Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I don't think they did, but wasn't there a mention of a university in Elizabeth's profile?
    Didn't they indicate at some point that she went to Georgetown? Or was that fandom? And the only mention in connection with John was when he said his father's idea of rebellion was his going to Stanford instead of Harvard. But it was never confirmed that he went to Stanford.
    sigpic

    Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

    Comment


      I can't honestly remember the Elizabeth one.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

      Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

      Comment


        Well, finally got over a little health issue I was having and went back to my normal self today. Even cleaned the house a little. Made fajita chicken alfredo for dinner. Delicious.

        Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Didn't they indicate at some point that she went to Georgetown? Or was that fandom? And the only mention in connection with John was when he said his father's idea of rebellion was his going to Stanford instead of Harvard. But it was never confirmed that he went to Stanford.
        I went back and looked it up, but all I found was that she taught at Georgetown University. As far as I know, they never said anything onscreen about where she actually attended. My head canon is that she attended GT, though. Don't really know why.

        Meanwhile, I am desperately craving some new artwork. Be back in a bit!
        Last edited by ShipperWriter; 24 June 2014, 06:20 PM.

        Comment


          Originally posted by drewandian View Post
          My poor kids spent the whole day playing Wii and messing around on their iPods while I worked on my final paper. I only just submitted it about five minutes ago. Somehow, I don't think they'll be taking me out for a beer or two (although that would be appreciated!)
          Yay for getting final paper done. Like SK said, they's always milk and cookies. That works for me after an annoying day of work.

          Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          Well, finally got over a little health issue I was having and went back to my normal self today. Even cleaned the house a little. Made fajita chicken alfredo for dinner. Delicious.

          I went back and looked it up, but all I found was that she taught at Georgetown University. As far as I know, they never said anything onscreen about where she actually attended. My head canon is that she attended GT, though. Don't really know why.

          Meanwhile, I am desperately craving some new artwork. Be back in a bit!
          Glad you're health issue has improved, SW.

          If I remember right, wasn't that in Season 7 of SG-1?

          For some reason I always had Elizabeth pegged as having gone to an Ivy League school but Georgetown works too.
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

          Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

          Comment


            Originally posted by mandogater View Post
            Yay for getting final paper done. Like SK said, they's always milk and cookies. That works for me after an annoying day of work.
            Beer works great too.

            Glad you're health issue has improved, SW.

            If I remember right, wasn't that in Season 7 of SG-1?

            For some reason I always had Elizabeth pegged as having gone to an Ivy League school but Georgetown works too.
            I think they mentioned it a few other times during the run of SGA as well. Although with Elizabeth's IQ and diplomatic history, it's definitely a strong possibility that she wouldn't have popped up on the UN's radar if she hadn't already been a rising star at whatever Ivy school she attended. But then again, all I know about those kind of schools, I either learned from Wikipedia or Gilmore Girls.

            Comment


              Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
              Beer works great too.



              I think they mentioned it a few other times during the run of SGA as well. Although with Elizabeth's IQ and diplomatic history, it's definitely a strong possibility that she wouldn't have popped up on the UN's radar if she hadn't already been a rising star at whatever Ivy school she attended. But then again, all I know about those kind of schools, I either learned from Wikipedia or Gilmore Girls.
              Agreed. It's just that when I'm hungry after a bad day, I always seem to go and buy cookies of some sort.

              Same here with the bolded part.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

              Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

              Comment


                Ugh, well, the problem with Time Machine not playing nice with my new external drive is back. This piece of junk is going back tomorrow and I'm going to the Apple Store and getting a Time Capsule.

                Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                And the only mention in connection with John was when he said his father's idea of rebellion was his going to Stanford instead of Harvard. But it was never confirmed that he went to Stanford.
                Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                I went back and looked it up, but all I found was that she taught at Georgetown University. As far as I know, they never said anything onscreen about where she actually attended.
                Correct on both counts.

                I have to agree on the fandom/headcanon that Elizabeth may have been an Ivy Leaguer; given her area of study and the levels she achieved in her field, it just seems to make sense.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                Comment


                  Well, I spent a full hour on Gimp and nothing fruitful came of it. Maybe a good night's sleep will rejuvenate the pic!bunnies.

                  Night, everyone!

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                    Well, I spent a full hour on Gimp and nothing fruitful came of it. Maybe a good night's sleep will rejuvenate the pic!bunnies.

                    Night, everyone!
                    Ah, I'm not the only one who's had a annoying night of techie shenanigans! I think a good night's sleep would be wonderful.

                    Nighty night, all!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                    Comment


                      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                      Comment


                        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

                        Hmm, guess yesterday was a busy day for all of us...
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

                          Hmm, guess yesterday was a busy day for all of us...
                          Yup. Had to go deal with a family thing.

                          Staying at home cleaning today and doing some scrapbooking. Gonna work on some Sparky pics later.

                          Comment


                            Um, guys?

                            I did a weird thing:

                            Spoiler:


                            Don't read into it, there is no story to go along with it. It just ... happened. Like immaculate conception.

                            ETA: Redid it. I like this one better.

                            Last edited by ShipperWriter; 26 June 2014, 12:13 PM.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                              Um, guys?

                              I did a weird thing:

                              Spoiler:


                              Don't read into it, there is no story to go along with it. It just ... happened. Like immaculate conception.
                              I love that, and I also love your sig. Good work.

                              I guess summer is fully upon us, and everybody is running around like crazy. I'm finally finished with home improvement projects for the moment and am now planning our vacay for the fall to Las Vegas and Sedona.
                              sigpic

                              Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                              Comment


                                Gracias SR!!!

                                Made another one with Atlantis in the BG. It's snurchable if anyone wants to use it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X