• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Aw...
    Back at ya. *Tackle hugs*

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

Season 5 doesn't piss me off as much as Season 4 did, but it did piss me off. But then there was a bunch of it that just bored me.
    Same here. I liked several of the ideas but hated how they ended up on screen.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    Well, I know I'm that one weird guy who hangs out here with this opinion but I still more or less liked season 5. (And four)

Although, my relationship with the last 2 seasons was very complicated and partially predicated on a sense hopefulness things would improve that I realize now was probably unwarranted, but still am glad I had. If that makes sense.

Still, I think it's important to try to recognize the good things in the show, even if they are mixed in with not so good things. And SGA isn't the only thing I make the effort to apply this to.

Those seasons had an expanded role for Todd and for the Stargate PTB, he's honestly what I consider some of their best work. Plus Woolsey was a great improvement on Sam for head of the expedition, both for the character and for the show. Plus Joe Flanigan did a lot of great angst acting for John. And personally I found a lot of themes enjoyably explored in many of the episodes on that list. ALso some of the space battles were cool.

Most of them anyway... a couple were generally just ugh....

Oh and hi guys.I guess I'm back It's been a long time since I posted in this thread.
    Welcome back. I totally agree with the bolded part.

I'm back in school, studying IT (classes include C# programming, computersystems, Word & Excell, HTML & CSS, and databases next semester). At the moment working my way through MS Excell, which my muse and the procrastination imp make to be quite a challenge. I have my WWII fic opened -- they made me do it.
    Still unemployed though...
    Lets hope your job hunt doesn't last anywhere near as long as mine. At least your learning new things. That should help with the job hunt.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Same here. S5 is the only one that has eps I have little memory of. And I watched all of them more than once....well...except Brainstorm. *shudders*
    I actually had to force myself to watch Brainstrom when I bought the DVDs. It's the only episode of Atlantis I didn't watch when it first aired. I still haven't found a big enough dose of brain bleach to wash it from my mind though.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

A couple of weeks ago I caught Brainstorm, or the end of it anyway... and my sister and I commented our way through it, which made the episode all the more fun.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I didn't finish the last 10 minutes of Brainstorm. I just couldn't take it any more. Like I said, my last kidney stone was more pleasant. At least the ER gave me some morphine.

Comment

You missed the death of Keller... even though it didn't stick.

Comment

You missed the death of Keller... even though it didn't stick.
            You knew TPTW would never kill off their new toy.

The only good thing about Brain Storm I can think of is that it brought together Sheyla and Sparky shippers in realizing we were both lucky our ships never became canon. I've had that conversation with a few of their shippers. It's something we can wholeheartedly agree on.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              You knew TPTW would never kill off their new toy.
              Yes, but for one moment... just one moment... she did die, until Rodney finds his inner Jack Dawson and runs to his Rose... [cue: My Heart Will Go On]

Comment

TPTW didn't want to lose their new Barbie?
                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Good morning, everybody!!!

It is raining for the third or fourth day in a row. Not sure, we've lost count. Kids are hoping that school will be called off because of all the rain.

And considering that this week is season premiere week? Oy. Vey. Someone pour me something very tall and strong.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                    And considering that this week is season premiere week? Oy. Vey. Someone pour me something very tall and strong.
                    Short on hours to watch TV... I made a sticky note to keep track on what to download/watch on what day.

Here be my list:

Spoiler:

*Tuesday*

Sleepy Hollow
                    Castle

*Wednesday*

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
                    NCIS
                    NCIS:LA

*Friday *

The Michael J. Fox Show
                    Elementary

TV
                    Strictly Come Dancing BBC1 (UK)

*Saturday*

Hawaii Five-O

TV
                    Strictly Come dancing BBC1 (UK)
                    Atlantis BBC1

Premiere dates!
                    Arrow 09/10 (season 2)
                    Covert Affairs 17/10 (2nd half of season 4)
                    Reign 17/10 (pilot)

Comment

Short on hours to watch TV... I made a sticky note to keep track on what to download/watch on what day.

Here be my list:

Spoiler:

*Tuesday*

Sleepy Hollow
                      Castle

*Wednesday*

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
                      NCIS
                      NCIS:LA

*Friday *

The Michael J. Fox Show
                      Elementary

TV
                      Strictly Come Dancing BBC1 (UK)

*Saturday*

Hawaii Five-O

TV
                      Strictly Come dancing BBC1 (UK)
                      Atlantis BBC1

Premiere dates!
                      Arrow 09/10 (season 2)
                      Covert Affairs 17/10 (2nd half of season 4)
                      Reign 17/10 (pilot)
                      Part of your list sounds like mine. We like Sleepy Hollow so far a lot and DVR'd Agents of Shield and both NCIS shows for tonight, though we're getting a bit bored with NCIS LA, except for Hettie. Mr. SR actively hates Deeds. I think it must be the hair, and so that's what happened to H50. I'll have to make sure the DVR catches it. We also watched The Blacklist and thought it was very good.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

My sister and I plan a premiere watch tonight... Castle, Shield and both NCIS shows. And after that I'll watch Sleepy Hollow alone.

We just finished Elementary season 1 so we're right on time for season 2.

Comment

Elementary is great, isn't it FH?

What did you think of that finale? Cool huh and completely original!
                          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                            Elementary is great, isn't it FH?
                            Miller & Liu have awesome chemistry together. In fact, the whole cast does. The stories are fun, and so are the characters. I really enjoy it, including solving the cases ourselves.

And I LOVE the intro... so whenever it's just the title my sister and I were protesting loudly.

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                            What did you think of that finale? Cool huh and completely original!
                            I thought it was a bit slow, compared to the rest of the season, but it sure was surprising all the way to the end.

Comment

Miller & Liu have awesome chemistry together. In fact, the whole cast does. The stories are fun, and so are the characters. I really enjoy it, including solving the cases ourselves.

And I LOVE the intro... so whenever it's just the title my sister and I were protesting loudly.

I thought it was a bit slow, compared to the rest of the season, but it sure was surprising all the way to the end.
                              I wasn't expecting *that* to be true! My dad is a Holmes nut and was surprised, but pleased!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

So far, all I'm watching this season are Sleepy Hollow (very awesome) and Agents of SHIELD (pilot's a little clunky, I'm hoping it will pick up as we go forward). Possibly Person of Interest.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X