Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annelantis View Post
    Hey guys,

Hope you're all well. Sorry for not being around for a couple of days. Hectic time yet again. Also catching up with Longmire and The Newsroom.

Anyway, there's not really a lot to say that I disagree with or need to comment on. In terms of birthdays I did not know that there was a bio for John and Elizabeth with their DOBs. I have just always gone with the RL in that he is a couple of years older than her.

SK - hope you get your computer sorted soon.

As for Woolsey being put in charge, I think this is one of the reasons S5 is better than S4. I think a civilian should be in charge of Atlantis. It did not make any kind of sense for Sam to be chosen. Personally, I always secretly wondered what would have happened had Daniel been put in charge in S4. Then, of course, Elizabeth has to come back (in my la-de-da land she can be in charge again!).

Also, I have been watching some episodes of Sanctuary and am enjoying it. As an English woman I avoided it for a long time because I did not want to hear AT doing a terrible English accent - things like that can really get on my nerves! But it's not bad - the accent and the show! Has anyone else watched it? Worth getting on blu-ray?
    Well worth the buying!
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Oh my gosh, Annelantis, your new chapter, 13, is just wow! I am all choked up here. All the emotions on this chapter were just… wow!! I am speechless. Wonderful job you have done here, wow!!! Well done!!!

3. There are so many fans of SGA who seem to want different things, how could a movie be made that would please everyone?
      *Sigh* Unfortunately, at this moment in time it is just a dream. I shall keep writing my story and picturing it in my head as if it were happening on screen and do the same when the next episode of Atlantis:Rising hits the net. *Bites nails in anticipation*
      I agree. I think they would never be able to please everyone, so, in a way, it is better if things are kept the way they are. And meanwhile we can always enjoy Atlantis on SGA Rising!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      There was a great episode tag story on LJ. It's located here. It's a follow up to The Real World. I highly recommend.
      Fic rec for Smutty Tuesday. It's a five times story located here.
      Thank you for the recs.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      It was Sora, in The Storm/The Eye series. For some reason that always sticks out to me: 'we need the Atlanteans to be cooperative'. I always wondered why they never referenced it like that again.
      Thank you. Now that you mentioned the sentence in which Sora uses the expression, I can seem to be able to see it in my head.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Get ready for a big
      Spoiler:
      SQUEE!!!
      Sparkies. I was wandering around looking for con reports and found one from a guy who was at ChiCon.

Joe and David were asked about what TV program they'd be in other than SGA. David, of course, picked Dr. Who with Joe as his companion. But Joe said James Bond, with David as Q and TORRI AS MONEYPENNY. OMG, priceless priceless. Now how much do we love Joe?
      SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! *does happy dance* We so love you, Joe!!!! Squuueeeeeeeee!!!!

Another perfect quote from Joe:

Q: Is there anything that John didn't get to do, in your eyes?

JF: I wish that I'd had a leading female romantic interest who was, like, my boss. I was thinking we could get some of that Moonlighting quality into the show, where it's not gratuitous nonsense and romantic excess, it's just under the surface, hidden, and consequently incredibly frustrating. You have a job to do, and you have to push your feelings aside. That makes for some of the best movies and television around.
      OH. MY. GOSH!!! *fans herself* Did he really say that?!!!!!! *Faints*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Some more Bond/Moneypenny scenes:

Spoiler:

James Bond: Still here, Moneypenny? You should be in bed.
      Miss Moneypenny: James, we *both* should be!

Miss Moneypenny: James! Where have you been? I've been searching all over London for you.
      [Picks up phone]
      Miss Moneypenny: 007 is here sir.
      [Slaps Bond's hand away from the papers on her desk]
      James Bond: Moneypenny! What gives?
      Miss Moneypenny: Me, given an ounce of encouragement. You've never taken me to dinner looking like this. You've never taken me to dinner...
      James Bond: I would, you know. Only "M" would have me court-martialed for... illegal use of government property.
      Miss Moneypenny: Flattery will get you nowhere - but don't stop trying.

Ms. Moneypenny: James! Have you brought me a souvenir from your trip? Chocolates? An engagement ring?
      James Bond: I thought you might enjoy one of these.
      [gives Ms. Moneypenny a cigar tube]
      Ms. Moneypenny: How romantic. I know exactly where to put that.
      [throws the cigar tube in the garbage]
      James Bond: Oh Moneypenny, the story of our relationship: close, but no cigar.

And that is why we squee. Thanks again Joe. This will keep us occupied for quite some time.
      I can so see them doing these scenes!!! *Squueeee*

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      i'll never look at James Bond the same ever again.
      Same here!!!
      sigpic
      sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Definitely a good cause.

Great minds...
        Yes it is. I've even been working on turning her into a sci-fi/fantasy fan. She'a already watched some Warehouse 13 with me. I think she needs to be a little older before I introduce her to SGA and the Wraith.

I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Hey guys,

Hope you're all well. Sorry for not being around for a couple of days. Hectic time yet again. Also catching up with Longmire and The Newsroom.

Anyway, there's not really a lot to say that I disagree with or need to comment on. In terms of birthdays I did not know that there was a bio for John and Elizabeth with their DOBs. I have just always gone with the RL in that he is a couple of years older than her.

As for Woolsey being put in charge, I think this is one of the reasons S5 is better than S4. I think a civilian should be in charge of Atlantis. It did not make any kind of sense for Sam to be chosen. Personally, I always secretly wondered what would have happened had Daniel been put in charge in S4. Then, of course, Elizabeth has to come back (in my la-de-da land she can be in charge again!).

Also, I have been watching some episodes of Sanctuary and am enjoying it. As an English woman I avoided it for a long time because I did not want to hear AT doing a terrible English accent - things like that can really get on my nerves! But it's not bad - the accent and the show! Has anyone else watched it? Worth getting on blu-ray?
            We watched it the first couple of years, but then it got too convoluted and we lost interest. Loved Chris Heyerdahl as always though.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Just because I was feeling a little nostalgic....

And thank you JT-2 You know what for
              sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Thanks! Haven't heard back from Apple yet on the repair status, but I'm not expecting to until at least Wednesday. Hopefully I'll have it back in time for this Sunday's post-a-thon.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                Yes it is. I've even been working on turning her into a sci-fi/fantasy fan. She'a already watched some Warehouse 13 with me. I think she needs to be a little older before I introduce her to SGA and the Wraith.

I always say, start 'em young.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                Just because I was feeling a little nostalgic....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmNysYUlN1I
                Nostalgic, indeed. *happy sigh*
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Happy Smutty Tuesday!

sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                    Oh my gosh, Annelantis, your new chapter, 13, is just wow! I am all choked up here. All the emotions on this chapter were just… wow!! I am speechless. Wonderful job you have done here, wow!!! Well done!!!

I agree. I think they would never be able to please everyone, so, in a way, it is better if things are kept the way they are. And meanwhile we can always enjoy Atlantis on SGA Rising!
                    Hi Sparks,

Thanks for the kind words. Chapter 13 was fun to write. It has been so long in my head and then so long getting to that moment that I was really pleased when it was finally written. It seems to have gone down well. Only one chapter left.

Oh, I am getting really excited for the next episode of Rising. It's been so long since Primum Movens. I am missing it a lot!
                    Last edited by Annelantis; 27 August 2013, 12:56 PM. Reason: So very tired
                    sigpic

Comment

I always say, start 'em young.
                      Trust me, Stargate and Star Wars are in her future. My niece won't be able to spend much time with me and not here about either franchise.

Comment

Oh, I am getting really excited for the next episode of Rising. It's been so long since Primum Movens. I am missing it a lot!
                        I'm working on it...though it's kind of difficult when the computer is in the shop getting a part transplant.

Trust me, Stargate and Star Wars are in her future. My niece won't be able to spend much time with me and not here about either franchise.
                        Excellent! *rubs hands together and giggles* And just remember to make sure she understands...Han shot first.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Excellent! *rubs hands together and giggles* And just remember to make sure she understands...Han shot first.
                          He always did and always will in my book.

I also intend to introduce her to The Hobbit/LOTR and Highlander. Not sure how to explain all the beheadings to her.

Comment

sigpic
                            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Smart guy! My dad got me hooked good and early on Star Wars!

Comment

Someone in the Season One Sanctuary thread noticed something interesting. The person asked if John stole the statue to give to Elizabeth.

Spoiler:

Now, I know it's just the prop team recycling, but it's a fun idea. Apparently John likes to bring back presents from all the different worlds to Lizzeh. But she's just a boss, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X