Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the responses about Games of Thrones. Now I don't know when I'll get to watching it. I thought it was included in Amazon Prime but it isn't. And it's not instant access under Netflix either. Yeah I can get the DVDs through Netflix, but that's a pain in the behind. I got the first disc for True Blood and it only had 2 episodes!! TWO. I like being able to watch however many episodes at a time as I want. *I am spoiled*

Comment

Happy Birthday to Lt.Colonel John Sheppard!!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          Oh sweet! I have someone to share a birthday with! (yes, it's my birthday today, too ) Here, have some cake with me!

(This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Because I'm a sentimental fool, and because I wish someone would look at me like that

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the responses about Games of Thrones. Now I don't know when I'll get to watching it. I thought it was included in Amazon Prime but it isn't. And it's not instant access under Netflix either. Yeah I can get the DVDs through Netflix, but that's a pain in the behind. I got the first disc for True Blood and it only had 2 episodes!! TWO. I like being able to watch however many episodes at a time as I want. *I am spoiled*
              We dropped the instant streaming on Netflix because they didn't have a lot of good ones. Then we went to Amazon Prime, only to find out their selection is even worse. I love their free shipping though.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Oh sweet! I have someone to share a birthday with! (yes, it's my birthday today, too ) Here, have some cake with me!

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/y...elvet-cake.jpg
              Happy Birthday to both of you. Add some ice cream to that cake.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

From a recent GOT newbie--books and movies to me have been relatively balanced in terms of the gratuitous everything--like, HBO didn't have to stretch too far to make it HBO worthy (though they add in some stuff that I was like 'WTH--don't the books have enough without you having to make up new gratuitous stuff?).

But overall, casting for the show was FABULOUS. One of the best casts I've seen in a while, and the production is lovely, and thankfully not too long, which means nothing drags out. The story is good, though, as someone pointed out, if you have issues with mistreatment of women, be prepared. The show has gore, but after The Walking Dead nothing phases me.

The opening credits are one of my favorite opening credit sequences of all time.

Just--don't get attached to anyone. Not to anyone--or to any ship pairing. Go shipless here. Martin is notorious for loss of life and wrecking of ship potential. I'd advise you to just enjoy the entire thing, have a few favorite characters, maybe, but let them do what they will with all of them and not expect anything. No one is safe. As one of my least favorite characters first says early in the series--'when you play the game of thrones, you win, or you die'.

There is a lot more dying than winning.

Do you have a tv provider? Except for the DVDs, the only way to watch GOT is via HBOGo. HBO made is exclusive to that service. But if you can get it, they have all 3 season for free. I had myself some iPad love (though it was interesting, trying to shield certain aspects of episodes while watching in the office at lunchtime. )
                Last edited by Eri13; 07 October 2013, 04:25 AM. Reason: Had to finish my thought!
                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Hey Scary Kitty - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dang, you've got your privacy settings locked up. I didn't see your birthday show up anywhere (FB, LJ, here).

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                    From a recent GOT newbie--books and movies to me have been relatively balanced in terms of the gratuitous everything--like, HBO didn't have to stretch too far to make it HBO worthy (though they add in some stuff that I was like 'WTH--don't the books have enough without you having to make up new gratuitous stuff?).

But overall, casting for the show was FABULOUS. One of the best casts I've seen in a while, and the production is lovely, and thankfully not too long, which means nothing drags out. The story is good, though, as someone pointed out, if you have issues with mistreatment of women, be prepared. The show has gore, but after The Walking Dead nothing phases me.

The opening credits are one of my favorite opening credit sequences of all time.

Just--don't get attached to anyone. Not to anyone--or to any ship pairing. Go shipless here. Martin is notorious for loss of life and wrecking of ship potential. I'd advise you to just enjoy the entire thing, have a few favorite characters, maybe, but let them do what they will with all of them and not expect anything. No one is safe. As one of my least favorite characters first says early in the series--'when you play the game of thrones, you win, or you die'.

Do you have a tv provider? Except for the DVDs, the only way to watch GOT is via HBOGo. HBO made is exclusive to that service. But if you can get it, they have all 3 season for free. I had myself some iPad love (though it was interesting, trying to shield certain aspects of episodes while watching in the office at lunchtime. )
                    Thanks for the advice! We don't get HBO, but I can get the discs. Or find some other means.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                      Hahahah! Love it!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      Because I'm a sentimental fool, and because I wish someone would look at me like that

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...eraid/look.jpg
                      Hee! Torri and Joe are able to do such adorably derpy faces.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      Happy Birthday to both of you. Add some ice cream to that cake.
                      Mmmm, ice cream...

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

This. All of this, so much. Definitely seconding the rec to use HBO Go if you already get HBO; that's also how I got caught up on the series when I first started watching. Very useful to have.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

holy crap i forgot that today is my birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          Busy day, I reckon...
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Busy day, I reckon...
                            yeah. it's been just one of those days.

Comment

Happy Birthday to Lt.Colonel John Sheppard and Scary Kitty!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Remember it for next week. We're gonna need it.

Probably the same thing he'd say about Zelenka's still in the science lab: "I don't want to know. If I don't know, then I can't report it. So I don't want to know."
                              Consider it done. I might even have another fun one or two by then.

I can see him taking that approach.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              I plan to go back and read the postathon tomorrow, but I had to comment on this. WTF indeed. I was liking this season, but now I'm just not sure about these new showrunners. I'm thinking maybe they should have kept this just about the railroad.
                              I agree completely, SR.
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                                Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday to SK too! <3
                                My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X