No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sarcasm talk reminds me of one of my favorite shirts. It says "Sarcasm. Just one of my many talents." A friend of mine saw it in Texas while she was visiting family and immediately thought of me. So she saved it for my birthday. I wear it with great pride.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      Oh God. I have sinned against the two-ity of Sparky. How many Hail Marys do I owe?
      Even more now for using "two-ity."

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
        i should be doing school work or sleeping so i'm not gonna quote but:

RE: geekyness....I wave my nerd/geek flag high and proud and very loudly...I've come out of the closet, so to speak, and have no intentions of keeping my geek status a secret any longer. And it's led to interesting conversations, friendships and opportunities!

RE: sarcasm...People are CONSTANTLY mistaking my sarcasm for seriousness and I always have to explain that I'm being sarcastic. Apparently my delivery confuses people

JT super cool pic of your dad!

SW hee I like when you're naughty...it entertains me!

Finally....I miss you guys! I have a lot on my plate now and it's seriously interfering with my play time and I don't like that much!
        I know the feeling, Drew. My sarcasm is very sneaky. Most of the time people think I'm being serious too.

JT, I have to agree about that being a cool pic of your dad.

Would have said something yesterday but I guess I'm too stressed out waiting for my sister to deliver her first child today. The docs have been trying to induce labor since 7 this morning and the little one is still holding out. Makes me wonder what kind of basket case I'd be if I ever had to wait this long to meet my own kid.
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good luck and best wishes to your sister Mandogater!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
            I know the feeling, Drew. My sarcasm is very sneaky. Most of the time people think I'm being serious too.

Would have said something yesterday but I guess I'm too stressed out waiting for my sister to deliver her first child today. The docs have been trying to induce labor since 7 this morning and the little one is still holding out. Makes me wonder what kind of basket case I'd be if I ever had to wait this long to meet my own kid.
            I had a problem with my sarcasm again tonight at the grocery store with my friend....and she's *knows* that i speak fluent sarcasm!

Good luck to your sis!
            My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
            sigpic

Comment

I hope by now you have a new niece or nephew. This reminds me of a vid I saw on YouTube of 2 guys who got hooked up to an electric stimulation machine so they could experience labor. They started out laughing and joking around. It was supposed to last 2 hours, but one of them bailed after an hour and the other one cried like a little girl. Wimps. Two hours? Please.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                I'm getting the red pen all lined up to do some heavy work soon. We're about to launch the next ep of SGA-R, and it's a doozy. Poor John.
                *squee* Can hardly wait to see what’s going to happen
                Spoiler:
                to John on the next episode!!!!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                The sarcasm talk reminds me of one of my favorite shirts. It says "Sarcasm. Just one of my many talents." A friend of mine saw it in Texas while she was visiting family and immediately thought of me. So she saved it for my birthday. I wear it with great pride.
                I would never be able to wear such a shirt since sarcasm is really not one of my talents.

I think i am one of those people.
                sigpic
                sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

I hope by now you have a new niece or nephew. This reminds me of a vid I saw on YouTube of 2 guys who got hooked up to an electric stimulation machine so they could experience labor. They started out laughing and joking around. It was supposed to last 2 hours, but one of them bailed after an hour and the other one cried like a little girl. Wimps. Two hours? Please.
                  Isn't breaking your femur bone supposed to be the most painful experience for a person? Maybe they should stimulate that instead. *shrugs*

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

mandogater, I hope your sister is doing well!

OMG. Pansies.

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                    *squee* Can hardly wait to see what’s going to happen
                    Spoiler:
                    to John on the next episode!!!!
                    *evil laugh*

Isn't breaking your femur bone supposed to be the most painful experience for a person? Maybe they should stimulate that instead. *shrugs*
                    *snickers*
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

How evil are you guys being to John?
                      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Hello everyone! I’m home again after my mini-vacation.

It’s an interesting conversation about sarcasm. For me personally I use it more than I probably should but I still try and avoid using it online and with people I don’t know. However sometimes it comes out without me really thinking about it and sometimes people don’t get that its sarcasm and in those cases I guess someone could have held up one of these:

Spoiler:

“You have a sarcasm sign?”[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luz;13814390]ETA: Also, this scene still makes my knees go weak.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2.../je-1x10-7.gif

I agree with what you wrote Luz, I love ‘the storm’ and ‘the eye’, it’s such a great episode and John’s Rambo moment is one of my favorite action-John moments. I do like the gif and that scene, every time I hear him yell “I’ll give you a ship…” I can’t help but think “Yeah you will”
                        sigpic

Comment

I've heard that it's a kidney stone, but I wouldn't know about either of those. I do know about childbirth, and even with my high tolerance for pain, it was the worst pain I can imagine, especially near the end. And I couldn't have any drugs because SR Jr. was a premie in distress.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I've heard that it's a kidney stone, but I wouldn't know about either of those. I do know about childbirth, and even with my high tolerance for pain, it was the worst pain I can imagine, especially near the end. And I couldn't have any drugs because SR Jr. was a premie in distress.
                            I've had the kidney stone but not the labor, so I can only tell you that kidney stones are quite unpleasant.

Comment

That may be the most painful thing for guys anyway!
                              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                I've had the kidney stone but not the labor, so I can only tell you that kidney stones are quite unpleasant.
                                Oh, I imagine so. *cringes*

I've had two broken collarbones (within 4 months of each other, I might add) but I doubt the pain even compares. And no labor, and not planning on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X