No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and welcome to the season's first College Football Roundup!

On Friday, UTSA drew first blood as they beat Houston, 27-7 *high-fives Nolamom*, and yesterday came the big bonanza, with Virginia Tech trouncing William & Mary 34-9, Georgia beating Clemson 45-21, USC eating Fresno State alive 52-13, and Sheppard, Lorne, and the rest of Atlantis's airmen are all patting themselves on the back this morning as Air Force beat Nicholls 44-16. Sadly, the Marines of Atlantis are crying into their beer this morning as Navy fell to Ohio State 34-17.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Dancing Groot... that's all. And he shall be forever more connected to the Jackson Five's I Want You Back
      Every day should include dancing baby groot.
      sigpic
      sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by zbir View Post
        Yup, that was CFR
        Spoiler:

But I don't know if they are even in the first football league, now. A classic case of how the money works: few years ago, a guy brought Cluj's second team - railway's team (first being university's team), invested in some foreign players and in two years they won the championship and made it to the Champions League. Now the money stopped (IDN the reason) and the team is going to oblivion, again.
        (I, for one, I'm glad that the clashes between the supporters have been reduced ("we are Cluj's real team" "no, we are" *rolleyes* ); Seeing all the town walls covered in graffiti makes me sick.

And a screen cap from Hide & Seek (hoping it will show full size, not thumbnail)

Thought so.
        Spoiler:
        The part about money reminds me of what went on with the Pittsburgh Penguins in the National Hockey League here after they won their first 2 Stanley Cups. All of a sudden they had no money and had to trade everybody away.
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday and for those in the US, Happy Labor Day!

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
          Every day should include dancing baby groot.
          Absolutely! Dancing Baby Groot makes everything better.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Challenge #42 was all about suits.

Raduzhok

I NEED A HERO (men in a suit of armor):

Song lyrics: I Need A Hero: by Bonnie Tyler

FanGirl

sigpic

Comment

part two:

RiG

JadedWraith

copter

sigpic

Comment

Challenge #43

This weeks challenge is not about people, it's about things, specifically, inanimate objects. Two excellent examples are the stargate and the tardis. No people this week, just focus on objects. Have fun!

This week, please send your entries to Falcon Horus. I will be out of town, so she will be handling the challenge for me.

Entries are due to Falcon Horus by noon your time Monday September 8th.
                sigpic

Comment

It seemed I lacked total inspiration for suits... I tried something with MIB but wasn't satisfied with the result, thus declared a default.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

*listens to the crickets chirping*

Comment

Watching Classic Who... Third Doctor and I'm not sure I'm gonna like this one.

Beyond that, keeping an eye on the requests for the final sga_santa on LJ -- after what seemed like more McShep than I could stomach, there are finally some folks requestion other things, including Sparky.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Watching Classic Who... Third Doctor and I'm not sure I'm gonna like this one.
                            Oh dear... good luck with that.

Beyond that, keeping an eye on the requests for the final sga_santa on LJ -- after what seemed like more McShep than I could stomach, there are finally some folks requestion other things, including Sparky.
                            Yeah, more and more people are drifting away from the fandom. I think the announcement of the movieverse reboot/continuation and the very emphatic statement that they won't be using anything from the TVverse may have hastened it. Well, I suppose it had to happen sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Yeah, more and more people are drifting away from the fandom. I think the announcement of the movieverse reboot/continuation and the very emphatic statement that they won't be using anything from the TVverse may have hastened it. Well, I suppose it had to happen sometime.
                              Sad but true. Also, I just haven't had much to say lately.
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Oh dear... good luck with that.

Very well said. It has been a long time since the shows have been on and people find other interests. Sparky is still #1 in my heart though.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X