Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    One of these days when I have a lot of time on my hands I may start an SG-1 marathon to figure out how many times Teal'c actually says indeed.
    You could probably turn that into a drinking game. I'd advise sticking to soda, though.

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
    I just discovered this brilliant piece of work on YouTube. Even if you've already seen this before, it is totally worth watching again.

Spoiler:
    AHAHAHAH! The Sparks Ignite trailer strikes again! It's a classic.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I just discovered this brilliant piece of work on YouTube. Even if you've already seen this before, it is totally worth watching again.

oh what a scifi rom com this would make.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic
            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I still hold a grudge toward Season 4, but Season 5 wasn't too bad, in my opinion. Woolsey was an interesting addition to the show, and I liked his character a lot. Jennifer didn't bother me as much as she irked others, I think. And of course, much of what happened in Season 5 was used SGA-R, so that's an additional plus.
              I agree! In my opinion things got a little bit better with Woolsey, far from being perfect, but at least more bearable. I also believe Woolsey has made more command decisions than Carter. And now, Woolsey is definitely the right leader for Atlantis!!! I definitely prefer Woolsey to Sam, as the replacement of Elizabeth.

Originally posted by Brie View Post
              imagine what will happen when we reach ‘BRAINstorm’ and we spend time banging our heads against the keyboard…or worse, someone brain will explode.
              Mine will probably be one of them!!!

Originally posted by Brie View Post
              I would have loved to have seen Elizabeth there and John first trying to explain the bets before trying to get Elizabeth to place one as well.
              I always wonder how Elizabeth would have reacted to something like that.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              No, kinda sorta, and no. There's a big difference between being suicidal and making a sacrifice play. John is not doing the former, but he is doing the latter. "Kolya" is a hallucination created by the Sekkari probe to keep John, which the AI on the probe recognizes as the military mind of Atlantis, from getting back to Atlantis and interfering with the AI's efforts to complete its mission. John is not deliberately seeking his own death, he's simply trying to do whatever he thinks he needs to do to protect Atlantis. That's what any soldier would do.
              I have to admit that I was one of those who also thought that John was suicidal, but after reading some opinions about his behaviour here on the thread, I begun seeing his behaviour with other eyes, and I agree, he is not suicidal but he would do everything in his power to protect Atlantis, even if that would mean sacrificing his own life. I guess my Sparky heart/eyes, saw him as suicidal because I always thought he had stopped enjoying his own life, since Elizabeth was no longer beside him and therefore he would not mind dying in order to be able to be with her.

Originally posted by It's A Paradox View Post
              http://s1364.photobucket.com/user/its-a-paradox/media/Random/lifeline_zpsa6f1b891.jpg.html
              http://s1364.photobucket.com/user/it...25dd1.jpg.html
              http://s1364.photobucket.com/user/it...18671.jpg.html
              Oh, Lifeline!! I really loved the Sparkyness of this episode!! And these scenes, prove how full of Sparks this episode was, in spite of everything.

Originally posted by Annelantis View Post
              Two months until the next episode of SGA-R? I'm not sure I can cope!!! It's keeping me going.
              I am anxious to read the next episode of Atlantis Rising, but I am a little bit more relaxed now, since we have Elizabeth, back. But I really want to know what will happen next! But I will be more patient this time.

Originally posted by Annelantis View Post
              I am going to go and try and write chapter 13. 12 is in beta (i.e. my husband is still checking it) so while i wait I shall get started on that.
              I look forward to reading the next chapter!!!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
              And I was wondering, I haven't seen SR post for a little white. Anyone know if she's okay, or just buried in red-inked pages of episode drafts?
              Just got a PM from her; she's still here, just taking a bit of a break. Whew!
              Good to know that. I was assuming she might have been busy because of her son’s wedding.

Speaking of breaks, Comic-Con in San Diego is this weekend, so I'll be out Thursday-Saturday. But I will be here for our The Kindred Part I post-a-thon on Sunday!
              And good to know this too!

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
              I'm doing my own re-watch. Just saw Adrift/ Lifeline. Two of my favourite shippy episodes. Though that ending... I need a hug.
              I thought Adrift/Lifeline were among the best Sparky episodes. They were extremely sad, and I didn't like the way Elizabeth's departure was handled in the end, but that doesn't necessarily make them bad episodes.

Oh my gosh, it was definitely worth watching it again!!! Thank you for sharing.
              sigpic
              sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                I am anxious to read the next episode of Atlantis Rising, but I am a little bit more relaxed now, since we have Elizabeth, back. But I really want to know what will happen next! But I will be more patient this time.
                *salutes* I'm working on it. Though it is taking a back seat this week to Comic-Con.

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                Good to know that. I was assuming she might have been busy because of her son’s wedding.
                Actually, that's a big part of it, too.

Comment

In honor of last week's episode:

And just for the Sparky:

Comment

I'm uploading vacation pics and watching M*A*S*H reruns, waiting for "Whose Line" to return.

JT!!! *glomps*

And thanks for that GIF of Shep and Ronon. I love that moment!

Comment

Correcto-mundo. Remember when I had my Taylor Swift kick and every song that I used in a video was one of hers?

Oh wait. Still doing that.
                      That explains it. I hear a lot of Taylor Swift on the radio at work. Still freaks me out how much Taylor looks like an old friend of mine.
                      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I'm uploading vacation pics and watching M*A*S*H reruns, waiting for "Whose Line" to return.

JT!!! *glomps*

And thanks for that GIF of Shep and Ronon. I love that moment!
                        Hey, that's precisely what I'm doing! Well, except for the photo uploading. I have vacation photos from April 2012 I still haven't loaded. But I'm watching M*A*S*H and waiting for Whose Line.

Comment

You could probably turn that into a drinking game. I'd advise sticking to soda, though.
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            That explains it. I hear a lot of Taylor Swift on the radio at work. Still freaks me out how much Taylor looks like an old friend of mine.
                            Yeah, I just heard a TS song on the radio heading to the car dealer for a check-up and it made me realize how long it's been since I've listened to her songs on repeat. And I still hear Sparky in everything. Therapy, you were a waste of time.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                            Hey, that's precisely what I'm doing! Well, except for the photo uploading. I have vacation photos from April 2012 I still haven't loaded. But I'm watching M*A*S*H and waiting for Whose Line.
                            Ha ha, that's awesome! *high-fives* I took a bunch of scenic and historical-buildings-that-are-cool-to-other-people-but-not-me-because-I-saw-them-everyday-growing-up-there pictures. Thought I would share with some folks.

Can't wait for "Whose Line"!!!

Comment

Oh, and I brought out a sig that I made a while back but haven't posted it yet.

Comment

Speaking of breaks, Comic-Con in San Diego is this weekend, so I'll be out Thursday-Saturday. But I will be here for our The Kindred Part I post-a-thon on Sunday!
                                Oh, have fun at Comic-Con. I am so not jealous that you are going to pretty much the ultimate convention in the world! You'll have to let us know who's there. I know that there's a Veronica Mars panel and Haven in there too. But, to be honest, I have kept away mostly because I didn't want to be sad about the fact that San Diego is too far away.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X