Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

The DISH guy is here, the DISH guy is here! We're going to have TV in a few more minutes! *victory dance*

If it's anything like my dad's retirement, it'll go REALLY FAST. At that point, he was working just to keep the higher income to make the mortgage payments; once escrow closed and we had the money, he filed his retirement papers.

And omg yes on the meeting with the builder and all that fun. We're working on the forestry plan to do the tree harvest and site prep this summer, then bringing in the architect to design the house over the autumn and winter, and beginning construction hopefully this time next year. Lots of work, but very exciting.

In semi-related news, yesterday we took our first trip out to a local shellfish farm and picked up some fresh caught wild halibut for dinner last night. OMG SO GOOD. Getting it direct like that also cut down the price to much lower than what the supermarkets usually have it for (when they can get it, that is). Looking forward to oyster season. Good times!
    You're doing what some friends of ours are. They picked an architect (finally) and submitted their list of wants. He went off and designed the house, which came to 6500 square feet. ROTFLMAO! It's back to the drawing board for him I guess. As for us, our budget will limit us to a plan that the builder already has drawn up. The one we are meeting with will customize within their stock plans, so I will be able to get all the little things I want. Exciting stuff.

Enjoy the TV. I am a bit interested in learning more about Apple's new plan for streaming. I don't like the idea of having to cut down trees so a satellite will work.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hola! Buenos días, buenos tardes, whichever pertains to your time zone!

I come bringing fluffy Sparky drabbles, a result of a post I found on Tumblr (ie the death of me) with random dialogue prompts.

This one is, "Can I kiss you?" Mwah ha ha.

Spoiler:
      “Can I kiss you?”

As the last words that John ever expected Elizabeth to utter drowsily fell from her lips, he blinked hard, then looked at the slightly drunk woman that he was currently helping to stay upright.

"Umm, I don't think that's a great idea, Elizabeth."

"Why not? You let every other girl in the Pegasus Galaxy do it."

If seeing the normally competent leader of the Expedition act like a jealous fifteen year old wasn't so disturbing, he would have laughed.

He smirked instead. "Not everybody."

"Well, almost! You know, I think Rodney's right. You really are a Kirk."

John quickly tallied exactly how many Pegasus natives he had shared a kiss with, and just as quickly shook his head in self defense. "Not true. Kirk had a lady almost every episode. And I've only kissed five woman since we got here. Including you."

"Doesn't count," Elizabeth slurred as they came around the corner by her quarters, allowing John a sigh of relief that they had made it without falling, and also they had successfully avoided seeing any other Expedition members.

"True, we'd been taken over by a couple of aliens who wanted to kill each other, but physically it still happened."

"Why are you fighting so hard?" Elizabeth asked suddenly, spinning away from his grasp and landing against the wall as John waved a hand over her door controls. They slid open and he reached for her again, attempting to keep her steady until she could get inside to her bed. "I think you're afraid."

"And I think you're drunk, 'Lizabeth," he retorted, pressing one hand firmly against her back. "C'mon, you need to get some sleep."

"Will you stay?" she asked as her jacket found its way to the floor.

"I'll stay til you fall asleep."

Then she snorted and John had to control the urge to really laugh.

"Fine, I'll take what I can get," she acquiesced, falling onto the bed a little harder than John assumed she usually did.

He helped her get her boots off and pulled the cover over her, pulling over one of her sitting chairs and taking up residence next to the bed. "You need anything?"

"No," she murmured, more sleepy than drowsy. "I've got everything I need right here," she added, patting his knee.

She was out in less than five minutes.

The next morning, Elizabeth found a glass of water next to her bed with two aspirin and a note.

"Hope you're feeling better. John"

As she swallowed the pills, she wondered why there was a pair of lips drawn on the card.

Comment

It seems that I'm on a roll today. Here's another one. Prompt is: "I can't let you do that."

Spoiler:
        “I can’t let you do that.”

Elizabeth held a Wraith stunner in her hands, aimed at her military commander, and she wondered how the situation had come down to this.

John was standing next to a control panel, an Ancient tool in his hand that was attempting to override the door locks that had been set by the main computer in the control room. An hour ago, he had known that the room was flooded with gamma radiation.

Then his head had gotten sucked into some Ancient control interface, too similar to the one that Jack O'Neill had previous experience with, and he seemed to stop understanding English.

And Elizabeth was fluent in written Ancient, but verbalizing it in a complete conversation was a completely different matter.

One that it seemed might cost her the life of her friend. At this rate, the radiation would start to affect them within two minutes.

"John. Step away from the door."

He looked up at her with an expression akin to a child's. With a blink, he turned back to his work.

"John!" she screamed even louder, as if the higher decibels would get through the language barrier.

He did nothing, only continued to work at the door lock.

She closed her eyes, readying herself to stun him, until she heard a voice.

"Elizabeth, hold your fire!"

Elizabeth took a step back, then tapped her earpiece. "Rodney, what is it?"

"I don't know what Sheppard's doing, but the radiation levels are dropping in the room!"

She lowered the weapon, then took a step towards John. He muttered something as she touched his shoulder.

He looked up at her. "Mia indeeo asordo."

I need help.

"You need help. With what?" she murmured more to herself than to him.

He nodded. "Mia fron cruvus. Separerunt ex machinus. Mia indeeo statim curatio."

Her eyes widened. He must have been in more pain than she realized; his Ancient was broken, like a small wounded child trying to explain where he was hurt. But as she pieced the words together, she realized what he had been doing.

He wasn't trying to flood the compartment with radiation; rather, he was making it disappear so he could enter.

With her hand still on John's shoulder, she tapped her earpiece. "Rodney, the second that the radiation levels are low enough, open the doors. Carson, I need a medical team down here asap."

"Elizabeth, what is it?" McKay replied, the sound of keyboard clacks in the background.

"Whatever machine has affected John, the antidotal version is in this compartment."

"Are you sure?"

Matching her gaze to John's, she replied, "Absolutely."

An hour later, John regained consciousness in the infirmary.

Elizabeth was at his side, working on a sudoku puzzle. He let out a small groan as he tried to sit upright. "Did I get hit in the head?"

"Something like that," she replied lightly, placing her puzzle on the table. "How are you feeling?"

"Well, I can understand you now so I'm gonna say I'm doing a lot better than before. Do we have any idea what happened?"

"As best as Rodney and I have been able to determine, the machine was designed to help Ancients recover from cranial injuries. But someone who uses it without need causes the machine to work backwards. It's like taking aspirin when you don't have a headache, except in this case it induces one."

John nodded, seemingly satisfied with the explanation, and laid back. "Glad your understanding of Ancient is on the up and up. Thanks for being there."

"Thanks for making sure I didn't shoot you."

John's eyes widened in slight shock. "You had a gun?!"

"A Wraith stunner," she clarified. "In any event, I was happy not to use it."

He narrowed his eyes. "But you would have."

"Only if it was absolutely necessary to incapacitate you. But as it turns out, the Ancient consciousness that was implanted in you seemed to know that the machine had made a mistake. If I had shot you, it's entirely possible that we wouldn't be having this conversation."

John perked up. "So I saved the day?"

Elizabeth shrugged to one side. "Technically, Rodney was the one who detected the dropping radiation levels."

John groaned. "Crap. Just something else he can hold over me."

She patted his arm, then picked up her sudoku book again.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday! Waking up a little later now. Must be adjusting to Island Time.

OMG ShipperWriter, those two ficlets are adorable! I get such a kick out of Ancient tech gone awry, and Shep!whump is always a bonus.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          You're doing what some friends of ours are. They picked an architect (finally) and submitted their list of wants. He went off and designed the house, which came to 6500 square feet. ROTFLMAO! It's back to the drawing board for him I guess. As for us, our budget will limit us to a plan that the builder already has drawn up. The one we are meeting with will customize within their stock plans, so I will be able to get all the little things I want. Exciting stuff.
          LOL! We've got a square footage range that we want to stick to, about 2300-2500, and it'll be in the Craftsman style (think Greene & Greene and Frank Lloyd Wright). The real questions are where we want to place rooms in relation to sunlight and views (of which there are many).

Enjoy the TV. I am a bit interested in learning more about Apple's new plan for streaming. I don't like the idea of having to cut down trees so a satellite will work.
          As am I. Definitely hoping the rumors of a new version of the Apple TV box are true; that HBO NOW service looks awesome. And if we can indeed get fiber optic broadband up on our site as we're hoping, the streaming video will FLY.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            Hola! Buenos días, buenos tardes, whichever pertains to your time zone!

I come bringing fluffy Sparky drabbles, a result of a post I found on Tumblr (ie the death of me) with random dialogue prompts.

This one is, "Can I kiss you?" Mwah ha ha.

Spoiler:
            “Can I kiss you?”

As the last words that John ever expected Elizabeth to utter drowsily fell from her lips, he blinked hard, then looked at the slightly drunk woman that he was currently helping to stay upright.

"Umm, I don't think that's a great idea, Elizabeth."

"Why not? You let every other girl in the Pegasus Galaxy do it."

If seeing the normally competent leader of the Expedition act like a jealous fifteen year old wasn't so disturbing, he would have laughed.

He smirked instead. "Not everybody."

"Well, almost! You know, I think Rodney's right. You really are a Kirk."

John quickly tallied exactly how many Pegasus natives he had shared a kiss with, and just as quickly shook his head in self defense. "Not true. Kirk had a lady almost every episode. And I've only kissed five woman since we got here. Including you."

"Doesn't count," Elizabeth slurred as they came around the corner by her quarters, allowing John a sigh of relief that they had made it without falling, and also they had successfully avoided seeing any other Expedition members.

"True, we'd been taken over by a couple of aliens who wanted to kill each other, but physically it still happened."

"Why are you fighting so hard?" Elizabeth asked suddenly, spinning away from his grasp and landing against the wall as John waved a hand over her door controls. They slid open and he reached for her again, attempting to keep her steady until she could get inside to her bed. "I think you're afraid."

"And I think you're drunk, 'Lizabeth," he retorted, pressing one hand firmly against her back. "C'mon, you need to get some sleep."

"Will you stay?" she asked as her jacket found its way to the floor.

"I'll stay til you fall asleep."

Then she snorted and John had to control the urge to really laugh.

"Fine, I'll take what I can get," she acquiesced, falling onto the bed a little harder than John assumed she usually did.

He helped her get her boots off and pulled the cover over her, pulling over one of her sitting chairs and taking up residence next to the bed. "You need anything?"

"No," she murmured, more sleepy than drowsy. "I've got everything I need right here," she added, patting his knee.

She was out in less than five minutes.

The next morning, Elizabeth found a glass of water next to her bed with two aspirin and a note.

"Hope you're feeling better. John"

As she swallowed the pills, she wondered why there was a pair of lips drawn on the card.
            I love this one, SW!!!! I can so see John doing that.

It seems that I'm on a roll today. Here's another one. Prompt is: "I can't let you do that."

Spoiler:

Elizabeth held a Wraith stunner in her hands, aimed at her military commander, and she wondered how the situation had come down to this.

John was standing next to a control panel, an Ancient tool in his hand that was attempting to override the door locks that had been set by the main computer in the control room. An hour ago, he had known that the room was flooded with gamma radiation.

Then his head had gotten sucked into some Ancient control interface, too similar to the one that Jack O'Neill had previous experience with, and he seemed to stop understanding English.

And Elizabeth was fluent in written Ancient, but verbalizing it in a complete conversation was a completely different matter.

One that it seemed might cost her the life of her friend. At this rate, the radiation would start to affect them within two minutes.

He looked up at her with an expression akin to a child's. With a blink, he turned back to his work.

"John!" she screamed even louder, as if the higher decibels would get through the language barrier.

"I don't know what Sheppard's doing, but the radiation levels are dropping in the room!"

She lowered the weapon, then took a step towards John. He muttered something as she touched his shoulder.

I need help.

He nodded. "Mia fron cruvus. Separerunt ex machinus. Mia indeeo statim curatio."

Her eyes widened. He must have been in more pain than she realized; his Ancient was broken, like a small wounded child trying to explain where he was hurt. But as she pieced the words together, she realized what he had been doing.

He wasn't trying to flood the compartment with radiation; rather, he was making it disappear so he could enter.

With her hand still on John's shoulder, she tapped her earpiece. "Rodney, the second that the radiation levels are low enough, open the doors. Carson, I need a medical team down here asap."

"Elizabeth, what is it?" McKay replied, the sound of keyboard clacks in the background.

"Whatever machine has affected John, the antidotal version is in this compartment."

"Are you sure?"

Elizabeth was at his side, working on a sudoku puzzle. He let out a small groan as he tried to sit upright. "Did I get hit in the head?"

"Something like that," she replied lightly, placing her puzzle on the table. "How are you feeling?"

"Well, I can understand you now so I'm gonna say I'm doing a lot better than before. Do we have any idea what happened?"

"As best as Rodney and I have been able to determine, the machine was designed to help Ancients recover from cranial injuries. But someone who uses it without need causes the machine to work backwards. It's like taking aspirin when you don't have a headache, except in this case it induces one."

John nodded, seemingly satisfied with the explanation, and laid back. "Glad your understanding of Ancient is on the up and up. Thanks for being there."

"Only if it was absolutely necessary to incapacitate you. But as it turns out, the Ancient consciousness that was implanted in you seemed to know that the machine had made a mistake. If I had shot you, it's entirely possible that we wouldn't be having this conversation."

Elizabeth shrugged to one side. "Technically, Rodney was the one who detected the dropping radiation levels."

Well done.
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Spoiler:

I need help.

"Are you sure?"

I loved both of them. Such a nice treat on a yucky first day of Spring.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                OMG ShipperWriter, those two ficlets are adorable! I get such a kick out of Ancient tech gone awry, and Shep!whump is always a bonus.
                Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                I love this one, SW!!!! I can so see John doing that.

Well done.
                I loved both of them. Such a nice treat on a yucky first day of Spring.
                Gracias to all!

On a sad RL side note:
                Spoiler:
                My friend's brother, who suffered the heart attack, ended up not making it. But instead of being able to attend his funeral, I have duties at a good friend's wedding tomorrow, so it helps to alleviate some of the sadness.

Thank you for the hugs and the kind words. Much appreciated.

Comment

Hugs to you Shipperwriter!!

In other news - I was excited to learn that HBO wants to stream Game of Thrones everywhere at once, until I saw Belgium was not in the list. Typical, worldwide never means Belgium. Could have guessed at much.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

In other news - I was excited to learn that HBO wants to stream Game of Thrones everywhere at once, until I saw Belgium was not in the list. Typical, worldwide never means Belgium. Could have guessed at much.

Comment

Gracias to all!

On a sad RL side note:
                      Spoiler:
                      My friend's brother, who suffered the heart attack, ended up not making it. But instead of being able to attend his funeral, I have duties at a good friend's wedding tomorrow, so it helps to alleviate some of the sadness.

So sorry. Hope the happy occasion of the wedding helps with some of the sadness.
                      sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Gracias to all!

On a sad RL side note:
                        Spoiler:

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear about that. I do hope the joy of your friend's wedding helps to balance out the sadness. *hugs you*

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Grr, that's so annoying. Wonder if it's governmental regs or something like that that HBO doesn't want to deal with. Seems like that's the sticking point more often than not.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Gracias to all!

On a sad RL side note:
                          Spoiler:

You're welcome.

*Hugs tightly*
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Comment

It is - very lazy.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                It is - very lazy.
                                *high-fives*

Comment

Working...
                                X