No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not terribly surprising as there are a limited number of ways to portray a humanoid alien
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      not terribly surprising as there are a limited number of ways to portray a humanoid alien
      yeah it does something get repeative. you know i keep watching these alien-invading tv shows such as falling skies and defiance and i always wonder would my hometown still be around or would it have been destroyed and become a relic just like all of the other towns.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        yeah it does something get repeative. you know i keep watching these alien-invading tv shows such as falling skies and defiance and i always wonder would my hometown still be around or would it have been destroyed and become a relic just like all of the other towns.
        My old hometown in NC would still be around. The folks are too stoopid to be a threat to aliens, and they have enough moonshine hidden away to make themselves think that everything's fine.

Comment

Where I live, it would be left alone.
          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

So thought provoking question: if John and Elizabeth watched the TV shows that were on now, what do you think they would like the best? Disagree on?

And yes, we all know John would be watching football.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
              So thought provoking question: if John and Elizabeth watched the TV shows that were on now, what do you think they would like the best? Disagree on?

i'm not really sure? maybe the history channel maybe?

Comment

i'm not really sure? maybe the history channel maybe?
                Possibly. I'd assume Elizabeth would watch more than John.

On second thought, I take it back. It's not really that thought provoking.

Comment

My old hometown in NC would still be around. The folks are too stoopid to be a threat to aliens, and they have enough moonshine hidden away to make themselves think that everything's fine.
                  I hope you meant that as a joke. I think there is way more stupidity in the big cities these days than in rural areas.

I can see John and Ronon watching The Walking Dead. John tries to explain zombies, and Ronon sees them as just dead Wraith that need killing all over again. Elizabeth would be watching Downton Abbey. John would linger a while, pretend he didn't like it but check back later to see what happened. Oh and John would be a Breaking Bad fan just because I am. Forget the network shows, but moving to cable, I can also see John introducing Ronon and Teyla to shows like Hell on Wheels and Justified, which, taken together, would confuse them even more about Earth. With all those shows, you would get an excellent cross-section of our culture and history. Throw in Mad Men and they would be thoroughly lost. I can see Rodney also trying to make sense of it all and just digging a deeper hole. Ronon would sum it all up nicely with a pithy comment like "I like that guy in the hat." And John, Teyla and Rodney would all say in unison, "Which one?" Ta Da. Plot bunny all summed up.

Possibly. I'd assume Elizabeth would watch more than John.

On second thought, I take it back. It's not really that thought provoking.
                  It's very thought provoking, as you can see. But I disagree. I think John would watch more. I forgot the Science channel and its like. Can you see John and Ronon watching How Do They Do It? And then one day they stumble on What Not to Wear and hilarity ensues. So many possibilities.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    I hope you meant that as a joke. I think there is way more stupidity in the big cities these days than in rural areas.
                    Unfortunately, my dear, I am not. Last time I checked, the dropout rate in my hometown was around 50%. Wish I was kidding.

I can see John and Ronon watching The Walking Dead. John tries to explain zombies, and Ronon sees them as just dead Wraith that need killing all over again. Elizabeth would be watching Downton Abbey. John would linger a while, pretend he didn't like it but check back later to see what happened. Oh and John would be a Breaking Bad fan just because I am. Forget the network shows, but moving to cable, I can also see John introducing Ronon and Teyla to shows like Hell on Wheels and Justified, which, taken together, would confuse them even more about Earth. With all those shows, you would get an excellent cross-section of our culture and history. Throw in Mad Men and they would be thoroughly lost. I can see Rodney also trying to make sense of it all and just digging a deeper hole. Ronon would sum it all up nicely with a pithy comment like "I like that guy in the hat." And John, Teyla and Rodney would all say in unison, "Which one?" Ta Da. Plot bunny all summed up.

It's very thought provoking, as you can see. But I disagree. I think John would watch more. I forgot the Science channel and its like. Can you see John and Ronon watching How Do They Do It? And then one day they stumble on What Not to Wear and hilarity ensues. So many possibilities.
                    I needed someone with a functioning brain to answer the question. I'm too dnrirnshrifpajdh today. Specifically, between 8pm-10pm tonight. I'm deadz.

Comment

Unfortunately, my dear, I am not. Last time I checked, the dropout rate in my hometown was around 50%. Wish I was kidding.

I needed someone with a functioning brain to answer the question. I'm too dnrirnshrifpajdh today. Specifically, between 8pm-10pm tonight. I'm deadz.
                      You're confusing stupid with ignorant. I think the stupidest people on Earth are Ivy League grads armed with a book by Saul Alinsky, but you couldn't call them ignorant. OTOH some of the smartest people I know never went to college. Education in the government schools doesn't make you smart. Brainwashed, but not smart. And not even very well educated.
                      sigpic

Comment

sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday! And I am up way too early. Frakkin' insomnia. *whimpers*

City dwellers would never survive an apocalypse. They're too wedded to their supermarkets and cars.

Three words: Game. Of. Thrones. Gotta wonder what they'd all think of Khal Drogo.

You're confusing stupid with ignorant. I think the stupidest people on Earth are Ivy League grads armed with a book by Saul Alinsky, but you couldn't call them ignorant. OTOH some of the smartest people I know never went to college. Education in the government schools doesn't make you smart. Brainwashed, but not smart. And not even very well educated.
                          Amen to that.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

what about shows like Mythbusters where they blow stuff up?

Comment

what about shows like Mythbusters where they blow stuff up?
                              Yep, John and Ronon would love those. And McKay would be telling them how it wouldn't work like they showed it or something. Mr. SR loves those shows.
                              sigpic

Comment

Yep, John and Ronon would love those. And McKay would be telling them how it wouldn't work like they showed it or something. Mr. SR loves those shows.
                                rodney would definitely be a buzz kill. i wonder if Rodney (in order to poke fun at John) would allow Ronon to watch Star Trek and see why he calls John "Kirk"

Comment

Working...
                                X