Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
    The friend who introduced me to both SG-1 and SGA doesn't like Weir, she also thinks she's ~wooden. I watch SGA at her place, so when I rejoiced every time an episode evolved around Weir, she just shook her head, not willing to listen.
    I like Weir because she's a strong, independent woman who believes in what she does. I think Torri's beautiful, I don't mind that either And I like the chemistry between her and Sheppard, talk about sparkles flying! At least my friend agrees with me on that particular part
    At least your friend sees some sense!
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      On the show (SG1) Season 5--yes, it was moved to Syfy, but that wasn't my reason for stopping watching, it was Meridian. Guess who my favorite character in SG-1 was. By the time he came back on, I had drifted away and never came back.
      Oh, yes, if he was your favorite, no wonder you stopped watching because of Meridian Too bad you didn't come back, Daniel ended up being the main focus in many interesting episodes once he came back.

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
      At least your friend sees some sense!
      Yes, she does

Comment

Originally posted by Varda View Post
        I stiil have three more exams, but at least I have something to live for: my friend and I are planning a trip around China in August!
        That sounds so cool, can I join you?

Thank you so much for the GIFS!!! I love them and the ones from season 2 too!!

[/lurking mode]
        Wow - adorable! Thanks
        Welcome!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Welcome! Just a warning to you that we're not all huge Sam fans around here. Some are, some aren't. Please know we mean no disrespect to her fans. We all realize that we need to agree to disagree on certain subjects but we will always welcome all viewpoints. Well, as long as those viewpoints aren't negative towards John/Elizabeth.
        I am with JT here.

I didn’t mind Sam in SG1, but I really could not stand her, in SGA. She was never able to fit in, in SGA. I definitely prefer Woolsey to Sam, as the replacement of Elizabeth.

I liked SG1, but the only seasons that I watched, completely, were seasons 7, 8, 9 and 10. The first seasons of SG1, I saw some episodes here and there.

I can’t say I am a fan of SG1. I liked it, but I don’t consider myself a fan of the show, or at least not as much as I am a fan of SGA. SGA is definitely my favourite and both shows can’t be compared in my opinion. I am definitely a fan, a huge fan, (100% fan!!) of the first 3 seasons of SGA!!!!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        I'm back, and it was the easiest shopping trip of my life. Seriously. OT for wedding chatter. For the newbies, my son is getting married in August and I'm driving everybody mad with wedding stories.
        Congratulations on your son’s wedding!

I've read that Sam was underused in SGA, I don't know if it's true or if it's only Sam fans that thinks such a thing?
        Sam half most of the time wasn’t even there.

Originally posted by Luz View Post
        I blame tptb, they tried to push SG1's awesomeness so hard on us at SGA's expense.
        And made us (me!) hate dislike SG1 in the process.

The friend who introduced me to both SG-1 and SGA doesn't like Weir, she also thinks she's ~wooden. I watch SGA at her place, so when I rejoiced every time an episode evolved around Weir, she just shook her head, not willing to listen.
        I like Weir because she's a strong, independent woman who believes in what she does. I think Torri's beautiful, I don't mind that either And I like the chemistry between her and Sheppard, talk about sparkles flying! At least my friend agrees with me on that particular part
        There is still some hope for your friend then.
        sigpic
        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

I saw TH's Weir before I saw JS's Weir and I have to say IMHO TH is way better JS was too closed off for me didn't care for her really. I only saw JS when I watched the SG-1 DVDs when I first got into the Franchise.

My opinion when they first created the Weir character it was a political Sam that is my opinion blonde hair, very smart & the kinda closed off personality I don't hate Sam like some Daniel fans do but she was too closed off for me sometimes but I liked her and respected her, when they were going to do SGA IMHO they changed what they wanted Weir to be hence change the actress who portrayed her that's what I think.

sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Oh, I feel for you...
            And I hate it. I love cats so much, I want to have one at home - but I can't.

Thanks!
            You're welcome.

My allergies are getting a little better. Hope your's are to.
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Pearl of Atlantis76, Southern Red, JT-2,

aww, thank you so much for your well wishes, my friends! <3
              I stiil have three more exams, but at least I have something to live for: my friend and I are planning a trip around China in August!

A trip around China sounds like so much fun, Varda!!!

Once you go that will make three people I know that have been there. I really want to see the Great Wall sometime.

Comment

can't believe it's been almost ten years. i really wish the show last at least seven seasons.

Comment

I'm back, and it was the easiest shopping trip of my life. Seriously. OT for wedding chatter. For the newbies, my son is getting married in August and I'm driving everybody mad with wedding stories.
                  Spoiler:
                  Traffic was light. Unheard of. I found a parking place right outside Macys and literally walked into the dress department. I tried on 3 dresses and one was perfect.
                  Spoiler:
                  It has to be tailored a bit, but my top and bottom don't match so that was expected. It was on sale and I had a coupon. I ended up paying $71 for it. Miracle! And I already have shoes that work. Mr. SR is going to pass out. I may tease him a bit before I reveal the price. *snicker*
                  Congrats on finding a dress that easily SR!

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                    Congrats on finding a dress that easily SR!
                    Thanks, and thanks to everyone else for the congrats. The dress shopping was definitely one for the books.

I don't remember what I thought of JS as Weir. I don't think I liked her much, but when I get a chance I'm going back and watching those eps. I know one thing. She would never have been shipped with John to the extent TH's Weir is. Yeah, some people will ship anything that breathes, but alas, Sparky would not have been.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I'm sure I'm going to miss the active Sam as well.
                      I did like Jessica Steen's Weir but not as much as I've come to like Torri's.
                      From what you've all written it seems to come down to poor writing and what TPTB did with Sam that causes some of you to dislike her.
                      Just for the record: I'm totally okay with this - that some of you don't like Sam - we can't all be fans of all the characters, especially when our favorite gets replaced in a not cool way. I appreciate that you take your time answering my newbie questions
                      Thank you for being so reasonable about this. I just wanted to warn you so you wouldn't be shocked if some negative stuff came up out of nowhere.

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                      Had Elizabeth been played by JS, she would have probably died at the end on season 1.

She was in my favorite tv show when I was little, Captain Power. She played a character named Jennifer Chase "Pilot", my first tv crush. And she died at the end of the first, and only season (the show got cancelled). The baddies invaded the heroes' headquarters and she activated the self-destruct and, yes, she got blown up. Broke my heart and traumatized me for life.
                      Captain Power!!!!!!!!!!! We must be about the same age then, because I was addicted to that show when I was a kid. I'm fairly certain there's still a VHS tape with that episode somewhere in my house. Like you, it broke my heart and traumatized me. It was my first ship that ended in heartbreak. For a kid's show, it was pretty damn dramatic.

Thanks, and thanks to everyone else for the congrats. The dress shopping was definitely one for the books.

I don't remember what I thought of JS as Weir. I don't think I liked her much, but when I get a chance I'm going back and watching those eps. I know one thing. She would never have been shipped with John to the extent TH's Weir is. Yeah, some people will ship anything that breathes, but alas, Sparky would not have been.
                      I've actually never seen JS's Weir. I watched the SG-1 Torri eps, but not the JS ones.

Comment

I liked JS as Weir, but movie!Weir is a different character, serving a different role. And given that they apparently wanted Ben Browder for Sheppard, I think the Shep/Weir dynamic would have been very different indeed. But it's all speculation.

As for the Carter issue, I don't feel like getting into that again.

But here's some things that arose in the writing of another project

Sheppard: I got you a copy of 50 Shades of Grey. Like it?

Weir: Probably about as much as Rodney likes lemons, I suspect

Sheppard: Ma'am. What are you doing here?

Carter: I'm in Acting Command until I get my new ship

Sheppard: Aww, I'm sorry about that, you must be gutted

Carter: I don't follow

Sheppard: Well it's a bit of a step back, isn't it? To go from being in charge of a large off-world base, to being in charge of a ship that fell under your authority if it was in Pegasus anyway? If you're sleeping with anyone at Homeworld Command * then it isn't working for you

* I maintain they aren't. If the show had ended after TLC, then sure, but not will all the canon that followed.
                        sigpic

Comment

And considering we were talking about SG-1....

Hammond: Mr President, I'm confirming visual confirmation that the enemy ship has been destroyed

Hayes: I don't know how we're ever going to thank you George

Hammond: Well sir, perhaps you could start by taking your nose out of my butt
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                            Steen's character on NCIS got blown up. Do any of her other characters suffer similar fates?
                            Steen's character on Flashpoint was also blown up.
                            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                              That sounds so cool, can I join you?
                              Sure, why not?
                              I hope we can visit not only Beijing and Shanghai, but also some provinces... and, probably, Xianggang (Hong Kong).

Southern Red
                              congratulations on your buying! (and, of course, your son's wedding)!
                              I'm sure you look wonderful in that dress!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                              You're welcome.

My allergies are getting a little better. Hope your's are to.
                              Unfortunately, not that good so far... As addition, now I have dust allergy, as I have to spend some time in the library, preparing for exams; I do need some books, but it's iquite a challenge to buy them.

A trip around China sounds like so much fun, Varda!!!

Once you go that will make three people I know that have been there. I really want to see the Great Wall sometime.
                              I also hope so!

And I'm sure, one day you can go there
                              But for now... If everything goes well, I can take some pictures by myself and then show you. Just for fun
                              I've entered the Abyss and never returned.

sigpic

My links: Tumblr || Twitter || VK

Comment

A few more words about Sam - as I watch Stargate from the end, I didn't have much feelings for her in Atlantis. Sure, she was nice (and hot, lol ) as Rodney's hallucination, but when it came to ruling Atlantis... well, I missed Weir so much, and it was strange to see Carter instead of her, speaking all the words that could be said by Elizabeth. =/

Now I'm finishing watching the third season of SG-1: this Sam I like, the character is much more interesting for me.
                                I've entered the Abyss and never returned.

sigpic

My links: Tumblr || Twitter || VK

Comment

Working...
                                X