No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just posted over on LJ about the Sparky Advent calendar. I always seem to forget this until it's pretty late. I don't know if people even want to do it any more. I'm not particularly keen on organizing it, but if lots of people still want to produce art/fic then I will do it.

The post is over here. If you don't have LJ, please feel free to respond here. I suppose I should pimp it out on Tumblr too.

Comment

so i was watching the pilot of Almost Human and Karl Urban's John Kennex reminds me a little bit of Joe Flanigan's John Sheppard. a little bit.

Comment

I really enjoyed the premiere of Almost Human
        sigpic

Comment

You know I've always been a big fan of Karl Urban, and TV pickings have been pretty slim for me these days. I'm wondering if should give it Almost Human a shot. Still, trying to get invested into something new always feels like lot of effort.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
            You know I've always been a big fan of Karl Urban, and TV pickings have been pretty slim for me these days. I'm wondering if should give it Almost Human a shot. Still, trying to get invested into something new always feels like lot of effort.
            i think you should. I'm also a Big Fan of Karl Urban but this show reminds me of Blade Runner meets I Robot (both movies i enjoyed alot).

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              I just posted over on LJ about the Sparky Advent calendar. I always seem to forget this until it's pretty late. I don't know if people even want to do it any more. I'm not particularly keen on organizing it, but if lots of people still want to produce art/fic then I will do it.
              Positive response +1
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I could do a day or two of a Sparky Advent
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                  I really enjoyed the premiere of Almost Human
                  I liked it as well. Quite funny.
                  sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    i think you should. I'm also a Big Fan of Karl Urban but this show reminds me of Blade Runner meets I Robot (both movies i enjoyed alot).
                    The last thing Mr. SR and I need is another show, but since we recently dropped Arrow, maybe we'll give Almost Human a try. In case you're wondering, Arrow got too squirrelly for us…too much change from the premise, don't like the people…same old story.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Arrow didn't change... the story just evolved. A little sad to not have John Barrowman any more but perhaps there will be flashbacks... but there's always Summer Glau to look forward to.

Comment

i saw the first 5 episodes of season 1, dropped it like a hot potato and then picked it back up at the beginning of this season.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

That would be the only reason the whole arc would make sense. Because if he just needed the genetics, well... he had access to both Teyla's and Kanaan's, and had the ability to clone. So he really didn't need the baby. The only thing that made sense was that he loved her in his sick, Wraithy way.
                          Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          Connor Trinneer said that was how he played Michael, so I'd say it's safe to go with that idea. He seemed genuinely hurt when she rejected him. Good acting job, and once again the actor did a better job than the writers.
                          Indeed. Even before I'd read that interview, I'd had a feeling that's what was going on, and once I did read Trinneer's comments, everything just clicked into place.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          i always wondered if he mastered a cloning process and he cloned himself.
                          Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                          That's a popular fan theory about how to bring him back but it never made sense to me. His motives for his actions are all based on things that happened to him in his life. They wouldn't apply to a clone, even a clone with his memories.
                          Why not? The Carson clone that Michael created acts just like the original Carson did, with the same feelings and motivations.

I suppose we're all in the wrong by making the assumption that TPTW tried to plan out a long lasting arc, while in truth they were just flying by the seat of their pants.
                          That can be said for pretty much the entire series. Except for Season 1, where they actually did have something of a plan.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Why not? The Carson clone that Michael created acts just like the original Carson did, with the same feelings and motivations.
                            Except that is considered a plothole on the writer's part... Unless Michael was also able to imprint this clone with - lack for better word - a soul.

Comment

sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Michael's existential crisis is centered around the fact that he's alone. He's unique and one of a kind. Betrayed and rejected by both wraith and humanity, his only companion is revenge. Having another being who fits that exact bill kind of mucks that up a little bit. And the clone will have to deal with the fact that'd he feel all those memories but none of them would be real. I'm not entirely sure he'd thank Michael for it. There's also the fact that with Michael's weird thing for Teyla, he probably wouldn't want to create somebody else with the same desire. Surely that alone would cause problems for the clones?

The duplicates of the team that the rouge Asuarans created or the clone Carson may have essentially the same personality as the original team but they can't have exactly the same sense of identity because they know they aren't the "really" them. And Michael's motives fotr galactic domination are inherently caught up in his sense of identity.
                                Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 19 November 2013, 10:49 AM.
                                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                                X