Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    But hey, the nerd had a boyfriend!! So she can't have been that big of a nerd. Vote of confidence, I say! You should feel good about that scenario (it was probably the Atlantis bit that made her think of you) - I'm the one who feels bad coz I know exactly what you're talking about with Angel. The quality drop-off was highlighted when Cordy came back for their 100th ep. I am so disappointed with myself right now
    Yes, I know exactly what you mean about that episode.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Angel is a great comparison. I get that totally, and if you want to go outside SciFi, there's always Bones. Hmmm, David B. has a history, doesn't he?

Do you know what the book was?

I love being an outside the norm nerd. I was hanging out with the AV club back in high school and reading Tolkien. If you don't know what the AV club was, you are young. *snort* Now when I tell people about my SciFi involvement, most of them profess shock. Women look at me weird and purse their lips. Men raise their eyebrows and act like they think I've suddenly become more interesting. LOL I'm past the age where I keep quiet to avoid anyone thinking less of me. Screw 'em. I am what I am. Like it or move away.
    No, she didn't tell me the name. I'll ask her next time I talk to her.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    I know what you mean, I totally revel in my nerdiness.
    Nerds assemble.

Comment

This is totally off topic. Well, it's on topic as John is a secret math geek, I suppose.

Spoiler:

I saw this on Tumblr:

I've gotten sooooooooo many of those year/age calculation things. Some people ask me to explain it and some actually think it's some kind of number magic. *shakes head* Then I explain it step by step and they are always disappointed.

Comment

Brie, mandogater, thank you for your kind words! <3
        *hugs back Scary Kitty*

Exactly! It's like having your own super seekrit code language that no one else understands. So. Much. FUN!
        That's the point! I also have these wonderful moments, even when I'm talking with my university friends. We discuss a new videogame, or I tell one of my friends sth about Stargate, for example, and others of our mates sometimes look at us with surprise: as a rule, they prefer discuss boys, night clubs, soap operas, make-up and so on

And, btw, sometimes I wear a hoodie with one of Mass Effect logos, and people in the subway start talking to me about gaming and other nice things
        I've entered the Abyss and never returned.

sigpic

My links: Tumblr || Twitter || VK

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
          How very true.

I'm still a little curious if anyone else at the Airplace Museum in Canton had any idea what I was talking to another guy about for 20 minutes. All I did was notice the SG-1 pin on his hat and we ended up talking about SG-1 and Atlantis instead of the restored WWII planes that we were waiting on to fly in.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          Nerds assemble.
          *cackles* We need a flag or something to wave around.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          This is totally off topic. Well, it's on topic as John is a secret math geek, I suppose.

Spoiler:

I saw this on Tumblr:
          http://25.media.tumblr.com/3645023da...1bq7o1_500.png

I've gotten sooooooooo many of those year/age calculation things. Some people ask me to explain it and some actually think it's some kind of number magic. *shakes head* Then I explain it step by step and they are always disappointed.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...vator-math.jpg
          Bwahahahah! Oh, that is just so bad!

Originally posted by Varda View Post
          Brie, mandogater, thank you for your kind words! <3
          *hugs back Scary Kitty*

That's the point! I also have these wonderful moments, even when I'm talking with my university friends. We discuss a new videogame, or I tell one of my friends sth about Stargate, for example, and others of our mates sometimes look at us with surprise: as a rule, they prefer discuss boys, night clubs, soap operas, make-up and so on

And, btw, sometimes I wear a hoodie with one of Mass Effect logos, and people in the subway start talking to me about gaming and other nice things
          That's awesome! *high-fives* It's so nice to have something cool to talk about with even complete strangers. Might just make a new friend!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

That's awesome! *high-fives* It's so nice to have something cool to talk about with even complete strangers. Might just make a new friend!
            Just make sure you know that the person to whom you are talking to is actually talking about the same thing as you, if not you can get yourself in trouble, LOL. Personal experience of someone who is usually terrible at first conversations, LOL.
            sigpic
            sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
              Just make sure you know that the person to whom you are talking to is actually talking about the same thing as you, if not you can get yourself in trouble, LOL. Personal experience of someone who is usually terrible at first conversations, LOL.
              Oh dear.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm not good with first conversations, especially when I'm v. nervous.
                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I am also a very nervous person and i also have another problem, i tend to take things seriously, too seriously sometimes, and i sometimes can’t tell when someone is actually kidding about something, and i also end up getting in trouble sometimes because of that. LOL. (Wow, how many “sometimes” did i use in this sentence, LOL.)
                  sigpic
                  sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

I am also a very nervous person and i also have another problem, i tend to take things seriously, too seriously sometimes, and i sometimes can’t tell when someone is actually kidding about something, and i also end up getting in trouble sometimes because of that. LOL. (Wow, how many “sometimes” did i use in this sentence, LOL.)
                    I am sometimes immune to sarcasm, even though I can use it myself.
                    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                      I am sometimes immune to sarcasm, even though I can use it myself.
                      I am not that immune, at least not always, unless i can really tell someone is actually being sarcastic.
                      sigpic

Comment

I am not that immune, at least not always, unless i can really tell someone is actually being sarcastic.
                        I think that there are different types of sarcasm and your own "level" of sarcasm, shall we say, dictates if you will get it or if it goes right over your head. Sarcasm is direct or subtle.

Huh. Not what I was planning on saying in the thread, but oh well.

Anyhow, hi. *waves* RL is demanding a lot of attention, with final exams and whatnot coming up soon for the kiddies. Suffice it to say, when June 4th rolls around, I'm planning on spending a lot of time getting reacquianted with John and Elizabeth since all my other ships will be in jeopardous limbo over the summer hiatus and I'll need to return to an old obsession.

And SR, I'm aware that "jeopardous" is most likely not yet a word in the English vocabulary, but I'm still using it. Red pen me all you like.

Comment

mathgirl, how's this?

How To Find Your Age In Four Easy Steps

1. Take your age.

2. Add 8.

3. Subtract 16.

4. Add 8.

And voila, you have your age.

Spoiler:

And on that note, I need to go back to writing my story where John Sheppard is a hot geometry teacher.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                            I think that there are different types of sarcasm and your own "level" of sarcasm, shall we say, dictates if you will get it or if it goes right over your head. Sarcasm is direct or subtle.
                            I agree. And I also think that a good amount of sarcasm can be healthy sometimes. But my problem is that if I will not get at first that someone is being sarcastic and specially if they are being sarcastic towards things that I really like, I will usually not accept it well, and that’s when I might end up getting myself in trouble.

I am usually not that good at being sarcastic, maybe because I am always too serious and always take everything too serious. And sometimes when I give it a try at being sarcastic I always end up being misinterpreted.

I'm planning on spending a lot of time getting reacquianted with John and Elizabeth
                            I look forward to see what will happen after you finish getting reacquainted with John and Elizabeth.
                            sigpic

Comment

sigpic
                              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

mathgirl, how's this?

How To Find Your Age In Four Easy Steps

1. Take your age.

2. Add 8.

3. Subtract 16.

4. Add 8.

And voila, you have your age.

Spoiler:

And on that note, I need to go back to writing my story where John Sheppard is a hot geometry teacher.
                                You are a punk.

What the hell was that?
                                I think she was trying to be funny.

In honor of VE day, here's a picture of my dad in his uniform.

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X