Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    rodney would definitely be a buzz kill. i wonder if Rodney (in order to poke fun at John) would allow Ronon to watch Star Trek and see why he calls John "Kirk"
    Star Trek would confuse Ronon.
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      So thought provoking question: if John and Elizabeth watched the TV shows that were on now, what do you think they would like the best? Disagree on?

And yes, we all know John would be watching football.
      Do they even have TV on Atlantis? And even if they would, I think John and Elizabeth would be too busy to watch TV, if you know what I mean, LOL! But ok, in the eventuality that in the future there will be TV on Atlantis I see them occasionally watching a documentary or two;

John would like to watch sports, specially football and I believe Elizabeth would try to be interested in it too, I mean I can picture in my head John trying to explain it to her, trying to make her like it and so on, LOL.

But what I think they would like the most would be mystery TV series, I don’t know why but that seems to me, at least in my head, that mystery TV series would be the kind of series they would both be interested in.

The fact they would have to follow the clues to try and guess who the killer would be, makes me think that this kind of TV series would be interesting for them because they would have the chance to exchange their ideas about it. They both like to share their thoughts and opinions with one another, so I think mystery TV series would be something they would probably enjoy watching together.

Oh and they would probably keep away from Sci-fi shows, it would remind them much of their “day time” jobs, LOL!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Yep, John and Ronon would love those. And McKay would be telling them how it wouldn't work like they showed it or something. Mr. SR loves those shows.
      Oh, I can see that in my head!!!

i wonder if Rodney (in order to poke fun at John) would allow Ronon to watch Star Trek and see why he calls John "Kirk"
      That would be funny, LOL!
      sigpic
      sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

I read a story where John and Elizabeth watched Battlestar Galactica (the latest one) and then John watched the finale alone. (And of course, there's some parallels in some characters there, but don't want to spoil anyone so I'll keep it vague like that).

Comment

Do you have a link to that story?
          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

The TV show discussion is pretty hilarious because I have no idea what they would watch. It would be fun to see McKay’s reaction to Sheldon Cooper and I bet that at least John would tease him a lot about that. I also think that maybe Elizabeth just to get under the guys skin would introduce Teyle to the more “girly” shows (like ‘Friends’, and maybe even some ‘Sex and the City’ and ‘Desperate Housewives’) and not because she is a big fan but because she would know that the guys would hate it and leave the girls alone and they could watch something else without the guys.

I could only imagine something like this happening but with John being the one who had the vision. it would've added more character development for Shep and plus it would probably have left him a little distrubed as well especially with the events of doppelganger already have happened.
            That is how I would have done it as well, having Shep get the vision I mean, and it would have been a great character development for him even if I can also imagine that it would have been a horrible thing for him.
            sigpic

Comment

sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

what about shows like Mythbusters where they blow stuff up?
                I think Ronon would be a huge fan of Sons of Guns. A show where they build custom guns and repair antigue weapons then show them off to clients would be so far up Ronon's alley he'd have his own parking space.
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                  I think Ronon would be a huge fan of Sons of Guns. A show where they build custom guns and repair antigue weapons then show them off to clients would be so far up Ronon's alley he'd have his own parking space.
                  Don't forget Lock N' Load with R. Lee Ermey!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Don't forget Lock N' Load with R. Lee Ermey!
                    How could I forget the Gunny!!! *Gibbs slaps self*

Must remember to special order it next time I go to Barnes & Noble.
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                      I read a story where John and Elizabeth watched Battlestar Galactica (the latest one) and then John watched the finale alone. (And of course, there's some parallels in some characters there, but don't want to spoil anyone so I'll keep it vague like that).
                      Wasn't there a deleted scene where John and Ronon watched BSG together? And John commented how his and Ronon's life was much more entertaining?

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                      The TV show discussion is pretty hilarious because I have no idea what they would watch.
                      We actually know from canon that John likes superheroes shows (or at least Batman) well enough to remember all the actors in obscure roles. So does Rodney.

Comment

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
                        Wasn't there a deleted scene where John and Ronon watched BSG together? And John commented how his and Ronon's life was much more entertaining?

We actually know from canon that John likes superheroes shows (or at least Batman) well enough to remember all the actors in obscure roles. So does Rodney.
                        yes it was in Miller's Crossing as a deleted scene. they would probably go see the avengers and have them be like "Sheppard, why are you reminded me of this tony stark character?"

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                          How could I forget the Gunny!!! *Gibbs slaps self*

Must remember to special order it next time I go to Barnes & Noble.
                          Heehee!

yes it was in Miller's Crossing as a deleted scene. they would probably go see the avengers and have them be like "Sheppard, why are you reminded me of this tony stark character?"
                          Forget The Avengers!
                          Spoiler:
                          Just imagine what they'd think if they went to see Iron Man 3. They'd look at Sheppard, then they'd look at Elizabeth, and... yeah. You know where I'm going with this one.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty;13824031
                            Forget The Avengers! [spoilers
                            Just imagine what they'd think if they went to see Iron Man 3. They'd look at Sheppard, then they'd look at Elizabeth, and... yeah. You know where I'm going with this one. [/spoilers]
                            no i really don't.

Comment

no i really don't.
                              You haven't seen Iron Man 3 yet?

Comment

I'm going to be curled up in the fetal position for the next four months.

Anyhow. Back to Sparky.

Forget The Avengers!
                                Spoiler:
                                Just imagine what they'd think if they went to see Iron Man 3. They'd look at Sheppard, then they'd look at Elizabeth, and... yeah. You know where I'm going with this one.
                                Heh heh heh.
                                Spoiler:
                                You mean how it appears that Tony is in charge, and he thinks he is, when it's really Pepper holding everything together?

Hey, Sheppard, what's up with the funky facial hair?
                                And Elizabeth, why are you wearing Lieutenant Cadman's hair?

You haven't seen Iron Man 3 yet?
                                I haven't seen it yet either, but I'm making an edju-ma-kated guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X