Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Hi drew! Long time, no see! Good to know you're doing well!

Heh, you and me got hit at the same time. *high-fives and passes over some chocolate*
    *waves* I miss you guys! 14 more weeks of school...then I'll have all the time in the world (after work lol) to play!

and that makes three of us....ugh. (I'm super emotional; my kids made me cry twice today *sigh*)

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    Ah Criminal Minds. That's a show I never liked but ended up watching almost all of it anyway because it was on here so often and there was so much of it and was a way for me to spend an hour leisurely watching TV.

I once concocted the premise of a Criminal Minds/Transformers crossover for the sake of sheer randomness. Although I never wrote it.
    I've caught eps over and and over again and finally decided I wanted to see the show in it's entirety. Of course now I have a favorite character and of course it's a character who doesn't stay. But I'm determined to see this through, despite that.

I'm still working on getting through S4 & 5 of SGA :/
    My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
    sigpic

Comment

I always thought it was a little amusing how any characters who left the unit in Criminal Minds were coincidentally replaced by other people who fit the same description.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I always thought it was a little amusing how any characters who left the unit in Criminal Minds were coincidentally replaced by other people who fit the same description.
        My friend and I were talking about exactly this last night...i chalk it up to tbtb attempting to reach as large a demographic as possible.
        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
          Taking a Friday evening off of homework (long day, kids are here, no attention span lol) and popping in to say hello.

I've gotten myself all sucked into Criminal Minds and the way I'm fangirling and shipping and ficcing (I'm talkin' song fic :O ) reminds me of how I felt when I first started watching SGA and shipping Sparky. It's fun getting all excited about a show!

It also makes me miss you guys (I don't have anyone to flail over CM over)!!!
          Hi Drew! How have you been?
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Hi mandogater! I've been all right...pretty busy with work (9 hour days in child care...I'm exhausted!) and school. Busy is good though, because it keeps me out of trouble. Also very excited that school is almost over for my kids - can't wait to start our summer schedule!

How are you?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              So let's see what character I am.... ETA - so I'm Jadzia Dax. Well, I have decided to be Jadzia BEFORE the intro of Worf and all the crap that followed.
              Hmmm. I thought she hit her stride about half way through the second season. They had a tendency to make her a Jadzy-Sue at times, and it seemed the writers never quite got to grips with writing for 'both' characters (who was Dax, who was Jadzia). But if you'd asked me at the end of s6 which female character was expendable, it would have been Kira for sure (and Bashir overall).

Oh gateraid, you crack me up so much.
              As do you

Yes, well, s4 Carter = Weir + blonde hair and bigger boobs
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                So let's see what character I am.... ETA - so I'm Jadzia Dax. Well, I have decided to be Jadzia BEFORE the intro of Worf and all the crap that followed.

Oh gateraid, you crack me up so much.

Like you, I watch Say Yes To the Dress, Atlanta (which I greatly prefer to the NY one) and the home shows. What always gets me on the home shows is when a couple is buying a million dollar house but complains because they don't like the paint color in one room. Dude, you're rich. You're buying a million dollar house. You have enough money to pay someone to paint a freaking room.
                I don't like the NY one either. They get too many Bridezillas with horrible taste. I love Lori and Monty.

I hear you on the houses. I love the ones who live in a hovel that I wouldn't want to set foot in yet they complain that the million dollar house doesn't have a pool or something stupid like that. And the hovel in the Vancouver one sells for over $800k. Wow.

Maybe they thought we wouldn't notice.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Hmm, so I'm Kira Nerys. I think I'd rather be Jadzia. Freckles, yo.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  I don't like the NY one either. They get too many Bridezillas with horrible taste. I love Lori and Monty.

I hear you on the houses. I love the ones who live in a hovel that I wouldn't want to set foot in yet they complain that the million dollar house doesn't have a pool or something stupid like that. And the hovel in the Vancouver one sells for over $800k. Wow.
                  Location, location, location.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Maybe they thought we wouldn't notice.
                  Kinda like how SGA PTW thought we wouldn't notice when they tried to sweep Elizabeth under the rug?
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                    Hmmm. I thought she hit her stride about half way through the second season. They had a tendency to make her a Jadzy-Sue at times, and it seemed the writers never quite got to grips with writing for 'both' characters (who was Dax, who was Jadzia). But if you'd asked me at the end of s6 which female character was expendable, it would have been Kira for sure (and Bashir overall).

As do you

Yes, well, s4 Carter = Weir + blonde hair and bigger boobs
                    Well that was a little different. Carter was supposed to be military and a scientist. And her relationship with the rest of the cast didn't quite replicate Elizabeth's. Plus she was replaced by Woolsey which broke the chain.

Criminal Minds more or less had a trio of very similar female characters fill the exact same slot in the cast. Between the three of them I don't think even their hair color changed as much as Weir to Carter's did.

Also Deep Space Nine TITLES! WOOOOOOOH! Deep Space Nine is one of my all time favorite shows, and now I can understand all the references without having to ask.
                    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Also Deep Space Nine TITLES! WOOOOOOOH! Deep Space Nine is one of my all time favorite shows, and now I can understand all the references without having to ask.
                      Who's Kira?

And rewriting the rules of acquisition is Ferengi, isn't it?
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                        Hi mandogater! I've been all right...pretty busy with work (9 hour days in child care...I'm exhausted!) and school. Busy is good though, because it keeps me out of trouble. Also very excited that school is almost over for my kids - can't wait to start our summer schedule!

How are you?
                        Nine hour days in child care? You are my hero. I help watch my 13 month old neice after work for an hour or so most days and I'm exhausted when she leaves.

Other than my niece wearing me out most days I'm fine.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Who's Kira?

And rewriting the rules of acquisition is Ferengi, isn't it?
                          Kira Nerys. Bajoran. Military. If I remember right, she functions as the second in command of Deep Space Nine. Former Freedom fighter/terrorist during the Cardassian occupation of her homeworld.

And yeah the Rules of Acquisition are like the most important Ferengi legal document or something. It serves as a guideline for their culture.
                          Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 15 June 2014, 08:23 PM.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            Nine hour days in child care? You are my hero. I help watch my 13 month old neice after work for an hour or so most days and I'm exhausted when she leaves.

Other than my niece wearing me out most days I'm fine.
                            Yep...I'm the head teacher in an infant room. I have 4 babies all between 2 and 5 months old in my care everyday. Between that, squeezing in time to go walking every night, Bible study and homework, I am exhausted! But it's that good kind of tired...the kind where you feel like you've made a difference that day when you lay your head down at night. (and it's about to get busier, as I get my boys every other week for the next three months )
                            sigpic

Comment

What sort of homework? What do you study?
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

drew, you are a trooper!
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X