Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    Welcome to Pegasus, leave your inhibitions at the door
    Oh Jesus! That's awesome. It should be SGA fandom's official motto!

Originally posted by Brie View Post
    actually I will compliment TPTB on the way they wrote the friendships on all three shows because they did a good job with that and the chemistry between the cast on friendship level is really great.
    This. If there's anything they did right it was the friendships.

Comment

I must say I am not looking forward to Missing. I'll be here but I may need to ingest copious amounts of caffeine to stay awake. When's there's no John, my mind tends to drift.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Just popping in to say I won't be here for Missing. I'm still too aggravated at some personal things from last night, and watching Missing will only add to my sour mood.

I'll say some swear words in honor of you all, though.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          Just popping in to say I won't be here for Missing. I'm still too aggravated at some personal things from last night, and watching Missing will only add to my sour mood.

Coward.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Coward.
            sheppard10-by-lifeistoobrevis.jpg

Comment

Everything is a potential ship. I think some people just find the most unlikely ship and go with that one. I ran across someone somewhere recently, on Facebook I think, who ships John and Keller, and the funny thing was she had a long argument with a Sheyla over it. I was highly amused. At least for me, before I came on GW and learned the baffling truth, I shipped Sparky because it seemed the most obvious. Silly me.
              If there is one thing I would change about my SGA fandom experience, it would be all the time I wasted arguing about fan preferences. I spent way too much time debating about sheyla vs sparky. It's futile, people ship what they ship and trying to change someone's mind is useless because everything is so subjective. Plus, I suffer from a bad case of ******'s (I forgot about censoring, lol. Let's just say, I deeply regret getting into fights with other fans over petty fandom stuff); I fight first and feel terrible later. So I try to avoid debates like the plague.

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
              Personally, I ship those characters whose chemistry appeals to me the most... and if other people don't see it, who cares? It's all about fun!
              Yeah, I'm the same. To me it's no a conscious decision, it doesn't depend on whether it'll be canon or if tptb favor the ship. I feel the pull and I'm drawn to pairing. And once I've imprinted on a ship it's really hard for me to jump ship. Also, I'm a one true character shipper with a bit of otper thrown in for good measure. That pretty much guarantees once I've started to ship something I will go down with it.
              Last edited by Luz; 05 May 2013, 10:35 AM.

Comment

I will be here for the post-a-thon but…

I must say I am not looking forward to Missing. I'll be here but I may need to ingest copious amounts of caffeine to stay awake. When's there's no John, my mind tends to drift.
                …I feel the same way. I guess naming the episode “Missing” was fitting because it was missing a lot.
                sigpic

Comment

S-minus 1 hour to the Missing post-a-thon!

Coward.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]37758[/ATTACH]
                  Oh you two.

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                  …I feel the same way. I guess naming the episode “Missing” was fitting because it was missing a lot.
                  LMAO!

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                  If there is one thing I would change about my SGA fandom experience, it would be all the time I wasted arguing about fan preferences. I spent way too much time debating about sheyla vs sparky. It's futile, people ship what they ship and trying to change someone's mind is useless because everything is so subjective. Plus, I suffer from a bad case of ******'s (I forgot about censoring, lol. Let's just say, I deeply regret getting into fights with other fans over petty fandom stuff); I fight first and feel terrible later. So I try to avoid debates like the plague.
                  Seriously, I am so sick to death of shipping wars. Whether it's a canon pairing or not, the haters are just so very vile and seem to find new ways to demonstrate their blind insanity every day. But I have to say, the crap I've seen here in the SGA fandom is just a fart in the breeze compared to some of the garbage I've seen in some of my other fandoms. MCU fandom is practically a bloodsport.

Yeah, I'm the same. To me it's no a conscious decision, it doesn't depend on whether it'll be canon or if tptb favor the ship. I feel the pull and I'm drawn to pairing. And once I've imprinted on a ship it's really hard for me to jump ship. Also, I'm a one true character shipper with a bit of otper thrown in for good measure. That pretty much guarantees once I've started to ship something I will go down with it.
                  Me too, my friend.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And once I've imprinted on a ship it's really hard for me to jump ship. Also, I'm a one true character shipper with a bit of otper thrown in for good measure. That pretty much guarantees once I've started to ship something I will go down with it.
                    Yes, I'm the same. Many people jump ships quickly and easily and then change their favorite characters with no problem at all... I can't. Sometimes I wish I could, but I'm just not wired this way. I'm pathologically loyal.

Comment

S-minus 15 minutes to Missing!
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hello, everyone! I am here for "Missing", but I am not sure for how long. I will probably fall asleep in the middle.
                        sigpic
                        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

S-minus 10 minutes!

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                          Hello, everyone! I am here for "Missing", but I am not sure for how long. I will probably fall asleep in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            S-minus 10 minutes!

MCU fandom?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                              Hahaha.
                              sigpic

Comment

S-minus 5 minutes!

MCU fandom?
                                Marvel Cinematic Universe. So, Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Avengers. To be joined by Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man, but Spider-Man and the X-Men aren't part of the party because the film rights are owned by different studios.

Comment

Working...
                                X