X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    Ouch!!

Spoiler:
    That reminds me of what happened to a kid at a wrestling meet I covered while working for the local paper years ago. He dislocated the tip of his pinky and broke it just above the same joint. The first hospital he was taken to wouldn't touch him and he was sent to another hospital in another town.

Glad your's doesn't look that bad. Hopefully your's will heal on it's own.
    And that reminds me of the story in Vegas about the guy's nanny, or was it a housekeeper, which turned out to be true of Joe's nanny. Hilarious and creepy at the same time.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Cringe indeed. The only bone I ever broke was my baby toe, which healed on its own. But it hurts like the dickens sometimes still, years later.

I remember something like this happening (the files, not the finger) when I first got my Mac, but since I turn all those sorts of things over to Mr. SR and just wipe it out of my brain, I don't know the solution. I checked my documents folder and found that all my old files are .rtf files, so I'm guessing that was what I ended up having to do. SK can probably help you. Try opening them in Pages.
      I found an online cloud converter which let me upload them, convert them, and download from Dropbox. So far, it works really well. In small doses. I can only do 25 a day, but since I lost many docs when a backup went bad, it's not a huge number to convert.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      Ouch!!

Spoiler:
      That reminds me of what happened to a kid at a wrestling meet I covered while working for the local paper years ago. He dislocated the tip of his pinky and broke it just above the same joint. The first hospital he was taken to wouldn't touch him and he was sent to another hospital in another town.

Glad your's doesn't look that bad. Hopefully your's will heal on it's own.
      Ouch, indeed. I'm hoping that the doctor will just pop it back into place and give me a cast and let it heal. Praying I don't need anything more invasive than that.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

JT-2, Sparky She-Demon, I hope your family members will be feeling better soon. *hugs*

ShipperWriter, OW that finger looks painful! I broke my wrist back when I was at USC--used it to try to catch myself as I was falling and ended up squishing a couple of the bones together--the orthopedic surgeon at the campus clinic said if there was a good way to break my wrist, that was it. I wore one of those removable soft casts for about six weeks and I was as good as new.

I remember something like this happening (the files, not the finger) when I first got my Mac, but since I turn all those sorts of things over to Mr. SR and just wipe it out of my brain, I don't know the solution. I checked my documents folder and found that all my old files are .rtf files, so I'm guessing that was what I ended up having to do. SK can probably help you. Try opening them in Pages.
        Unfortunately, Pages (at least Pages '09, I don't know about the latest version as I haven't installed it yet) doesn't handle .wps files. It will open .doc files, however.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

JT-2, Sparky She-Demon, I hope your family members will be feeling better soon. *hugs*

ShipperWriter, OW that finger looks painful! I broke my wrist back when I was at USC--used it to try to catch myself as I was falling and ended up squishing a couple of the bones together--the orthopedic surgeon at the campus clinic said if there was a good way to break my wrist, that was it. I wore one of those removable soft casts for about six weeks and I was as good as new.
          Yowza. I broke my collarbone twice in four months when I was 8, but it's much easier to set than a pinky, I imagine. We'll see what the doctor deems necessary tonight, whether it be a cast or pins, God forbid. I'll probably end up posting a picture, knowing me and my need for attention.

Unfortunately, Pages (at least Pages '09, I don't know about the latest version as I haven't installed it yet) doesn't handle .wps files. It will open .doc files, however.
          Yeah, it wouldn't even consider letting me open them. But I found a way and most importantly, it's free.

Comment

Well, update...
            Spoiler:
            My aunt got placed into a rehab facility. Her insurance allows someone to be admitted to rehab straight from the ER (thank goodness). They moved her last night. The physical therapy department has already been in to see her. I think that's what she really needs at this point. Last night they were giving her kidney stone level drugs straight into her IV, and she still couldn't really move.

Thanks for all the thoughts and well wishes, everyone!

Sparky She-Demon - I hope your mom gets better soon!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Good luck with your aunt, JT-2. I'd hold of on that sugar daddy though, maybe try the lottery first.
            I'd say my odds of landing either are approximately the same.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            So I finally got everything transferred to my Mac, but MS Word won't open the old .wps files from my laptop. Grr. So if anyone knows of an easier way than resaving all the files on my old laptop, please let me know.

Oh, and in case anyone's interested, here's the X-ray from my pinky.

Spoiler:
            Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            *cringes*
            My thoughts exactly. Yikes!! Good luck!!

Comment

She's not doing so hot. She's getting an MRI.
              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                I'd say my odds of landing either are approximately the same.
                Oh dear...

Edit:

My ten million new friends want to say hi!

Going to drown them with hot apple tea with honey and cinnamon (and two sugars).
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I found an online cloud converter which let me upload them, convert them, and download from Dropbox. So far, it works really well. In small doses. I can only do 25 a day, but since I lost many docs when a backup went bad, it's not a huge number to convert.

Ouch, indeed. I'm hoping that the doctor will just pop it back into place and give me a cast and let it heal. Praying I don't need anything more invasive than that.
                  Hopefully a cast is all you'll need. *Crosses fingers and toes*

And that reminds me of the story in Vegas about the guy's nanny, or was it a housekeeper, which turned out to be true of Joe's nanny. Hilarious and creepy at the same time.
                  Yes it was.
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Well, despite my hopes and everyone's best wishes, I'm having surgery today at 2:30pm to insert pins in my pinky. They're not permanent and will be removed when the finger's straight, but not looking forward to my first surgery in 25 years. Gonna be loopy this weekend, so I'm staying away from electronics.

Thanks for your concerns! Will see you when I get feeling better!

Comment

Ouch... good luck Shipperwriter!
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Well, despite my hopes and everyone's best wishes, I'm having surgery today at 2:30pm to insert pins in my pinky. They're not permanent and will be removed when the finger's straight, but not looking forward to my first surgery in 25 years. Gonna be loopy this weekend, so I'm staying away from electronics.

Yikes! Now that is one nasty Halloween trick! Hope you're feeling better soon! *hugs you*
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hope you feel better soon SW!
                            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Oh noes! Good luck. It won't be so bad. Mr. SR had pins inserted in one of his toes and went to a football game wearing his boot with the pins holding the toe in place sticking up. Now he has one straight toe. LOL
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hope everything goes well, SW.
                                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Working...
                                X