No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like there is an invisible thread in that pic, right between their hearts.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Someone in the Season One Sanctuary thread noticed something interesting. The person asked if John stole the statue to give to Elizabeth.

Now, I know it's just the prop team recycling, but it's a fun idea. Apparently John likes to bring back presents from all the different worlds to Lizzeh. But she's just a boss, right?
    Right.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I was going to post this on Sunday:

Spoiler:
      My weekend to work but no overtime, so writing the stories had to wait until today, and OF COURSE somebody updated the server last night. We’re also in the home stretch of a massive special project, and trying to work on that, and of course the server didn’t recognize anybody and wouldn’t allow any access. The tech guy had to be called in on Sunday morning and reboot the server four, count ‘em, four times just to get it where it kind of worked. So a project that should’ve taken three hours took almost five.

That’s completely separate from trouble with my hard drive, which for whatever reason is insisting it’s almost full, despite the fact I’ve removed a ton of stuff from it. It’s gotten to the point where it won’t save photos unless it’s restarted first. But I was too mad to investigate further today. There’s always tomorrow for more trouble.

But the power went off just after I wrote it and by the time it came back on I was too mad to sit down at any computer.

Then yesterday:

Spoiler:
      I figured out what was clogging the hard drive – after it refused to save a finished story, a good 15 inches, and I had to start over. It had bits and pieces of stuff that had been parked there for up to five years. That included a million pictures from the last reporter, the current editor, so I couldn’t just dump them.

And of course my computer can’t burn DVDs and it would’ve taken all week to burn enough CDs, so the files had to be uploaded to the editorial server, which sent Production into palpitations because the files were six gigabytes and the editorial server is getting full. So the special sections editor had to drop what he was doing and help me get it onto DVDs forthwith. At least I can save a story now.

But that’s not all:

Spoiler:
      The sports guys were almost done with the last page of the sports section and the whole editorial server went down. Luckily it didn’t eat the whole section, but it took two hours to get it to the press.

So to Scary Kitty, struggling with your balky computer, I can soooo relate. My sincere sympathy.

Comment

I can see I didn’t make myself clear in something I wrote earlier. I don’t think the Atlantis movie will be made, especially not with a script by the m&m boys. Their credibility is nil, in fact it’s less than zero if that’s possible with credibility.

But I do think the Stargate franchise will be revived at some point, and sooner rather than later. With a whole new onscreen team and probably some new writers, of course, but they would undoubtedly have to answer questions hanging around from the former series. And the answers would be bound to infuriate some part of the fan base. That’s just how these things work.

But. If a new writing team handled it right, they could treat all the existing characters with respect and bring most of the audience along. I think that’s what annoyed me most about the m&ms. They didn’t respect the characters, and they didn’t respect the audience. Not just in the case of Elizabeth, but in the case of Daniel. It was therefore pretty funny to notice that Michael Shanks became the linchpin after he returned and Mr. Anderson left.

Comment

Originally posted by smalltowngirl View Post

Spoiler:
          My weekend to work but no overtime, so writing the stories had to wait until today, and OF COURSE somebody updated the server last night. We’re also in the home stretch of a massive special project, and trying to work on that, and of course the server didn’t recognize anybody and wouldn’t allow any access. The tech guy had to be called in on Sunday morning and reboot the server four, count ‘em, four times just to get it where it kind of worked. So a project that should’ve taken three hours took almost five.

That’s completely separate from trouble with my hard drive, which for whatever reason is insisting it’s almost full, despite the fact I’ve removed a ton of stuff from it. It’s gotten to the point where it won’t save photos unless it’s restarted first. But I was too mad to investigate further today. There’s always tomorrow for more trouble.

But the power went off just after I wrote it and by the time it came back on I was too mad to sit down at any computer.

Then yesterday:

Spoiler:
          I figured out what was clogging the hard drive – after it refused to save a finished story, a good 15 inches, and I had to start over. It had bits and pieces of stuff that had been parked there for up to five years. That included a million pictures from the last reporter, the current editor, so I couldn’t just dump them.

And of course my computer can’t burn DVDs and it would’ve taken all week to burn enough CDs, so the files had to be uploaded to the editorial server, which sent Production into palpitations because the files were six gigabytes and the editorial server is getting full. So the special sections editor had to drop what he was doing and help me get it onto DVDs forthwith. At least I can save a story now.

But that’s not all:

Spoiler:
          The sports guys were almost done with the last page of the sports section and the whole editorial server went down. Luckily it didn’t eat the whole section, but it took two hours to get it to the press.

So to Scary Kitty, struggling with your balky computer, I can soooo relate. My sincere sympathy.
          That sounds like a typical day in the life of Mr. SR. I've learned that when he has to work on Saturday and he says "It should only take a couple of hours" that he'll be gone all day and it still won't be fixed.

I can see I didn’t make myself clear in something I wrote earlier. I don’t think the Atlantis movie will be made, especially not with a script by the m&m boys. Their credibility is nil, in fact it’s less than zero if that’s possible with credibility.
          We must all remember that M&M have plenty of credibility with the networks, both SyFy and MGM. It's the fans who hold them in contempt, and even some of them think they did a fine job. That said, I know the movie won't be made. At least not the script they have written. Too much time has passed.

But I do think the Stargate franchise will be revived at some point, and sooner rather than later. With a whole new onscreen team and probably some new writers, of course, but they would undoubtedly have to answer questions hanging around from the former series. And the answers would be bound to infuriate some part of the fan base. That’s just how these things work.

But. If a new writing team handled it right, they could treat all the existing characters with respect and bring most of the audience along. I think that’s what annoyed me most about the m&ms. They didn’t respect the characters, and they didn’t respect the audience. Not just in the case of Elizabeth, but in the case of Daniel. It was therefore pretty funny to notice that Michael Shanks became the linchpin after he returned and Mr. Anderson left.
          This I agree with, but not for a long time. It will start over with another cast of hot younger actors and will follow whatever trends are popular at the time. Some part of the fan base is bound to be furious no matter what they do.

Also remember that MGM owns the show, and they are the ones who approved the Legacy book series. Now do you really think they respect the characters or care about canon? You have to think they must want to make money, but even that motivation is puzzling considering that a goodly percentage of fans have expressed open disdain toward these books. And they are actually considering approving 2 more books in the series.
          sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Someone in the Season One Sanctuary thread noticed something interesting. The person asked if John stole the statue to give to Elizabeth.

Now, I know it's just the prop team recycling, but it's a fun idea. Apparently John likes to bring back presents from all the different worlds to Lizzeh. But she's just a boss, right?
            Yep. Suuuuure she's just his boss.

And ouch, smalltowngirl, that is seriously not happy about your computer! *hugs you* But good to hear it's being fixed.

As to the issue of a Stargate reboot, I agree that it's probably not going to happen for at least another decade if not longer, and as SR described, it'll likely be with an all new cast of hawt young things with new showrunners calling the shots, with M&M not even involved. I've also been hearing off-and-on rumblings about possibly continuing the feature films with the story that Roland Emmerich wanted to do, which would cut the SG-1/Atlantis/Universe story out of the picture entirely. Though at this point, I hardly care. We have fandom. We don't need MGM anymore.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Torri Higginson Info on twitter says that Torri is now on twitter herself: https://twitter.com/torri_Higginson
              I think it's legit.
              sigpic

Comment

Have just realised I've been quite happily posting these on Tumblr and not shared them with you!
                sigpic
                Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Are these available to be snurched?
                  sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                    Are these available to be snurched?
                    Sure, help yourself
                    sigpic
                    Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                      Sure, help yourself
                      Will do that tomorrow.
                      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                        Smart guy! My dad got me hooked good and early on Star Wars!
                        Thanks, Sparky.

Your dad sounds like an equally smart guy. Wonder how long before I can get my niece into the EU novels.

Spoiler:

Then yesterday:

Spoiler:

But that’s not all:

Spoiler:

Sounds like you work for a newspaper, smalltowngirl. If so been there and done that. I hope you don't have all the same problems I did with the paper I used to work for.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Deliberate repost

Have just realised I've been quite happily posting these on Tumblr and not shared them with you!
                          I am in love with your work, Madness reigns.

Since I can't green you again yet, huge mental green.
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            Thanks, Sparky.
                            Your dad sounds like an equally smart guy. Wonder how long before I can get my niece into the EU novels.
                            And this was much to the chagrin of my DM.

Comment

Those were just stunning. I don't know which one I like best.
                              sigpic

Comment

I have skimmed over things, once again

Spoiler:

It's recycling, to be sure, to be sure.

Here's what's going on in that second pic though:

Lizzie has just been dumped by O'Neill, and she's thinking....

Huh. You know what, Jack? I'm glad I'm not like you. This has been the greatest experience of my life. Not only professionally - what else will match this, right?? - but I had sex with the love of my life right here on this desk. I lived life to the fullest - how does that feel? Does your ten year will they/won't they/uh, they didn't/tragic trainwreck of a non-romance burn you, just a little?

And by the way, Sir, you might be the General, but in this room, on that desk, he's the god damned Commander in Chief

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                                Seige I?? I love the extras in the background. They have chemistry

Wait - baldy is staring right at the camera. Feed him to the wraith
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X