you miss a ton of things and only see what you intended to write, not what is actually on the page. Maybe the same is true with writing for the screen.

But I wouldn't confine this just to the Stargate writers. I have read articles about other shows in which the writers state something that they think was completely clear to the viewer when the opposite was actually true. I wish I could think of an example.
        *cough*Agents of SHIELD*cough*

I suppose chemistry is one of those baffling nebulous concepts that is somehow completely subjective yet also blindingly obvious to anyone who sees it or a lack of it.

I imagine it's one of the reasons there are so many shipper wars.
        And even wars over individual characters. It's insane.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          *cough*Agents of SHIELD*cough*
          Sounds like you've got something of a detailed complaint there.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Sounds like you've got something of a detailed complaint there.
            So detailed that going into details would take all year. But in short, it's multiple clusterfraks of SGA S4-5 proportions. If you haven't started watching it already, I would actually suggest you not start. Seriously. You'll be beating your head against a wall while you're watching Season 2.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I did actually watch Agents of SHIELD. Mostly starting from about half way into Season 1, though. The first part of the series seemed kind of boring and directionless.

I personally found it a reasonably OK way to pass the time on occasion. It's fine, but I can't really angry about any problems in the series like I could with Stargate Atlantis unless I cared about it as much as SGA, which I really don't.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

So detailed that going into details would take all year. But in short, it's multiple clusterfraks of SGA S4-5 proportions. If you haven't started watching it already, I would actually suggest you not start. Seriously. You'll be beating your head against a wall while you're watching Season 2.
                We watch the show and enjoy it but have been a bit puzzled at some of the changes and plot choices. I have managed to stay way far away from fandom.

I did actually watch Agents of SHIELD. Mostly starting from about half way into Season 1, though. The first part of the series seemed kind of boring and directionless.

I personally found it a reasonably OK way to pass the time on occasion. It's fine, but I can't really angry about any problems in the series like I could with Stargate Atlantis unless I cared about it as much as SGA, which I really don't.
                Actually, I have found the opposite to be true. Last season I mostly had an "is that still on?" attitude and didn't much care whether I watched or not. It doesn't seem like the same show IMHO. So, we've just proven the point about how people see things differently.

Edited to add that I'm going to be gone for the weekend, so have a great one and see you guys on Monday.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Yeah, the first half of the first season seemed to meander, but as we later learned, they were really just trying to bide their time until they could unload the HYDRA-in-SHIELD twist from The Winter Soldier.

As for the second season...

We watch the show and enjoy it but have been a bit puzzled at some of the changes and plot choices. I have managed to stay way far away from fandom.

Actually, I have found the opposite to be true. Last season I mostly had an "is that still on?" attitude and didn't much care whether I watched or not. It doesn't seem like the same show IMHO. So, we've just proven the point about how people see things differently.
                  That's what's annoyed me about S2. I'm less angry and more just exhausted and resigned. After SGA, I've kind of learned not to care so much. Still, it's annoying to watch and think, "this could be so much better." Le sigh.

At this point, I'm mostly just watching for further MCU background.

Edited to add that I'm going to be gone for the weekend, so have a great one and see you guys on Monday.
                  Have a good time! *waves*

Comment

I LOVE S.H.I.E.L.D!!

Not playing in fandom cause I actually don't do that for other show, except for Legend of the Seeker and Stargate, so basically I watch cause I love it.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Haven't really seen much of S.H.I.E.L.D, just the episodes with Lady Sif.
                      sigpic
                      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        I LOVE S.H.I.E.L.D!!

Not playing in fandom cause I actually don't do that for other show, except for Legend of the Seeker and Stargate, so basically I watch cause I love it.
                        Yeah, I stay out of AoS fandom as well. I'm just over in the MCU films/Iron Man fandom.

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                        Haven't really seen much of S.H.I.E.L.D, just the episodes with Lady Sif.

Comment

Uh, go Lobos! I think that's 'my' team.
                          sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Here's this week's College Football Roundup: Virginia Tech came back from last week's loss with a vengeance and slaughtered Furman 42-3, USC hammered Idaho 59-9, Georgia beat Vanderbilt 31-14, and it was another good week in Atlantis as Air Force beat San Jose State 37-16, while Navy had a bye this week.

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                            Uh, go Lobos! I think that's 'my' team.
                            New Mexico? Ouch, condolences for your loss this week. (And 'your' team can be anything: the local university team, the university you (or your parents/sibs/other family) went to, or just a team you really like. )

Comment

Yep, I live in the NM now. It will be the university I attend in the future. Does that count?
                              sigpic

Comment

sigpic
                                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X