• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    *evil laugh*
    I just hope you will not be
    Spoiler:
    too evil to John, poor him. Isn't it enough what he is being through because of his Lizzie? Not to mention if you will be too evil to him, Lizzie might not like it.

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
    How evil are you guys being to John?
    I guess we/you will have to wait to read the next episode of Atlantis Rising, we don’t want all the “fun” to be spoiled now, right?

Originally posted by Brie View Post
    It’s an interesting conversation about sarcasm. For me personally I use it more than I probably should but I still try and avoid using it online and with people I don’t know.
    I don’t know you well enough, Brie, but i don’t see you as a sarcastic person, but then again and as i have mentioned before, most of times i can never tell when someone is being sarcastic, so.
    sigpic
    sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

I hope Elizabeth comes in soon!
      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

sigpic
        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          I've had the kidney stone but not the labor, so I can only tell you that kidney stones are quite unpleasant.
          I once passed a kidney stone and didn't even realise what was happening until after the fact. And let me tell you, it was nothing compared to cramps.

One of the worst cramp episodes I've had I actually thought I'd end up on an episode of "I didn't know I was pregnant", lol. Like one of those people who are all "I didn't know I was in labor, I thought they were cramps," it just hurt too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
            I once passed a kidney stone and didn't even realise what was happening until after the fact. And let me tell you, it was nothing compared to cramps.

One of the worst cramp episodes I've had I actually thought I'd end up on an episode of "I didn't know I was pregnant", lol. Like one of those people who are all "I didn't know I was in labor, I thought they were cramps," it just hurt too much.
            It depends on the size of the stone. Some really little ones can be not very bad, but the bigger ones generally cause more trouble. I've had a few larger ones I needed to have zapped in the hospital.

Whenever someone has compared it to childbirth I always reply with the fact that you get a BABY at the end of labor. A little kidney stone isn't any great prize.

Comment

do not mention kidney stones, my dad passed several of them the other day, i felt so bad for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                I agree with what you wrote Luz, I love ‘the storm’ and ‘the eye’, it’s such a great episode and John’s Rambo moment is one of my favorite action-John moments. I do like the gif and that scene, every time I hear him yell “I’ll give you a ship…” I can’t help but think “Yeah you will”
                I'm gonna go a bit off-topic with my general Sheppard adoration and fangirling here.

I loved Sheppard so much, specially because of that dedication and quiet intensity. He was always willing to do whatever it took to protect Atlantis and his people, even if it meant a near death experience. And, to him it was like no big deal. He didn't expect a thank you or a pat in the back. Or even for the people to miss him if anything happened to him.

That scene in The Siege III, when Weir hugs him. To me, his surprise wasn't just at Weir hugging him, but also at realising that now he someone waiting for him.

Comment

I'm gonna go a bit off-topic with my general Sheppard adoration and fangirling here.

I loved Sheppard so much, specially because of that dedication and quiet intensity. He was always willing to do whatever it took to protect Atlantis and his people, even if it meant a near death experience. And, to him it was like no big deal. He didn't expect a thank you or a pat in the back. Or even for the people to miss him if anything happened to him.

That scene in The Siege III, when Weir hugs him. To me, his surprise wasn't just at Weir hugging him, but also at realising that now he someone waiting for him.
                  Very true, I think it was around ‘The Storm’/’The Eye’ that John realized that Atlantis was his home and hat he cared about the people there more than he probably expected. And I agree about the hug in ‘The Siege’, it might have been that and it could also have been (I guess from a non-Sparky viewpoint in this case) the moment when he realized that his friends cared about him as well and what happened to him, I think it was quite an eye opener in a good way for him and he realized that anything he sacrificed they wouldn’t take for granted and they would always be there for him, that’s something I’d say he got from the hug.
                  sigpic

Comment

That hug to John was also as if it had been a while since anyone really cared.
                    sigpic
                    sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Good comparison. Childbirth is like cramps on steroids times 100.

Fangirl all you want. Sometimes it just has to be done. ITA with all this.

Have you read our version of S6? Check out SGA Rising in my sig. A new episode that is sure to be popular on this thread is about to be published.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                          Good luck and best wishes to your sister Mandogater!!
                          Thanks, Pocus.

My sister ended up having a c-section to bring my niece Sophia Olivia into the world.

OT
                          Spoiler:
                          I'm trying to upload an imagine of Sophia but I'm getting an error code saying the imagine is too big. Anyone know an easy way to shrink a file? I guess this is just one more thing I can tease my sister about given her daughter a name with the initials S.O.S.
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            I hope by now you have a new niece or nephew. This reminds me of a vid I saw on YouTube of 2 guys who got hooked up to an electric stimulation machine so they could experience labor. They started out laughing and joking around. It was supposed to last 2 hours, but one of them bailed after an hour and the other one cried like a little girl. Wimps. Two hours? Please.
                            Being a total basket case by lunch time yesterday I know I could never handle being pregnant.

Thanks, Drew and SK.

I'll be sure to pass on everyone's best wishes.

Even with having a c-section, I'm sure things went 1,000 times better for my sister than if I was there all day.
                            Last edited by mandogater; 10 May 2013, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                              Thanks, Pocus.

My sister ended up having a c-section to bring my niece Sophia Olivia into the world.

OT
                              Spoiler:
                              I'm trying to upload an imagine of Sophia but I'm getting an error code saying the imagine is too big. Anyone know an easy way to shrink a file? I guess this is just one more thing I can tease my sister about given her daughter a name with the initials S.O.S.
                              what image hosting site do you use? do you have image editing software like GIMP or Photoshop? Many image hosting sites have limited editing ability built in. You can 1) re-size the image smaller 2)post as a thumbnail image 3)save it at a lower compression/quality level
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                                what image hosting site do you use? do you have image editing software like GIMP or Photoshop? Many image hosting sites have limited editing ability built in. You can 1) re-size the image smaller 2)post as a thumbnail image 3)save it at a lower compression/quality level
                                It's an imagine my sister e-mailed me from her i-phone. I'll try playing with it some tomorrow when I'm not so tired and get back with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X