Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Hope you did well on the one exam, and good luck with the rest!

For all the claims that it almost never rains in Southern California, I've gotten caught in rain plenty of times. There was one really nasty downpour I had to walk through while I was at USC, my umbrella and jeans were soaked through, and my rain parka was nearly black it was so wet. I was sooo glad I didn't have any more classes after that one so I could go back to my apartment and get dried off and warmed up!
    That happened almost on a daily basis where I went to college in NC. And in south FL there is a downpour almost every day around 3pm.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      Yikes! Well I'm gonna seem a little crazy, but here goes: a couple years ago, I used to work at a grocery store and we lived on the beach. Had this really cute little cottage we rented that was literally at a beach access. So after work, I'd come home and go walking in the rain on the beach. Cooled me down and helped wash my clothes. LOL I love walking in the rain. Just not when it's freezing cold.
      Nah, that's not crazy. I love to walk around in the rain...as long as it's not dumping like it was that time.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      That happened almost on a daily basis where I went to college in NC. And in south FL there is a downpour almost every day around 3pm.
      Yet another reason why I'm looking forward to moving up to Washington. We'll be getting rain practically on a daily basis.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Then you're better off than me, Varda, cause I have no doubt my mark for today's exam's going to abominable to say the least... I doubt I'll pass. Damn all that attempt at decent studying.
        Which exam did you have? and when you'll know the results?
        But I do hope for the best!
        I've entered the Abyss and never returned.

sigpic

My links: Tumblr || Twitter || VK

Comment

Originally posted by Varda View Post
          Which exam did you have? and when you'll know the results?
          Computersystems - the ins and outs of the computer, chips, processors, OS, motherboards, ... and then some.
          We'll probably know the results by the end of January.

My second one on friday is C# (read C sharp) programming.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

This is mostly true.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Nah, that's not crazy. I love to walk around in the rain...as long as it's not dumping like it was that time.

Yet another reason why I'm looking forward to moving up to Washington. We'll be getting rain practically on a daily basis.
            I would love it if it rained every day but the sun came out afterwards, not just a sea of grey clouds.

Wow, that got descriptive. LOL

When are you planning on moving???

Comment

Hey! How're the things?

And thank you <3

I got caught a lot of times and this even was rather OK... but not in the middle of January, you know

Scary Kitty,
              I did well! Got an excellent mark ^^

Lucky you!
              Not too bad. My sister is starting to feel better after all her recent surgeries and I think she's walking better.

Other than studying for exams, how you doing?

You're welcome.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                Not too bad. My sister is starting to feel better after all her recent surgeries and I think she's walking better.

Other than studying for exams, how you doing?

You're welcome.
                That's really nice to hear!

If not for exams, everything is fine, thank you!
                The holidays were great, we celebrated the New Year with our grandparents who live in the countryside (800 km from Moscow or so), and then Christmas was wonderful, too!
                And now, as I don't have to go to university every day for a while, I game at home (screw the Steam Holiday Sale, now I'm almost penniless but own a bunch of new games, LOL) or go out with my friends. Bought a pair of figure skates!
                I've entered the Abyss and never returned.

sigpic

My links: Tumblr || Twitter || VK

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

I would love it if it rained every day but the sun came out afterwards, not just a sea of grey clouds.

Wow, that got descriptive. LOL
                  That seems to happen quite a bit. Morning showers, afternoon sun. Gotta help the flowers grow.

When are you planning on moving???
                  Depends on when the house down here sells. Hopefully we'll be up there by September.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Computersystems - the ins and outs of the computer, chips, processors, OS, motherboards, ... and then some.
                  We'll probably know the results by the end of January.

My second one on friday is C# (read C sharp) programming.
                  Well, I hope you get an awesome surprise and do better on the exams than you think you did!

The holidays were great, we celebrated the New Year with our grandparents who live in the countryside (800 km from Moscow or so), and then Christmas was wonderful, too!
                  And now, as I don't have to go to university every day for a while, I game at home (screw the Steam Holiday Sale, now I'm almost penniless but own a bunch of new games, LOL) or go out with my friends. Bought a pair of figure skates!
                  LOL, sounds like fun!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Do you remember this?
                    (Sorry, gateraid, that I shamelessly increase my post count on your expense. Again.
                    But I'm so excited when I find this pearls, that I have to share!
                    Say the word and I'll stop ..heavy hearted)

[so, ref.excessive attention to detail in writing]
                    Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                    " to borrow a JG criticism, the cow didn't just walk into the barn, she strolled casually in and noticed that the straw in the furthermost stall was soiled and in need of changing, so decided to pick another stall. This earned approval from the other two cows in the barn, whom she didn't bother communicating with due to their amusing looking horns"
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zbir View Post
                      Do you remember this?
                      (Sorry, gateraid, that I shamelessly increase my post count on your expense. Again.
                      But I'm so excited when I find this pearls, that I have to share!
                      Say the word and I'll stop ..heavy hearted)

[so, ref.excessive attention to detail in writing]
                      Oh, I remember that bit. We were talking about how some writers just go around in circles and really don't ever just get to the point. Really really badwritingbadwritingbadwriting.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I've been so worried about her while trying to help watch my niece, my stress levels have been through the roof for weeks. Now since she's doing better it's catching up to me, I think.

You're welcome.

Sounds like fun.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Oh, I remember that bit. We were talking about how some writers just go around in circles and really don't ever just get to the point. Really really badwritingbadwritingbadwriting.
                          And don't forget how they arbitrarily ignore canon the most nonsensical ways imaginable. Give me a well-written fanfic any day.

Comment

What I loved the most about that stream of comments (around page 5922) was the thoughtfull comments about the nature of fandom.
                            For example:
                            Every fandom seems to dislike the writers/producers and likes to bad mouth them no matter what they do. The very people who created the show and characters you loved in the beginning are now suddenly unable to do anything right? I know we had a lot of that with SGA and the change in showrunners did cause a lot of problems in S4-5, but it has been amusing and puzzling to see how many different opinions there are about the same subjects.
                            (real food for thoughts, if you ask me, along with the other's comments)
                            To be honnest, when I registrated here, my first intention (after reading some of the threads in the general discussions section) was to start a thread to ask: "is there possible that SGA derailed so bad (in form and substance) because the people in charge read the forums? (aka the most vocal, but non-representative part of the fandom)".
                            But, fortunately, I see my points already adressed in this thread.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zbir View Post
                              (real food for thoughts, if you ask me, along with the other's comments)
                              To be honnest, when I registrated here, my first intention (after reading some of the threads in the general discussions section) was to start a thread to ask: "is there possible that SGA derailed so bad (in form and substance) because the people in charge read the forums? (aka the most vocal, but non-representative part of the fandom)".
                              But, fortunately, I see my points already adressed in this thread.
                              Threads in such nature don't make it past the first page, if they even are allowed at all. Under the new set of rules, I doubt it to be fair. You would have been noodled by the mods.

They did read the forums ... and then you get featured in a blog post ... the height of my the rebellion I guess.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

And don't forget how they arbitrarily ignore canon the most nonsensical ways imaginable. Give me a well-written fanfic any day.
                                Same here. I've read plenty of fanfic written by many of the people on this thread that would have made MUCH better episodes than some of the ones we got. Especially in the last two seasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X